Xbox One: The 3 Biggest Features We Lost As A Result Of Microsoft's 180

most viewed right now
 55
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 36
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 29
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 22
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #121
I bleed GREEN 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$22,629 | Props total: 17859 17859
 TanstA! said:
why would anyone be against that?

we all have that right now, and im sure its going to continue.

you go into the my downloads list and youre able to redownload a game you purchased years ago.

simple.


but why does every game need to be digital tho? some games should be disc based for convenience. plus it aint like the x1 will have 3-4 discs for a game lol or will it?
the thing is this isnt always the case,ill use the TMNT 1989 and Turtles In Time on XBLA for example they have been pulled off the marketplace due to licensing issues and now ill never be able to redl those again whos to say this type of thing wont happen more often in the future


Last edited by I bleed GREEN; 06-22-2013 at 04:10 AM..
 4 years ago '11        #122
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 TanstA! said:
As a collector, I hear that... The PHYSICAL joy of actually owning something is way different than having to access your "property" via a device.
Yes, and I get that and completely agree. If I had a choice, I'd much rather buy the physical copy...but the reality of the situation is, it's not necessary at all and there are much more benefits to having everything digital than physical copies.

People STILL in this thread talking about letting people borrowing games as if they're completely uninformed by the family share feature.

You can have online communities renting games with each other...my family/friends that doesn't live right next door to me can "borrow" my game from pretty much anywhere he has internet access... but nah I'd rather give people the physical copy and potentially scratch the sh*t out of my disc.

sh*t, if you had a huge collection of games, what's to stop you from making money off that? Someone pays you some money for access to your games...etc.
 4 years ago '11        #123
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 TanstA! said:
but i also understand this dudes point he's trying to make about the devs getting more money back for their studios, that's definitely real

because all digital would mean no more gamestops, walmarts, best buys or w.e making profits off the games (unless they'd have box's with codes in em, wasnt sure how that was going to work) but yeah, obviously completely digital would've meant alot more money saved and money earned for the devs.
That's just one aspect of it.

But trust me, if developers can make more money we'd see much better and possibly more games as more people would look for a career in that area...etc.

You basically have these middle men (gamestop/best buy) making a profit for just distributing the game to you...you really think your money is best spent with them?
 4 years ago '11        #124
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Mr I 95 said:

And you still don't get the family sharing was gonna be like a timed demo?
lol is this actually confirmed?

From what I remember, you can play multiplayer with the familyshare feature...or am I wrong?

4. Allow 1 person to share every game they bought with 10 people so every single person to own an xbox one w have to be online and the option to games have ills there for EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER THERE BY CUTTING OUT 90.91 OF CONSUMERS BRILLIIANT!
You do realize not all 10 people can play the game at once right?


Last edited by PTC; 06-22-2013 at 04:18 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #125
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
avatar space
space
$35,021 | Props total: 19603 19603
 PTC said:
That's just one aspect of it.

But trust me, if developers can make more money we'd see much better and possibly more games as more people would look for a career in that area...etc.

You basically have these middle men (gamestop/best buy) making a profit for just distributing the game to you...you really think your money is best spent with them?
definitely not man, which is why i make sure not to buy from em... ill most likely buy alot of my games digitally, and the others maybe from some mom and pop stores that give me good deals around nyc.

cod has ruined everything.
 4 years ago '11        #126
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Flawless Image said:
the thing is this isnt always the case,ill use the TMNT 1989 and Turtles In Time on XBLA for example they have been pulled off the marketplace due to licensing issues and now ill never be able to redl those again whos to say this type of thing wont happen more often in the future
Would you go through the hassle of getting the physical version of TMNT 1989 and Turtles in Time with the console just to play it?

Most people would not, they'd rather just download that sh*t.
 06-22-2013, 04:27 AM         #127
HDBeatz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr I 95 said:
Yea that's it everyone should spend every penny you can to support millionaires...

And you still don't get the family sharing was gonna be like a timed demo? You really think they would cut out over 90% of their customers by allowing that?

Ok guys here's the plan
1. Force everyone to be connected online
2. Take a loss on console sales
3. Make up loss on console sales from video games
4. Allow 1 person to share every game they bought with 10 people so every single person to own an xbox one w have to be online and the option to games have ills there for EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER THERE BY CUTTING OUT 90.91 OF CONSUMERS BRILLIIANT!
5. Don't mention this anywhere near e3 and when asked specifics don't explain




and yall really took that sh*t hook line and sinker

[pic - click to view]

 4 years ago '07        #128
I bleed GREEN 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$22,629 | Props total: 17859 17859
 PTC said:
Would you go through the hassle of getting the physical version of TMNT 1989 and Turtles in Time with the console just to play it?

Most people would not, they'd rather just download that sh*t.
you totally missed the point of what i said
 4 years ago '11        #129
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Flawless Image said:
you totally missed the point of what i said
I got your point, which is about the licensing.

But I'm asking YOU, since that happened, are you gonna go out your way to get the physical copies + console to play them?
 4 years ago '07        #130
I bleed GREEN 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$22,629 | Props total: 17859 17859
 PTC said:
I got your point, which is about the licensing.

But I'm asking YOU, since that happened, are you gonna go out your way to get the physical copies + console to play them?
my point was theres no guarantee if we go all digital that these games will be available forever after you pay for them to redownload
 4 years ago '08        #131
Kewop Decam 79 heat pts79
space
space
space
$15,972 | Props total: 9733 9733
 PTC said:
I got your point, which is about the licensing.

But I'm asking YOU, since that happened, are you gonna go out your way to get the physical copies + console to play them?
you didn't get his point at all so be quiet.
 4 years ago '04        #132
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 1555 1555
The disc having to be in the tray is a no brainer lol if they allowed you to played with the disc after install with no more check ins n*ggas would never buy games everyone would just have gamefly and keep the game on their hardrive after they sent the disc back....you cant have it both ways

Family share sounded very cool BUT I just do not see a scenerio of TEN people having access to FUL games in your library from any xbox between just me and my brother alone I would cut the amount of games I'd actually have to pay for by 60%


Last edited by Ra-da-god; 06-22-2013 at 07:07 AM..
 4 years ago '11        #133
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Flawless Image said:
my point was theres no guarantee if we go all digital that these games will be available forever after you pay for them to redownload
I understand THAT...WTF?

My question was just to further elaborate my point, not to directly relate it to what you had to say ...
 4 years ago '11        #134
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Ra-da-god said:
Family share sounded very cool BUT I just do not see a scenerio of TEN people having access to FUL games in your library from any xbox between just me and my brother alone I would cut the amount of games I'd actually have to pay for by 60%
So he'd have to pay for the 60%? lol.

But I can see them starting at 10 and lowering it as time goes on...if and when people start to abuse it...

2 people most likely can't be playing the same game at once (but they can if they're playing together)... so if you want true freedom to play whenever you want, you'd have to buy your own sh*t.
 4 years ago '04        #135
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 1555 1555
 PTC said:
So he'd have to pay for the 60%? lol.

But I can see them starting at 10 and lowering it as time goes on...if and when people start to abuse it...

2 people most likely can't be playing the same game at once (but they can if they're playing together)... so if you want true freedom to play whenever you want, you'd have to buy your own sh*t.
yeah honestly with this family sharing if it would have been full games it would have drastically cut back the games I'd actually pay for kinda like how game fly does now, of course sh*t like Witcher 3 or Ryse would be copped.....

We were about to abuse the sh*t out of the feature lol, n*ggas were already putting our gaming pool together for 2014 it was about to be open season on M$ ....
 06-22-2013, 08:10 AM         #136
HDBeatz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PTC said:
I understand THAT...WTF?

My question was just to further elaborate my point, not to directly relate it to what you had to say ...


[spoiler - click to view]

 06-22-2013, 09:38 AM         #137
tden  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ok aint thats wat the current console is doing now who cares i dont see the big problem as long i can trade in my games and loan my games and dont need to connect to online every 24 hours im kool
 4 years ago '04        #138
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 1555 1555
 Mr I 95 said:
which is why it was never what yall thought to begin with...even thinking it was is proving your a fu*king moron ...even asking if it was confirmed proves your a fu*king moron...to know it was never going to work that way is the most common of all the senses


i will say i pulled time resricted out of my a.ss...but if it wasnt that it was something like that...no fu*king way it was just full games for everyone ...the math doesnt add up game companys would go broke and xbox would make no money
sony did it and it up to 5 people too, they cut it to one because n*ggas abused it but its sensible for people to think it was full games at first M$ was vague as fu*k about it you can tell it wasn't originally planned in their policy and they were still working out the details but I will agree it would have been a HUGE loss for them in game sales
 06-22-2013, 11:56 AM         #139
LaRy BLanco  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr I 95 said:
which is why it was never what yall thought to begin with...even thinking it was is proving your a fu*king moron ...even asking if it was confirmed proves your a fu*king moron...to know it was never going to work that way is the most common of all the senses


i will say i pulled time resricted out of my a.ss...but if it wasnt that it was something like that...no fu*king way it was just full games for everyone ...the math doesnt add up game companys would go broke and xbox would make no money
glad u finally admitted that, even tho we all already knew

and it wasnt full games for everyone thats not how it worked
only the owner and 1 other person (out of the 10) can play a game @ a time
once that happens access to all other shared games in the owners library would
be restricted until their done playing...

think about it...niccas aint gonna always have the patience to sit there and wait
for a shared game to be available all day, especially if its a game theyre really into

eventually that person is going to want to buy their own copy

imagine waiting for 9 other people to stop playing games from ur friends library
because u want to play his copy of 2k14
 06-22-2013, 12:13 PM         #140
LaRy BLanco  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr I 95 said:
which is why sports games/ heavy MP games would still sell fine...but for single player games it would be a wrap...i could wait a few days or a week for a free game that ill play once...like take the last of us...id wait for it...cuz i just played it and beat it...i prly wont touch it again until if and when the last of us 2 is about to drop...it would destroy those real good single player games
sports games /heavy mp games already sell better than sp games today by a huge margin

so what would be the difference??

if ur friend bought a sp game on disc that u wanted to play couldnt u just wait for him to
beat it and borrow it from him???

or what about renting it???

todays methods are already affecting game sales for sp games
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 11
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 5
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 3
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 3
BOX Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux - December 9?
1400 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 3
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy