Five Actors Who Should Be Considered To Play Lex Luthor In MAN OF STEEL 2

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
50 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '06        #1
5966 pageviews
84 comments

SM 38189 heat pts38189
space
space
$127,972 | Props total: 67545 67545
Five Actors Who Should Be Considered To Play Lex Luthor In MAN OF STEEL 2

It is widely expected that Lex Luthor will be featured in some capacity in Warner Bros.' planned sequel to Man Of Steel. With that in mind, I decided to list five actors who I think would fit the role of Superman's archenemy.

Having appeared in the majority of Supermanís big screen outings, Lex Luthor is undeniably one of the most well-known comic book villains of all time. His company, LexCorp, was referenced several times in Man Of Steel, leading to speculation that Luthor himself will be featured in the sequel (which is currently on the fast-track at Warner Bros.). Many fans have expressed interest in seeing another villain take on Superman in the next film, rather than see Luthor yet again. Personally, I really want to see somebody else as the primary adversary in Man Of Steel 2 (preferably Brainiac), with Lex in a supporting role. Love or hate him, itís debatable that we have yet to see the true Lex Luthor on the big screen, and we would finally have our chance to see that version in this new series. With that in mind, I compiled a list of five actors who I think would be excellent choices to play Supermanís arch nemesis on the big screen.

#5 - Josh Brolin (True Grit, Men In Black 3)

The most out-of-the-box choice on the list, the very talented Josh Brolin has plenty of CBM experience under his belt. Not only has he starred in Jonah Hex and Men In Black 3, but he will also be seen in Octoberís Oldboy remake and next yearís Sin City: A Dame To k!ll For. In True Grit, he showed a villainous side to his acting chops. With that in mind, I think he would be a great (and different) choice to portray Lex Luthor on film. Plus, he has the looks and is around the age range that Lex should be. The only problem: With Jonah Hex being such a big failure for WB, will they want to bring Brolin back for another DC film?

#4 - Jude Law (Sherlock Holmes, Road To Perdition)

A self-professed comic book fan, Law recently expressed interest in appearing in a superhero film at some point. He has a good relationship with WB after co-starring in the current Sherlock Holmes franchise, and he does an excellent job playing villains (just watch his voice performance in Rise Of The Guardians to see what I mean). While I can think of other comic book characters heíd be great as (Mr. Freeze, Brainiac, etc.), I wouldnít complain at all if he was cast as Lex Luthor or even just considered for the role.

#3 - Guy Pearce (Prometheus, Iron Man 3)

Pearce is easily one of the top fan-favorite choices to play Lex Luthor, and for good reason. He has the looks for the iconic antagonist, and he usually does a great job portraying villains. Not to mention that heís a great actor all-around. Despite appearing in Marvelís Iron Man 3, the actor doesnít seem to be terribly interested in comic book movies. Of course, he could make another exception in playing Luthor if he likes the script. But will he be interested in the multi-picture deals that are sure to come with such a familiar character in the DC Universe?

#2 - Mark Strong (Green Lantern, Sherlock Holmes)

Another fan-favorite, Strong is undeniably one of the greatest choices for Lex out there. Not only does he have the looks and voice, but he does a brilliant job portraying villains. The biggest problem in this casting, obviously, is that he has already played Sinestro in Green Lantern (and did an incredible job doing so). Itís unknown whether or not weíll get a sequel or a reboot, but the latter is more likely at this point due to that film being a box office and critical failure. Still, I would love to see Strong return as Sinestro in the DC Cinematic Universe regardless of his connections to the first film, but WB will likely reboot the character entirely. In that case, he could be open to portraying Lex Luthor.

#1 - Jon Hamm (Mad Men, Sucker Punch)

Yes, I became a fan of this idea when I saw Hammís ďFunny Or DieĒ video in which he portrayed Supermanís arch nemesis. Comedic tone aside, Hamm captured the look and feel of Lex wonderfully, and I can see him transferring that over to a far more serious take on the villain in a Man Of Steel sequel. He has plenty of experience playing a businessman in Mad Men, and he previously worked with director Zack Snyder on Sucker Punch. Again, Hamm is around the age range that Luthor should be in. I canít think of any major problem that would hinder this casting to come to pass, unless Hamm might be too busy continuing work on Mad Men to move onto the silver screen in a big DCCU role.

Honorable Mentions: Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Daniel Day-Lewis (Lincoln)

visit this link FEATURE: Five Actors Who Should Be Considered To Play Lex Luthor In MAN OF STEEL 2

84 comments for "Five Actors Who Should Be Considered To Play Lex Luthor In MAN OF STEEL 2"

4 years ago '07        #2
Sleazy 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,560 | Props total: 307 307
Vin Diesel
 4 years ago '04        #3
!!! 220 heat pts220
space
space
$42,047 | Props total: 33813 33813
Mark Strong would k!ll it as Luthor.
 4 years ago '09        #4
Chalky 303 heat pts303
space
space
$27,392 | Props total: 17559 17559

[pic - click to view]

this dude was basically Lex Luther
 4 years ago '04        #5
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
LL Cool J

4 years ago '10        #6
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
fu*k no on all them except Strong. Too bad he was already Sinestro and the bad guy in Kick-Ass.

I don't have a personal suggestion but that old Bradly Cooper rumor would at least be interesting.
 4 years ago '04        #7
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,924 | Props total: 4285 4285
I liked Mark Strong's sinestro, and think he should continue on in the role.
 4 years ago '07        #8
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,392 | Props total: 21490 21490
Jon Hamm??
 4 years ago '06        #9
Kjizzle03 37 heat pts37
space
space
$25,271 | Props total: 7403 7403
bring back spacey
 4 years ago '10        #10
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,112 | Props total: 1271 1271
Jude Law or Mark Strong......fu*k the rest
 4 years ago '08        #11
d3athb4dishonor 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,472 | Props total: 568 568
Get the dude from Smallville. He was a fu*king awesome Luthor.
 4 years ago '06        #12
lexball50 
space
space
$2,107 | Props total: 192 192
Kevin Spacey close thread.
 4 years ago '13        #13
Lucky Lucas 47 heat pts47
space
space
space
$15,398 | Props total: 5775 5775
Vin Diesel????
 4 years ago '08        #14
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,829 | Props total: 1329 1329
Bryan Cranston as Luthor?

You're goddamn right.
[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '13        #15
MeteorMan 32 heat pts32
space
space
$3,502 | Props total: 543 543
Boris Kodjoe
 06-23-2013, 09:02 PM         #16
loyola llothta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We need a black dude
 4 years ago '04        #17
Hustler_101 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,687 | Props total: 311 311
Bruce Willis....jk
 4 years ago '04        #18
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,941 | Props total: 3140 3140
Jeremy Piven aka Ari Gold

just playing

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by King Kusanagi; 06-23-2013 at 09:07 PM..
 4 years ago '11        #19
rbarber1234 44 heat pts44
space
space
$6,053 | Props total: 4932 4932
Walter white
 4 years ago '07        #20
calle13 411 heat pts411
space
space
$5,231 | Props total: 8659 8659

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jump reveals Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters for Dragon Ball..
38 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy