J. Cole Going In

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '12        #81
WhosIt 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,624 | Props total: 1150 1150
 STAY ASLEEP said:
i didnt even get halfway thru born sinner and i was bored as fu*k and turned it off. honestly, he's dam lucky i took the time out of my busy a.ss day to steal that sh*t for free.

coles whole flow screams "hear that? im popular. Like me. Play me on the radio." its way forced... sounds like he's trying too hard. Add to that, he's fu*kin dead last in the minimalist artwork race. Plus it really comes across as low key kendrick biting. K dot comes out with a smash single "i am a sinner, probly gonna sin again..." Next u know cole is naming his album born sinner. Its not a coincedence. There are no coincedences. (I think i butchered the fu*k outta that word)

And he goes on rants like this all the time. He acts like he's entitled to something. Gtfoh with ur rappity rapping a.ss.
Lol wtf you reaching
 06-19-2013, 07:04 PM         #82
the player 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DR JAYY said:
he about to sell 200k though
projected...
 4 years ago '11        #83
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 WhosIt said:
Lol wtf you reaching
He said himself he didn't hear even half of the album. Nothing dude says about this topic holds any weight now
 4 years ago '04        #84
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,325 | Props total: 414 414
 illmatix said:
bi*ching on twitter is fu*kin up hip hop
 4 years ago '04        #85
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,325 | Props total: 414 414
 Illstreet said:
Or not ... From the same rant:

chance the rapper
 06-19-2013, 07:45 PM         #86
starving 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cole > K.Dot (unique delivery and a general understanding of rhyme schemes does not make you better than a rapper that weaves entire stories in songs like cole imho) > Drake (... he's a pop star man.. he hasnt been a hip hop artist since so far gone why is this still a conversation?)

not really feeling the twitter route for venting though.. I don't even fu*king have a twitter so maybe i'm just old...

I've had the Ye' album on repeat without skipping for a good week or so now, and it's grown on me but definitely not up to par with Cole's album so I guess I understand his frustrations.

PS- for everyone who thinks cole is boring most likely just doesnt relate to his stories, or just don't really understand lyrics and rewinds wayne verses to catch a simple linear rhyme scheme and overused metaphors..
 4 years ago '07        #87
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
Puttin special emphasis on first week sales alone is idiotic when there are so many variables involved with putting out an album and deciding how good or bad it is. Sales could pick up over time, marketing has to be just right, the artists/labels can't always predict thewhether or not the target market will actually support or just d/l the music. We need to stop judgin music based on shallow and immature things and keep it real and go by what the artists is trying to do artistically.

It's like when Pac talked about emphasis being placed on all the media n tabloid sh*t and not the music. It's cuz all you motherfu*kas is stupid.
 4 years ago '11        #88
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 STAY ASLEEP said:
suit yourself... i didn't come in here to hate so i ain't gonna go back and forth about it. but again, i think i bring up some very very interesting points.
You're complaining about something you haven't even listened to in full. Your "interesting points" are nullified by this
 4 years ago '05        #89
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1668 1668
 starving said:
Cole > K.Dot (unique delivery and a general understanding of rhyme schemes does not make you better than a rapper that weaves entire stories in songs like cole imho) > Drake (... he's a pop star man.. he hasnt been a hip hop artist since so far gone why is this still a conversation?)

not really feeling the twitter route for venting though.. I don't even fu*king have a twitter so maybe i'm just old...

I've had the Ye' album on repeat without skipping for a good week or so now, and it's grown on me but definitely not up to par with Cole's album so I guess I understand his frustrations.

PS- for everyone who thinks cole is boring most likely just doesnt relate to his stories, or just don't really understand lyrics and rewinds wayne verses to catch a simple linear rhyme scheme and overused metaphors..
Agreed. By the way, nice watch. Got the same one!
 4 years ago '07        #90
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
Also, how can anyone in their right mind llike the beats on Yeezus? They sound like special ed noise thrown together within a week made just to stand out. Attention whoring at its finest masked bya veil of being 'artsy'. The only people who d!ckride sh*t like this pride themselves on being elitests because they carry some type of chip on their shoulders. The lyrics are ssome of the sh*ttiest I've ever heard from Kanye. This album is another example of judging music on the wrong merits.
 06-19-2013, 08:51 PM         #91
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
Cole is usually comes off as a cool humble guy but I believe just like every other rapper/artist he has a ego , his has just been hidden away and now it's slowly starting to show.

A combination of Ye and Jay stealing his thunder also with not as great of reviews as he expected probably got him feeling some type of way right now.

Too many heavyweights dropping this year, Cole isn't gonna get the attention/acclaim he expected.
All being humble does is get you overlooked. If a n*gga got talent, they obviously know they have talent so why be humble when youre being looked ova n the arrogant n*ggas gettin the attention. Only way to get acknowledged is to do exactly what he's doin nw. Some might call it bi*chin but fu*k it. Mfs a pay attention nw
 4 years ago '13        #92
Thetinman 24 heat pts24
space
space
$2,758 | Props total: 49 49
"I'm a man of the people, not above but equal." - J.Cole

"I am a God" - Yeezus"
 4 years ago '05        #93
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
 regularjoe said:

You notice no one said he was wrong.... they just want to talk sh*t about him. Damn near the definition of hating.
Pretty much. Stanning/hating is at an all time high in this thread
 4 years ago '04        #94
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,269 | Props total: 2840 2840
50 saved Cole Summer
 4 years ago '05        #95
bigwillieiii 2 heat pts
space
space
$466 | Props total: 199 199
^^^^^^ Agreed
 4 years ago '08        #96
cspade 
space
space
$119 | Props total: 4 4
Kanye's album is hip hop, you have to smarter, all the bs out there that sounds the same is boring. Nobody ever questions Outkast. Outkast is Hip Hop but not lame and boring, it's different. Different is Hip Hop. Hip Hop can be anything as long as the basic principles are the same. J-Cole could be any other artist out there. He's a side rapper. Kanye is average too as a rapper but his producing, ideas and arrangements are above average. J-Cole is Hip Hop but it's hip hop 5 to 10 years ago. Music grows, you have to grow with it. You have to take chances. Hip hop started as rebellion and doing our own thing, against the grain. People didn't care what people thought. Now it's more about image and promotion of average music clowns. They pump J-cole up and a lot of these other basic rappers, playing them on the radio a thousand times and throwing them in your face until they are stuck in your head. You start to like it because of familiarity. The first listen is the truest, not after you've heard it a million times. You know you don't like that sh*t. I listened to J-Cole's Born Sinner and he sounds a lot like The Game. Mentioning other rappers all the damn time trying to suck up and ish. Like how great they are. Just cause we like them and you mention them won't make me like you more. You suck n*gga. I turned it off half-way through. Hip Hop does not always sound the same, Hip Hop is a state of mind and words in a way that speaks to hip hop heads all over the world. So, to J-Cole, nothing is f*cking up hip hop, Nas thought hip hop was dead too, but it never will be, there will always be some kids cooking up beats in his room or some kid rapping at the dinner table or some kid rhyming at his high school talent show or some kid going hard on youtube. Hip Hop will never die or slow down, there is always hip hop and the radio aint always where it's at. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there, just because you don't hear doesn't mean it's not being sung. J-Cole STFU #Longlivehiphop
 06-19-2013, 11:33 PM         #97
starving 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Left Hook said:
Agreed. By the way, nice watch. Got the same one!

Haha that's whats good man, I love diver's watches.. trying to get a gold Hamilton next with leather bands
 4 years ago '12        #98
WhosIt 3 heat pts
space
space
 STAY ASLEEP said:
thats the kicker. i'm not reaching.
I just find it odd you can have a complete judgement on the album when you haven't heard the whole thing? Doesn't really make sense, and that whole sh*t about him making a statement on his rap about being here on famous now, he's really been rapping the same just polished, I've followed him since the come up(no pun intended)
 4 years ago '12        #99
WhosIt 3 heat pts
space
space
 Thetinman said:
"I'm a man of the people, not above but equal." - J.Cole

"I am a God" - Yeezus"
Yep sums it up right here
 4 years ago '04        #100
Mikkey 
space
space
$189 | Props total: 3 3
 Socialconscious said:
So pretty much you want Wayne. You are what is wrong with Hip Hop nowadays. Too worried about what a dude got on instead of what he's saying. I don't just respect Cole as an artist but as an man. Look what he does for his community. How many rappers go to highschools and colleges and tell them folks to follow their dreams? To get educated and reach beyond what their limitations. One of his most stand out lines to me is from Lil Ghetto n*gga:

"Young n*ggas emulate what's coming out the speakers/So everything we learn came from rappers, not teachers/ Cause if we can't relate, then how the hell you gonna reach us?"

You think that's not relative to the black community right now? But oh no, he not swagged out enough for you. His lyrics eh, but if he was Kanye then his lyrics wouldn't matter. I've seen that said in Kanye's posts. The problem yall haters face is that yall used to the beats drowning out the lyrics. Cole tailors his beats to his lyrics, so they take center stage.

That Ether...that sh*t that make you soul burn slow..
Home      

most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now