Lupe/J.Cole/Kendrick Lamar Who's the most skilled rapper?

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
103 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who's the most gifted MC out of...
Lupe Fiasco 172 56.77%
J. Cole 44 14.52%
Kendrick Lamar 87 28.71%
Voters: 303. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-27-2013, 10:34 PM         #141
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WavyCrockett said:
Lupe has NO classics, stop the lies in here Boxden
Food and Liquor is a classic and the cool is near classic.
 4 years ago '11        #142
GrindPOWER$ 391 heat pts391
space
space
$19,296 | Props total: 12684 12684
Lupe put more time in them bars..not saying Kendrick and Cole don't but Lupe just make you think he really don't make it easy for you.
 4 years ago '13        #143
Impeccable 210 heat pts210
space
space
$14,865 | Props total: 1219 1219
Lupe atm but Kendrick and Cole gonna pass him up just cause they will impact the game more
 4 years ago '07        #144
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
J.Cole hands down

/thread
 4 years ago '04        #145
JugernoT 
space
space
$1,812 | Props total: 1164 1164
imo Kendrick is better than Lupe ever was and I loved lupe from his mixtapes to the cool. Section 80 is better than any lupe album and gkmc is better than food and liquor imo (hardly listed to that album outside of a few songs)

It's okay though. I get it. Lupe is well established but if Kendrick keeps it up this very same thread in a few years will have Kendrick winning. He simply hasn't released enough material for this to be a fair comparison.

as for Cole.... I respect the fact that he tries and takes rapping seriously.. but he is not entertaining or interesting in the slightest to me. that let Nas down song was disgraceful until Nas (the goat) bodied the remix.

Last edited by JugernoT; 06-28-2013 at 12:00 AM..
 4 years ago '09        #146
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,182 | Props total: 7359 7359
 1LynguisticMind said:
J.Cole hands down

/thread
 4 years ago '06        #147
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,008 | Props total: 1470 1470
 ototo7 said:
if we're going off of right now im going with kendrick. yall forgot about when he was spitting that fire
He did k!ll it.
 4 years ago '05        #148
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1823 1823
Cole is easily the weakest , his conscious efforts have been nice , but not outstanding. He simply doesn't stand out as a skilled rapper in any effort. Even Krit outclasses Cole on the conscious effort (dunno why he isn't mentioned). Hes' more of a pop artist , or a teenage spokeman than anything.

Lupe is dope , but musically hes' a wreck. Hes' definitely a conscious artist , but what good is his music if it can't reach the minds of those who can't comprehend him. He could have had a great career and a lot of impact , but he can't balance lyricism and consciousness , with reaching many individuals , outside back pack nerds and quality hiphop listeners. Dude has no classics.

"I learned from Lupe: when you Dumb It Down its just harder to understand" - JB

Kendrick hasn't had enough time to compare to Lupe , but his music is on the same plateau. The difference between Lupe and Cole , from a conscious standpoint , is that Lupe is a criticizer , while Kendrick uplifts the mind. Lupe has never had a record as strong as Hi-Power , even more , Lupe is far more articulate , meaning he can bring his conscious music to the forefront of everyones' mind , hes' the closest to Nas minus his sellout moments.

"I know some rappers using big words to make their similes curve
My simplest sh*t be more pivotal
I penetrate the hearts of good kids and criminals" - Kendrick (applies to Lupe)

Kendrick with a few more projects , can easily enter the ranks of great artist , without being forgotten or disregarded like Lupe. Dude is making major impact , and has the support from streets , to white ppl , to backpackers , and those who listen to hiphop.

Kendrick >=Lupe ..................................Cole
 4 years ago '10        #149
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,180 | Props total: 8249 8249
Wasalu is the best rapper of all time. Technically speaking.
 4 years ago '06        #150
tonygunz 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,330 | Props total: 868 868
Although he doesn't have as much material out there as the others, lyrically, King Los deserves to be mentioned. As far as a lyricist, he's got to be one of the nicest ever in regards to lyrical ability and flow. The same sh*t that Eminem, Big Pun, Big L, Pharaoh Monch, etc got, Los has too. But out of those mentioned, I'd have to say Kendrick. I just recently went back and started listening to Section 80 and there are so many lines that went clear over my head until I started listening to it again.

Last edited by tonygunz; 06-28-2013 at 04:24 AM..
 4 years ago '11        #151
JGunnaWP 
space
space
$718 | Props total: 25 25
lol J cole is nice man iunno why dudes hate on this n*gga so much...
i dont have an opinion on Lupe because i never listened to any of his albums as a whole
but id say Kendrick off what i've listened to
I might have to check Lupes albums tho..yal goin on like hes the GOAT
 4 years ago '06        #152
pa_general 134 heat pts134 OP
space
space
$6,857 | Props total: 557 557
I see Kendrick moving up in them polls
 4 years ago '12        #153
Jake2by4 
space
space
space
$1,023 | Props total: 12 12
Lupe has no classics? Damn, now I've seen it all.
 4 years ago '12        #154
styxz 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,309 | Props total: 438 438
Lupe aint got no classic?

Do any of you remember the state of rap when F&L dropped and what that album did to the game?

Classic (per Webster's)
Serving as a standard of excellence : of recognized value; Historically memorable
F&L was a classic record man. n*ggas in here sleep.

Oh, and Lupe don't have any uplifting joints?

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '07        #155
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 Lupe Hunter said:
Lupe is better lyrically, flow wise, storyteller, and better overall.

K Dot is second

J.Cole third
This but Lupe's last two albums are mediocre compared to his first two, which means his last two were decent

On that note, I'd prefer to listen to Kendrick but Lupe is more skilled.
 4 years ago '10        #156
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,666 | Props total: 4516 4516
if your fav. album of all time is the carter 2 I think your opinion doesnt matters on this

Last edited by kiddrocay; 06-28-2013 at 10:36 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #157
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7569 7569
I know this sh*t is all opinion... but some of y'all n*ggas said Kendrick or Cole are better storytellers than Lupe...

There ain't no opinion to that sh*t.. K. Dot and Cole are nowhere close to Lupe's level on storytelling...

Lupe may be the best storyteller in the history of rap. Rick, Nas.. n*ggas were nice with it but Lupe whole first two albums were one story. n*ggas just didn't understand Michael Young History, The Streets, The Game, etc.

"The Cool" (song), "The Die", "The Coolest" are RIDICULOUS stories.. you can throw "Put You On Game" in as a story song, even though it kind of isn't, just because it gives backstory to the character The Game, on the overall story of The Cool (album).. and Put You On Game is just one of the best written rap songs ever. There are several other songs in Lupe's catalog that add into the overall story he was telling over the course of different albums/tapes. To even mention Kendrick/Cole in the same sentence as Lupe, as a storyteller, just shows that either A) you didn't listen to Lupe like that or B) you just didn't get it.

I haven't even really listened to Lupe since The Cool, but off just FnF 1+2, the Food & Liquor leak, the Food & Liquor proper release, and The Cool, Lupe is totally out of Cole and Kendrick's league for the foreseeable future. Kendrick has a shot to get to Lupe's level, but Cole definitely doesn't.
 06-28-2013, 11:26 AM         #158
bigsyke19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh yeah i agree lupe got to be the best story teller out of all those....easy.
 4 years ago '12        #159
Just BizNis 63 heat pts63
space
space
$12,912 | Props total: 2045 2045
 TizOnly1 said:
I know this sh*t is all opinion... but some of y'all n*ggas said Kendrick or Cole are better storytellers than Lupe...

There ain't no opinion to that sh*t.. K. Dot and Cole are nowhere close to Lupe's level on storytelling...

Lupe may be the best storyteller in the history of rap. Rick, Nas.. n*ggas were nice with it but Lupe whole first two albums were one story. n*ggas just didn't understand Michael Young History, The Streets, The Game, etc.

"The Cool" (song), "The Die", "The Coolest" are RIDICULOUS stories.. you can throw "Put You On Game" in as a story song, even though it kind of isn't, just because it gives backstory to the character The Game, on the overall story of The Cool (album).. and Put You On Game is just one of the best written rap songs ever. There are several other songs in Lupe's catalog that add into the overall story he was telling over the course of different albums/tapes. To even mention Kendrick/Cole in the same sentence as Lupe, as a storyteller, just shows that either A) you didn't listen to Lupe like that or B) you just didn't get it.

I haven't even really listened to Lupe since The Cool, but off just FnF 1+2, the Food & Liquor leak, the Food & Liquor proper release, and The Cool, Lupe is totally out of Cole and Kendrick's league for the foreseeable future. Kendrick has a shot to get to Lupe's level, but Cole definitely doesn't.

Lupe is definitely a better storyteller than Kendrick and Cole. But Nasir?

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #160
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7569 7569
Nas is up there, no question... I think prime Lupe was better.

I fully understand that, to most people, Nas, Slick Rick, and Big too.. they'll always be seen as the best.. and I can't knock it. They're all great choices too. If a n*gga says Nas is the best storyteller, I'm not gonna argue with him. I'll say I think Lupe is better, but it's razor close to me, and just a matter of preference.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
196 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
10 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy