LeBron vs Jordan: Timeline comparison graphic (pic)

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
54 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
83 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
116 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #201
Panopticon 42 heat pts42
space
space
$23,925 | Props total: 11287 11287
 Hardkore said:
pippen ended up on the bulls through the NBA draft.. not through free agency or a trade.
So you think they should do away with trades and free agency?

I just don't get this argument otherwise. I don't get how it makes a difference how two teammates got on the same team as long as it was league-sanctioned.
 4 years ago '05        #202
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,736 | Props total: 1878 1878
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Another Bron stan doing the age/age comparison to avoid the season-by-season comparison:

Jordan after his first 8 seasons: 6 Scoring Titles, 3 MVP's, 2 Championships, 2 Finals MVP's, 1 DPOY, 7 All-NBA, 5 All-Defense, 8 All-Star Appearances

LeBron after his first 8 seasons: 1 Scoring Title, 2 MVP's, 0 Championships, 0 Finals MVP's, 0 DPOY, 7 All-NBA, 3 All-Defense, 7 All-Star Appearances

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Jordan produces the best GIFs..

GOAT in ball and GIFs too
 4 years ago '05        #203
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
Kobe Lost.
 4 years ago '07        #204
JordanWest86 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,841 | Props total: 2107 2107
 missing linX said:
I like LeBron. He's the best player in the NBA and one of the best players I've seen. But the biggest reason he shouldn't be compared to Jordan so much is the fact that he left for another team to play with a few other superstars in Wade and Bosh. Jordan never did that. I think that's the biggest difference. And it's a bigger deal than people think. Not to say they aren't legitimate championships, but you see what I'm saying. I know people mention this sometimes, but it's the truth. Jordan worked with what he had and LeBron chose to leave the Cavs and not do that.
This is such a stupid argument for a thousand reasons but heres a few.

1) This is a different time and a different league. Free Agency is part of the equation. Theres super teams now, superstars are getting together so they can compete for championships. You can keep reminiscing about how things used to be or you can adapt to the situation. This aint the 90's playa.

2) Did you see the roster that Lebron played with in Cleveland? How can you even compare that to the Bulls? MJ played with a total of 5 NBA All stars when that wasnt a normal thing. He left, and those teams won 55 games. Lebron left and his team won 19 games. I just dont know how you cant understand that. Jordan didnt do what Lebron did because Jordan didnt have to do that to win championships. If you think Jordan would've won with Cleveland's roster in THIS ERA, you're just crazy.
 06-25-2013, 10:17 AM         #205
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Another Bron stan doing the age/age comparison to avoid the season-by-season comparison:

Jordan after his first 8 seasons: 6 Scoring Titles, 3 MVP's, 2 Championships, 2 Finals MVP's, 1 DPOY, 7 All-NBA, 5 All-Defense, 8 All-Star Appearances

LeBron after his first 8 seasons: 1 Scoring Title, 2 MVP's, 0 Championships, 0 Finals MVP's, 0 DPOY, 7 All-NBA, 3 All-Defense, 7 All-Star Appearances

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Zipped up in plastic, when it happens, that's it...

Close Thread
 4 years ago '11        #206
nyc 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,185 | Props total: 3482 3482
jordan made his team what it was.

the same cant be said for lebron.

and jordan had to play against much better players.

4 years ago '05        #207
Panopticon 42 heat pts42
space
space
$23,925 | Props total: 11287 11287
 nyc said:

How did Pippen get on the Bulls team?
 4 years ago '05        #208
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,103 | Props total: 4235 4235
 missing linX said:
I like LeBron. He's the best player in the NBA and one of the best players I've seen. But the biggest reason he shouldn't be compared to Jordan so much is the fact that he left for another team to play with a few other superstars in Wade and Bosh. Jordan never did that. I think that's the biggest difference. And it's a bigger deal than people think. Not to say they aren't legitimate championships, but you see what I'm saying. I know people mention this sometimes, but it's the truth. Jordan worked with what he had and LeBron chose to leave the Cavs and not do that.
Cavs had 8 years to get some talent in and couldn't do it..... The bulls were lethal in 3 years of Jordan getting drafted then pippen.... Imagine if the cavs drafted lemarcus Aldridge, rondo, Brandon Roy, or Rudy gay? Lebron would of stayed put.... Name a future hall of famer on that cavs team, booby Gibson?
 4 years ago '04        #209
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,458 | Props total: 13154 13154
Leaving the Wizards out huh?

4 years ago '07        #210
N.O.4Life 45 heat pts45
space
space
$19,639 | Props total: 10703 10703
 ChiCity Fingaz said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

n*ggas think lechoke is better than mj fu*k the stats the eye test any n*gga over 27 cant seriously think LeBron is better than mj in no way shape or form.

young n*ggas
 4 years ago '04        #211
dre03 
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 2452 2452
 JordanWest86 said:
This is such a stupid argument for a thousand reasons but heres a few.

1) This is a different time and a different league. Free Agency is part of the equation. Theres super teams now, superstars are getting together so they can compete for championships. You can keep reminiscing about how things used to be or you can adapt to the situation. This aint the 90's playa.

2) Did you see the roster that Lebron played with in Cleveland? How can you even compare that to the Bulls? MJ played with a total of 5 NBA All stars when that wasnt a normal thing. He left, and those teams won 55 games. Lebron left and his team won 19 games. I just dont know how you cant understand that. Jordan didnt do what Lebron did because Jordan didnt have to do that to win championships. If you think Jordan would've won with Cleveland's roster in THIS ERA, you're just crazy.

Superteams now???

So Bird, Mchale, Parrish, Johnson wasn''t a superteam??? That's 4 hall of famers on one team

Magic, Kareem, Worthy and the Showtime Lakers weren't a superteam??? 3 Hof'ers and 2 NBA MVP's... They even had a hall of famer coming off the bench in Mcadoo and a perennial DPOY in Michael Cooper

The Pistons with Thomas, Dumars, Dantley, Rodman, Laimbeer and Aguirre... 4 Hof'ers and 6 fu*king all stars... On one team...

The 76ers with Malone, Barkley, Dr J and Cheeks... 3 Hof'ers and 5 all-stars

The Trailblazers with Clyde, Porter, Robinson and Duckworth... 1 Hof'er and 5 all-stars on that team... Honorable mention to Jerome Kersey who was also a great player

The Cavaliers with Daughtery, Price and Nance... 3 all-stars with honorable mention to Ron Harper who would have been an all-star and maybe a great player if not due to his injuries... The year Jordan hit the shot over Ehlo they almost had three 20 ppg scorers and had the 2nd best record in the NBA...

There have always been superteams... The difference is back in the 80's and 90's the league was full of great teams with alot of great players because there were not as many teams as it is nowadays... You had the world's top 260 players playing against one another...

Imagine if you only had 23-26 teams again nowadays... Get rid of the Kings, Timberwolves, Hornets, Magic, Cavaliers, Raptors and Wizards... You would have to find new teams for Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving, John Wall, Anthony Davis, Cousins, Rubio, Gordon, Beal, Nene, Gay, Bargnani, Deroazan, Tyreke Evans, Isiah Thomas, Waiters, Varejao and etc... You can see how easily you can form superteams with less teams... And why the NBA was so competitive back in the day compared to now...

Nowadays you literally have teams with not one all-star... You didn't see that back then every team had an all-star... This year alone I know of 6 teams without all-stars (previous or current) actively playing on the team... Bucks, Pistons, Bobcats, Hornets, Wizards and Raptors... You can double check that but I am pretty sure and it could be more...

And for the Cleveland comment... History says Jordan has never lost a playoff series when his team played a lower seed... Cleveland was the #1 seed twice... So if history remains true Jordan would have won with a #1 seed team... If he was good enough to get them to the best record in the league there should be no reason he can't win a ring with a team that won 61 games... Or at least get past the 2nd round with a 60 win team...

If you insert Jordan at 26 years old Jordan averaged 37 ppg, 7 rpg, 7apg and 3 spg on 51% in the playoffs... Lebron that same year at 26 years old was 30 ppg, 9rpg and 7apg and 2pg on 50% shooting... If Lebron had put up Jordan type numbers that year Cleveland would have won... Yes his teammates came up short but Lebron could have also played better and won... His numbers were exactly the same in the playoffs as they were in the regular season... Which can't happen... You have to play better in the playoffs
 4 years ago '10        #212
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 nyc said:

and jordan had to play against much better players.

like craig ehlo?
 4 years ago '07        #213
JordanWest86 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,841 | Props total: 2107 2107
 dre03 said:

Superteams now???

So Bird, Mchale, Parrish, Johnson wasn''t a superteam??? That's 4 hall of famers on one team

Magic, Kareem, Worthy and the Showtime Lakers weren't a superteam??? 3 Hof'ers and 2 NBA MVP's... They even had a hall of famer coming off the bench in Mcadoo and a perennial DPOY in Michael Cooper

The Pistons with Thomas, Dumars, Dantley, Rodman, Laimbeer and Aguirre... 4 Hof'ers and 6 fu*king all stars... On one team...

The 76ers with Malone, Barkley, Dr J and Cheeks... 3 Hof'ers and 5 all-stars

The Trailblazers with Clyde, Porter, Robinson and Duckworth... 1 Hof'er and 5 all-stars on that team... Honorable mention to Jerome Kersey who was also a great player

The Cavaliers with Daughtery, Price and Nance... 3 all-stars with honorable mention to Ron Harper who would have been an all-star and maybe a great player if not due to his injuries... The year Jordan hit the shot over Ehlo they almost had three 20 ppg scorers and had the 2nd best record in the NBA...

There have always been superteams... The difference is back in the 80's and 90's the league was full of great teams with alot of great players because there were not as many teams as it is nowadays... You had the world's top 260 players playing against one another...

Imagine if you only had 23-26 teams again nowadays... Get rid of the Kings, Timberwolves, Hornets, Magic, Cavaliers, Raptors and Wizards... You would have to find new teams for Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving, John Wall, Anthony Davis, Cousins, Rubio, Gordon, Beal, Nene, Gay, Bargnani, Deroazan, Tyreke Evans, Isiah Thomas, Waiters, Varejao and etc... You can see how easily you can form superteams with less teams... And why the NBA was so competitive back in the day compared to now...

Nowadays you literally have teams with not one all-star... You didn't see that back then every team had an all-star... This year alone I know of 6 teams without all-stars (previous or current) actively playing on the team... Bucks, Pistons, Bobcats, Hornets, Wizards and Raptors... You can double check that but I am pretty sure and it could be more...

And for the Cleveland comment... History says Jordan has never lost a playoff series when his team played a lower seed... Cleveland was the #1 seed twice... So if history remains true Jordan would have won with a #1 seed team... If he was good enough to get them to the best record in the league there should be no reason he can't win a ring with a team that won 61 games... Or at least get past the 2nd round with a 60 win team...

If you insert Jordan at 26 years old Jordan averaged 37 ppg, 7 rpg, 7apg and 3 spg on 51% in the playoffs... Lebron that same year at 26 years old was 30 ppg, 9rpg and 7apg and 2pg on 50% shooting... If Lebron had put up Jordan type numbers that year Cleveland would have won... Yes his teammates came up short but Lebron could have also played better and won... His numbers were exactly the same in the playoffs as they were in the regular season... Which can't happen... You have to play better in the playoffs

So we really gonna just say MJ scored this many then so he would score this many now and not look at the different opponents?

Also, Lebrons last year in Cleveland, he went 39, 8, and 8 against the Magic and LOST. Beat your MJ average in every category and still lost. So just cuz u can put up those video game numbers dont mean you gonna automatically win. Lebron learned that so he went get some help and won his rings. So Lebron became a free agent and went to another team? Its a free country last I checked. He finished up his contract and went find work somewhere else. U been workin for the same company your whole life?
 06-25-2013, 01:52 PM         #214
LRC14 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jordan = GOAT
 4 years ago '13        #215
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
Damn.

Bron may win when this is all said and done.
 4 years ago '05        #216
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
 tj.iscool said:
Jordan took 2 years off easily could've got more titles

this is a great thread btw..

2 legends

I still got MJ as the GOAT though
 4 years ago '04        #217
dre03 
space
space
 JordanWest86 said:
So we really gonna just say MJ scored this many then so he would score this many now and not look at the different opponents?

Also, Lebrons last year in Cleveland, he went 39, 8, and 8 against the Magic and LOST. Beat your MJ average in every category and still lost. So just cuz u can put up those video game numbers dont mean you gonna automatically win. Lebron learned that so he went get some help and won his rings. So Lebron became a free agent and went to another team? Its a free country last I checked. He finished up his contract and went find work somewhere else. U been workin for the same company your whole life?

His last year in Cleveland he lost to Boston... Orlando was in 09... And i was waiting for someone to bring that series up... Lebron's Cleveland days was when i was just as big a fan as I am a Jordan fan... Not many people on this board besides maybe Rico23 would be able to analyze those days better than me... Lebron started off that series Jordan-esque and extremely efficient and should have been up 2-0... His last 4 games of that series were not good which is why his team went 1-3... He shot an Iverson like 42% from the feild with two sub 40% games... He put up big numbers because he was literally averaging 46 minutes a game... But he was not playing like Lebron...

They lost the first game because after making the basket in the 4th to put his team up by 1 Lebron allowed his man Rashard to get space for a three and he nailed it... LEbron followed that up by not even attempting a shot in the final 14 seconds down by 1... Instead he allowed Delonte to dribble around and jack up an ill advised 3... We saw what happened in Game 2 when Lebron decides to take the clutch shots... He should have did that in Game 1... As great as he played Game 1 lost was on him... Down 1 with 14 seconds left and the ball you as a superstar cant blame anyone else... The rest of that series Lebron just played wreckless... The only close game in the last 4 games was Game 4 where in OT Lebron turned the ball over 4 times in 5 minutes and the Cavs lost a winnable game by 2 in OT...

I blamed Lebron for those losses because it was on him... You pull out those two close games you make it to the finals... Lebron lost those two close games at the end with lack of aggression and wrecklessness... You can say his teammates could have did more but in the Game 4 loss his teammates stepped up and needed their superstar to make the GW plays and Lebron didn't... His team scored 75 points on 52% shooting LEbron shot the lowest percentage on the team at 45% and had 8 of the 12 turnovers... If Jordan misses the shot over Ehlo that loss is on him and they lose the series... If he misses the shots over Russell those losses are on him regardless of how good he played... just like he gets blamed for losing to the Celtics and Pistons all those years... Thats the life of a superstar you expect them to make the GW plays... Lebron was 1/3 in that series in GW plays... And guess what if he was 3/3 they win the series in 6... If he was 2/3 they go to a Game 7 in Cleveland which you know Bron was not going to lose a Game 7...

Last edited by dre03; 06-25-2013 at 02:35 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #218
Dillinger805 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,994 | Props total: 83 83
cant we just say MJ was amazing and Lebron is amazing as well..... diff eras diff rules diff style of play can never compare many players over time for that reason
 4 years ago '05        #219
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
All I can say is..

Jordan never lost a finals..

Jordan was MVP every finals he was in.

4 years ago '04        #220
dre03 
space
space
 Birdman said:
NBA was so competitive back then that's why Jordan played against expansion teams but every team had an all star
Talking about the same expansion teams that had Shaq and Penny on them?

Or maybe you mean the ones that had Alonzo Mourning and Larry Johnson and Mugsy Bogues???

Or maybe you mean the team you root for now in the Heat with Glen Rice and Steve Smith ???

I don't even know why the fu*k you still post... You are one of the least knowledgeable people on this board... You continue to show your ignorance with every post... Dumbass calling his own team sh*tty

But yeah i am talking about those expansion teams with those sh*tty players on them...
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
37 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
64 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
26 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
60 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
18 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy