most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #1
13045 pageviews
152 comments

mrfreak76 700 heat pts700
space
space
$7,148 | Props total: 1365 1365
Jun 20 - 8 Foods We Eat In The U.S. That Are Banned In Other Countries

1. Artificial food dye: Makes your food pretty and inhibits nerve-cell development.

Found in: Practically everything we eat: cake mixes, sports drinks, cheese, candy, and even MACARONI AND CHEESE.

Why it’s dangerous: Artificial dyes are made from chemicals derived from PETROLEUM, which is also used to make gasoline, diesel fuel, asphalt and TAR! Artificial dyes have been linked to brain cancer, nerve-cell deterioration, and hyperactivity, just to name a few things.

Where it’s banned: Norway, Finland, Austria, France, and the U.K.

For more information on artificial dyes, visit visit this link 100 Days of Real Food.

2. Olestra (or Olean): Lowers calorie counts while causing vitamin depletion and anal leakage.
Found in: Fat-free potato chips, corn chips, and French fries.

Why it’s dangerous: Created by Procter & Gamble as a substitue for cooking oil, Olestra robs your body of its ability to absorb vitamins. Fun side effects include cramps and leaky bowels.

Where it’s banned: The U.K. and Canada.

For more information on Olestra, visit Time magazine’s visit this link “50 Worst Inventions.”

3. Brominated vegetable oil: Makes food dye stick to liquid, but also may cause birth defects and major organ damage.

Found in: Sports drinks and citrus-flavored sodas.

Why it’s dangerous: Bromine is a chemical used to stop CARPETS FROM CATCHING ON FIRE, so you can see why drinking it may not be the best idea. BVO is linked to major organ system damage, birth defects, growth problems, schizophrenia, and hearing loss.

Where it’s banned: In over 100 countries.

For more info on BVO, visit Web MD’s visit this link “Brominated Vegetable Oil Q&A.”

4. Potassium bromate (or bromated flour): Great for impatient bakers, bad for your kidneys and nervous system.
Potassium bromate (or bromated flour): Great for impatient bakers, bad for your kidneys and nervous system.

Found in: Wraps, rolls, bread crumbs, bagel chips, flat breads.

Why it’s dangerous: Derived from the same harmful chemical as brominated vegetable oil, brominated flour is used to decrease baking time and reduce costs. Only problem is, it’s linked to kidney damage, cancer, and nervous system damage.

Where it’s banned: Europe, Canada, and China.

For more information on potassium bromate, visit Live Science’s “visit this link The Truth About Potassium Bromate.”

5. Azodicarbonamide: Bleaches flour, plastic, and induces asthma as an added bonus.
Azodicarbonamide: Bleaches flour, plastic, and induces asthma as an added bonus.
Found in: Breads, frozen dinners, boxed pasta mixes, and packaged baked goods.

Why it’s dangerous: Used to bleach both flour and FOAMED PLASTIC (yoga mats and sneakers soles), azodicarbonamide has been known to induce asthma.

Where it’s banned: Australia, the U.K., and most European countries.

For more information on azodicarbonamide, visit visit this link Food-u-cate.

6. BHA & BHT: Waxy preservatives linked to cancer and tumors.
BHA & BHT: Waxy preservatives linked to cancer and tumors.
Found in: Cereal, nut mixes, gum, butter, meat, dehydrated potatoes.

Why it’s dangerous: Used to keep food from becoming rancid, BHA and BHT are known to cause cancer in rats. And we’re next!

Where it’s banned: England, Japan, and many other European countries.

For more information on BHT and BHA, visit Berkley Wellness’ visit this link “Two Preservatives To Avoid?”
Source: amazon.com

7. Synthetic growth hormones rBGH and rBST: Harm cows and can give humans brea$t, colon, and prostate cancer.
Found in: Milk and dairy products.

Why it’s dangerous: Growth hormones are bad for cows and people, causing infertility, weakened muscle growth, and a whole array of cancers.

Where it’s banned: Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, and the EU.

For more information on rBGH and rBST, visit the American Cancer Society’svisit this link  info page.

8. Arsenic: Basically this ish will slowly k!ll you.

Found in: Poultry.

Why it’s dangerous: Used as chicken feed to make their meat appear pinker and fresher, arsenic is POISON, which will k!ll you if you ingest enough.

Where it’s banned: The EU.

For more information on arsenic, visit NPR’s visit this link “How Trace Amounts Of Arsenic End Up In Grocery Store Meat.”

152 comments for "Jun 20 - 8 Foods We Eat In The U.S. That Are Banned In Other Countries"

4 years ago '04        #2
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 1910 1910
And then they wonder why our health care system is overburdened and so many Americans are obese and suffering from cancer and other life threatening diseases.

The sh*t we eat is literally k!lling and destroying this nation.
 4 years ago '05        #3
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,321 | Props total: 4754 4754
 matelyan said:
And then they wonder why our health care system is overburdened and so many Americans are obese and suffering from cancer and other life threatening diseases.

Yet the life expectancy in the US is still near the top of the list.
 06-20-2013, 12:16 PM         #4
diggie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
pnoi89

The US is 53rd bro.......FOH

4 years ago '12        #5
Southwick 
space
space
$2,623 | Props total: 398 398
 matelyan said:

Right. And people knock me for being raw or vegan
 4 years ago '12        #6
Southwick 
space
space
$2,623 | Props total: 398 398
 Jayg36 said:
What can we do about it? Rallies have only taken us so far. How can we make ourselves truly heard???
Just change you and your loved one. Can't worry about "we" and "us." 90% of people don't know or care about what is going on.

"You either gon make sh*t happen, watch sh*t happen, or not know what happened" - Joe Budden
 4 years ago '12        #7
wiitPanther 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,773 | Props total: 645 645
Scary sh*t. And this is just 8 items.
 4 years ago '04        #8
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Jayg36 said:
What can we do about it? Rallies have only taken us so far. How can we make ourselves truly heard???
I used to want to change the world one person at a time. I thought I could influence millions and make everything better. Then I grew up and realized that the best thing I could do to influence and create change is to become the change I'd like to see in others in myself.

Now I bike to work, try to eat organic as possible, workout daily and constantly encourage and educate my friends and family.

And hopefully someday others will catch on.
 06-20-2013, 12:52 PM         #9
snoopdoggiz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pnoi89 said:
This

n*ggas want me to stop drinking orange soda and eating fried chicken
 4 years ago '04        #10
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
 snoopdoggiz said:
This

n*ggas want me to stop drinking orange soda and eating fried chicken
Personally, I say consume whatever you want. Just be prepared for the consequences of your actions.

It's Survival of the fittest, not the fattest.
 4 years ago '07        #11
djdeez1211 
space
space
$776 | Props total: 7 7
 matelyan said:
Personally, I say consume whatever you want. Just be prepared for the consequences of your actions.

It's Survival of the fittest, not the fattest.
Then u get hit by a car..or get cancer...worry is the worst k!ller....just eat til u full..then workout later.
 06-20-2013, 01:08 PM         #12
MissTatum 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anything in this world can cause damage.water can k!ll you if you consume too much of it.the air in beijing will k!ll u.i know these are not foods but nothing is safe anymore.to each his own.
 06-20-2013, 01:13 PM         #13
NiteTerroz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What countries???? I travel all of the time and they have most if not all of these products in others countries. Not co-signing this crap(btw Forks Over Knives changed my life) just asking but a lot of countries sell this crap.
 06-20-2013, 01:25 PM         #14
mixtape mutt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I eat everything on that list...but some of the stuff they put in the food is straight disgusting.

Question about the arsenic in chicken...is it all types of chicken (grilled, broiled, baked) or is it just fried chicken?

They found traces of arsenic in Splenda, speaking of which I thought aspartame would make the list.
 4 years ago '07        #15
mrfreak76 700 heat pts700 OP
space
space
$7,148 | Props total: 1365 1365
 wiitPanther said:
Scary sh*t. And this is just 8 items.
 4 years ago '04        #16
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9513 9513
 Jayg36 said:
it's all about the dollar. You can just be conscious of what you buy. If you buy organic, you encourage companies to go organic. I mean most of the sh*t in the chips and soda isles is garbage anyway.

If we got everyone who already buys organic to consciously but non-gmo, that would decrease profits by a ton. The first part is getting the word out. Then it's up to the individuals to use their buying power to invoke change.

pnoi89 said:
It's amazing how long constant doctors visits and being pumped full of prescription drugs can prolong death. Just because we're 53rd doesn't mean that people have good lives. Just means they're rotting away in hospitals longer.

NiteTerroz said:
What countries???? I travel all of the time and they have most if not all of these products in others countries. Not co-signing this crap(btw Forks Over Knives changed my life) just asking but a lot of countries sell this crap.
They may have it, but it's produced differently. There are countries that have Kraft Mac n' Cheese but it's not GMO like it is in the US.

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 06-20-2013 at 01:46 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #17
highcalibermusi 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,737 | Props total: 1596 1596
 Ldogg310 said:
Its all about corporate greed and money.

Until the consumer takes back control of the industry by not buyin the garbage they put out there, nothing will ever change..

As they say money is the rude of all evil.
i agree with you all the way but "rude of evil"?

4 years ago '12        #18
wiitPanther 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,773 | Props total: 645 645
 djdeez1211 said:
just eat til u full
Yknow it takes like 15/20 minutes delay for the brain to realise you're full. So if you keep eating til you're full, you're 15/20 minutes past it.

The american way.
 4 years ago '09        #19
messy marv stan 4536 heat pts4536
space
space
$54,138 | Props total: 67672 67672
the fda says that these chemicals are in our food for health reasons
there shouldnt even be a 1ppm ratio or whatever the fda allowed standard is
 06-20-2013, 03:15 PM         #20
Throbbin' Thicke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is exactly why when I'm hungry I just go outside and eat grass and also berries from bushes. And i drink water straight from the lake by my house. I'm gonna live til 120
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy