Lupe/J.Cole/Kendrick Lamar Who's the most skilled rapper?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
57 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who's the most gifted MC out of...
Lupe Fiasco 172 56.77%
J. Cole 44 14.52%
Kendrick Lamar 87 28.71%
Voters: 303. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #101
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,762 | Props total: 6171 6171
 jfitz21 said:
Lupe is the GOAT lyricist...

"Cecil Rhodes sewed war and genocide into the countryside just to get his shine on / I fear what De Beers and his peers used to do before the world really knew just to get their mine on"

"If you ain't Million Dollar Dreaming then we opposites / In high school I was voted the most Ted DiBiase-est / Also the most slept on, cause my Ted DiBiase-ness"

"I'm just a wolf inside a lion's suit, a shark shirt, a panther's pants, piranha hat and tiger shoes / I got a lion's den inside the booth, that right there is point blank, this here is from where the snipers shoot"

Read that last one as "I'm just a wolf inside a linen suit, a sharp shirt, a pair of pants, put on your hat, and tie your shoes"... Dude was just insane lyrically.

And that's just his mixtape sh*t.
lol..and i like how lupe followed it up wit "Might take a long time to get it, by the time I hit it
I done ran Bubble Tape around them Chiclets, poof"

1 of my fav tracks from him very underrated
 4 years ago '07        #102
ototo7 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$844 | Props total: 1708 1708
if we're going off of right now im going with kendrick. yall forgot about when he was spitting that fire

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '08        #103
BrwnSkinHustler 1 heat pts
space
space
$135 | Props total: 20 20
Lupe mad it cool for dudes to rap like that..

My dude lupe made a world where slavery didnt exist in a verse...

The lupe for lupe is amazing. I'm glad everyone understands

I have no hate for cole, I think hes dope, and ive been riding with his since the come up, but he just doesnt have it. He's good enough, but as far as new school rappers go, and having to compete with kendrick, kendricks running laps around dude, atleast cole as producing to fall back on though..

Last edited by BrwnSkinHustler; 06-27-2013 at 02:17 AM..
 4 years ago '12        #104
Just BizNis 63 heat pts63
space
space
$12,912 | Props total: 2045 2045
 Fras1788 said:
Currently? Kendrick and its not even close.

Old Lupe>>>>> Kendrick

And for dude who ranked cole over lupe in charisma must be at least semi biased. No hate intended, but I find J cole boring. Ive tried listening to him and will continue to because im a fan of music. But his stories dont really connect with me because they lack charisma and believability. To me. Maybe that will change
Let Nas Down was unbelievable to you? Lost Ones? Sideline Story?

Just curious
 06-27-2013, 03:13 AM         #105
blafy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
old lupe > new lupe

SMH I dont see a new old lupe except with his dread locks, Lupe is a beast

Lupe
Cole
Kendrick
 4 years ago '05        #106
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,916 | Props total: 10778 10778
Lupe its not even close.
 06-27-2013, 03:44 AM         #107
Kon Vert 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lupe is/was the most skilled rapper, but as far as whose album I'd be checking for:

1. Kendrick
2. J Cole
3. Lupe

I used to love Lupe back when F&L was about to come out. Kendrick is one of my favourite rappers these days
 06-27-2013, 03:54 AM         #108
azlan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cole is not fu*king with KL & Lupe
 4 years ago '13        #109
theon3 6 heat pts
space
space
$2,779 | Props total: 508 508
Flow- Kendrick
Charisma- love watching interviews, kendrick and cole be way too chill kinda boring somtimes as well as Lupe so Idk
Lyrics- Lupe
Storytelling ability- Lu, hands down
Song structure- Give it to cole he need somethin lol
 4 years ago '06        #110
LGK 35 heat pts35
space
space
$6,666 | Props total: 1224 1224

[video - click to view]

yall forgot about my n*gga krit huh? lets just say he's an honorable mention.... his flow is is redic plus his story telling will take a nyc n*gga to the depths of mississippi

[video - click to view]

lupe by far excells (in his earlier work to me)

[video - click to view]

kendrick new in the game, but he's impressive because his breakthrough came faster than a lot of the rappers on today. what impresses me about kendrick is his ability to tell the story.... his flows are above average to me

[video - click to view]

i feel like cole is an enigma to the rap/hiphop game. when i say an enigma... he isnt too groundbreaking that he comes into top 5 of every fan, but he has enough of the right skills to be alive in the game. the story telling/flows are heavy in his mixtape... (sometimes the messages are a little overused, but so is 89% of most rappers main message) he, like krit, makes his own beats and has a gift for tailoring the song to his lvl of rapping..

its close, but ima go with my n*gga lupe. ask this question 4 years from now.
 4 years ago '10        #111
JStarr7 
space
space
$603 | Props total: 84 84
Umm Lupe is better than 99% of anybody rapping period...So...
 4 years ago '10        #112
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
$1,332 | Props total: 35 35
Lupe is up there with rap Gods of all time. k.dot best young rapper out. Cole is jack of all trades master of none
 06-27-2013, 08:01 AM         #113
Gplus1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If Lupe gets a haircut he'll probably be on top. But as of right now, Kendrick is in a whole different lane. A whole different level. He's not even playing the same game.
 4 years ago '12        #114
styxz 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,305 | Props total: 430 430
I though BX hated Lupe? It's good to see him with such support on here. Long read inc

OT:

Lupe is the most nuanced, subtle and generally versatile writer in rap history. That's not a dis to Nas, Rakim, GZA, Pun, Pac, or whoever else.

The man is exceptionally talented on the mic. On the strength of his writing alone I'd consider him top 10. Of course a rapper also needs flow and delivery and consistence and a host of other attributes. Lu's got these as well and all things considered I see no reason to deny him top 5 or even top 3

Yes this includes "new Lupe." I wonder if the heads out there are listing to his new stuff because it's as good as anything else he's put out. I mean seriously...

[video - click to view]

So, to answer the op Lupe. I won't say easily, but I will say he's def overall "better" than K.dot or Cole.

I do think both K.dot and Cole make better hooks tho (with Kendrick having a slight lead). Lupe's always struggled with hooks in general.

I'll also say Kendrick and Cole generally pick better beats, though Lupe's and Soundtrakk's synergy rivals Eric B and Rakim. Most of my favorite Lupe tracks are produced by Soundtrakk

While Kendrick is skilled at storytelling I do think Cole pulls ahead a bit. Lupe is in another league entirely. He's one of the few rappers that can build imaginary worlds and realities through his lyrics. See:

[video - click to view]

and this joint from a coupe months ago:

[video - click to view]

Cole is very far behind either Kendrick or Lupe in delivery and flow. In fact Kendrick and Lupe are damn close in this category.

Kendrick has a unique sound that is always familiar and often weird. But the dude is entertaining as eff to listen to imo. I think Lupe is more clean and refined than Kendrick here though. He's also easier to digest I think. I know a lot of people are turned off by Kendrick's... alternative style and vocal inflections (I disagree, but )

Charisma is a pretty abstract criteria. I tend to think of generally appeal and this factors pretty low on my list of what makes a rapper dope, mostly because it's so subjective. Some people really dig Kendrick's style and his look. Others think he's on some moist ish. Just like people don't like Lupe's dreds and think Cole is soft.

Not my opinions per se. Just saying, the pendulum swings either way there.

So yeah. Lupe got this imo. Kendrick is well on his way and Cole still seems to be finding himself.

Honestly I'd replace Cole for Ab-Soul Dude wrote one of the illest songs of 2012 and he's about on Kendrick's level in most of these categories, beating him out in many imo.

[video - click to view]

Off T: For real, yall sleepin on Lupe in 2013. His verse on

[video - click to view]

and this from a few weeks ago:

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #115
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 1555 1555
Lupe has been the best lyricist in the game for a minute even on his last two albums he's head and shoulders above the comp lyrically and concept wise....

Flow- Lupe>>>Kendrick>j.cole: punchline, mordplay,multi syllables, double time Lupe can do it all and unlike most rappers , switching from flow to flow is seamless to Lu and his lyrics don't suffer from it Kendrick is next in this far as mutlis and double time rapping lastly Cole he can use every flow but is strongest at wordplay while just being decent at everything else still he's not far behind k.dot

Charisma-k.dot=Cole=Lupe I think all these artist are about even in this category people would argue Kendrick is more fan appealing wise but the numbers tell a different story Lupe is the most successful out of the three in but he also has the most time in what separates the three the most in appeal is lyrical content Lupe def tackles the more political subjects and is made infamous as a result Cole and Kendrick speaks to a younger care free audience as they make more radio appealing songs adding to their charisma.......

Lyrics- Lupe>>>>>Cole=Kendrick NOT EVEN CLOSE whether we are talking about he Lupe of ole or even now he is still miles ahead of Kendrick and Cole in this regard his schemes and concepts are unmatched by nearly anyone at this point, next would be Cole he actually has a lot of depth in his lyricism even when he is rapping just to rap his understanding of wordplay is a throwback to the 90s you really can't knock that, k.dot isn't far behind although I think stand out in terms of how he says his bars over what he actually spit his lyricism is comendable though.

Song structure-Lupe>Cole>Kendrick I.gotta give this to Lupe simply due to how is able to take what he wants to say and make it still relatable he can take very serious topics and make bangers out of them.recently shown o. Songs like bi*ch bad and Lamborghini angles his understanding of how to build a song and his use of melodies is top notch in the game he just tackles the more polarizing subjects so he's not given his just due.

Cole and Kendrick are pretty even in this regard I like Cole's use half singing aswell Kendrick's they both have a more than adequate understanding of how to make radio music aswell core hip hop songs based of body of work I might say Cole edges Kendrick slightly do to quantity but that can be hard to discern from a distance they are that close.

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 06-27-2013 at 10:02 AM..
 4 years ago '06        #116
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,252 | Props total: 439 439
 purelogic said:

DEAD PREZ FREESTYLE

Lupe > and toss up between cole and ken

He can rap but he makes boring songs. I like lupe, but cole has more replay value vs lupe and ken.

They all can rap well.

[video - click to view]

Cole has the second best dead pres freestyle after only Lupe
 4 years ago '06        #117
burtbeezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$498 | Props total: 111 111
Lupe FIasco...and it aint even close.

[video - click to view]

"Bout my MONEY SHOT like West Coast Productions...."

4 years ago '10        #118
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,607 | Props total: 4360 4360
 Shawn James said:
This thread is just disrespectful to lupe honestly.. I'll chill tho
exactly

@ cole and kdot

lupe is the league of Nas, Jay-z, and cats like that

azlan said:
Cole is not fu*king with KL & Lupe
neither one of them is fu*king with Lupe, dont include kdot with lupe
 4 years ago '10        #119
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,607 | Props total: 4360 4360
 ballergenetics said:
NONE of em are fu*kin with Ja Rule...

[video - click to view]

when kdot or cole make a song as good as this then we will talk

but until then Murdah>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cole and kdot
 4 years ago '09        #120
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,205 | Props total: 19301 19301
 kiddrocay said:
exactly

@ cole and kdot

lupe is the league of Nas, Jay-z, and cats like that

neither one of them is fu*king with Lupe, dont include kdot with lupe
n*gga please
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
64 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago