LeBron James Vs Larry Bird After 10 Years In The League

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
100 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
269 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
74 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #21
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,752 | Props total: 11537 11537

[pic - click to view]

the bum never had the will power to carry his team to a repeat.
 4 years ago '13        #22
Lucky Lucas 47 heat pts47
space
space
space
$15,398 | Props total: 5776 5776
 Kadillac87 said:
Larry first game in the league was at 22.
Oh I always thought he was 24, but thats still a 4 year difference.

He was still 23 in December on his rookie year lol, james was 18 at that point (he turned 19 late on that month). Thats still a pretty big difference.

wait i ddint even see who made this thread, your dumb a.ss knows exactly what your doing

Last edited by Lucky Lucas; 06-23-2013 at 08:04 PM..
 4 years ago '11        #23
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,569 | Props total: 9489 9489
 Kadillac87 said:
True. He also had to go up agains the Showtime Lakers and Hakeem the Dream to get those titles though.
Oh I know he played tougher competition just saying he got drafted by a storied franchise.

As far as rebounding goes, obviously bird will have the edge there because the NBA was at a faster overall pace, there was a thousand+ shot attempts being put up yearly for each team compared to now, which means more rebounding/points/assists/blocks/steals
 4 years ago '05        #24
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,782 | Props total: 4275 4275
 whothebestmc said:
Oh I know he played tougher competition just saying he got drafted by a storied franchise.

As far as rebounding goes, obviously bird will have the edge there because the NBA was at a faster overall pace, there was a thousand+ shot attempts being put up yearly for each team compared to now, which means more rebounding/points/assists/blocks/steals
Not really, he had two well known glass eaters on the same front line as him (Parish and Mchale) the fact that he finished his career averaging almost 11 rebounds a game (without knees and a functional back for the last part of it) is absolutely amazing!
 4 years ago '11        #25
space
space
 micseles said:
Not really, he had two well known glass eaters on the same front line as him (Parish and Mchale) the fact that he finished his career averaging almost 11 rebounds a game (without knees and a functional back for the last part of it) is absolutely amazing!
mchale didn't start getting high rebound numbers till 84-85 season before that he averaged under 7. But what exactly does that have to do with my point, my point was in general for the entire NBA teams and individual players alike, teams shot the ball so much more obviously more rebounds are there.

Here I'll give you the numbers:

In birds best rebounding season of 10.9 per game(he did it twice)

81-82: celtics shot the ball 7334 times at 49.9% shooting, their opponents shot the ball 7429 times at 47% shooting.

Lebrons best rebounding season at 8 per game this year

heat shot the ball 6348 times at 49.6%, their opponents shot the ball 6633 times at 44% shooting.

That is 1782 more shot attempts(22 a game); Celtics had 576 more rebounds than the heat(7 a game).

Bird is the better rebounder but it is inflated by the way the game was played in comparison to todays game. Like I said not just for rebounds, every stat was more available because of the pace.
 4 years ago '09        #26
GREAT1NE 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,650 | Props total: 637 637
 whothebestmc said:
mchale didn't start getting high rebound numbers till 84-85 season before that he averaged under 7. But what exactly does that have to do with my point, my point was in general for the entire NBA teams and individual players alike, teams shot the ball so much more obviously more rebounds are there.

81-82: celtics shot the ball 7334 times at 49.9% shooting, their opponents shot the ball 7429 times at 47% shooting.

heat shot the ball 6348 times at 49.6%, their opponents shot the ball 6633 times at 44% shooting.

That is 1782 more shot attempts(22 a game); Celtics had 576 more rebounds than the heat(7 a game).

Bird is the better rebounder but it is inflated by the way the game was played in comparison to todays game. Like I said not just for rebounds, every stat was more available because of the pace.

I always bring this up when people compare todays game (with stats) to yesterdays game (with stats). So much of the game was 1 on 1 defense with bad shooters playing fast.
 4 years ago '08        #27
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
Larry Bird >>>>
 4 years ago '08        #28
JCyclops 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,137 | Props total: 2863 2863
 Lucky Lucas said:

And the fact that I'm the first person to point out the 6 year age difference in those 10 years just shows how stupid this section is.

n*ggas on this site are fu*king retarded
n*ggas on here compare Bron at age 28 to MJ at age 28 as if MJ never stepped foot on campus at Chapel Hill and Bron didn't make the jump straight from high school. Happens daily too

It is what it is though
 06-23-2013, 10:41 PM         #29
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 whothebestmc said:
Larry had the benefit of playing with a much better team that being said it's a toss up after 10

Larry is top 5 all time though.
That doesn't affect the individual stats tho.
 4 years ago '11        #30
space
space
 Lex Lossis said:
That doesn't affect the individual stats tho.
The OP wasn't just about individual accomplishments. He has finals mvps and championships those are the benefit larry had that I was talking about.
 4 years ago '05        #31
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,782 | Props total: 4275 4275
 whothebestmc said:

Rebounds are rebounds. You can throw out team stats all you want. You still go get the ball when it comes off the rim. So what the ball goes up a thousand less times, that means a player still cant get 10 a game

Logic is flawed. Bottom line is Bird shouldve never been getting anywhere near 10+ a game given his lack of athleticism and injuries. He did what he had to do.
 4 years ago '13        #32
Impeccable 210 heat pts210
space
space
$14,869 | Props total: 1228 1228
Bron's accomplishments make this debatable.
Larry Bird tho>>>
 4 years ago '05        #33
Die-Nasty 40 heat pts40
space
space
$2,258 | Props total: 972 972
Another Lebron vs. 80's/90's Top Tier Player thread
 4 years ago '10        #34
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,974 | Props total: 1798 1798
love larry but that 80's competition isn't what it is now.
 4 years ago '04        #35
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,918 | Props total: 635 635
and lemme guess, slow footed, illegal defense playing a.ss larry bird was stopping the other teams' best and most dangerous players too right...? fu*k outta here, bron is the best player at his position EVER.
 4 years ago '11        #36
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225 OP
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 jplaydadon said:
and lemme guess, slow footed, illegal defense playing a.ss larry bird was stopping the other teams' best and most dangerous players too right...? fu*k outta here, bron is the best player at his position EVER.
According to advanced stats, Bird had a higher defensive win share than LeBron

4 years ago '04        #37
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,918 | Props total: 635 635
 Kadillac87 said:
According to advanced stats, Bird had a higher defensive win share than LeBron

bird was never asked to guard positions one through five like lebron and was not the versatile defender he was. dont even try it. bird was never a first teamer on defense and had a HELL of a front line backing him up and arguably the best defensive frontcourt (PF and C) in the league (them and maybe the rockets). he didnt have the athletic capability to do the sh*t bron does. but there really isnt much besides shooting that bird can definitively do better. and sh*t, bron is a better scorer than him anyway
 4 years ago '11        #38
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225 OP
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 jplaydadon said:
bird was never asked to guard positions one through five like lebron and was not the versatile defender he was. dont even try it. bird was never a first teamer on defense and had a HELL of a front line backing him up and arguably the best defensive frontcourt (PF and C) in the league (them and maybe the rockets). he didnt have the athletic capability to do the sh*t bron does. but there really isnt much besides shooting that bird can definitively do better. and sh*t, bron is a better scorer than him anyway
Guarding position 1-5 is overrated when there's only 3 positions in today's game. No centers and every PG wants to be a SG. If LeBron was out there guarding Shaq and Hakeem then you can say he can guard every position. Why so defensive though? No pun intended

4 years ago '04        #39
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,752 | Props total: 11537 11537

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '11        #40
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Bron not even the best SF of all time time
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
115 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
124 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy