Ebro Of Hot 97 Says Kanye West Has Saved Hip Hop With “Yeezus”

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
147 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
77 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
133 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '10        #141
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Im Soo Special said:
im tired of people making comments for shock value
I agree..

First this, and now how dare HipHopDX give this album a 4.5/5

4 years ago '10        #142
rockyin4 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,061 | Props total: 440 440
"You may not liked the songs on the album..." (then he doesn't finish his statement)

I thought it was ok. Not an amazing album or "trash" but if people don't like it then they can not like it.
 4 years ago '04        #143
lilflip01 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,160 | Props total: 16 16
 Fresco said:
some would beg to differ.
TDE brought it back
 4 years ago '05        #144
MemphBleek05 47 heat pts47
space
space
$10,234 | Props total: 8829 8829
Personally, I tried to make myself like the album, I just can't. I told myself I loved "Black Slaves", I lied. The only song I really care for, is Bound 2, even with that, I'm waiting for Charlie Wilson's part the entire time.

Also, I wish people would stop talking as if this is some super complex, deeply intellectual stuff he's saying..........
 4 years ago '10        #145
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,538 | Props total: 5871 5871
 TheMindOf said:
If you listen to how he's getting these different genres to speak to each other on these songs, it's something that we rarely see. This album is an experience.

You go from a track like "Black Skinhead" which infuses early 70's Glam/Stadium Rock with early 80's Punk (two genres that are polar opposites) and they are blended so well together on this track..

Then you cut to a track like "New Slaves" which goes from Industrial rock with Metal influences into 70's progressive rock sample from Hungary, with a Peter Frampton style autotune layer on top. Yet it flows together seamlessly.

One last example

Go to a track like "I'm In It" it goes from Trent Reznor/Nine Inch Nails style Industrial Metal into a Jamaican Dancehall vibe and those are two genres which almost never touch, yet Ye got them conversing fluently..

There's things you just gotta be familiar with to see whats going on from track to track with this album

It's not anybody trying to be a music snob or belittle anybody else, but it just is what it is..

For example.. I keep hearing people who dont know any better call this album "EDM" there is very little EDM on this album at all..

But people are using that term, for lack of a better understanding of what they're actually listening to.. And its okay. Once again. It just is what it is
All of that is fine and well, BUT if it doesn't sound good to certain people then it just doesn't sound good to them. That's all that matters to some folk - is it aesthetically pleasing or not?
 4 years ago '07        #146
PurpleKush 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,442 | Props total: 2218 2218
ebro is the mad dj....no one cares about this guy opinion
 4 years ago '05        #147
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
 WCIB said:
Leave it to a New Yorker to blow sh*t out of proportion.
too bad he's from Cali
 06-18-2013, 11:46 AM         #148
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i like yeezus, it only sounds good in my car though. i play it on my pc and it does sound like garbage. i play it in my car and im like

[pic - click to view]

born sinner > yeezus

i like both albums though for diff moods
 4 years ago '12        #149
OskarDaHippie 6 heat pts
space
space
$2,368 | Props total: 2001 2001
Yeezus didn't save anything. But he was right about a few things.
 4 years ago '11        #150
nyc 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,181 | Props total: 3469 3469
cmon
the fu*k is everyone hearin that im not
 4 years ago '12        #151
Rumpleforeskin 
space
space
space
$189 | Props total: 1 1
Album sucks. RA The Rugged Man's new album DESTROYS this on every level but c*cky kanye gets all the money
 4 years ago '04        #152
JordanMPM 7 heat pts
space
space
$5,010 | Props total: 226 226
First off that album ain't hip-hop... He hasn't made a real hip-hop album since "College Dropout." He's always had a great mixture of Pop and Hip-Hop.. But his new album.. is a pop disaster... Nothing screams "Hip-Hop" to me.. I miss the old Kanye using live samples in his production... I hope in the future he can get back to that atleast one more time, for 1 last album!

"Blood on the Leaves" was the only thing that really resembles Hip-Hop with the production side.. But the autotune ruins "Blood on the Leaves." "Bound 2" is kinda dope!

Last edited by JordanMPM; 06-18-2013 at 12:24 PM..
 4 years ago '11        #153
SuL2K12 
space
space
$1,370 | Props total: 434 434
FLUCK the beaTS, The bars aint sh*t either
 4 years ago '11        #154
SuL2K12 
space
space
$1,370 | Props total: 434 434
 MemphBleek05 said:
Personally, I tried to make myself like the album, I just can't. I told myself I loved "Black Slaves", I lied. The only song I really care for, is Bound 2, even with that, I'm waiting for Charlie Wilson's part the entire time.

Also, I wish people would stop talking as if this is some super complex, deeply intellectual stuff he's saying..........
 4 years ago '07        #155
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
So a bunch of jumbled noise with no rhythm and little direction meshed with meaningless lyrics saves hip-hop?

These n*ggas are imbeciles
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
142 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
94 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
77 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
45 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
297 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy