Yeezus Production AND Writer's Credit's

most viewed right now
Pusha Takes DIRECT SHOT AT Wheelchair Jimmy DRAKE "It was Never Written Like Q..
144 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Thot ends up $10,000 in debt thirst trapping for the 'gram.
88 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
RIP Pusha T just ended his own career tonight by taking a shot at Drake
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Police release video of Milwaukee Buck Sterling Brown Arrest
108 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #101
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,667 | Props total: 2046 2046
 HipHopFactz said:
All those writers and all they could come up with was some ABC lyrics

Either dudes scared to speak up and tell the truth to Kanygay or they simply don't give a fu*k about him
well... when you're ghost writing for somebody, you have to cater to their style... you can't just be on some "spiritual lyrical miracle" type sh*t if that's not what the artist is about...

i'm pretty sure Cyhi, Fonzworth, Malik Yusef, and Rhymefest wrote some verses, Kanye proof-read them, made whatever changes he wanted to make, and then laid the lyrics...

and yea, all throughout Kanye's career he's been getting help lyrically, consequence was all up and through the first 2 albums, i think Talib helped out on the first one too...

shellz386 said:
Yeez man...
*fixed.

Last edited by Big War; 06-23-2013 at 05:19 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #102
KRCROOKSNY 117 heat pts117
space
space
$11,167 | Props total: 6916 6916
 DanBootleg said:
I can't believe he paid people to write some of these lyrics.

My thoughts exactly. How u got a whole team per song
 5 years ago '04        #103
Ra-da-god 29 heat pts29
space
space
$12,263 | Props total: 2308 2308
 joblakthe1 said:
I always heard the rumor but I never payed it no mind because I thought it was bs. I can't front, when I heard the song "gorgeous" for the first time I thought, how kanye get that nice lyrically out the blue? I jus thought maybe he gave that song deep thought and went in. It can be true. I'm listening to "black skinhead," and hearing lupe's flow all in that sh*t! say it ain't so ye!
he's been using writing pools for years Rhymefest co-wrote Jesus Walks and Power

doesn't change my opinion of Ye' but it does make me wonder how much of his greatness is his own from time to time I can say he did write most of college dropout and Late registration though....
 5 years ago '04        #104
AK Nako 
space
space
space
$339 | Props total: 10 10
There's a lot of non-rapping a.ss dudes in here rambling like they know anything about song composition.

Kanye writes whole verses and then raps them to his team and they tell him what works and what doesn't work, and suggest words etc. to replace in the lines and at times suggest entire lines to substitute. You could tell Ye "say 'all this cocaine on the table' instead of 'all these drugs on the table' it sounds better" and you'll get a writer's credit for the song.

Someone's name on that list doesn't mean they're out there scribbling entire verses. It could simply mean you helped him work out the structure of the verse by moving around lines without actually contributing anything yourself.

Rick Rubin got an executive producer credit and most of what he did was tell Ye what instruments and sounds to take OUT of songs.

As for people questioning Kanye's rapping/writing ability, Nicki Minaj has said herself that he practically ghostwrote her "Monster" verse with all the work he helped her wih on it, and most dudes here thought that was verse of the year in 2010.

Just sayin'.
 5 years ago '04        #105
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
 AK Nako said:
There's a lot of non-rapping a.ss dudes in here rambling like they know anything about song composition.

Kanye writes whole verses and then raps them to his team and they tell him what works and what doesn't work, and suggest words etc. to replace in the lines and at times suggest entire lines to substitute. You could tell Ye "say 'all this cocaine on the table' instead of 'all these drugs on the table' it sounds better" and you'll get a writer's credit for the song.

Someone's name on that list doesn't mean they're out there scribbling entire verses. It could simply mean you helped him work out the structure of the verse by moving around lines without actually contributing anything yourself.

Rick Rubin got an executive producer credit and most of what he did was tell Ye what instruments and sounds to take OUT of songs.

As for people questioning Kanye's rapping/writing ability, Nicki Minaj has said herself that he practically ghostwrote her "Monster" verse with all the work he helped her wih on it, and most dudes here thought that was verse of the year in 2010.

Just sayin'.
This.. People have to know how things work, if you contribute anything to a track, you get credit.. Same thing on tv shows and movies, if you're there, your name is there..
 5 years ago '04        #106
bigdog232 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,025 | Props total: 395 395
 azlan said:
Cyhi was all over this sh*t
same thang I said...
 5 years ago '12        #107
yougots2chill 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$74 | Props total: 77 77
Malik Jones - Malik Yusef
 5 years ago '06        #108
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,775 | Props total: 5362 5362
And people put this dude in the GOAT conversation
 5 years ago '12        #109
T.D. 67 heat pts67
space
space
$7,902 | Props total: 2612 2612
Who gives a fu*k?The sh*t still wack..
 06-23-2013, 12:56 PM         #110
ts21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeezy dropping another overrated album album was so medicore ...actually it was worse than that. it was pretty bad
 5 years ago '07        #111
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,253 | Props total: 1637 1637
 AK Nako said:

Just sayin'.
This is what I thought

DOC did the same thing with Snoop on Doggystyle he tweaked damn near every other line
 5 years ago '04        #112
Mega 
space
space
$5,692 | Props total: 1117 1117
 Isiah61 said:
Like Michael Jackson wrote Thriller, Like Eddie Murphy wrote all of "RAW".

Two different art forms. In rap it's not acceptable like in other music forms.
 5 years ago '04        #113
AER987 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,295 | Props total: 340 340
 AK Nako said:

Just sayin'.

how did i know everyone would a.ssume kanye aint write any of his sh*t, oh boxden...

i love this forum, but there's a lot of simple minds here
 5 years ago '06        #114
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,766 | Props total: 98 98
 dreamvillain said:
Do you guys not see Terrance Thornton's name for Guilt Trip regardless if his song was sampled or not...idk how that went un-noticed for 3 pages.
True, but thats nowhere near the same
 5 years ago '05        #115
WCIB 116 heat pts116
space
space
$25,766 | Props total: 10969 10969
 AK Nako said:

Just sayin'.
Dope.
 5 years ago '06        #116
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,556 | Props total: 1995 1995
 Mega said:
Two different art forms. In rap it's not acceptable like in other music forms.
Like fu*k it isn't.

You can't say that when they're classic albums, from legends, who have been known to have ghost writers.
 5 years ago '11        #117
DesolateOne 32 heat pts32
space
space
$3,780 | Props total: 66 66
So many people contributing and this is the wack bullsh*t they come up with? What the fu*k Lupe do, adjust the mic in the booth for that f*ggot?

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Earned Her Stripes...
17 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Mansion 2018
79 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
ashley graham killing it i'm sold yo!
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Rockstar game's troubles summed up perfectly
88 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
May 22 - Deadly Chinese Fentanyl Is Creating a New Era of Drug Kingpins
63 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Top 10 Comic Book Superheroes NOT from Marvel or DC
15 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Johnny Depp Hunts Notorious B.I.G.'s Killer in First 'City of Lies' Tra..
59 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Donald Glover Backs Lando's Sexuality: 'How Can You Not Be Pansexual in Space?'
130 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy