Jay-Z To Repurpose Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #101
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,107 | Props total: 1360 1360
 Future said:
pathetic....

whatever happened to originality and creating your own music.....
do rappers, eh lyricists, create music or do they just recite lyrics? I thought producers and musicians create music.
 4 years ago '07        #102
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
who gives a fu*k?
 4 years ago '08        #103
SKePTiC 
space
space
$360 | Props total: 1 1
personally, i dont have a problem with sampling/remaking the song... i think it keeps the old music in rotation in a way. the problem i have with this project is the title. nothing more. on a side note tho, fu*k courtney love!
 06-22-2013, 09:45 PM         #104
jbownzino 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 conscious thug said:
Here we are on a hip hop forum in a Jay Z thread debating Nirvana vs. Guns N'Roses, two bands that haven't had a hit song in 20 years (give or take)*.

Gotta love it.

*Nirana has a #1 hit from a re-release or whatever in 2002, but haven't had an official single since 1994.
This

/thread

All the hipsters out in full swing
 4 years ago '05        #105
sleezy 
space
space
$5,346 | Props total: 1147 1147
Would love to hear a good sample of led zeppelin's stairway to heaven
 4 years ago '04        #106
doro85 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,166 | Props total: 435 435
 shadydre85 said:
been disrespecting this mans music and legacey ever since he was murderd. fu*k hov and Courtney love.
So tell me more about his murder tho....

4 years ago '04        #107
walterroan 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,294 | Props total: 79 79
hipsters, go pick up a copy of the book everybody loves our town by mark yarm.

it actually was one of time magazines best books in 2011 or 2012. its the oral history of the seattle scene from the late 80's to mid 90's. its an incredibly addictive read.

hair metal sales were declining. the majors noticed that the college radio sh*t was more on the pulse of the market.

this book would really clear this up for you guys. the seattle scene was an emerging sound that got mass produced. nirvana was quite heralded within the scene itself, but kurt is often misrepresented. he did want to be a star, but stardom wasn't what he thought it was. courtney love was instrumental in the Geffen signing. she married kurt shortly after. from everyone's account she came to seattle looking for kurt, she went to all of his local hangouts and inserted herself into his life. she knew they (nirvana) were in a label bidding war. she dumped billy corgan of the smashing pumkins and moved to seattle to hitch her fu*king boat onto kurt's rising stardom.

she also was carrying on an affair with billy corgan around the time of kurt's alleged suicide.

also kurt wrote courtneys first big album. corgan penned most of her subsequent hits after.
 4 years ago '11        #108
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
I thought she lost ownership of his publishing. But why people bi*ching about songs equals use? I also remember some tx or south equals using teen spirit, nobody said sh*t, hate to see how y'all feel about weird al yell
 4 years ago '10        #109
Big Louie Champ 117 heat pts117
space
space
$11,773 | Props total: 7705 7705
fu*k jayz, this n*gga touching cobains work now? bitin a.ss n*gga man
 4 years ago '08        #110
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
this could be dope, but im gonna be pissed if he does a terrible job.

EDIT: i fell into the bx "did not read" crowd

its an interlude....

Last edited by iPunish901; 06-23-2013 at 03:52 AM..
 4 years ago '08        #111
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
 shadydre85 said:
grunge died when kurt cobain died!! Just how west coast rap died when pac died!
man oh man. THIS.
 06-23-2013, 08:12 AM         #112
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iPunish901 said:
this could be dope, but im gonna be pissed if he does a terrible job.

EDIT: i fell into the bx "did not read" crowd

its an interlude....
retards
 4 years ago '06        #113
inachair2001 
space
space
space
$20 | Props total: 1 1
Boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 4 years ago '12        #114
Theboybreblue 48 heat pts48
space
space
$3,387 | Props total: 3444 3444
You n*ggas needa get off ya periods. Seriously.
 4 years ago '12        #115
Theboybreblue 48 heat pts48
space
space
$3,387 | Props total: 3444 3444
 shadydre85 said:
been disrespecting this mans music and legacey ever since he was murderd. fu*k hov and Courtney love.

4 years ago '07        #116
MPC_Pase 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$358 | Props total: 288 288
 tupacnasfan said:
Your wrong, the 80's was the best decade of music, because they had something most rock musicians of the 90's to today (with the exception of a few good ones) lack and that's talent.
I don't know how old you are and I know everyone is entitled to their opinions but I lived through the eighties and I gotta say you're probably in the minority on this one. Don't get me wrong there is some good music that came out in the eighties but nostalgia aside as a whole the music sucked. Especially a lot of rock because hair metal was being wh0ored out and manufactured like boy bands.

Last edited by MPC_Pase; 06-23-2013 at 10:03 AM..
 4 years ago '08        #117
SKePTiC 
space
space
$360 | Props total: 1 1
 tupacnasfan said:
At least it was SUPERIOR to the nu metal/pop punk/emo bullsh*t that people have to put up with in the 90's to today

I'll take every rose has it's thorn and wanted dead or alive, over this psychotic trash such as slipknot bullsh*t, stinkin park aka linkin park, korn-hole and especially limp sh*thouse with it's biggest douchbag rock has ever seen, fred durst.
and I Saw on amazon.com and somebody compared that idiotic slipsh*t aka slipknot and I Said are you kidding me?

How can you even compared those losers to the legacy of gene simmons

Comparing that idiotic slipknot to one of the greatest bands in rock n roll history is like comparing a volkswagon to a rolls royce phantom, what a joke.
each post exposes u more n more.... ur comin off as a groupie girl! your hatred for nirvana is noted... plz move on.
 4 years ago '04        #118
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,888 | Props total: 2945 2945
ppl act like he's remixing this sh*t
 06-23-2013, 10:41 AM         #119
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MPC_Pase said:
I don't know how old you are and I know everyone is entitled to their opinions but I lived through the eighties and I gotta say you're probably in the minority on this one. Don't get me wrong there is some good music that came out in the eighties but nostalgia aside as a whole the music sucked. Especially a lot of rock because hair metal was being wh0ored out and manufactured like boy bands.
That's absolutely true. The few good bands that came out of the 80s and that today are huge weren't even selling during that decade... Case in point, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Janes Addiction. These bands along with others took them years to get to the status they are today, but back then they weren't as popular with the masses.
 4 years ago '05        #120
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,288 | Props total: 6390 6390
This cold be dope

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy