Jun 20 - 8 Foods We Eat In The U.S. That Are Banned In Other Countries

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-21-2013, 05:28 PM         #121
NotInThisTown 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
Yea I actually took part in the March Against Monsanto here in Denver to force GMO labeling.

I heard about that. That's awesome. I hope other states follow suit. Guaranteed if they were forced to label GMO's, people wouldn't buy them and they'd eventually taper off. That's what happened in other countries that labeled it.

It really is a pain in the a.ss. But it's your health you're dealing with. If you don't have your health you don't have nothin'. What I've started doing is going grocery shopping on Saturdays. Then on Sunday, I'll make all my lunches and breakfasts for the week. I try to plan out my dinners too but like you said, life gets hectic so sometimes I might just grab a burger or something fast.

Make some sh*t like this so you can just grab and go in the morning

[pic - click to view]

So is it okay if I shop at Mexican food market stores?
 06-21-2013, 05:37 PM         #122
Sid 6point7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm all for organic and GMO labeling.

Just want to say that if you're exercising and in shape, lifting weights, doing cardio, playing a sport, eating in moderation and NOT like a glutton, you have a lot less to worry about and can get away with eating those artificially colored fruity pebbles with your glass of milk time to time.

I bet most of these "cancer links" are people who are even more at risk like severely obese people that don't exercise and are sedentary all day. Also want to point out, that if you pump lab rats with insane amounts of practically ANYTHING (which is what is usually done) they're going to get cancer.

Everything in moderation... if you live even a somewhat healthy and active lifestyle you have a lot less on your plate (get it?) to worry about.
 4 years ago '11        #123
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,854 | Props total: 1453 1453
 Yung Dilla said:
Yo someone school me on some alkaline water where do i get it from..
I do believe you can purchase it from amazon or your local whole foods store but I'm not quite sure. I do believe if you google it there are sites that can tell you how to make it's not very hard.
 06-21-2013, 06:07 PM         #124
the player 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2. Olestra (or Olean): Lowers calorie counts while causing vitamin depletion and anal leakage.

found in Fat-free potato chips, corn chips, and French fries.

or the bedroom
 4 years ago '08        #125
Chia-Like 
space
space
$633 | Props total: 51 51
 cankstoochie said:
if this is true, why arae they still being added to food for us to consume? its like they want us to die.
duhh n*gga
 4 years ago '08        #126
Chia-Like 
space
space
$633 | Props total: 51 51
 Yung Dilla said:
Yo someone school me on some alkaline water where do i get it from..
Go to Giant supermarket homie
 4 years ago '06        #127
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,853 | Props total: 25590 25590
 Chia-Like said:
Go to Giant supermarket homie
They don't have one in L.A they do have them in maryland where my mom lies also a spin off stop called stop and shop in ct same store different name lol...
 4 years ago '07        #128
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,575 | Props total: 1045 1045
 Yung Dilla said:
They don't have one in L.A they do have them in maryland where my mom lies also a spin off stop called stop and shop in ct same store different name lol...
some shell gas stations sells alkaline water, i forget the name. fiji water is also alkaline water. you can make your own by adding a tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar to your bottled water.
 4 years ago '08        #129
j-dub82 
space
space
$1,932 | Props total: 54 54
haven't looked through the whole thread but if you're looking to cop some cheap organic food (compared to super market organic foods), head to your local farmer's market.

I hit up a few every Saturday morning here in Maryland. On my way not actually
 4 years ago '04        #130
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
 NotInThisTown said:
So is it okay if I shop at Mexican food market stores?
Yo, I don't think it really matters where you shop. Just look at the labels. Don't buy anything with high fructos corn syrup in it because almost all the time it's made from GMO corn. There are other things to watch out for on labels. I'll try to find some of the definitions.

Best bet is to try and avoid all hormones, antibiotics and pesticides in your food. Also, here's a quick guide to what food labels really mean

Organic. Any multi-ingredient product bearing the USDA Organic seal must contain at least 95% organic ingredients. But the federal certification process is voluntary -- and not every product that claims to be organic undergoes such scrutiny.

Made with organic ingredients. At least 70% of the ingredients must be organic. The product cannot carry the USDA Organic seal.

Non- or -free. Must have less than the following per serving: fat (0.5 gram), sugar (0.5 gram), cholesterol (2mg), or sodium (5mg).

Low-. Generally, the product must have less than the following per serving: fat (3 grams), cholesterol (20 mg), or sodium (140 mg).

Reduced. Generally, the product must have at least 25% less of the given component than is typically found in that type of food.

Light. If at least half of the product's calories come from fat, fat must be reduced by at least 50% per serving. If less than half of the calories are from fat, fat must be reduced at least 50%, or calories reduced at least 33%, per serving.

Reduced, Added, Extra, Plus, Fortified, Enriched. These claims can be made relative to a similar representative product.

High, Rich In, Excellent Source Of. All designate products with at least 20% of the recommended daily amount per serving.

Good Source, Contains, Provides. The product must have more than 10% but less than 20% of the recommended daily amount per serving.

More, Fortified, Enriched, Added, Extra, Plus. For vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber with at least 10% of the recommended amount per serving.

Lean. Generally, less than 10 grams of fat.

Extra lean. Less than 5 grams of fat.

Certified Humane. A label for products made by non-profit organizations dedicated to humane treatment of animals. To use the label, animals must have been given no growth hormones or antibiotics, or lived in cages, crates, or stalls; and must have had "access to sufficient, clean, and nutritious feed and water."

Naturally raised. A recent USDA standard for animals raised withhout growth hormones or anitbiotics.

Natural. A term regulated only for meats and poultry -- containing no artificial flavors, colors, or chemical preservatives -- and otherwise meaningless.

Some label terms, although truthful, have little or no real meaning, no standards for definition -- and a high potential to confuse consumers:

Contains antioxidants
Doctor-recommended
Free-range (can mean anything from an animal that roams freely to one that is let out of its cage from time to time)
Green
Immunity formula
Kid-approved
Made with whole grains
May lower cholesterol
Natural (for non-meat or -poultry products)
Natural goodness
No trans fat
Non-toxic
Parent-tested
Strengthens your immune system
 4 years ago '07        #131
nwadei 34 heat pts34
space
space
$4,394 | Props total: 1 1
The fruit of deregulation in the food industry. And this is not even half of it
 4 years ago '11        #132
keen77 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,252 | Props total: 1 1
I've read thru most of the posts in this thread, but not all....

In case it hasn't been mentioned already, it's worth the extra .50-1.00 a pound for grass-fed beef. The mass market beef actually eats a lot of its own excrement, so yeah, how's that for your bbq
 06-24-2013, 03:49 PM         #133
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
I totally agree. I mean everything in moderation. I miss me some good ol NY pie. But definitely can't be eating that sh*t every day. I feel like if you generally try to eat healthy over all, it's not bad if you have some unhealthy stuff every now and then.

And yea you can get hit by a car at anytime, but if you live like you're going to die tomorrow, and you don't, your a.ss will be suffering in the later years. No sense in ruining your body on some YOLO sh*t now, because eventually that sh*t will catch up to you.
Truth!
 4 years ago '10        #134
420Heat 8 heat pts
space
space
$8,801 | Props total: 5237 5237
pathetic

ima own my own country with the best food only and healthy eveyrthing and happiness everywhere and best government

weed will be sold at every store, schools will teach that weed is a healing plant and alcohol is a dangerous poison, though it will still be legal alongside its brother tobacco, for my country will get that money without poisoning the 3 things that humans need to live food water and air.

if people choose to smoke or drink, so be it, but my country will not secretly poison the fruits of oden.
 4 years ago '04        #135
Tic Toc 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,159 | Props total: 864 864
 Jayg36 said:
What can we do about it? Rallies have only taken us so far. How can we make ourselves truly heard???
I have an idea...

Ldogg310 said:
Its all about corporate greed and money.

Until the consumer takes back control of the industry by not buyin the garbage they put out there, nothing will ever change..

As they say money is the rude of all evil.
 PowerBar Ernie said:
"Money is the rude of all evil"

Addin this to the BX dictionary.
THIS^
 4 years ago '07        #136
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,357 | Props total: 15991 15991
 matelyan said:
Personally, I say consume whatever you want. Just be prepared for the consequences of your actions.

It's Survival of the fittest, not the fattest.
most people how have had an opportunity to be around me...especially diet wise end up changing their diet

random a55 people all question my diet tho..its funny how much more "preachier" "meat" eaters are than more holistic or disciplined eaters.. I wonder why they get sick way more often than me

Last edited by Damagegadget; 06-24-2013 at 10:18 PM..
 4 years ago '12        #137
Southwick 
space
space
$2,620 | Props total: 389 389
 Armen87 said:
Monsanto's attorney is now the supreme court judge and another exec is now the head of the FDA. Coincidence? Fuk no
These are the same people who make Round up. Wake up people.
 4 years ago '06        #138
KFrizzle 296 heat pts296
space
space
$5,859 | Props total: 143 143
 matelyan said:
Personally, I say consume whatever you want. Just be prepared for the consequences of your actions.

It's Survival of the fittest, not the fattest.
 4 years ago '12        #139
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$20,941 | Props total: 16917 16917
And I was just giving n*ggas a crash course on iodine yesterday
 4 years ago '08        #140
j-dub82 
space
space
$1,932 | Props total: 54 54
 OG k!lla said:
And I was just giving n*ggas a crash course on iodine yesterday
I just finished reading through that thread and you posted mad knowledge . I'ma definitely look more into iodine. I've cleaned up my diet a good deal this year so far...no more HFCS, fried foods, foods from GMO sources, foods with preservatives, partially hydrogenated oils, and dairy. I eat mostly fruits, veggies, and whole foods that I mostly make from scratch. I'm also hitting the gym/exercising regularly. It's a gradual process switching but I feel so much more better so far. I even had a chronic knee pain that developed late last year somehow and went away a month after I started eating clean.

My gf takes some damn prenatal pills prescribed to her by her doctor because her iron is supposedly low and has had a couple fibroids removed recently, yet is still showing symptoms of each and continues to trust her doctor. Something is always wrong with her and when I tell her she needs to clean up her diet, she thinks I don't know what I'm talking about. Some people will never learn until it's too late
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux - December 9?
1400 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago