Charlamagne: Kanye's a Walking Contradiction Now

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
84 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
142 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-19-2013, 02:09 AM         #101
Rendition 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its true

im not listening to kanye talking about the new slaves like im not listening to Yung Berg talking about robbing somebody..
 4 years ago '04        #102
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
$16,551 | Props total: 2656 2656
yaw muhfu*kin white people boa i tell u
 4 years ago '04        #103
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
$16,551 | Props total: 2656 2656
 Demac said:
I think some of you guys need to log off and read a few books like Freedom From The Known by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Are Prisons Obsolete by Angela Davis, and The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander. We really don't have choices. We have options between bad and worst. Choice is a illusion in America. Our school system doesn't promote knowledge of self, the school system focuses on making sure we can perform tasks well enough to function in the work force. We are taught to go to school, get married, than get a house which all lead to debt...to pay for the debt we must work. The common American is no more than a indentured servant, trying to rid themselves of debt until they die. Like it or not, we are slaves. We follow man made rules, and don't question anything.
they white so they think the "crackas" on they side.

civil war basically made black men equal to white men so they could enslave them all. the American dream. the same 10 families who ran sh*t then, run sh*t now. u work for the same mfs yo great granddaddy did under a different umbrella
 4 years ago '08        #104
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,107 | Props total: 23322 23322
I aint fu*ked with Kanye music like that since Graduation.
 06-19-2013, 06:53 AM         #105
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k a Charlamagne....This dude making videos like people actually care about his stupid opinion....

Everyone on Earth is a walking contradiction. Just look at Pac. Dude rapped about respecting women one minute then rapped about treating girls like hoes in the next. All artists do it because they are struggling with the duality of the good lives they want to live and the ratchet lives they find themselves in. This donkey wouldn't know that cuz ever since he was Wendy Williams' flunky dude just rode coattails
 4 years ago '08        #106
centercourt 
space
space
$152 | Props total: 20 20
 4 years ago '07        #107
zynnlahh 
space
space
space
$1,871 | Props total: 816 816
Real spit
 4 years ago '05        #108
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,904 | Props total: 30153 30153
that album is a.ss sauce
 4 years ago '08        #109
GoldBluded 536 heat pts536
space
space
$17,868 | Props total: 22582 22582
Kanye been on this pro black sh*t since his first album

Edit: i guess Kendrick on that same sh*t contradiction sh*t

[video - click to view]

pHoTyPHoToN 3 months ago
"we all vanity slaves, with that being said can somebody please tell me where the mall at" Vanity Slaves
"I am a sinner who's probably gonna sin again, Lord forgive me" - bi*ch don't k!ll my vibe

Last edited by GoldBluded; 06-19-2013 at 09:34 AM..
 4 years ago '05        #110
kingkolby 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,367 | Props total: 97 97
 DoubleD said:
name a rapper that doesn't contradict themselves
I agree but to take it further. Name a person that doesnt contridict themselves?
 4 years ago '05        #111
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,881 | Props total: 8403 8403
 psylence2k said:
Bottom line for the Kanye stans that dont get it is that Kanye keeps complaining about the "industry" and the "white man" and how he hates them and they keep abusing him

yet

he's obviously still going into these meetings with a big smile on his face closing more and more deals where the "white man" probably makes $4 off him for every $1 he makes.

His music is on some rebellious afro-centric shyt yet everything about his lifestyle is the opposite ( he spends all his money on euro-centric luxury goods, all his time at euro-centric fashion shows, keeps name dropping corporate brands in his music, trying to keep up with the kardashians)

this man IDOLIZES euro-centric culture obsessively in his life and on half of his music but on the other half he wants to "rage against the machine" and "uplift his community" , even if you think that's not contradictory, you have to admit it's counter productive. It's like someone trying to run a farm in Kansas while living in a penthouse in Manhattan.
"i aint even going to act holier than though cause fu*k it, i went to jacob with 25 thou, before i had a house and i'll do it again, cause i wanna be on 106 and park, pushing a benz, i wanna act baller-ific like its all terrific, i got a couple a past-due bills i wont get specific, i got a problem with spending before i get it, we all self-conscious im just the first to admit it"

this is why i dont see it as complaining (and why i completely disagree with char comments about this being contradictory). kanye's sentiments have stayed relatively the same throughout. it just looks like now more people are taking notice

he has admitted to being a "new slave" way before he made the song for it

so to me its not a matter of him rapping about one thing or doing another or him being a "walking contradiction", its more about the constant back and forth battle that most if not ALL OF US HAVE, the f!ght over what we want and what we want to be. good vs. evil, self conscious vs sub conscious

whether its i get around or dear mama
is black girl lost or shorty owe you for ice
 4 years ago '04        #112
gh3tto 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,065 | Props total: 677 677
Its pretty simple to me. You cannot nickname yourself the louis vuitton don one minute then the next chastise corporations. There has to be a segue where you convey that at some point you had an epiphany and you discover your mistep. Bonus points for apologizing for perpetuating peoples gross overspending and consumerism by his lyrics.
 06-19-2013, 09:43 AM         #113
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gh3tto said:
Its pretty simple to me. You cannot nickname yourself the louis vuitton don one minute then the next chastise corporations. There has to be a segue where you convey that at some point you had an epiphany and you discover your mistep. Bonus points for apologizing for perpetuating peoples gross overspending and consumerism by his lyrics.
He never chastised corporations. He chastised their influence on art. That point has gone over everyone's heads.

His point is pretty obvious considering that Jay Z is now ushering in a new era in music. One where corporate sponsors will support artists therefore impose their influence on said artists to appeal to a broader demographic. Kanye's protest is valid, idiots. It has nothing to do with how he spends his money.
 06-19-2013, 09:48 AM         #114
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Matt504 said:

where is Kanye saying that he hates the "White man"... where is all this racism against White people from Kanye and where can I find it?
Kanye never once said he hates White people. He's with a White woman. He has a half White baby. Are people serious with this sh*t?.....

White people like it when Black people are quiet and not verbal. They prefer us to act like monkeys in videos perpetuating every single stereotype....yet they don't find that racist. They prefer Kanye rap about gold diggers rather than new slaves. They fear a conscious Black man
 4 years ago '05        #115
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,881 | Props total: 8403 8403
 dlettern said:
Kanye never once said he hates White people. He's with a White woman. He has a half White baby. Are people serious with this sh*t?.....

White people like it when Black people are quiet and not verbal. They prefer us to act like monkeys in videos perpetuating every single stereotype....yet they don't find that racist. They prefer Kanye rap about gold diggers rather than new slaves. They fear a conscious Black man
im bout to air sh*t out, now what the fu*k they gonna say now?
 4 years ago '04        #116
getyagameup 24 heat pts24
space
space
$4,044 | Props total: 27 27
i hear what son is saying. don't like the yeezus album like that. i think cole is k!lling son. better quality music. plus i think kanye is full of sh*t.
 4 years ago '09        #117
GoodMoney 
space
space
space
$53 | Props total: 0 0
We don't have a choice now. Can you still eat without making money? Can you have a roof over your head without money? In America? We are new slaves. Money is the master.
 4 years ago '04        #118
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,111 | Props total: 289 289
lol at people not understanding the music

new slaves is supposed to be inpsirational

to tell you fu*k n*ggas to stop buyin ciroc, moscato and makin it rain at the local strip club
(but complain about child support taxin they a.ss)

tell you n*ggas to be slaves to ur "j's" and "snapbacks"

it's aight tho u wake up 30 and broke, bein the coolest guy on facebook you'll know why
 4 years ago '04        #119
sabret00the 
space
space
$991 | Props total: 275 275
Yeezus is the only Kanye album I've liked. Black Skinhead, New Slaves and Bound 2 are the worst tracks on the album.
 4 years ago '05        #120
BigBent06 
space
space
$236 | Props total: 0 0
He is 100% right on everything he said.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
152 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
50 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
96 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy