Rappers with 3 classic albums or more....

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #121
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7568 7568
Yeah, n*ggas love tossing the word classic around.

Kanye with 3 classics? LOLOLOLOL

Y'all n*ggas funny.

Jay/Nas running around with two and a possible on some real sh*t. Reasonable Doubt/Blueprint.. then you gotta stretch. Is it Black Album? Take away the retirement hype... really? Eh......... American Gangster (probably Jay's 3rd best album ever, real sh*t)... nah... then what is it? Vol 1? Nope. Vol 2.. doesn't hold up through time...

For Nas, Illmatic is obvious.. then what? It Was Written, I'd give the nod to.. but you can make a million arguments for that album being kinda lackluster. n*ggas weren't feeling it like that when it came out. sh*t was cool.. but I feel like that album gets the benefit of Nas just still being relevant. It was a good album for 1996... but it wasn't even one of the best albums of that year.. it's just that now, he's one of the top 2 or 3 artists still around from that time, so his work gets looked at differently. Nobody talks about LL anymore.. so nobody notices that Mr. Smith had waaaaaay more impact when it dropped. Nobody listens to the Lost Boyz anymore.. so nobody remembers Nas didn't even have his home borough locked down when IWW dropped... sh*t like that.

But even given Illmatic, and IWW... then what? Still? Eh.......... I don't feel like that album holds up. I don't feel like it was ever classic. It's VERY good.. but classic? Meh. It feels like Life Is Good, to me. It's good.. but gets way more credit because it's Nas, and we don't expect actual good albums from Nas.. so when we get one, we overreact.

Same with Shady. Eminem Show is his best album to me.. MMLP is a certified classic (though I personally don't agree.. but gotta give credit where it's due).. then what? SSLP? VERY debatable. It had impact.. but nobody listens to that sh*t anymore. Ever. If it's classic, we still listen. You still hear n*ggas riding by playing Life After death.

Then n*ggas talking about Bone Thugs... chill. I used to be the biggest Bone fan (pause), but them n*ggas got ONE (E. 1999) and a possible (Creepin). Nothing else.

Mobb Deep is close. But no. Murda Muzik just isn't a classic. It's another very good album.. but nobody plays that sh*t anymore. Anywhere. And I fu*ked with that album crazy when it came out. My favorite album of that summer. Easy. But classics mean it's timeless.

Outkast have 2 top 10 rap albums ever IMO.. but they don't have the 3rd. The Love Below isn't even a rap album.. Don't reach.

n*ggas naming T.I... come on. Son has ONE classic (Trap Muzik). That's it. KING was very good. Paper Trail was cool. But son has one classic. That's it.

50? One classic.

Redman is close.. but no.

Snoop. No.

Lupe got 2. And he's never making another one.

Masta Ace.. you can't give him that. You can say he made personal classics.. but if your CLASSIC albums are sh*t most n*ggas never even heard of.. sorry.. it ain't classic.

Little Brother comes close too... but they have the same sh*t against them that Masta Ace has.. plus Chittlin Circuit 1.5 is a reach, IMO. You can hardly call it an album, first of all.. yeah it got sold in stores.. but it was just a rerelease of a mixtape, with a couple more tracks..

Only n*ggas I can say probably got 3 is Pac, Scarface... sh*t that may be it. And I'm from NY.. so not bias here.

I'm only 28.. so I'm not about to speak on Public Enemy, KRS One, Run DMC, Tribe and all that kinda sh*t.. I'm not gonna fraud like I know that sh*t.
 4 years ago '04        #122
sdsuhustle 
space
space
$406 | Props total: 27 27
Ghostface

Supreme Clientele
Iron Man
Bulletproof Wallets

Edit: Forgot about Fishscale - classic; an argument can be made for wizard of poetry and apollo kids

Last edited by sdsuhustle; 06-29-2013 at 04:39 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #123
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,883 | Props total: 2041 2041
Hold on this is boxden and I did not see some1 say Wayne Carter 1,2, and 3
 4 years ago '12        #124
T.D. 67 heat pts67
space
space
$7,508 | Props total: 1777 1777
Project Pat
-Mista Dont Play

[pic - click to view]

-Ghetty Green

[pic - click to view]

-Layin Da Smackdown

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by T.D.; 06-29-2013 at 03:22 PM..
 06-29-2013, 03:18 PM         #125
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ballergenetics said:
Scarface
Common
The Roots
Ghostface k!llah

...to add to your list.
Yessir...

original list + those 4 =
 4 years ago '10        #126
uddart 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 19 19
 Retro said:
If we're going by consensus classics there's no way Pac can be left of anyone's list. Like I've said before AEOM may not sit well with me but it does for far more than just a few.

Kanye doesn't have 3 classics...yet. I don't like it but I think MBDTF will be considered a classic down the road.

Jay's borderline also. I can't see how people don't like Black Album (I think it's his 3rd classic) but most say (regular people, not the stans) he's got Blueprint & Reasonable Doubt...
 4 years ago '11        #127
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1469 1469
 aclockworkred71 said:
Eminem Show was trash, the obvious three is SSEP/LP/MMLP.

I am a Bone Thugs homer, and still can't qualify AOW (too much BS filler), Outkast has three near classics it seems, Wu Tang is awesome but only for their debut and side albums.

It is safe to say no one has three classics, but I still think Cube is the best choice. I rate tough and listen to lots of genres so I don't believe in throwing the label around like dust.
You must be in the minority when it comes to ^^^^ b/c that's one of his best albums if not thee the best one out of his entire catalog.
 4 years ago '09        #128
MakaveliToDon91 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,629 | Props total: 4615 4615
 whouthinkitis said:
Are you fu*king serious? That was the worse one out of the entire posthumous Pac catalog. They switch the OG tracks to some Jazzy Phe bullsh*t beats at least when they took the OG tracks off certain songs from the UTEOT album they were good/decent. They took a song like "Fair Xchange" and got rid of the old track and re-did it with Jazzy Phe & Mya.

[video - click to view]

but this was heat my n*gga
 06-29-2013, 03:20 PM         #129
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J Rob said:
Jay, Nas, and Em don't have 3 classics IMO

Well your opinion is wack. Jay has 4, Black Album and American Gangster are the less obvious two but those are both pure fire start to finish...

Em's first 3 are all classic (not infinite)

And Nas has two definites (Ill and Still) and then at least one more depending (God's Son for me, or IWW etc.)

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 06-29-2013 at 03:25 PM..
 4 years ago '11        #130
space
space
 Retro said:
If we're going by consensus classics there's no way Pac can be left of anyone's list.

Jay's borderline also. I can't see how people don't like Black Album (I think it's his 3rd classic) but most say (regular people, not the stans) he's got Blueprint & Reasonable Doubt...
Agreed w/all the bolded. If anyone says, Pac doesn't have 3 classics at least they just ain't been listening to Hip-Hop very long at all.
 4 years ago '13        #131
Impeccable 210 heat pts210
space
space
$14,828 | Props total: 983 983
Common has 3 classics but Nas, Eminem, and even Jay don't

Common aint impacting no artists currently. All 3 of these n*ggas are
 4 years ago '11        #132
Giovanni Cassa 48 heat pts48
space
space
$3,829 | Props total: 219 219
I don't know about classics, but name some sh*t that Ghostface was a part of that was wack.

Ironman = classic
Supreme Clientele = classic
Bulletproof Wallets (in its supposed original form) = classic
The Pretty Toney Album = 4/5
FishScale = 4.5/5
More Fish = 3/5
The Big Doe Rehab = 4.5/5
Wizard of Poetry = 3.5/5
Apollo Kids = 4/5

+ 2 classic albums with the Wu
+ he's half the reason for the OB4CL classic
+ Wu-Block = 3.5/5
+ 12 Reasons to Die = 4/5
+ Put It On the Line = 3.5/5
+ 718 = 3/5

Wu Massacre was mediocre though, 2.5/5.

Watch him drop Supreme Clientele 2 & that joint with MF Doom... It's a wrap. Most consistent out of the GOAT contenders!

Hon. mentions: Scarface, Common, De La Soul, ATCQ.
 4 years ago '05        #133
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
Mf doom
 4 years ago '11        #134
space
space
 MakaveliToDon91 said:

but this was heat my n*gga
Yeah that track was nice along with this one:

[video - click to view]

It was the same OG beat they just took out 2 verses (from other artists & Kokane's vocals) but it was dope but them beats was kind of funny on better dayz. Now that I think about it Pac's Life was the worst posthumous album out of all of them that's when I stopped buying them.
 4 years ago '04        #135
sabret00the 
space
space
$992 | Props total: 275 275
Pac doesn't have three classics. His best album was Makavelli by a long shot. Jay's best is Reasonable Doubt by a long shot too. Nas reached it by what seems like an accident. I mean Illmatic classic, It Was Written had enough classic tracks to put it in there and then everything after was largely bullsh*t. Though Nas fans will stay pushing Stillmatic into that category.

Ghostface springs to mind.
Doom springs to mind.

Also I should add that Mobb only have two, same with Outkast. JMT have three, The Roots have three.
 4 years ago '13        #136
DatDude504 6 heat pts
space
space
$759 | Props total: 266 266
Cube
Straight outta Compton
Amerikkka's most wanted
death certificate
The predator
Possible
Bow down
Laugh now, cry later
Raw Footage

Face
Grip it on that other level
The geto boys
We can't be stopped
Mr Scarface is back
The diary
The untouchable
The fix
Possible
Last of a dying breed

I was going to post ghostface, redman, ugk and a few others, but I'm too lazy.
 4 years ago '11        #137
space
space
What is this sh*t with Pac not having 3 classics?
 06-29-2013, 03:59 PM         #138
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 whouthinkitis said:
You must be in the minority when it comes to ^^^^ b/c that's one of his best albums if not thee the best one out of his entire catalog.
Dude actually said Eminem Show was "trash"? My god... that album is so fu*king dope
 06-29-2013, 04:06 PM         #139
antoniob321 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gangstarr

- Step In The Arena
- Daily Operation
- Hard To Earn

4 years ago '04        #140
wildout44 
space
space
$590 | Props total: 5 5
dudes on here really thinkin that Me Against The World isnt classic???

LMAOOOO thats blasphemous.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
349 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
79 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy