Confirmed: Xbox Changing DRM Policies

most viewed right now
 104
Article inside Drake thanks Kanye for writing him 1 of 20 plus songs YE has done for..
172 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 89
Godfather 50 Runs Up On MMA Loser Who Was Talking Smack About Him
112 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 73
Image(s) inside Kanye Says fu-k The Youth Of Chicago.
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 69
Video inside So The Game is on his way to NY to kill Tekashi
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 06-19-2013, 02:44 PM         #41
One Gud Cide  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
1. price was higher - understandable though because kinect is with it and most would be buying the kinect anyway
 5 years ago '05        #42
Trizz187 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$3,310 | Props total: 119 119
 philly337 said:
if it's true no 24 hour check in this sh*t is basically over.....

xbox demolished sony at e3...from what you can do with the kinect, to exclusives, to taking their biggest exclusive in metal gear

the only things that wer negative

1. price was higher - understandable though because kinect is with it and most would be buying the kinect anyway

2. Always online - never understood this

3. Can't play used games - still need more info because it actually sounds better and that you can share a game with 10 of your friends

if true sony really has nothing except the "HOPE" that ps4 blow xbox out of the water in performance because xbox is winning on all ends from exclsuives, online, kinect, controller, and entertainment aspects

MGS5 is also on PS4 thats not an exclusive bruh and its a fair trade in since Mass effect ended up on PS3
 5 years ago '06        #43
philly337 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$30,112 | Props total: 13886 13886
 KiddMischief said:

Xbox Won
wait what? You can play used games too
 5 years ago '05        #44
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
avatar space
space
$47,304 | Props total: 24518 24518
I'm just glad I'll most likely be able to stick with Gamefly.


[pic - click to view]

 5 years ago '04        #45
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
avatar space
space
$9,024 | Props total: 3386 3386
Waiting on Details...
 06-19-2013, 02:46 PM         #46
Se7en  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Krazie said:
I'm just glad I'll most likely be able to stick with Gamefly.


[pic - click to view]

This sh*t right here!

 Explicit said:
And the back tracking continues.

Sony and M$ have no fu*king clue what they are doing or saying.
See I think MS knows what they're doing. They tested the waters with that sh*t and saw the world was not yet ready
 5 years ago '06        #47
philly337 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$30,112 | Props total: 13886 13886
 Trizz187 said:
MGS5 is also on PS4 thats not an exclusive bruh and its a fair trade in since Mass effect ended up on PS3
first off didn't say it was exclusive i said they took sonys exclusive which was the mian reason a lot of people stuck with sony (why i even bought a ps3 because i didn't wanna miss out)

and no it is not the same...timed exclusives like mass effect are just for people who don't have the option..it's still excuslive to microsoft..nobody is waitin 1-2 years to play a game after release..if metal gear is a timed exclusive for ps4...i still consider that eclusive because i'm not waiting a year to cop when i can buy on release for ps4
 5 years ago '05        #48
Trizz187 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$3,310 | Props total: 119 119
 Y.G. said:
B*tch please, the war is over. PS3 had better hardware than the 360 and look where that got Sony. Nowhere. Now shut up and take this L like a man, b*tch.
lets see how paying 500 bucks plus another 60 is gonna work.. 360 won head on cause

1: cheaper than PS3..

Look at the Wii a POS system but because it was cheaper then xbox and ps3 it won

Ya'll aint win sh*t till i see the sales, i still saw more dev logos on PS4s conference than M$ and half of yall "exclusives" are multiplat and three of the ones that really are exclusive are coming to my PC anyhow
 5 years ago '11        #49
bd2eazy 38 heat pts38
space
avatar space
space
$5,199 | Props total: 241 241
what did i say LASt weEK???!?!?!?

u sony f*ggots did all the work for us


[pic - click to view]






SONY LOST ETERNAL.
 5 years ago '06        #50
edouble2k6 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,530 | Props total: 191 191
 Y.G. said:
B*tch please, the war is over. PS3 had better hardware than the 360 and look where that got Sony. Nowhere. Now shut up and take this L like a man, b*tch.
Typical X Box fan boy.

You forgot to mention that the PS3's overall architecture was harder to develop on.

The playing field is even now, but the different is - yup, PS4 still more power and still cheaper.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was Microsoft's plan all along. Making their consumer base "feel" like they won, but still lost in price and hardware.

Enjoy your Kinect
 06-19-2013, 02:48 PM         #51
One Gud Cide  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Trizz187 said:
lets see how paying 500 bucks plus another 60 is gonna work.. 360 won head on cause

1: cheaper than PS3..

Look at the Wii a POS system but because it was cheaper then xbox and ps3 it won

Ya'll aint win sh*t till i see the sales, i still saw more dev logos on PS4s conference than M$ and half of yall "exclusives" are multiplat and three of the ones that really are exclusive are coming to my PC anyhow
You left out the fact that the 360 launched a year before the PS3 and since it's launch it's sold more every single month
 5 years ago '04        #52
Explicit 239 heat pts239
space
avatar space
space
$10,205 | Props total: 2727 2727
 Se7en said:
See I think MS knows what they're doing. They tested the waters with that sh*t and saw the world was not yet ready


Going all in from the start, continuing it last week by telling people to buy a 360 if you can't always be online and don't like DRM to now reverting back policy is not knowing what they are doing.
 06-19-2013, 02:48 PM         #53
One Gud Cide  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your a.ssistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the a.ssumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.
 5 years ago '11        #54
MonStar Music 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$638 | Props total: 0 0
 One Gud Cide said:
Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your a.ssistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the a.ssumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.
What happened to all that innovation and 'pushing home consoles into the future'


Last edited by MonStar Music; 06-19-2013 at 02:51 PM..
 06-19-2013, 02:50 PM         #55
One Gud Cide  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MonStar Music said:
Their site is down and not one person has posted a direct quote from them in this thread
Look up n*gga
 5 years ago '05        #56
HiRolliN 110 heat pts110
space
avatar space
space
$20,857 | Props total: 3137 3137
sony still won e3 week but post e3 MS redeemed them selves lol
 5 years ago '05        #57
Trizz187 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$3,310 | Props total: 119 119
 philly337 said:
first off didn't say it was exclusive i said they took sonys exclusive which was the mian reason a lot of people stuck with sony (why i even bought a ps3 because i didn't wanna miss out)

and no it is not the same...timed exclusives like mass effect are just for people who don't have the option..it's still excuslive to microsoft..nobody is waitin 1-2 years to play a game after release..if metal gear is a timed exclusive for ps4...i still consider that eclusive because i'm not waiting a year to cop when i can buy on release for ps4
Thats not a timed exclusive bro it comes out at the same time on both consoles

Kojima also said when they first announced MGS5 playstation was getting exclusive DLC before Xbox.

Oh yeah remember yall had witcher guess who also gets witcher 3


[video - click to view]


and another of "exclusives"

[video - click to view]



And have fun paying for each KI character seperately
 5 years ago '05        #58
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$42,776 | Props total: 17032 17032
 Trizz187 said:
lets see how paying 500 bucks plus another 60 is gonna work.. 360 won head on cause

1: cheaper than PS3..

Look at the Wii a POS system but because it was cheaper then xbox and ps3 it won

Ya'll aint win sh*t till i see the sales, i still saw more dev logos on PS4s conference than M$ and half of yall "exclusives" are multiplat and three of the ones that really are exclusive are coming to my PC anyhow
You lost.

 edouble2k6 said:
Typical X Box fan boy.

You forgot to mention that the PS3's overall architecture was harder to develop on.

The playing field is even now, but the different is - yup, PS4 still more power and still cheaper.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was Microsoft's plan all along. Making their consumer base "feel" like they won, but still lost in price and hardware.

Enjoy your Kinect
And you lost.
 5 years ago '05        #59
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$42,776 | Props total: 17032 17032
 Trizz187 said:
Thats not a timed exclusive bro it comes out at the same time on both consoles

Kojima also said when they first announced MGS5 playstation was getting exclusive DLC before Xbox.

Oh yeah remember yall had witcher guess who also gets witcher 3



and another of "exclusives"



And have fun paying for each KI character seperately
Everyone aboard the Sony failboat is mad.
 5 years ago '11        #60
MonStar Music 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$638 | Props total: 0 0
Backpedaling at its finest, they were ready to fu*k you xbots and you were willing to take it in the a.ss legs wide open
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 52
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
62 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 43
#bigbreasttwitter
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 32
Article inside He bought a woman drinks. She left him at bar — he broke into her hom..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 32
The Carter III Documentary Waynes Lawyers Didn't Want Us To See! (Addiction,bi..
44 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 32
Is this a real pawg?
28 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 31
audio inside Drake - Duppy Freestyle
1331 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 24
Image(s) inside Duchess is bad af
54 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside May 25 - Why Are California’s Legal Marijuana Sales So Low?
109 comments
21 hours ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy