Jay-Z To Repurpose Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
230 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
108 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
162 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '08        #81
SKePTiC 
space
space
$360 | Props total: 1 1
 tupacnasfan said:
i'm glad kurt is dead, he was so talentless and useless and fu*k courtney love too, couldn't stand her either.
Jus curious, what's your talents? What makes you believe someone should be dead because u didn't like their music? Your ignorance is being exposed full circle today! Inquiring minds wanna know...

ps, noone calls them "nerdvana" so u can stop saying nirvana aka nerdvana each time you mention them... it's dumb & redundant!
 06-22-2013, 04:00 PM         #82
donmeca2020 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is blasphemy..... how is going to go and fu*k up a rock classic and try to make it some new age rap hit ??? fu*k is jay-z thinkin seriously.....

i understand he did great with that collabo with linkin park, and i know throughout the years he's stole others lyrics, beats, etc but why fu*k with this ?
 06-22-2013, 04:17 PM         #83
WMYakballzWM 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hov loves to bite
 06-22-2013, 04:23 PM         #84
swerve1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tupacnasfan said:
But GNR was the last REAL american rock band ever, nirvana nearly ruined rock and roll.
No just stop talking. You are talking out of your a.ss. Nirvana didn't ruin anything, MTV and the media did. They exploited the blossoming Seattle rock scene and slapped the label "grunge" on it simultaneously blowing it up and k!lling it.

After that movement rock music turned to sh*t and just consisted of scrub bands trying to copy the Seattle bands, like Godsmack. Nu-metal was manufactured by the record industry and had nothing to with Nirvana. The decline of rock music was due to the industry, the stupidity of people in general, and the lack of talent and innovation in the bands that came afterward.

Kurt didn't even like the album Nevermind and felt it was overproduced. Their last and final album In Utero was better in this regard. It is not Nirvana's fault that they were the most popular Seattle band and came to represent the "grunge" movement. They never wanted it. In my opinion they weren't even the best out of those bands, I would say Alice in Chains was. You are just clearly biased against Nirvana and using them as a scapegoat.

GNR being the last REAL american rock band is one of the stupidest things I have ever read on the internet. And what you are saying is like saying Star Wars is responsible for the decline of American cinema after the 70s. While we're at it let's blame The Beatles, Arrival of a Train at La Ciotat, and everyone in the Renaissance too. fu*k outta here.
 06-22-2013, 04:29 PM         #85
swerve1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tupacnasfan said:
Because GNR did with passion, truth and honesty, unlike Nirvana which stunk at it.

GNR was the rolling stones/led zeppelin of the late 80's early 90's.
I can't tell if you are trolling or really just that stupid. Either way it's a waste of time replying to you. P.S. 2Pac is just as overrated as Nirvana
 4 years ago '04        #86
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 1555 1555
damn so sampling in hip hop is biting now?
 06-22-2013, 04:36 PM         #87
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tupacnasfan said:
Because Nirvana aka Nerdvana influenced all these bands including blink 182. they allow it to happen.
they also inspired ripoffs as well.
Nirvana changed rock for the worst in the past 22 years and it will never recover.
Actually you're wrong on that one as well. The bands that
truly influence Blink 182 were The Cure, The vandals, NOFX, and Bad Religion, as well punk rock and skate rock. Plus if you listen to their music, you can clearly hear those sounds. Plus, you can't blame solely Nirvana for the fall of rock, when clearly sh*t started falling apart when these record labels took over and decided to call shots on the genre (just as bad as they did with Hair Metal Bands), as well as creating their own talent that could make it on the radio. So, you can't blame that on Nirvana at all.
 4 years ago '05        #88
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
 ballergenetics said:
I was talking strictly grunge.

pearl jam is nowhere near the best grunge bands, imo. They had the better run of all of them, but I don't think they were the best.
 4 years ago '11        #89
GrindPOWER$ 389 heat pts389
space
space
$19,253 | Props total: 12508 12508
i just hope it comes out dope..but a song called suicide by shotgun that title is eerie.
 4 years ago '10        #90
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,401 | Props total: 2348 2348
 tupacnasfan said:
You are a d!ckhead, Kurt never k!lled hair metal, Hair metal died by itself and GNR also had a hand in this too.

and yeah Nirvana changed the music landscape alright, it changed it for the worse and because of this sh*tty band, they allowed crap like Korn, Limp bizkit, greenday and the rest of the MTV no talented bands to be in the airwaves, mtv and other stuff, so fu*k YOU!

i'm glad kurt is dead, he was so talentless and useless and fu*k courtney love too, couldn't stand her either.
GNR WAS fu*kING HAIR METAL!!! AXCEL ROSE OR WHATEVER THE fu*k HIS NAME IS EVEN SAID NIRVANA k!llED THEM WITCH IS WHY HIM AND KURT WERE BEEFING THAT WHOLE TIME DURING THE 90'S EVERYONE KNOWS THIS THESE ARE FACTS NOT FANTASY BS. I REALLY THINK YOU LIKE TO MAKE UP WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIVE IN YOUR OWN fu*kIN HEAD.
 4 years ago '06        #91
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,975 | Props total: 3992 3992
 tupacnasfan said:
Why would jigga do something like this, That song was overrated as fu*k, that song didn't change music for the better, it made it for the even worse.
"Tupacnasfan" Keep your mouth shut, f*ggot. You don't know sh*t about rock. It was epic when it dropped and pushed major units and changed the genre. Stick to your narrow minded rap.
 4 years ago '10        #92
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
 tupacnasfan said:
people were against hair metal way before nirvana and gnr was the first anti hair metal band.

Gnr gave a big fu*k you to the hair metal (even though myself like that genre) scene back then.

And appetite for destruction was the beginning of the end that led to grunge.
grunge died when kurt cobain died!! Just how west coast rap died when pac died!
 4 years ago '08        #93
Effit 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,992 | Props total: 7 7
go listen to the original its better than anything jay z will do with it
 4 years ago '06        #94
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,975 | Props total: 3992 3992
 bigbarcelona said:
How when Poison a year later went platinum and by 91 it had sold an additional 4million copies?

Come on kid, you know you reaching like a motherfu*ker. I know GnR and I love GnR but you got it face the fact during that period they were consider a hair metal band as well, but the big difference was they were edgy, they had talent and they kick a.ss, but they weren't the demise when in 89 Mötley Crüe dropped Dr. Feel good and by that time they went double platinum and before 91 had sold up to 4 million copies. Come on, you can't be serious?
Tupacnasfan is a fu*king imbecile. Don't take that dipsh*t seriously. He doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.
 06-22-2013, 05:14 PM         #95
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Here we are on a hip hop forum in a Jay Z thread debating Nirvana vs. Guns N'Roses, two bands that haven't had a hit song in 20 years (give or take)*.

Gotta love it.

*Nirana has a #1 hit from a re-release or whatever in 2002, but haven't had an official single since 1994.
 4 years ago '11        #96
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,314 | Props total: 8435 8435
Y'all really arguing with tupacnasfan? Dude is at the very least autistic, possibly even down syndrome
 4 years ago '04        #97
DJ Maximum|M 47 heat pts47
space
space
$43,313 | Props total: 11375 11375
 Ra-da-god said:
damn so sampling in hip hop is biting now?
only when it comes from jay-z let nas or kendrick do this then they're geniuses
 4 years ago '10        #98
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
 PotheadFocker said:
Y'all really arguing with tupacnasfan? Dude is at the very least autistic, possibly even down syndrome
 4 years ago '05        #99
YoungRockJizzay 
space
space
$1,133 | Props total: 78 78
Wow! n*ggaz in here feminine as floral bedsheets. It's an interlude family. Take out yall tampons. If you ddon't like it don't listen. n*ggaz soft like Charmin in BX these days.
 4 years ago '05        #100
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,916 | Props total: 6166 6166
Y'all so stupid. There is more to life than some dumb a.ss song
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy