LeBron James Vs Larry Bird After 10 Years In The League

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
141 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
36 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '11        #41
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,556 | Props total: 9458 9458
 micseles said:
Rebounds are rebounds. You can throw out team stats all you want. You still go get the ball when it comes off the rim. So what the ball goes up a thousand less times, that means a player still cant get 10 a game

Logic is flawed. Bottom line is Bird shouldve never been getting anywhere near 10+ a game given his lack of athleticism and injuries. He did what he had to do.
God you are dense... how can you not grasp basic math? More shots= more rebounds to be had.

Like are Tom Gola, Tom Meschery, and Guy Rodgers(probably don't know who any of them are) better rebounders than lebron to you because they grabbed more rebounds? Do you take everything at face value like an idiot?

Guess the 4500+ extra shots, bad shooting, and the 2773 extra team rebounds mean nothing when comparing rebounds amiright?

Larry was the better rebounder by not by much at all, lebron total rebounding % was 13.1% this year larrys was around 15-16% his best years.

Last edited by whothebestmc; 06-24-2013 at 12:31 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #42
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,914 | Props total: 634 634
 Kadillac87 said:
Guarding position 1-5 is overrated when there's only 3 positions in today's game. No centers and every PG wants to be a SG. If LeBron was out there guarding Shaq and Hakeem then you can say he can guard every position. Why so defensive though? No pun intended

thats really a bullsh*t point. not only did you over generalize, that doesnt take away from that fact that you can play lebron on almost anyone who is near his size and under. the league is top to bottom WAY more athletic than it was when bird was playin, and for bron to be the type of defender he is the kid is remarkable. and he gets put on quality guards and big guys. no he wont be able to shut the elite players out all the time at every part of a game, no one can do that, but when you can put him on the teams catalyst player, like rose or parker, and reasonable expect to slow those players, that sh*t is damn near unheard of for a player of his calibur. this n*gga has to do that, and STILL protect the damn rim too. bird didnt have to do that sh*t
 06-24-2013, 01:15 AM         #43
antoniob321 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Been telling these idiots that Larry Legend >>>>

I always got heat for it to.
 4 years ago '05        #44
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,759 | Props total: 4243 4243
 whothebestmc said:
God you are dense... how can you not grasp basic math? More shots= more rebounds to be had.

Like are Tom Gola, Tom Meschery, and Guy Rodgers(probably don't know who any of them are) better rebounders than lebron to you because they grabbed more rebounds? Do you take everything at face value like an idiot?

Guess the 4500+ extra shots, bad shooting, and the 2773 extra team rebounds mean nothing when comparing rebounds amiright?

Larry was the better rebounder by not by much at all, lebron total rebounding % was 13.1% this year larrys was around 15-16% his best years.

good lord people get so angry on this forum

Do you play basketball. Im telling you rebounding is all about how much you want the ball. If those folk average more boards than lebron then yes their better rebounders lol! Doesnt matter if the rock goes up 1 million or 10 times you still have to go get it, any coach will tell you that. If there were only ten missed shots per year i gurantee Rodman woulda had 8 of them at the least

Keep throwing numbers out there and getting more and more frustrated, hell start throwing more obscure names out there doesnt matter.

I watched Bird play, same as im watching bron now. Larry always put himself in position to Rebound and start breaks with outlets, Lebron rebounds but mostly looks to be the person who receives the outlet. He probably could averge 10 a game if he was in the trenches like Bird he just doesnt do it. Has nothing to do with the amount of shots and misses.

Get off the stat sheets and watch the games or go outside and play yourself, you'll pick up on these things.
 06-24-2013, 01:18 AM         #45
antoniob321 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jplaydadon said:
thats really a bullsh*t point. not only did you over generalize, that doesnt take away from that fact that you can play lebron on almost anyone who is near his size and under. the league is top to bottom WAY more athletic than it was when bird was playin, and for bron to be the type of defender he is the kid is remarkable.
AAAAAHHNNNN

I'ma have to stop you right here.

The game might be more athletic today, but them n*ggas soft as charmin. Back in the 80's them n*ggas were tough a rugged. AND you are overrating lebrons defense bro, he is average at best, ain't nothing remarkable about his defense.
 4 years ago '11        #46
space
space
 micseles said:
good lord people get so angry on this forum

Do you play basketball. Im telling you rebounding is all about how much you want the ball. If those folk average more boards than lebron then yes their better rebounders lol! Doesnt matter if the rock goes up 1 million or 10 times you still have to go get it, any coach will tell you that. If there were only ten missed shots per year i gurantee Rodman woulda had 8 of them at the least

Keep throwing numbers out there and getting more and more frustrated, hell start throwing more obscure names out there doesnt matter.

I watched Bird play, same as im watching bron now. Larry always put himself in position to Rebound and start breaks with outlets, Lebron rebounds but mostly looks to be the person who receives the outlet. He probably could averge 10 a game if he was in the trenches like Bird he just doesnt do it. Has nothing to do with the amount of shots and misses.

Get off the stat sheets and watch the games or go outside and play yourself, you'll pick up on these things.
I'm not mad, you are just an idiot lol no point continuing this further after you say something dumb like "Doesnt matter if the rock goes up 1 million or 10 times you still have to go get it". That might be one of the dumbest things I have read on this website you should feel proud.
 4 years ago '05        #47
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
I love how people think it's unfair to compare Wilts numbers to modern times but yet they're fine with comparing modern numbers to the 80s
 4 years ago '05        #48
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,759 | Props total: 4243 4243
 whothebestmc said:
I'm not mad, you are just an idiot lol no point continuing this further after you say something dumb like "Doesnt matter if the rock goes up 1 million or 10 times you still have to go get it". That might be one of the dumbest things I have read on this website you should feel proud.
 4 years ago '11        #49
space
space
 micseles said:

if you get 11 rebounds on 4000 misses and I get 10 rebounds on 10 misses you are the better rebounder...

just k!ll yourself.
 4 years ago '07        #50
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
bron the goat

n*gga aint even fu*kin wit larry legend yet
 4 years ago '07        #51
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
 micseles said:
Been telling people the career comparisons for Lebron are closer to Larry and Magic than Jordan. I still say at this point, Larry is still GREATER than Lebron and whether Lebron is better is debatable. Keep in mind Larry retired avging 25 and 10 with comparible a.ssist numbers I believe. At this rate Lebron will probably retire averaging more points than Bird (Maybe) no where near the 10 rebounds and about the same amount of a.ssist.

Food for thought.
Agreed, and idiots on Boxden said that Allen Iverson in his prime was a much better player than Larry Bird.
 4 years ago '07        #52
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
 jplaydadon said:
bird was never asked to guard positions one through five like lebron and was not the versatile defender he was. dont even try it. bird was never a first teamer on defense and had a HELL of a front line backing him up and arguably the best defensive frontcourt (PF and C) in the league (them and maybe the rockets). he didnt have the athletic capability to do the sh*t bron does. but there really isnt much besides shooting that bird can definitively do better. and sh*t, bron is a better scorer than him anyway
Bird is a much better team defender, and a much better rebounder and a much better shooter than Lebron though.
 4 years ago '11        #53
space
space
 MiseryCityTexas said:
Bird is a much better team defender, and a much better rebounder and a much better shooter than Lebron though.
bird was not a much better team defender what the fu*k, sh*t isn't even close defensively...

"As long as Bird is around I will only be the second-worst defensive player in basketball" - charles barkley

Last edited by whothebestmc; 06-24-2013 at 03:09 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #54
IceMan 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,407 | Props total: 1 1

Nice thread OP...I been saying Larry > Lebron
 4 years ago '12        #55
ScroogeMcDuck 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,937 | Props total: 26 26
 whothebestmc said:
Oh I know he played tougher competition just saying he got drafted by a storied franchise.

As far as rebounding goes, obviously bird will have the edge there because the NBA was at a faster overall pace, there was a thousand+ shot attempts being put up yearly for each team compared to now, which means more rebounding/points/assists/blocks/steals
You're right that Bird played in a faster era (The Celtics had about 101 Possesions a game compared to the 90 the Heat had) but Bird's rebounding percentage (which is pace-neutral) is higher than LeBron's. His shooting stats were a little better as well, which has nothing to do with pace.

Bron has about a 10% edge in a.ssist percentage, but he handles the ball a lot more than Bird did. Based on the few classic Celtics games I've seen, he never carried the ball up and ran the offense like Bron does. He was playing with an actual PG (DJ) not Mario Chalmers.

you're wasting your time arguing about these pace-neutral stats with these idiots who don't realize why Wilt and Russell's rebounding stats are completely overrated. Same with Wilt's 50 PPG season. He shot 50% against unathletic white guys that year he was just putting up 40 shots a game. Shaq shot 58% in his career.

Last edited by ScroogeMcDuck; 06-24-2013 at 09:24 AM..
 4 years ago '11        #56
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225 OP
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 Birdman said:
How come bird doesn't have any all team defense selections?

Bron was guarding Duncan and tony Parker in the same series
He has 3 second team All-Defense selections. He started getting them when he moed from PF to SF

06-24-2013, 09:23 AM         #57
Tha Problum 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bird averaged 15/15/7 in the finals his 2nd year in the league, and at that time the torture chamber was getting less than 14 minutes a game. Let's move on from this foolishness.

[pic - click to view]

06-24-2013, 09:48 AM         #58
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #59
dre03 
space
space
$10,167 | Props total: 2448 2448
 whothebestmc said:
bird was not a much better team defender what the fu*k, sh*t isn't even close defensively...

"As long as Bird is around I will only be the second-worst defensive player in basketball" - charles barkley

That was after Bird's injuries you dumbass... Barkley came in the league in 84 around the same year Bird began having back issues...

Although i agree Bron is better defender... Your point is out of context
 4 years ago '05        #60
tokinjohn 2289 heat pts2289
space
space
$11,848 | Props total: 52105 52105
Larry is more clutch than Lebron
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
163 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy