Lupe/J.Cole/Kendrick Lamar Who's the most skilled rapper?

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who's the most gifted MC out of...
Lupe Fiasco 172 56.77%
J. Cole 44 14.52%
Kendrick Lamar 87 28.71%
Voters: 303. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '10        #121
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,615 | Props total: 4365 4365
 Shawn James said:
This thread is just disrespectful to lupe honestly.. I'll chill tho
 azlan said:
Cole is not fu*king with KL & Lupe
 thegoldenhero said:
n*gga please
lyrically lupe and nas> jay
delivery lupe and jay> nas
flow ehhh.... we know jay has the best flow out of all three
 4 years ago '09        #122
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,208 | Props total: 19306 19306
 kiddrocay said:
lyrically lupe and nas> jay
delivery lupe and jay> nas
flow ehhh.... we know jay has the best flow out of all three
Nas and Jay have multiple classics and a deep discography Lupe been in the game for a minute and still only has one classic album and a classic mixtape...Lupe is easily one of the best rappers in this era and probably the best lyricist in this era but he isn't in Nas or Jay league i mean Lupe hasn't had a truly "Great" album since The Cool.
 4 years ago '10        #123
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 Shawn James said:
 azlan said:
 thegoldenhero said:
Nas and Jay have multiple classics and a deep discography Lupe been in the game for a minute and still only has one classic album and a classic mixtape...Lupe is easily one of the best rappers in this era and probably the best lyricist in this era but he isn't in Nas or Jay league i mean Lupe hasn't had a truly "Great" album since The Cool.
he has 2 classic mixtapes and 2 classic albums with a couple of classic songs off other stuff

you right though....only if he would have used his skills instead of going crazy and trying to be captian planet.....

but when it comes to rapping hes in their league.... his discography may not prove it though.....
 4 years ago '09        #124
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,208 | Props total: 19306 19306
 kiddrocay said:
he has 2 classic mixtapes and 2 classic albums with a couple of classic songs off other stuff

you right though....only if he would have used his skills instead of going crazy and trying to be captian planet.....

but when it comes to rapping hes in their league.... his discography may not prove it though.....
F&L and Revenge of the Nerds is Lupe only classics...and in order to be in Nas and Jay league you must have the talent as well as the body of work imo and imo Lupe doesn't have the body of work yet he definitely has the talent though but until he drops another truly great album then
 4 years ago '10        #125
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 Shawn James said:
 azlan said:
 thegoldenhero said:
F&L and Revenge of the Nerds is Lupe only classics...and in order to be in Nas and Jay league you must have the talent as well as the body of work imo and imo Lupe doesn't have the body of work yet he definitely has the talent though but until he drops another truly great album then
you dont think the truth is among us and the cool are classics?
 4 years ago '04        #126
Tic Toc 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,159 | Props total: 864 864
Lupe hands down off this song alone

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '07        #127
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
n*ggas really think j.cole that nice?
 4 years ago '05        #128
thecondogg 
space
space
$818 | Props total: 6 6
Lupes been around for a decade, why are u grouping him with two freshmen? Smh. Joke of a thread
 4 years ago '05        #129
thecondogg 
space
space
$818 | Props total: 6 6
 Fras1788 said:
Here's my main beef with J.Cole. I may have used the wrong word when i said "unbelievable" I just don't "feel it" ya know what I mean? I don't feel his passion, he's not convincing when he's spitting (to me) he seems very monotonous to me.

I'm going to continue to listen to his new stuff, because I still think he's better than 90+% of rappers today, and his newer stuff I"m feeling. I'm starting to feel like he is starting to believe in himself, and the fact that he produces is also a musical "turn on."

I really feel like Kendrick is the best right now. People say he fell off, but I disagree. He's learned how to create songs especially on his latest album. He has great charisma and is a believable MC that can change his flow up within milliseconds, and blow you away. I'm glad he finally got some airtime.

I think I forgot how good Lupe was, I just re-listened to some of his sh*t, "Hip Hop Saved My Life" is one of my all time favorites, and obviously his first album (and I personally think his 2nd album) ARE BOTH CLASSICS. I haven't listened to his most recent mixtape, but I definitely should...
J.cole fu*king succccks d!ck. I can rap better.
 4 years ago '09        #130
blacknacirema4 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,089 | Props total: 375 375
 TRILL SH1T said:

watch the lyrical break down of this is just

This has been my favorite Lupe song (off a mixtape) since 2006 and some of these lines im just getting. I actually was just able to put the whole story together. Say what you want about him and his sketchy political views but this man is the GREATEST.

4 years ago '11        #131
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,206 | Props total: 24673 24673
 Jacc Blacc said:
3 years ago i would say lupe, but mr walu time is up, he did more yip yapping outside the booth then inside the booth

kendrick lamar is the future IF he can stay consistent, theres always that sophmore slump......j.cole is nice but imo he dont have star appeal, then again, neiter dud lupe, right now everyone is rooting for kendrick
but thats the thing. Were talking about strictly in the booth. Bc just based off of rappin, lupe is clearly the best of the three.
 4 years ago '04        #132
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,750 | Props total: 1562 1562
 thegoldenhero said:
F&L and Revenge of the Nerds is Lupe only classics..
Disagree The Cool is def classic no question and I'm very hard-nosed when it comes to hip hop tradition n what Lupe has a very good looking catalog even Lasers is exceptional when you pair it against other albums that year.....

Lupe stable is deep he has a great body of work maybe not quite to jay and nas caliber quite yet but he's getting there......

what k!lls me is when people be like "Lupe was dope till he went all political" statements like these speak volumes to me of how complacent the hip hop community is with ignorance and and a sense of entitlement, you are mad at this mad because he chooses to speak on social issues?

and even in his super politcal state he's miles ahead that verse on poor decisions was beautiful....

"you only think the rhymes are sick if you never catch a thing"

n*ggas need to read those rhymes fareal

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

to say that he's fell off only further my belief that most rap fans dont really understand lyrics they just hear a whole bunch of smart sounding words in a quick cadence and take them for face value.....to sayCole & Kendrick is on Lupe's level is insulting and I'm a big fan of all three
 4 years ago '04        #133
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,119 | Props total: 4418 4418
They all intelligent. Lupes music I like the least. ..I couldn't listen to Lupe much. Ima go with Lamar then cole not much behind
 4 years ago '11        #134
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,206 | Props total: 24673 24673
 2godflow said:
They all intelligent. Lupes music I like the least. ..I couldn't listen to Lupe much. Ima go with Lamar then cole not much behind
I disagree with you but at not trying to sh*t on ppl you dont listen to.
 4 years ago '04        #135
jholla31 
space
space
$662 | Props total: 237 237
SoundTrakk is hella underrated in producers, lupe on his beats = instant classsics

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '12        #136
styxz 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,305 | Props total: 430 430
 jholla31 said:
SoundTrakk is hella underrated in producers, lupe on his beats = instant classsics

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #137
THaXcEpTiOnAL1 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,879 | Props total: 240 240
skill-kendrick
lyrics-lupe
flow-jcole
 4 years ago '07        #138
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,950 | Props total: 5854 5854
 burtbeezy said:
Lupe FIasco...and it aint even close.

"Bout my MONEY SHOT like West Coast Productions...."

How the fu*k I slept on this. Lupe the God!
 4 years ago '12        #139
DireWolf07 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,759 | Props total: 1007 1007
 thegoldenhero said:

The Cool is just as good as F&L.. If not, better.
 06-27-2013, 10:21 PM         #140
WavyCrockett 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lupe has NO classics, stop the lies in here Boxden
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
261 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
102 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
97 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
30 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago