Kanye West give another Epic interview: "I am Axl Rose; I am Jim Morrison; I am Jimi Hendrix.”

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-24-2013, 10:15 AM         #1
12421 pageviews
126 comments

Houdini 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kanye West give another Epic interview: "I am Axl Rose; I am Jim Morrison; I am Jimi Hendrix.”

You got to read the enire interview, it's very long but a good read. visit this link Kanye West on his new album Yeezus and Kim Kardashian | People > Celebrities | W Magazine

Some excerpts from the interview.

On his decision to record in Paris: “In Paris, you’re as far as possible from the land of pleasant smiles,” West says. “You can just trip on inspiration—there are so many people here who dedicate their lives to excellence.”

The song “I Am A God” was inspired by an incident during Paris Fashion Week last fall: West was informed that he’d be invited to a widely anticipated runway show only on the condition that he agree not to attend any other shows. “So the next day I went to the studio with Daft Punk, and I wrote ‘I Am a God,’?” West says. “Cause it’s like, Yo! Nobody can tell me where I can and can’t go. Man, I’m the No. 1 living and breathing rock star. I am Axl Rose; I am Jim Morrison; I am Jimi Hendrix.” West is not smiling as he says this, and his voice is getting louder with each sentence. “You can’t say that you love music and then say that Kanye West can’t come to your show! To even think they could tell me where I could and couldn’t go is just ludicrous. It’s blasphemous—to rock ’n’ roll, and to music.”

Why he chose to title the song “I Am A God”: “I made that song because I am a god,” he says finally. He laughs for a second, then stops. “I don’t think there’s much more explanation. I’m not going to sit here and defend sh*t. That sh*t is rock ’n’ roll, man. That sh*t is rap music. I am a god. Now what?”

He’s aware of his narcissism: “On one end, I try to scale it back,” he says. “Because I don’t want to close any of the doors needed to create the best product possible. But my ego is my drug. My drug is, ‘I’m better than all you other motherfu*kers. Kiss my a.ss!’?”

On almost releasing his own s3x tape after it was on sale last fall to avoid being extorted: “For the most part, I’d rather people have one of those home videos than some of the paparazzi photos that get published,” he says. “At least I recorded the sh*t myself. That tape couldn’t have hurt me in any way if it came out—it could only have helped.” He finally decided against releasing it, but don’t be surprised if he changes his mind. “Now, I just do exactly what I want, whenever I want, how the fu*k I want,” West says. “ ‘fu*k you’ is my message.”

He’s not concerned with failure: He’s planning his return to fashion and has set up an atelier in Milan, but right now, he says, his priority is “absorbing as much as possible” and finding the best people in every field to work with. The idea of failure seems to serve not as a deterrent but as a stimulus. Whenever he tries something new, West observes, “people say, ‘Why do you want to destroy your name?’ But I don’t care about my name as much as I care about my ideas. I could do something completely wrong, and people could hate it, but then someone else could see it and do it completely right. And it’s a push forward for civilization.”

On W’s 2010 cover of a nud3 Kim Kardashian: “I loved the fact that it happened, that it disturbed people. I loved the fact that it put those curves right inside that Hamptons house, that there’s some Hamptons husbands who had to cover that up.”

On making appearances on the Kardashian shows: "Oh, that’s just all for love. It’s simply that."

On being rich: “I’m not a billionaire; I’m just a millionaire. But I’m the youngest guy I know who has this much interest in design and the ability to actually get some of it. So that makes me an important cog in the wheel.”

On design: “Furniture is my superobsession now. Furniture and pr0nography, still. The pr0n thing has never left since I was in high school.

On Watch the Throne, his 2011 collaboration with Jay-Z: “It was like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates talking at the same time. You know which one of us was Steve.”

On doing everything: “You know how they say, ‘Jack of all trades, master of none’? I want to be master of all. And not even to be a jack but a king. In fact, not even a king. An ace.”

On his new album, Yeezus: “This music is made to spark the visionaries to stand up for themselves and help the world. Because the world is fu*ked.”

On Christianity and Ralph Lauren: “I’m Christian in the same way that people have issues with certain elements of Christianity. It’s like if you go into a Ralph Lauren store, maybe that buyer didn’t do the exact buy that you want, but you still really like that brand.”

On being intimidated by celebrities: “Anyone who meets me for the first time and is not slightly nervous is completely full of sh*t. Because when I meet people I respect, I’m nervous. When I go have lunch with Tarantino at the Chateau Marmont, I’m nervous. It’s fu*king Tarantino!”

On his intellect: “Visiting my mind is like visiting the Hermès factory. sh*t is real. You’re not going to find a *****. It’s 100,000 percent Jimi Hendrix.”

On his imagination: “I live a pretty interesting life. But the life that I’m living is way less interesting than what I’m thinking.”

On the tattoo on his forearm of Madonna and Baby Jesus: “This is me and my mommy.”

On how seriously to take him: “You should only believe about 90 percent of what I say. As a matter of fact, don’t even believe anything that I’m saying at all. I could be completely fu*king with you, and the world, the entire time.”

On his style don’ts: “Even the greatest tattoo artists in the world have a few bad tattoos. And that’s Kanye West. A few of my past outfits—questionable, you know? But I’m testing. I’m discovering who I am.”

On his rock-star status: “Instead of using it to date as many supermodels as possible or to be as much of an as*hole at a restaurant as possible, I would rather use it to access great minds. To be able to go to Axel Vervoordt’s castle on the first day that I meet him.”

On the Grammys: At one point I ask West why awards shows—where his occasional losses have sparked several of his most memorable public tirades—matter so much to him. He has already won an astonishing 21 Grammys, more than any other rap artist, including his friend-collaborator-rival Jay-Z. His five solo albums have all gone platinum and been mainstays on critics’ best-of-the-year lists, and he’s considered by many to be the top producer in hip-hop, with an unequalled gift for discovering talent. Who cares about getting more Grammys? West glares at me. “I care,” he says. “I care about everything. Sometimes not giving a fu*k is caring the most.”

Kanye’s goal? “To make Kanye West as dope as possible.”

Last edited by Houdini; 06-24-2013 at 10:33 AM..

126 comments for "Kanye West give another Epic interview: "I am Axl Rose; I am Jim Morrison; I am Jimi Hendrix.”"

4 years ago '10        #2
trill jackson 737 heat pts737
space
space
$18,843 | Props total: 13207 13207
i wish somebody break his fu*king jaw again
 4 years ago '04        #3
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,387 | Props total: 6417 6417
 06-24-2013, 10:20 AM         #4
cheenz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He's Who??
[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '09        #5
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,135 | Props total: 7291 7291
He's better then all of them

Yeezus

Goat troll
 4 years ago '09        #6
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,135 | Props total: 7291 7291
Omg this interview is

s3x tape

On being serious

Still addicted to pr0n
 4 years ago '04        #7
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
My GOAT
 4 years ago '05        #8
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,237 | Props total: 9639 9639
 trill jackson said:
So he can spit Through The Wire once more.
[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '11        #9
Kid Cunner 400 heat pts400
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 2 2
 trill jackson said:
No reason to be this mad.
 4 years ago '07        #10
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,342 | Props total: 2053 2053
Can't stand this baby a.ss n*gga
 06-24-2013, 11:17 AM         #11
Francis 100  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ok Im telling ya straight up , nobody in you're black community Kanye listen to ya homo sh*t straight nobody bump 808's heartbreak straight fu*king nobody ! And Yeezus is for gay people I dont give a fu*k !
 4 years ago '04        #12
Krypt 3 heat pts
space
space
$8,318 | Props total: 266 266
 Houdini said:
“I made that song because I am a god,” he says finally. He laughs for a second, then stops.

[pic - click to view]

06-24-2013, 11:28 AM         #13
GOD999  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Francis 100 said:
Ok Im telling ya straight up , nobody in you're black community Kanye listen to ya homo sh*t straight nobody bump 808's heartbreak straight fu*king nobody ! And Yeezus is for gay people I dont give a fu*k !
I heard Black Skinhead being bumped in someone's whip in my hood this past friday. In the clubs as well. Try again.
 06-24-2013, 11:34 AM         #14
SystmOvrload  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WORD WE ALL 300 LIKE THE ROMANS.

Can this dude please walk into another stop sign? Maybe like 10 times until he can't rap anymore. That would be nice.
 4 years ago '10        #15
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 trill jackson said:

n*ggas be so sick
 06-24-2013, 12:02 PM         #16
brapkid55  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All the rappers wanna be rockstars these days
 4 years ago '12        #17
JonNYBlake 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,861 | Props total: 3410 3410
 Houdini said:
He’s aware of his narcissism: “On one end, I try to scale it back,” he says. “Because I don’t want to close any of the doors needed to create the best product possible. But my ego is my drug. My drug is, ‘I’m better than all you other motherfu*kers. Kiss my a.ss!”
 4 years ago '05        #18
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,299 | Props total: 5486 5486
Yeezus sh!ttin on errrbody in 2013

[pic - click to view]

06-24-2013, 01:02 PM         #19
corkscrew  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
God's little practical joke on me - as an intellect who doesn't like to read a lot - is like, I'll say some superphilosophical s***, but I'll say it the wrong way. I'll use the wrong word, so it goes from being really special to completely retarded."

I look forward to his interviews more than his albums these days. Dude is beyond.
 4 years ago '06        #20
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,612 | Props total: 8935 8935
yo is this interview on camera?? bcuz if not, then sum1 f**ked up bcuz it needs 2 b recorded. this interview sounds like it has 2 much epicness 2 not b on film
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
66 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy