Steph Kegels
63 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
20 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
231 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '10        #121
Walmart 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,908 | Props total: 9059 9059
Charlegmagne spoke the truth

He might be on his soapbox too much, but he's right
 4 years ago '07        #122
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,915 | Props total: 573 573
 dlettern said:
He never chastised corporations. He chastised their influence on art. That point has gone over everyone's heads.

His point is pretty obvious considering that Jay Z is now ushering in a new era in music. One where corporate sponsors will support artists therefore impose their influence on said artists to appeal to a broader demographic. Kanye's protest is valid, idiots. It has nothing to do with how he spends his money.
dont break anything down for these plebeians
 4 years ago '11        #123
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
Said everything I been saying, and Im not a fan of this clown either. Again kanye talking bout new slaves is a fairytale rap like rozay and pusha t yell
 4 years ago '04        #124
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,815 | Props total: 1847 1847
 StateProperty88 said:
"i aint even going to act holier than though cause fu*k it, i went to jacob with 25 thou, before i had a house and i'll do it again, cause i wanna be on 106 and park, pushing a benz, i wanna act baller-ific like its all terrific, i got a couple a past-due bills i wont get specific, i got a problem with spending before i get it, we all self-conscious im just the first to admit it"

this is why i dont see it as complaining (and why i completely disagree with char comments about this being contradictory). kanye's sentiments have stayed relatively the same throughout. it just looks like now more people are taking notice

he has admitted to being a "new slave" way before he made the song for it

so to me its not a matter of him rapping about one thing or doing another or him being a "walking contradiction", its more about the constant back and forth battle that most if not ALL OF US HAVE, the f!ght over what we want and what we want to be. good vs. evil, self conscious vs sub conscious

whether its i get around or dear mama
is black girl lost or shorty owe you for ice

You're right with Kanye being a bit contradictory from the beginning but back then was nothing like it is now. Back then it was like he was in the doorway with a foot in each room. Which was somewhat obvious but excusable to most because at least he was honest and somewhat apologetic about it in his admission of it. Nowadays he's in one room chilling with one crowd while he's being broadcasted through a monitor to the other room with a different crowd. Talking shyt about the people that are in the other room with him while he's enjoying all the joys of their party. There's a point where you have to draw a line.

As far as Dear Mama and I get Around , I dont see how those contradict, In one he's talking about his love for his mom and in the other he's talking about how he likes to party and have s3x with women. I dont really see how that's contradictory ??

Matt504 said:

where is Kanye saying that he hates the "White man"... where is all this racism against White people from Kanye and where can I find it?

It's not racism against all white people, Kanye isn't that stupid to come out and blatantly say something like that when most of the people who buy his albums are probably white.

Though alot of times he a.ssociates race with the "industry" powers that he constantly complains about mistreating him. If you're able to read between the lines you can pretty much figure out his sentiments on it pretty easily.

The point is not soley based on being white though, he's complaining about corporations (who he obviously alludes to the guys in charge as being white) so he expresses this disdain towards these corporations (which happen to be run by white people as Kanye which Kanye makes a constant point to emphasize) but yet he's still partying it up and happily doing with business with these corporations....that just happen to be filled and ran by the same racist white people that Kanye was complaining about.

Last edited by psylence2k; 06-19-2013 at 12:03 PM..
 4 years ago '11        #125
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
 dlettern said:
Kanye never once said he hates White people. He's with a White woman. He has a half White baby. Are people serious with this sh*t?.....

White people like it when Black people are quiet and not verbal. They prefer us to act like monkeys in videos perpetuating every single stereotype....yet they don't find that racist. They prefer Kanye rap about gold diggers rather than new slaves. They fear a conscious Black man
What's to fear when you work side by side with them with no ownership.
Again the all inclusive but autonomous movement needs to be in effect.

Remember white people love to make the majority of the chipper Jones off a brothas work more than anything. He can say slick sh*t as long as there getting paid, when the ends dry up, they'll dmx his a.ss yell
 4 years ago '04        #126
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 honestabe said:
not that serious and hes a leo dumbass

Birth name: Kanye Omari West

Born: June 8, 1977 (age 36)

" Cuz Im a Gemini with two sides and two rides " @ 1:05

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #127
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
 bigbarcelona said:
Charmalagne sounds like he was straight hating... Plus lets be honest, when it comes to walking contradiction that n*gga takes the cake. From proclaiming that if Weezy will die he'll become one of the greats, to talking sh*t about Cassie but turned straight hoe on Diddy, that n*gga should know what contradiction is all about and he the same n*gga d!ck riding Wayne, but has the nerve to complaint when people do that for Ye. fu*k that n*gga, he for the most part sounded salty and contradicting as fu*k... When he the same n*gga talking sh*t to females on his show but turned hoe when Gucci came on the show.
 CentsCuZ said:
He clearly missed the point of "New Slaves". The song was about the subconscious inability to stop trying to satisfy the desire to have what corporate America dictates, not about the conscious choice to buy something. So, it's not about choice. Kanye's whole point is you have no choice to become a slave whether it's to pick cotton, to buy something, or whatever else, because society has overwhelmed your conscious self.
 dlettern said:
He never chastised corporations. He chastised their influence on art. That point has gone over everyone's heads.

His point is pretty obvious considering that Jay Z is now ushering in a new era in music. One where corporate sponsors will support artists therefore impose their influence on said artists to appeal to a broader demographic. Kanye's protest is valid, idiots. It has nothing to do with how he spends his money.
 06-19-2013, 12:25 PM         #128
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 box5 said:
What's to fear when you work side by side with them with no ownership.
Again the all inclusive but autonomous movement needs to be in effect.

Remember white people love to make the majority of the chipper Jones off a brothas work more than anything. He can say slick sh*t as long as there getting paid, when the ends dry up, they'll dmx his a.ss yell
Huh?....how is that a retort to my post? So in your opinion its better to play house negro and not say a word?.....Whatever man
 4 years ago '06        #129
KFrizzle 296 heat pts296
space
space
$5,859 | Props total: 143 143
Just like how these rich a.ss rappers join the Occupy movement...

they do everything for publicity and money... care about nothing else...
 06-19-2013, 12:39 PM         #130
kevante 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People in this thread don't know how pragmatism works. It's not all or nothing
 4 years ago '12        #131
FreshBeatzBx 32 heat pts32
space
space
space
$5,167 | Props total: 6 6
 InnanetGsRunSht said:
I ain't trying to come at you or nothing but he was a grown man when he said that sh*t. Charlamagne is from South Carolina and is a street n*gga. To me, not that it means sh*t, but there is no excuse for saying those things.
I feel you, he's more of an ex street n*gga tho. I could see how u could feel a way about this but me personally I'm not gonna hold a grudge about it. I'm sure if it was brought to his attention about this interview he did & about Jeezy being his favorite rapper he'd admit he was wrong
 06-19-2013, 01:38 PM         #132
Niruggg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i agree with Charlamagne
 Root Of Evil said:
or like pac sayin 2pac cares if dont nobody else care then engaging in r*pe

In the ensuing trial, Shakur was found innocent of seven counts of sodomy and other charges, however he was found guilty of s3xual abuse for the "unwanted touching of the buttocks"

fu3k you ni55a
 askifan04 said:
Hope Kanye made some money off this commercial - lol

I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER SEEN SO MANY BLACK PEOPLE IN AN AIRLINE COMMERCIAL

dlettern said:
Kanye never once said he hates White people. He's with a White woman. He has a half White baby. Are people serious with this sh*t?.....

White people like it when Black people are quiet and not verbal. They prefer us to act like monkeys in videos perpetuating every single stereotype....yet they don't find that racist. They prefer Kanye rap about gold diggers rather than new slaves. They fear a conscious Black man
so kim is white?

Last edited by Niruggg; 06-19-2013 at 02:18 PM..
 06-19-2013, 03:27 PM         #133
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Niruggg said:
i agree with Charlamagne

In the ensuing trial, Shakur was found innocent of seven counts of sodomy and other charges, however he was found guilty of s3xual abuse for the "unwanted touching of the buttocks"

fu3k you ni55a

I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER SEEN SO MANY BLACK PEOPLE IN AN AIRLINE COMMERCIAL

so kim is white?
Armenians aren't White? If not, what are they?
 4 years ago '13        #134
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38467 38467
Kim K Armenian (dad side) and Persian (from her moms side).

Persians are indeed Caucasians, call a Persaina middle eastern and see what happens to u
 4 years ago '05        #135
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 psylence2k said:
You're right with Kanye being a bit contradictory from the beginning but back then was nothing like it is now. Back then it was like he was in the doorway with a foot in each room. Which was somewhat obvious but excusable to most because at least he was honest and somewhat apologetic about it in his admission of it. Nowadays he's in one room chilling with one crowd while he's being broadcasted through a monitor to the other room with a different crowd. Talking shyt about the people that are in the other room with him while he's enjoying all the joys of their party. There's a point where you have to draw a line.

As far as Dear Mama and I get Around , I dont see how those contradict, In one he's talking about his love for his mom and in the other he's talking about how he likes to party and have s3x with women. I dont really see how that's contradictory ??

fair enough...i thought of the wrong title

more like

"keep your head up or i get around"

thats better
 4 years ago '13        #136
space
space
Pac wasn't blaming the white man

Ironically Pac describes Kanye West perfectly in this interview, the difference is Pac was able to explain his thoughts and express himself and not cry like a bi*ch and throw tantrums. Kanye isn't very eloquent, he's like a 35 year old teenager

"I believe as soon as any black man receives his first 3 cheques he starts getting mad"

"You don't care no more about the smiles and the the yes master, cuz u got paid"

"These problems don't come from a white man, they come from society"

[video - click to view]

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 06-19-2013 at 03:52 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #137
space
space
 HipHopFactz said:
Pac wasn't blaming the white man

Ironically Pac describes Kanye West perfectly in this interview, the difference is Pac was able to explain his thoughts and express himself and not cry like a bi*ch and throw tantrums. Kanye isn't very eloquent, he's like a 35 year old teenager

"I believe as soon as any black man receives his first 3 cheques he starts getting mad"

"You don't care no more about the smiles and the the yes master, cuz u got paid"

"These problems don't come from a white man, they come from society"

how said anything about pac blaming the white man?
 4 years ago '04        #138
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
fair enough...i thought of the wrong title

more like

"keep your head up or i get around"

thats better
but still, saying women shouldn't be r*ped, abused , abandoned is contradictory from saying I like to party and have s3x with women ??
 4 years ago '05        #139
space
space
 psylence2k said:
but still, saying women shouldn't be r*ped, abused , abandoned is contradictory from saying I like to party and have s3x with women ??
talking about how we should cherish our women and respect our women is contridicts saying you get around and like fu*king other women...unless you are going to try to deal in semantics and say thats not what "i get around" is about?

edit: talking about not abandoned women and then talking about one night stands isnt contradictory at all to you? come on homie
 4 years ago '13        #140
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
how said anything about pac blaming the white man?
Kanye seems to direct his hate to white folks, and the media and cries about getting pimped by cooperation's and how he doesn't like it.

Like Pac said everyone gets pimped, it's not about if you get pimped, it's how long you get pimped for until ur in a position to help ur people.

If you don't like cooperation's and media attention then move out of the public eye, detach urself away from publicity stunts and became a recluse, like Sade did, like Kate Bush did and like Prince did for a period of time.

If Kanye really cares about his "people" and wants to see change, then use the money from these cooperation's to do something for society.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
8 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
192 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
58 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy