Nerlens Noel traded to the Sixers for Jrue Holiday

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
231 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
130 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #61
glepurple 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,675 | Props total: 783 783
 Saintaholic said:
I can't believe some of the negative comments by you Growna**man. Jrue Holiday is an ALL STAR and a franchise point guard. He is young and under contract until 2017. The idea is obviously to drag the Pels out of the lottery team dungeon and into relevancy. Who cares if next years draft is loaded? I don't want to be a lottery team next year and besides we are not guarantied to even get a good pick next year, but oh wait if we do blow our pick is protected. What is there to complain about? Great job Pels front office.
this i couldn't of said it better...you don't want to develop a losing culture with a young team. We don't wanna play the lottery game and become the kings,bobcats...etc. The draft is a good way to build a foundation but also good trades and good fa signings have to be made as well in order to succeed.
 4 years ago '04        #62
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 0 0
 Saintaholic said:
Gravy hella slow tho, Jrue is quick, can shoot and can score I feel your frustration on Gordon hopefully Demps finds a sucker to trade for him. Gravy would be better served as the backup imo bc he would be better than most bench players he'll being playing against plus he has heart. You can also pair Gravy and Jrue at times by sliding Gravy to the two.....look at the big picture fam.....there is still Free Agency too.
 glepurple said:
Man vasquez is not a starting point guard. Vasquez improved greatly last season but people point to his a.ssist numbers which were really good but he had an awful lot of turnovers. I know jrue still can improve in that department as well...but jrue is an upgrade on offense (scoring) and defense. Vasquez couldn't keep pgs in front of him to save his life. Jrue is a pretty good defender and also now with jrue we can get up and down the court more. Also vasquez was one of the worst guards in the league in creating turnovers. Jrue is pretty good in that area. This is a clear upgrade over our current situation and better than any i could of forseen.
Maybe i'm being too critical but i like GV because he can play and the boy has heart. I just felt like upgrading PG was necessarily a need at the moment. And I hate that we gave up our first rounder next year. Thats what pisses me off the most.

Dee504 said:

You perfectly described him

You know sh*t is real when a 504 dude call you a hoe
 4 years ago '04        #63
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
 Saintaholic said:
I can't believe some of the negative comments by you Growna**man. Jrue Holiday is an ALL STAR and a franchise point guard. He is young and under contract until 2017. The idea is obviously to drag the Pels out of the lottery team dungeon and into relevancy. Who cares if next years draft is loaded? I don't want to be a lottery team next year and besides we are not guaranteed to even get a good pick next year, but oh wait if we do blow our pick is protected. What is there to complain about? Great job Pels front office.
Buck you my nig from all the Saints threads but fam, I'm tired of mediocrity when we could be a f*ckin force.
 4 years ago '06        #64
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,203 | Props total: 600 600
How Did Philly come close to taking an L???

1. The team is gonna be terrible next year, and have the chance of getting 2 TOP 5 picks.... maybe a reach on the 2nd top 5 pick, since NO has the potential to hoover around 500.... but who knows what to expect out of EG, and Davis can be injury prone also

2. Say Noel turns out to be a bust/ injury prone.... Still wind up with the picks at the end of the day.... Before the injury, he was slated as the top pick, so seems worth the roll of the dice

3. I love Jrue as much as anybody, but he is just gonna collect dust the next few years anyway in philly.... fu*k if your gonna rebuild, at least go all out with it.... At the end of the day he was the best trade bait philly had to work with.... philly been bad/ average for the better part of the last 25 years.... love the move for them tbh....
 4 years ago '06        #65
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 ginobili 20 said:

1. The team is gonna be terrible next year, and have the chance of getting 2 TOP 5 picks.... maybe a reach on the 2nd top 5 pick, since NO has the potential to hoover around 500.... but who knows what to expect out of EG, and Davis can be injury prone also

2. Say Noel turns out to be a bust/ injury prone.... Still wind up with the picks at the end of the day.... Before the injury, he was slated as the top pick, so seems worth the roll of the dice

3. I love Jrue as much as anybody, but he is just gonna collect dust the next few years anyway in philly.... fu*k if your gonna rebuild, at least go all out with it.... At the end of the day he was the best trade bait philly had to work with.... philly been bad/ average for the better part of the last 25 years.... love the move for them tbh....
Jrue Holliday JUST turned 23 2 weeks ago bruh. You acting like he's fu*king 30 years old

6ers lawst.
 4 years ago '07        #66
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,610 | Props total: 5462 5462
tank for Wiggins
 4 years ago '09        #67
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,629 | Props total: 2738 2738
Lord, I was going to say this is an awful trade for Philly, but if they are trying to tank for a top pick next season, then this makes sense, giving up your most valuable a.sset for rebuilding pieces. Pelicans just got that much better, Point Darkness and Gordon in that back court is nice.
 4 years ago '05        #68
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
 iMaGrOWNassMAN! said:
Buck you my nig from all the Saints threads but fam, I'm tired of mediocrity when we could be a f*ckin force.
Which is why they moved the 1st for next year. Im withcha fam the work is not done there is still FA and possible trades to happen cmon fam
 4 years ago '04        #69
glepurple 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,675 | Props total: 783 783
I know a possiblility of wiggins or parker would be great but i rather take a sure thing in holdiay any day of the week. Dudes acting as if ad didn't just have one of the best seasons ever for an undersized rookie big man. His per was off the charts and he only played limited minutes. Add holiday who can push the pace more and gordon being as healthy as he's been as a pelican. This is a great young core...add ryno and rivers is still developing. Also we still can make a move or two in free agency. We are looking good for the future imo. And if we suck this year we still have a chance to pick in next years draft if its top three.
 4 years ago '12        #70
BlackBreesus 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$8,335 | Props total: 8 8
 ginobili 20 said:

n*gga get hurt two times and he's injury prone?
 4 years ago '10        #71
jayjay2 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,407 | Props total: 2273 2273
 Dee504 said:
n*gga get hurt two times and he's injury prone?
And the pick is top 5 protected. Some of these cats complaining... I just don't know. I'm on another site just laughing.
 4 years ago '12        #72
space
space
space
 glepurple said:
I know a possiblility of wiggins or parker would be great but i rather take a sure thing in holdiay any day of the week. Dudes acting as if ad didn't just have one of the best seasons ever for an undersized rookie big man. His per was off the charts and he only played limited minutes. Add holiday who can push the pace more and gordon being as healthy as he's been as a pelican. This is a great young core...add ryno and rivers is still developing. Also we still can make a move or two in free agency. We are looking good for the future imo. And if we suck this year we still have a chance to pick in next years draft if its top three.
And to think Drummond was only one pick away. If they would've got Drummond a.ssuming Davis progressed to a top 5 PF they'd be looking at a future top 4 team in the west.
 4 years ago '06        #73
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,876 | Props total: 2715 2715
Damn Sixers are going all out for that tank. They hoping for Pelicans can be at best the 6th pick in the draft and of course they want to win the lottery themselves.
 4 years ago '06        #74
space
space
space
 eLLz said:
Jrue Holliday JUST turned 23 2 weeks ago bruh. You acting like he's fu*king 30 years old

6ers lawst.
not at all ellz, well aware of jrue's age.... we are looking at a deep draft, why not get some picks? and take a stab with Noel? Say they kept Jrue, they hoover around 40 wins for the next how many years probably... You a smart cat, philly isn't gonna EVER take the next step building threw free agency, hell most teams never do.....

I like jrue's game, but he is close to hitting his ceiling at this point... The PG spot is deep as hell threw out the league also... If Rose and Rondo are healthy, he isn't an all star... think people tend to hang on to jrue making the ASG too much tbh....

I just think if you want to rebuild, you can't half a.ss it... Philly has never been a melting pot for attracting free agents also.... they gonna have a tough time selling tickets though next year

All3rd thought that pick was top 3 protected could be 5 tbh...... imo doesn't matter much anyway... Philly still is the sweepstakes for wiggins/parker just by tanking... and will get another respectable pick from New Orleans anyway... Let alone if Noel pans out
 4 years ago '04        #75
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
Maybe I need to watch more highlights of this dude. To me he's just a slightly above average PG but I'm gonna check him out a lil more.
 06-27-2013, 09:52 PM         #76
Jets Fool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iMaGrOWNassMAN! said:
Maybe I need to watch more highlights of this dude. To me he's just a slightly above average PG but I'm gonna check him out a lil more.
That just how I'm feeling at the moment.
 4 years ago '04        #77
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
 Jets Fool said:
That just how I'm feeling at the moment.
for some reason i keep gettin Darren Collison flashbacks.
 4 years ago '10        #78
jayjay2 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,407 | Props total: 2273 2273
 iMaGrOWNassMAN! said:
I don't remember Collison doing as good as Holliday.

Maybe it's because they're the same color
 4 years ago '12        #79
space
space
space
 iMaGrOWNassMAN! said:
I used to always hear how underrated dude is. Face it superstar players don't just happen, next years class could be bust and it wasn't guaranteed y'all would pick top 8 if Davis improves. Dude is a damn good young player all around.
 4 years ago '06        #80
space
space
space
 iMaGrOWNassMAN! said:
Watched most of his games in the NBA.... One thing that is hard to gauge, is he never had the chance to work with an above average post player... Didn't really have reliable wings cats either... Outside of some turnover issues, he can run the pick n pop game well.... Improved his mid range game a bit, but is still streaky......

I'm guessing NO is looking at Vasquez as stop gap cat.... Or maybe looking to move him or EG.... Jrue can guard most 2 guards, but Imo if I would want him playing off the ball for long spurts....

PG's just seem to come a dime a dozen these days... Why I think the trade looks better for Philly...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
23 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
91 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy