Confirmed: Xbox Changing DRM Policies

most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
94 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '06        #61
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
sony strong armed MS into changing their policies..their execs must be mad as fu*k

this is good news for the xbox fans tho based sony says u're welcome

One Gud Cide said:
You left out the fact that the 360 launched a year before the PS3 and since it's launch it's sold more every single month

u mean how the ps3 sold at a faster pace than the 360 and matched, if not surpassed, its sales even with a year less on the market?

if u do, then
 4 years ago '06        #62
edouble2k6 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,529 | Props total: 190 190
Hmm...

Instead of a good counter argument... "And you lost."
 06-19-2013, 03:54 PM         #63
Silver N Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 One Gud Cide said:
Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your a.ssistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the a.ssumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.
game over
 4 years ago '05        #64
Chuck_Remixed 253 heat pts253
space
space
$17,119 | Props total: 3606 3606
If true, Forza and KI here i come
 4 years ago '08        #65
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23333 23333
welp, they canned the family plan where you could share your games.

Hope you n*ggas are happy you can still get that lil fu*k a.ss $25 trade in credit...
 06-19-2013, 03:56 PM         #66
Se7en  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nothing has really changed for me. Was getting the system either way. Im just really glad this wont fu*k with my gamefly
 4 years ago '05        #67
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,088 | Props total: 10772 10772
sharing digital games would have been nice
 06-19-2013, 03:56 PM         #68
LaRy BLanco  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

[pic - click to view]

aight cool, hopefully that family sharing feature still works with digital games
cause if it does R.I.P. to Sony
 4 years ago '05        #69
Trizz187 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,304 | Props total: 105 105
 Chuck_Remixed said:
If true, Forza and KI here i come
each KI character 5.99$ each sold separately enjoy playing as the wolf dude and Jago for free

...I cant hate on forza though does look tuff
 4 years ago '05        #70
Trizz187 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,304 | Props total: 105 105
fu*k if i had 1200 dollars id be set and just cop both
 06-19-2013, 03:57 PM         #71
One Gud Cide  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

4 years ago '11        #72
Xyrax 
space
space
$2,397 | Props total: 2458 2458

[pic - click to view]

bi*ch a.ss dudes did a 180 degree turn on ALL their fu*king policies

bi*ches was SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!
 4 years ago '05        #73
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,905 | Props total: 21051 21051

[pic - click to view]

06-19-2013, 03:58 PM         #74
Cya Nerd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '08        #75
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23333 23333
 LAwLB15 said:

[pic - click to view]

aight cool, hopefully that family sharing feature still works with digital games
They took it out
 4 years ago '05        #76
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,088 | Props total: 10772 10772
 LAwLB15 said:

[pic - click to view]

it doesn't and it won't

I was kind of looking forward to that kind of sh*t
 4 years ago '05        #77
Chuck_Remixed 253 heat pts253
space
space
$17,119 | Props total: 3606 3606
 Trizz187 said:
each KI character 5.99$ each sold separately enjoy playing as the wolf dude and Jago for free

...I cant hate on forza though does look tuff
Nope, the devs of KI said I can pay for the full retail right off the bat so no free sh*t for me. Im paying for the whole game.
 4 years ago '12        #78
majestykagiso 51 heat pts51
space
space
$2,831 | Props total: 511 511
I don't want none of ya'll misinformed flip flopping Xbox One adopters on my game list no doubt! n*ggas took whatever information was fed at them by Sony fans and instead of reading and having foresight, ya'll joined the sh*tting brigade! Where is Pleasure Boy and his statements and trolling?

n*ggas are about to get even more mad now!
 4 years ago '11        #79
MonStar Music 7 heat pts
space
space
$638 | Props total: 0 0

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '10        #80
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,887 | Props total: 21135 21135
*Decides not to cancel that X1preorder*

Microsoft good job

Austin & Chevy y'all deserve lifetime gold passes you two never let up.
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
75 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
39 comments
19 hours ago