Yeezus Production AND Writer's Credit's

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #101
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,180 | Props total: 1067 1067
 HipHopFactz said:
All those writers and all they could come up with was some ABC lyrics

Either dudes scared to speak up and tell the truth to Kanygay or they simply don't give a fu*k about him
well... when you're ghost writing for somebody, you have to cater to their style... you can't just be on some "spiritual lyrical miracle" type sh*t if that's not what the artist is about...

i'm pretty sure Cyhi, Fonzworth, Malik Yusef, and Rhymefest wrote some verses, Kanye proof-read them, made whatever changes he wanted to make, and then laid the lyrics...

and yea, all throughout Kanye's career he's been getting help lyrically, consequence was all up and through the first 2 albums, i think Talib helped out on the first one too...

shellz386 said:
Yeez man...
*fixed.

Last edited by Big War; 06-23-2013 at 06:19 AM..
 4 years ago '11        #102
KRCROOKSNY 108 heat pts108
space
space
$10,190 | Props total: 5336 5336
 DanBootleg said:
I can't believe he paid people to write some of these lyrics.

My thoughts exactly. How u got a whole team per song
 4 years ago '04        #103
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 1555 1555
 joblakthe1 said:
I always heard the rumor but I never payed it no mind because I thought it was bs. I can't front, when I heard the song "gorgeous" for the first time I thought, how kanye get that nice lyrically out the blue? I jus thought maybe he gave that song deep thought and went in. It can be true. I'm listening to "black skinhead," and hearing lupe's flow all in that sh*t! say it ain't so ye!
he's been using writing pools for years Rhymefest co-wrote Jesus Walks and Power

doesn't change my opinion of Ye' but it does make me wonder how much of his greatness is his own from time to time I can say he did write most of college dropout and Late registration though....
 4 years ago '04        #104
AK Nako 
space
space
space
$338 | Props total: 9 9
There's a lot of non-rapping a.ss dudes in here rambling like they know anything about song composition.

Kanye writes whole verses and then raps them to his team and they tell him what works and what doesn't work, and suggest words etc. to replace in the lines and at times suggest entire lines to substitute. You could tell Ye "say 'all this cocaine on the table' instead of 'all these drugs on the table' it sounds better" and you'll get a writer's credit for the song.

Someone's name on that list doesn't mean they're out there scribbling entire verses. It could simply mean you helped him work out the structure of the verse by moving around lines without actually contributing anything yourself.

Rick Rubin got an executive producer credit and most of what he did was tell Ye what instruments and sounds to take OUT of songs.

As for people questioning Kanye's rapping/writing ability, Nicki Minaj has said herself that he practically ghostwrote her "Monster" verse with all the work he helped her wih on it, and most dudes here thought that was verse of the year in 2010.

Just sayin'.
 4 years ago '04        #105
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
 AK Nako said:
There's a lot of non-rapping a.ss dudes in here rambling like they know anything about song composition.

Kanye writes whole verses and then raps them to his team and they tell him what works and what doesn't work, and suggest words etc. to replace in the lines and at times suggest entire lines to substitute. You could tell Ye "say 'all this cocaine on the table' instead of 'all these drugs on the table' it sounds better" and you'll get a writer's credit for the song.

Someone's name on that list doesn't mean they're out there scribbling entire verses. It could simply mean you helped him work out the structure of the verse by moving around lines without actually contributing anything yourself.

Rick Rubin got an executive producer credit and most of what he did was tell Ye what instruments and sounds to take OUT of songs.

As for people questioning Kanye's rapping/writing ability, Nicki Minaj has said herself that he practically ghostwrote her "Monster" verse with all the work he helped her wih on it, and most dudes here thought that was verse of the year in 2010.

Just sayin'.
This.. People have to know how things work, if you contribute anything to a track, you get credit.. Same thing on tv shows and movies, if you're there, your name is there..
 4 years ago '04        #106
bigdog232 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,020 | Props total: 388 388
 azlan said:
Cyhi was all over this sh*t
same thang I said...
 4 years ago '12        #107
yougots2chill 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$74 | Props total: 77 77
Malik Jones - Malik Yusef
 4 years ago '06        #108
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,567 | Props total: 4456 4456
And people put this dude in the GOAT conversation
 4 years ago '12        #109
T.D. 67 heat pts67
space
space
$7,499 | Props total: 1772 1772
Who gives a fu*k?The sh*t still wack..
 06-23-2013, 01:56 PM         #110
ts21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeezy dropping another overrated album album was so medicore ...actually it was worse than that. it was pretty bad
 4 years ago '07        #111
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 AK Nako said:

Just sayin'.
This is what I thought

DOC did the same thing with Snoop on Doggystyle he tweaked damn near every other line
 4 years ago '04        #112
Mega 
space
space
$5,592 | Props total: 981 981
 Isiah61 said:
Like Michael Jackson wrote Thriller, Like Eddie Murphy wrote all of "RAW".

Two different art forms. In rap it's not acceptable like in other music forms.
 4 years ago '04        #113
AER987 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,282 | Props total: 311 311
 AK Nako said:

Just sayin'.

how did i know everyone would a.ssume kanye aint write any of his sh*t, oh boxden...

i love this forum, but there's a lot of simple minds here
 4 years ago '06        #114
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,749 | Props total: 62 62
 dreamvillain said:
Do you guys not see Terrance Thornton's name for Guilt Trip regardless if his song was sampled or not...idk how that went un-noticed for 3 pages.
True, but thats nowhere near the same
 4 years ago '05        #115
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,226 | Props total: 9629 9629
 AK Nako said:

Just sayin'.
Dope.
 4 years ago '06        #116
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,991 | Props total: 1458 1458
 Mega said:
Two different art forms. In rap it's not acceptable like in other music forms.
Like fu*k it isn't.

You can't say that when they're classic albums, from legends, who have been known to have ghost writers.
 4 years ago '11        #117
DesolateOne 32 heat pts32
space
space
$3,780 | Props total: 66 66
So many people contributing and this is the wack bullsh*t they come up with? What the fu*k Lupe do, adjust the mic in the booth for that f*ggot?

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago