Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
80 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '09        #61
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
 Kadillac87 said:
True. He also had to go up agains the Showtime Lakers and Hakeem the Dream to get those titles though.
not just him tho that entire Boston team teams play remember not just one player
 4 years ago '09        #62
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
 Tha Problum said:
Bird averaged 15/15/7 in the finals his 2nd year in the league, and at that time the torture chamber was getting less than 14 minutes a game. Let's move on from this foolishness.

[pic - click to view]

Kawhi 13/11/4 2nd year finals
 4 years ago '11        #63
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,557 | Props total: 9462 9462
 ScroogeMcDuck said:
You're right that Bird played in a faster era (The Celtics had about 101 Possesions a game compared to the 90 the Heat had) but Bird's rebounding percentage (which is pace-neutral) is higher than LeBron's. His shooting stats were a little better as well, which has nothing to do with pace.

Bron has about a 10% edge in a.ssist percentage, but he handles the ball a lot more than Bird did. Based on the few classic Celtics games I've seen, he never carried the ball up and ran the offense like Bron does. He was playing with an actual PG (DJ) not Mario Chalmers.

you're wasting your time arguing about these pace-neutral stats with these idiots who don't realize why Wilt and Russell's rebounding stats are completely overrated. Same with Wilt's 50 PPG season. He shot 50% against unathletic white guys that year he was just putting up 40 shots a game. Shaq shot 58% in his career.
To the first paragraph yeah I said bird was the better rebounder and even pointed out his total rebound % but that guy couldn't even grasp that, I was just saying it's closer in rebounding then it appears. Lebron gets out on the fast break most of the game instead of crashing the boards like larry did most of the time.

But yeah I have no idea how that guy couldn't grasp that concept he really said, "it doesn't matter if there is 1 million shots or 10"...

dre03 said:
That was after Bird's injuries you dumbass... Barkley came in the league in 84 around the same year Bird began having back issues...

Although i agree Bron is better defender... Your point is out of context
So he was only decent defensively for 4-5 years? My point still stands in a career context, bird was a poor defender for the majority of his career.

and I'm pretty sure he got the bad defender stigma because of his first few years in the league, and he steadily grew into a smarter defender who could play the passing lanes. So you are the dumbass.

Last edited by whothebestmc; 06-24-2013 at 04:17 PM..
 06-24-2013, 04:10 PM         #64
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's pretty much a wash. I seen a dude say LeBron was the modern Larry and I didn't really pay it no mind. But that's an accurate comparison in stats and accomplishments. But notice Larry did most of his damage by this age, so you can't just mark Bron down for much more because you never know what the future holds. But he's right there on the brink of passing Larry.

In my opinion Larry is beyond Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Kobe, and Russell for sure. So he's at best 6. But one could easily make the argument for Shaq, Duncan, Big O, Jerry West, Hakeem, and Wilt. So LeBron if he doesn't win anymore would be in the 6-12 range. A little more hardware and longevity he'll be top 5.

Got a LONG way to go to officially pass MJ though. If I had to bet I'd say he wouldn't.
 4 years ago '04        #65
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,450 | Props total: 1446 1446
yea...but larry bird only started half of those games
 4 years ago '04        #66
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
 whothebestmc said:
mchale didn't start getting high rebound numbers till 84-85 season before that he averaged under 7. But what exactly does that have to do with my point, my point was in general for the entire NBA teams and individual players alike, teams shot the ball so much more obviously more rebounds are there.

Here I'll give you the numbers:

In birds best rebounding season of 10.9 per game(he did it twice)

81-82: celtics shot the ball 7334 times at 49.9% shooting, their opponents shot the ball 7429 times at 47% shooting.

Lebrons best rebounding season at 8 per game this year

heat shot the ball 6348 times at 49.6%, their opponents shot the ball 6633 times at 44% shooting.

That is 1782 more shot attempts(22 a game); Celtics had 576 more rebounds than the heat(7 a game).

Bird is the better rebounder but it is inflated by the way the game was played in comparison to todays game. Like I said not just for rebounds, every stat was more available because of the pace.
good post, lotsa effort put into this... not just the usual made up facts and stats most people try n use here
 4 years ago '04        #67
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,598 | Props total: 369 369
when you put up numbers on a great team.. that says a lot.. when you put up numbers on a team with a bunch of so-so players then that tells a different story... Please stop with the Lebron to NBA great comparisons.
 4 years ago '08        #68
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,273 | Props total: 13643 13643
Dont even have to look at the #'s and i already know bron better
 4 years ago '05        #69
CMar22 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,673 | Props total: 715 715
LBJ is obviously better then Larry Bird. That's not the argument. The argument is for there era both players effected the game almost identically. Larry was as great as LBJ in his day. Except Bird wasn't a
[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '08        #70
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
people with short memories tend to forget about the greats. larry bird put up the same numbers (with mad injuries in the later parts of his career, 89-89 included) but is overlooked by the young who have little to no recolation of what proceeded them. we're in the endorsement and multi-media age so lebron is playing at the right time. bird was every bit as great but had far less exposure. fact of the matter is, basketball was dead before the bird/magic & laker/celtic rivalry and these rivalries literally gave the nba cpr and turned it into the very business lebron is thriving in. lebron is k!lling it, no doubt and he deserves the credit he is receiving. but for those of you young n*ggas riding the d!ck need to understand that what lebron is doing now has been done before.
 06-24-2013, 07:17 PM         #71
jimflu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Look at the thick glorious blonde lochs

[pic - click to view]

vs

[pic - click to view]

Even if lebron had 5 more ships larry >>>
 4 years ago '04        #72
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,683 | Props total: 11339 11339
 jimflu said:
Look at the thick glorious blonde lochs

[pic - click to view]

vs

[pic - click to view]

Even if lebron had 5 more ships larry >>>
this is who we are dealing with.

they play themselves.
 4 years ago '08        #73
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
akeem (as he was known at the time)/sampson led rockets
magic/kareem/cooper/worthy led lakers
thomas/dumars/rodman/dantley led pistons
malone/erving/cheeks led sixers
dantley/d. harper/aguirre/blackman led mavs
price/daugherty/harper led cavs
and then the almighty michael jordan led bulls.....

those were some very good and legendary teams. i "believe" lebron would have balled in this era but the competition the two faced cant be compared as bird undoubtedly faced far stiffer comp.
 4 years ago '11        #74
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
Larry made his team better, while LeBron went and ran to a team of young stars. fu*k stats it's about who makes you watch and how you ride out for your team. And tho it pains me to say it whitey has the slight edge for now yell
 4 years ago '07        #75
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
 whothebestmc said:
bird was not a much better team defender what the fu*k, sh*t isn't even close defensively...

"As long as Bird is around I will only be the second-worst defensive player in basketball" - charles barkley

You clowns don't know the difference between team defense and one on one defense.
 4 years ago '07        #76
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
 arthurmack27 said:
people with short memories tend to forget about the greats. larry bird put up the same numbers (with mad injuries in the later parts of his career, 89-89 included) but is overlooked by the young who have little to no recolation of what proceeded them. we're in the endorsement and multi-media age so lebron is playing at the right time. bird was every bit as great but had far less exposure. fact of the matter is, basketball was dead before the bird/magic & laker/celtic rivalry and these rivalries literally gave the nba cpr and turned it into the very business lebron is thriving in. lebron is k!lling it, no doubt and he deserves the credit he is receiving. but for those of you young n*ggas riding the d!ck need to understand that what lebron is doing now has been done before.
Only reason why basketball was dead in the 70s was because all the flashy, highlight type players, and most talented basketball stars played in the ABA. If the merger would have happened in the early 70s, people wouldnt have been saying this sh*t.
 4 years ago '07        #77
varun313 
space
space
space
$3,354 | Props total: 1084 1084
 Kadillac87 said:
You never know what's going to happen. He could get a bad back like Bird
lol lebron is never injured though.......like never
 06-24-2013, 11:13 PM         #78
hardinthepai35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wait...I thought Lebron was supposed to get compared to Jordan? What if they play 1 on 1? who would win?
 4 years ago '11        #79
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,557 | Props total: 9462 9462
 MiseryCityTexas said:
You clowns don't know the difference between team defense and one on one defense.
team defense is lebrons specialty on that side of the ball... larry was a weak defender like magic, but his team was a great defense so it masked that. He was guarding the easier to defend players while maxwell/mchale were guarding the best players, so he was able to play the passing lanes and get steals. Still not close defensively.

Not to mention "team defense" is hardly comparable from the two eras since bird played in a league where defense was mainly man to man and he was bad/average at that.

Last edited by whothebestmc; 06-24-2013 at 11:45 PM..
 06-25-2013, 01:01 AM         #80
jimflu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 skillahmang said:
this is who we are dealing with.

they play themselves.

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now