Trinidad James Responds To J. Cole's Shots On 'Villuminati'

most viewed right now
Birdman - Respek 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥㈝..
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 50 Cent Goes In On Airport Employee "He High As A Motherfu-ker Right He..
190 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Shaq Walks Off Tnt Set After Views Meme
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Rookie mistake from Ezekiel Elliott: Don't sleep over
126 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '12        #1
9938 pageviews
73 comments

TheThreadLord 1775 heat pts1775
space
space
$7,779 | Props total: 146 146
Trinidad James Responds To J. Cole's Shots On 'Villuminati'

At the beginning of J. Cole's Born Sinner opener "Villuminati," the Roc Nation MC reminds us that sometimes he's real like 'Pac and proceeds to spit venom indiscriminately. He gets a bit controversial when referencing homos3xuals, raps about the disdain he had for Jay-Z in his younger years and sends a line toward Trinidad James.

The Atlanta newcomer hit it big last year after he dropped his super-catchy "All Gold Everything" single, but not everyone was a fan initially. "My pops was club hoppin' back when Rick James was out, and all I get is Trinidad James/ Wait a minute, that's strange," Cole rhymes, casting a shadow of doubt on Trinidad before he ultimately concludes: "If the hoes like it, I love it."

Rappers have been known to feud over less, but not James.

"He was just expressing himself," he told MTV News on Saturday backstage at Power 106's Powerhouse concert in Los Angeles. "Just in general if you really step back and listen to the song, he was just spittin' how he felt and I can't never be mad at somebody spittin' how they feel."

On Wednesday, Cole appeared on "RapFix Live" and talked to host Sway Calloway about the controversial track. While he didn't address the Trinidad line, he did speak about the irony of him being anti-Jay as a kid and then being signed to him years later.

"The 'Pac fan in me was riding, whoever he was riding against," Cole said, referencing Tupac's old beef with Hov. "I brought that up just to show the irony... it's funny how things go full circle."

visit this link Trinidad James Responds To J. Cole's Shots On 'Villuminati' - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com

top in section
29 comments
top in sports
top in section
14 comments
top in wild'ish
top in section
16 comments
top in news

3 years ago '13        #2
BHAMBOi293 48 heat pts48
space
space
$12,487 | Props total: 14 14
Lmao hahahah def jam holding Trinidad back!!!

3 years ago '13        #3
CrunchTime CDN 412 heat pts412
space
space
$8,510 | Props total: 297 297
it was just a play on words Rick James ,Trinidad James

06-25-2013, 01:39 PM         #4
loyola llothta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
These rap n*ggas fake a.ss fu-k

3 years ago '06        #5
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$21,329 | Props total: 571 571
j cole is that n***a. he wuz screamin "westide, outlaw, badboy k!llah" wit all the other pac fans round the world. lookin @ j.cole, u'd never think he wuz a makaveli trained soldier.

3 years ago '13        #6
space
space
 waytoomuch said:
j cole is that n***a. he wuz screamin "westide, outlaw, badboy k!llah" wit all the other pac fans round the world. lookin @ j.cole, u'd never think he wuz a makaveli trained soldier.
I tried to tell n*ggas

3 years ago '11        #7
ClippersLost 159 heat pts159
space
space
$29,730 | Props total: 500 500
I literally hated B.I.G. and Mobb Deep for years because of Pac I know exactly what Cole talking about lol.

Trinidad looks like a hoe tho, rap is way too P.C. now, no one can say sh*t cuz of politics now its all about social media and publicity stunts to sell records

3 years ago '05        #8
Suavebeatz 23 heat pts23
space
space
$6,901 | Props total: 784 784
pus*y n*gga, what kinda grown a.ss man don't have that inner competitor that makes you wanna sh*t on any opposition. If Pac heard a n*gga say his name a diss record would be out the same day. These new n*ggaz soft, ole im just happy to be here a.ss n*gga

you disgust me f*ggot

3 years ago '13        #9
space
space
 GameTheory said:
Thing is, Trinidad ACTUALLY has some fire verses and some legit a.ss songs.

Cole is hating on dude for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.

Funny though.
it wasn't hating for no reason he just used his name because it fit with what he was trying to say.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

06-26-2013, 04:20 PM         #10
WMYakballzWM 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hes softer than mac miller

3 years ago '11        #11
Tony Franks 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,950 | Props total: 163 163
 PotheadFocker said:
I literally hated B.I.G. and Mobb Deep for years because of Pac I know exactly what Cole talking about lol.

Trinidad looks like a hoe tho, rap is way too P.C. now, no one can say sh*t cuz of politics now its all about social media and publicity stunts to sell records
Dope azz avy.

06-26-2013, 04:57 PM         #12
purelogic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can someone explain to me how this is a diss from J. Cole?

3 years ago '07        #13
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$14,425 | Props total: 60 60
he responds he's sensitive he doesn't he's a bi*ch

3 years ago '04        #14
BobTheBuilder 
space
space
$3,883 | Props total: 14 14
im lost on the diss too cause to me he was just spittin just cause u sayin a nigas name dont mean you dissin unless u take the snoop dogg route n say fu*k easy e, or the common route, or the nas n jay route n*ggas be reachin

3 years ago '08        #15
mr.mdz 
space
space
space
$633 | Props total: 230 230
How the fu*k is it really that big of a diss?

It's more of a jab at the music industry rather than Trinidad James. He follows it up with the fact he acknowledges that Trinidad James makes music that girls love and that Cole shows that respect.

People reach too much. His name being similar is the reason he caught shots. It could've been any one of these young rappers that got it. Trinidad James played it off well.

3 years ago '06        #16
phatbat9 
space
space
space
$589 | Props total: 6 6
 Suavebeatz said:
pus*y n*gga, what kinda grown a.ss man don't have that inner competitor that makes you wanna sh*t on any opposition. If Pac heard a n*gga say his name a diss record would be out the same day. These new n*ggaz soft, ole im just happy to be here a.ss n*gga

you disgust me f*ggot
Or n*ggas just aint stressing no rap beef

3 years ago '12        #17
DSmith93 483 heat pts483
space
space
$14,472 | Props total: 586 586
 Suavebeatz said:

you disgust me f*ggot
what trindad james gon do my dude

like seriously u think cole threathen by this dude if he drop a track

james know he ain't got no business in the game but getting his bread and not tryna fuk it up by going at one of the best new mc in the game right now

its common sense man.

3 years ago '12        #18
DSmith93 483 heat pts483
space
space
$14,472 | Props total: 586 586
and its not a diss but it basically saying his pops had that good sh*t in the club w/ rick james playing in his pop era

but cole era don't got the same, so all he get in the club is trindad james record

u get it now

but if the hoes like it, i love it

n*gga n*gga n*gga

3 years ago '05        #19
JimDinO77 10 heat pts10
space
space
$19,691 | Props total: 277 277
Hip hop lost.... n*gga basically said homie ain't got bars.... Back in the 90s n*ggas would of jacked someone's beat, got on radio and spot something crazy

3 years ago '07        #20
MOTTAFOOKAH 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,354 | Props total: 89 89
Swear n*ggas have some type of comprehension problem now a days.. How the fu*k is this a diss?

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Apr 29 - The Smart Reason This Billionaire Wears All Black Everyday
111 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ahhhh Larry Wilmore kept it 100 to the end, calls Obama "my nigga"
135 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside How niggas down south pronounce numbers while counting
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne With the Chess Move. Petty level:100 :dead:
118 comments
23 hours ago