most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
117 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '11        #61
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6666 6666
***** ppl mad
 4 years ago '05        #62
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
Time to p!ss off you hipsters

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '10        #63
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,294 | Props total: 23804 23804
gonna be my favorite
 06-22-2013, 11:59 AM         #64
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tupacnasfan said:
GNR put an end to the hair metal scene, not nerdvana

This band paved the way for even more sh*tty rock to come ( Limp Bizkit, good charlotte, nickelback, etc, all were influenced by this band).

and by the way, read the interview.

It makes me sick that Nirvana and kurt nobrain is compared to the beatles, this band was overrated and medicore, they did nothing for music anyways.

if they hated so much, leave.
First... You clearly sound ignorant as hell and you clearly don't know what you're talking about at all! The fact that you said that Guns N Roses brought an end to Hair Bands is not only false, but it will get you laugh at by anyone hearing you say that bullsh*t! First, when Guns N Roses came out with Appetite for Destruction it was on 87 which was a peak period where Hair Metal bands like Posion, Mötley Crüe, Warrant and Whitesnake where running the Charts. Hell, during that period, Guns N Roses were consider a Hair metal band as well but as time went by they were taken out of that category because they were not just talented, but superior because of their work. In 91, all of these hair metal bands (to the exclusion of GnR) went into oblivion after Nirvana dropped Nevermind, because it was a game changer. Not only it was fresh and new, but people at that time where tired of the mockery and the bullsh*t that hair bands represented during that time to Rock. After all, it was all about the hair and how you look onstage instead of the music (hair metal), where as Grunge or Alternative Bands brought real music to the fans. And it wasn't just Hair Metal that pay the price, but also Pop as well. Look at what happened to New Kids on The Block and even Michael Jackson, but to a lesser extend. Hell, the impact that album and those bands (Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, & Etc..) had was so huge, it took years for these bands to recover (hair metal). After all, once Nirvana and all of those bands came out, people turned viciously against those hair metal bands. If not, ask anyone that was on a hair metal band as to how they feel about Nirvana or the rise of Grunge? Trust me, the minute they start talking they all get depress. But GnR put an end to hair metal? You can't be serious!
 06-22-2013, 12:21 PM         #65
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tupacnasfan said:
Yes it did, GNR really brought bone crushing bad a.ss rock n roll back on the charts in 1987 with appetite for destruction, that song welcome to the jungle was a shock.
hair metal k!lled itself.

GNR Changed rock, the same way NWA changed rap, except they changed it their own ways.

How when Poison a year later went platinum and by 91 it had sold an additional 4million copies?

Come on kid, you know you reaching like a motherfu*ker. I know GnR and I love GnR but you got it face the fact during that period they were consider a hair metal band as well, but the big difference was they were edgy, they had talent and they kick a.ss, but they weren't the demise when in 89 Mötley Crüe dropped Dr. Feel good and by that time they went double platinum and before 91 had sold up to 4 million copies. Come on, you can't be serious?
 4 years ago '05        #66
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
 ballergenetics said:
Pearl Jam > all of em. Y'all are trippin with the Nirvana hate though...

to be on topic... Kurt Cobain hated that song anyway.
 06-22-2013, 12:45 PM         #67
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tupacnasfan said:
People were against hair metal way before nirvana and GNR was the first anti hair metal band.

GNR gave a big fu*k you to the hair metal (even though myself like that genre) scene back then.

And Appetite for Destruction was the beginning of the end that led to grunge.
That I agreed... Because around 87 or 88 Grunge was beginning or the formative years for a lot of the grunge bands and the foundations to what was to come later on, and bands like Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pixies, and Jane's Addiction were the antidote for those that refused to listen to those hair metal bands. However, hair metal before that time was still predominant on MTV, but also on the music charts as well as the radio. So I wouldn't say GnR brought that change, I'd say this... It was eventually the initiative of the people that brought that sea of change because of their displeasure of what they were presented during that time. But to say GnR was the beginning to the end? I don't think so.
 06-22-2013, 12:58 PM         #68
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tupacnasfan said:
That's your Opinion, but your still wrong.

GNR was the beginning of the end of the hair bands

even most hair bands change their style after GNR.

Not my friend... On this one you clearly wrong, especially when those bands were continuing to sell and going multi platinum.
 4 years ago '06        #69
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
 Sticks said:
fu*k that n*gga. He didn't personally know any members from Nirvana. Besides, how does Courtney Love let him use it? She wasn't even married to Cobain.

Jay needs to reevaluate this.

Yes they were and shes the mother of their kid
 06-22-2013, 01:23 PM         #70
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tupacnasfan said:
But at least they were changing their sound back then.

Other emerging bands... Then yes.
 4 years ago '05        #71
JuiceDigaho 
space
space
$982 | Props total: 222 222
 HipHopFactz said:
Jay biting and bandwagon jumping on another dead celebs name

from Biggie to Pac and now Kurt

shameful
youre a clown
 4 years ago '04        #72
Magnolia 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,369 | Props total: 301 301
hov stays stealing, dudes not creative at all
 4 years ago '11        #73
Sin 1263 heat pts1263
space
space
$18,499 | Props total: 39411 39411
I'll hold my judgment until I hear the album
 4 years ago '04        #74
cormega74 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,739 | Props total: 2557 2557
 the player said:
lots of menstruation in this thread
 4 years ago '04        #75
GoAirplane 
space
space
$1,882 | Props total: 13 13
 Martel said:
n*ggas mad as fu*k for no reason. it's an interlude...

Only the cakkks are upset.

06-22-2013, 03:30 PM         #76
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Emo I can agree (to a certain degree), but nu metal and pop punk that literally has nothing to do with Nirvana. Nu metal was truly a mixture of metal and hip hop and pop punk was some bullsh*t manufactured by the record labels to appeal to teenage girls with "ATTITUDES", otherwise neither was an influence of Nirvana. Plus, if we're really going to blame the emo movement, it wouldn't be Nirvana solely to blame, that cake belongs to one specific band and that title truly belongs to... BLINK 182. Like it or not, these bands were heavily influence by those as*holes, especially thanks to the Warped Tour where they were headliners and a lot of those kids that either performed or attended that tour were influence by them.
 06-22-2013, 03:32 PM         #77
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tupacnasfan said:
But sadly Nirvana aka Nerdvana also changed music for the worse, because not only the music industry allowed nu metal, emo and pop punk to happen, but the band's influence itself also pave for the same thing and I Will never forgive them.

Emo I can agree (to a certain degree), but nu metal and pop punk that literally has nothing to do with Nirvana. Nu metal was truly a mixture of metal and hip hop and pop punk was some bullsh*t manufactured by the record labels to appeal to teenage girls with "ATTITUDES", otherwise neither was an influence of Nirvana. Plus, if we're really going to blame the emo movement, it wouldn't be Nirvana solely to blame, that cake belongs to one specific band and that title truly belongs to... BLINK 182. Like it or not, these bands were heavily influence by those as*holes, especially thanks to the Warped Tour where they were headliners and a lot of those kids that either performed or attended that tour were influence by them.
 06-22-2013, 03:34 PM         #78
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

DOWNLOAD THE FULL MIXTAPE HERE

Last edited by conscious thug; 06-22-2013 at 03:37 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #79
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,502 | Props total: 793 793
He stole that from Daytona...used Nirvana - r*pe Me
 06-22-2013, 03:49 PM         #80
swerve1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
GNR did not change rock like the Seattle bands did. They had an impact don't get me wrong but they were like the middle ground between hair metal and the Seattle bands.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
187 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
117 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy