Yeezus/Born Sinner/Mac Miller HDD first week projections.

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
192 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
113 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
104 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-19-2013, 10:21 PM         #41
Jmax  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I seem to remember Dark Twisted Fantasy selling over half a mil first week, along with the critical acclaim. Yeezus has some amazing tracks but no buzz and sales are pretty muted hovering at the 300k level. Plus critics don't like the album and don't buy the character. I don't even think Kanye believes in this creation all that much, even though there's a few great tracks. Forget being a fan (like I am) for a minute. This album is a bit of a mess, albeit with a few gems.
 4 years ago '12        #42
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,112 | Props total: 15613 15613
 otherside said:
nobody wants to hear an album about her being Ate Out in half her songs
 06-19-2013, 10:55 PM         #43
JayDee11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
How?

His last joint sold 490k and this one bout to sell 400k

Last joint had promo for like 6 months

- GOOD Friday Tracks

- Radio singles

- VMA Performance

- SNL Performance

- Premiering the "Power" video on MTV in Primetime after and episode of "Jersey Shore"

- Controversial cover art that gon banned

- $3.99 price point on Amazon the first week

NO PROMO on this joint.. This is a great success..
No promo? Duke had the attention of millions of people on social media. Then he had the attention of millions while performing multiple songs on SNL. The ridiculous amount of press that followed his face plastering performance. His Governors Ball performance? The ridiculous amount of articles that was promoting the release. Complex, Rolling Stone, Forbes, New York Times. Come on. Anybody who interest in Kanye, had more than enough opportunities to be enlightened about this release. Duke didn't wake up one day, meet with the label, and have his disc in stores the next.
 4 years ago '07        #44
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
cole 290-315
 4 years ago '10        #45
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 JayDee11 said:
No promo? Duke had the attention of millions of people on social media. Then he had the attention of millions while performing multiple songs on SNL. The ridiculous amount of press that followed his face plastering performance. His Governors Ball performance? The ridiculous amount of articles that was promoting the release. Complex, Rolling Stone, Forbes, New York Times. Come on. Anybody who interest in Kanye, had more than enough opportunities to be enlightened about this release. Duke didn't wake up one day, meet with the label, and have his disc in stores the next.
Go look up the term "Promo" and get back to me...

Of all the things you mentioned, none of them count as promo besides SNL and maybe Governors Ball (which I shouldn't even give you because it's not even televised)

Promo is what the artist and label do proactively to promote their product.

So because his lack of promotion and secrecy sparked people to speculate about the album on social media, that means he had promo?

Let me guess Ye promo team was writing the articles too?

Just because people gravitated towards the album naturally, doesn't mean there was promo..

The Promo on this album was NO PROMO.. The less you give people (of an anticipated release), the more they want and want to know. As proven with this album release.
 4 years ago '06        #46
SM 38163 heat pts38163
space
space
$127,792 | Props total: 67098 67098
 06-19-2013, 11:35 PM         #47
JayDee11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
Go look up the term "Promo" and get back to me...

Of all the things you mentioned, none of them count as promo besides SNL and maybe Governors Ball (which I shouldn't even give you because it's not even televised)

Promo is what the artist and label do proactively to promote their product.

So because his lack of promotion and secrecy sparked people to speculate about the album on social media, that means he had promo?

Let me guess Ye promo team was writing the articles too?

Just because people gravitated towards the album naturally, doesn't mean there was promo..

The Promo on this album was NO PROMO.. The less you give people (of an anticipated release), the more they want and want to know. As proven with this album release.
You're playing corny a.ss games right now. Promo derives from promotion.

To promote - Give publicity to (a product, organization, or venture) so as to increase sales or public awareness.

Every avenue I listed did exactly was is considered promotion. Your original post said nothing about promo from the label. We both know it was in regards to promo in general but you flipped the script when the obvious publicity was presented before you. Kanye isn't a new artist. He's a supposed "superstar" so when the general public is being informed of your release, blaming the dip in sales on a lack of label and artist "promo" is laughable (especially when the promo was obviously there). There is no way that his fanbase, or consumers in general, were unaware of this release. If the "less you give people the more they want" theory was logical, this album wouldn't be on pace to sell 100k+ less than his last solo. If that is the theory you're running with, why are you using lack of "promo" to defend the drop in sales? If Kanye's next album releases out of thin air, then you can use the "no promo" stance. Using it now, is asinine.
 4 years ago '10        #48
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 195 195
 Jmax said:
I seem to remember Dark Twisted Fantasy selling over half a mil first week, along with the critical acclaim. Yeezus has some amazing tracks but no buzz and sales are pretty muted hovering at the 300k level. Plus critics don't like the album and don't buy the character. I don't even think Kanye believes in this creation all that much, even though there's a few great tracks. Forget being a fan (like I am) for a minute. This album is a bit of a mess, albeit with a few gems.
Critics are actually loving the album...mostly because it's so sonically different. There are moments of brillance (blood on the leaves) but also segments just downright awful and unlistenable imo.

The main reason I give it a pass is how it manages to blend many different genres. But just because an album tries so hard to be different doesn't mean it's actually a good album.

Jack of all trades, master of none.
 4 years ago '10        #49
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 JayDee11 said:
You're playing corny a.ss games right now. Promo derives from promotion.

To promote - Give publicity to (a product, organization, or venture) so as to increase sales or public awareness.

Every avenue I listed did exactly was is considered promotion. Your original post said nothing about promo from the label. We both know it was in regards to promo in general but you flipped the script when the obvious publicity was presented before you. Kanye isn't a new artist. He's a supposed "superstar" so when the general public is being informed of your release, blaming the dip in sales on a lack of label and artist "promo" is laughable (especially when the promo was obviously there). There is no way that his fanbase, or consumers in general, were unaware of this release. If the "less you give people the more they want" theory was logical, this album wouldn't be on pace to sell 100k+ less than his last solo. If that is the theory you're running with, why are you using lack of "promo" to defend the drop in sales? If Kanye's next album releases out of thin air, then you can use the "no promo" stance. Using it now, is asinine.
Guy get all the way the fu*k out of here..

First, EVERYTHING in my OG post was planned by Ye and the label.. Tell me one thing that wasnt

Second, how am I complaining about the sales when I already said I'm impressed and amazed by them, based on the lack of promo.

Third
 4 years ago '11        #50
Jaymalls 58 heat pts58
space
space
$3,932 | Props total: 364 364
 TheMindOf said:
Guy get all the way the fu*k out of here..

First, EVERYTHING in my OG post was planned by Ye and the label.. Tell me one thing that wasnt

Second, how am I complaining about the sales when I already said I'm impressed and amazed by them, based on the lack of promo.

Third
A wise man said not to argue with fools.... u know the rest!
 4 years ago '04        #51
TrueWest_1 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,937 | Props total: 198 198
Mac Miller at 100k? That bum is really moving units like that??

4 years ago '05        #52
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,333 | Props total: 1658 1658
 TheMindOf said:
None.

That was the point.
No, he was trying to imply that Ye could've outsold Cole by a larger margin if he was willing to promote the album. I disagree. If people really knew what was in Yeezus I guarantee you it wouldn't have sold as much. Not because it's a bad album, but again, because it's polarising.
 4 years ago '10        #53
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
wait hold on, people are making excuses for kanye

he's the hottest rapper in the game and been on the radio for the past three years lmao

dude flopped hard.
 4 years ago '10        #54
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 theblast22 said:
wait hold on, people are making excuses for kanye

he's the hottest rapper in the game and been on the radio for the past three years lmao

dude flopped hard.
What excuses? These numbers are great

How is the biggest rap debut of the year, without promo, a flop?

Lil Wayne (the biggest rapper in the world according to BX) dropped this year with Billboard top 10 single and still aint do half of Ye's numbers

What are you, retarded?

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #55
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,370 | Props total: 6390 6390
kanye didn't have zero promo. zero would of been him announcing it like the week before then dropping it out of the sky.

snl and them projections was promoting the album.
 4 years ago '06        #56
1OverJordan24 123 heat pts123
space
space
$3,953 | Props total: 1001 1001
nas and j cole lost
 4 years ago '13        #57
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
Mac Miller

His album was okay but he is still to corny imo.
 4 years ago '12        #58
Boo The Fool 12 heat pts12
space
space
$16,390 | Props total: 5652 5652
 bmanbman said:
No single/radio/pre orders.

this.....moving units on word of mouth and hype alone
 06-20-2013, 03:44 PM         #59
purelogic  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Boo The Fool said:
this.....moving units on word of mouth and hype alone
seriously, I ain't even know he had a album coming out until like that snl performance less than 30 days ago

4 years ago '04        #60
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,120 | Props total: 4418 4418
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
Kelly!
she s3xy thats all, no one wants to hear her sing tho
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
257 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
306 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Bortles on Seahawks: "We beat the crap out of them for 60 minutes"
93 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy