Ebro Of Hot 97 Says Kanye West Has Saved Hip Hop With “Yeezus”

most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
152 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
197 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #121
EKEK 825 heat pts825
space
space
$7,069 | Props total: 1388 1388
 TheMindOf said:
Why? Because it's the closest thing to sounding like something that could have been on College Dropout?

Let me guess.. You love the sample in the middle of "On Sight" too and the end of "New Slaves"

These n*ggas man

The reviews come in and they all positive so its "All those music publications that been evaluating music for decades cant judge a hip hop album"

Ny Radio stands behind the album and "They're 'ass lickers' "

Then when The Source and XXL inevitably rate it favorably its gonna be "Them n*ggas been irrelevant for a minute"

So who's reviews of the album are valid?

Why? Because it's the closest thing to sounding like something that could have been on College Dropout?
A: You make it sound like it's a bad thing, but yes this was the main reason i liked it.

Let me guess.. You love the sample in the middle of "On Sight" too and the end of "New Slaves"
A: Yep i did and so are you (and you know it) and this is why you mentioned it.

The reviews come in and they all positive so its "All those music publications that been evaluating music for decades cant judge a hip hop album"
A: i never read reviews so this is irrelevant.

would a vegan eat meat because he was reading a positive chef review on a new steakhouse?

Ny Radio stands behind the album and "They're 'ass lickers' "
A: i never said such a thing, i talked specifically about Ebro NOT ny radio.

Then when The Source and XXL inevitably rate it favorably its gonna be "Them n*ggas been irrelevant for a minute"
A: again, i never read reviews so this is irrelevant.

So who's reviews of the album are valid?
A: mine, and mine only.
 4 years ago '04        #122
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
 1LynguisticMind said:
its not even hip hop
It is hip hop.....same kind of sh*t El P and other cats have been doing for years now.
 4 years ago '04        #123
VickVega 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,739 | Props total: 114 114
fu*k this dude ebro
 4 years ago '10        #124
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 EKEK said:
A: You make it sound like it's a bad thing, but yes this was the main reason i liked it.

A: Yep i did and so are you (and you know it) and this is why you mentioned it.
I bring that up, not because it's my sentiment, but because it's something I keep hearing from people who "dont like the album"

It's the people who wish Ye had made a College Dropout carbon copy ablum.

The ones who always say "damn. I want CD Kanye back" as if that album went somewhere

Im actually not impressed by Bound 2 at all. I actually think it's the laziest track on the album, the more I listen to it.

Cool song, just doesn't fit the vibe of this album. I think he just put it there to appease the aforementioned people.
 06-17-2013, 06:09 PM         #125
bigsyke19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bound 2 sucked....could have been a good beat though with the correct layers added.
 4 years ago '10        #126
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8022 8022
n*ggas love hypin sh*t up. Then say n*ggas that don't like it don't understand like its quantum physics lol
 4 years ago '10        #127
xdp241x 5 heat pts
space
space
$375 | Props total: 97 97
 Loxy Miracles said:
n*ggas love hypin sh*t up. Then say n*ggas that don't like it don't understand like its quantum physics lol
THIS ^

[pic - click to view]

freal!!! its music not a math problem... that sh*t just aint for me.
 4 years ago '09        #128
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,212 | Props total: 19311 19311
Hip Hop didn't need saving tho...
 4 years ago '10        #129
Kool Aid 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,955 | Props total: 1961 1961
This corny NY transplant from Cali Jew n*gga Ebro. I hate this n*gga so much

Last edited by Kool Aid; 06-17-2013 at 07:33 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #130
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,670 | Props total: 11321 11321
 TheMindOf said:

The response to this album reminds me so much of 808's.. Its nearly identical..
808's was much better tho. i knows its too early to decide. but i fu*k with that sh*t to this day. got a certain mood too it and sound.
 4 years ago '07        #131
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,582 | Props total: 1046 1046
the album has not one hip hop song on there. its a rap album but its not hip hop.
 06-17-2013, 08:39 PM         #132
loudpack420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ebro such a d!ck rider i agree with him somewhat but damn i hate listenin to this man talk
 4 years ago '11        #133
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
 MemphBleek05 said:
I seriously have a strong dislike for Ebro, as a radio personality.

I hate the whole you're mentality not ready because your ears are polluted/condition to garbage" excuse. Kanye didn't save sh*t...........
Networth, and why does it seem like he's trying to be a heel character like in wrestling lol, dude gets x-pac heat yell
 4 years ago '11        #134
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
 TheMindOf said:
If you listen to how he's getting these different genres to speak to each other on these songs, it's something that we rarely see. This album is an experience.

You go from a track like "Black Skinhead" which infuses early 70's Glam/Stadium Rock with early 80's Punk (two genres that are polar opposites) and they are blended so well together on this track..

Then you cut to a track like "New Slaves" which goes from Industrial rock with Metal influences into 70's progressive rock sample from Hungary, with a Peter Frampton style autotune layer on top. Yet it flows together seamlessly.

One last example

Go to a track like "I'm In It" it goes from Trent Reznor/Nine Inch Nails style Industrial Metal into a Jamaican Dancehall vibe and those are two genres which almost never touch, yet Ye got them conversing fluently..

There's things you just gotta be familiar with to see whats going on from track to track with this album

It's not anybody trying to be a music snob or belittle anybody else, but it just is what it is..

For example.. I keep hearing people who dont know any better call this album "EDM" there is very little EDM on this album at all..

But people are using that term, for lack of a better understanding of what they're actually listening to.. And its okay. Once again. It just is what it is
Cool story my equal and that's great in all but the album still sucks to me and others. Hiphop ain't white...just yet yell
 4 years ago '05        #135
Kallywood 
space
space
space
$698 | Props total: 37 37
this guy needs to shutthefu*kupppp
 4 years ago '07        #136
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Naaaaaah
 06-17-2013, 10:46 PM         #137
Stayburnin  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I still cant give my review of yeezus until I listen to it a few more times. but I personally enjoy the album but so far to me its nothing unbelievable like some n*ggas are makin it seem. but I definitely do like how he is doing something different and its good to see that. for the n*ggas sayin it aint hip hop, who cares and to me if kanye comes out and says its a hip hop album then I take it as that. he is still rapping, who cares what kinda beats its over. rap started with n*ggas spitting over rock and roll songs.

you cant hate on this album because he is doing something different and if u don't like it, its just not for you. that doesn't mean its a bad album or that your opinion doesn't matter but some people just wont like this album, plain and simple they wont like this type of music, nothing wrong with that.

imo the album is good, its creative but to me its not saving hip hop nor do I think hip hop needs saving. there is still a lot of great hip hop out there depending on where u r lookin, if u get your hip hop fix only from hot 97 then yea youre not finding true hip hop but if u know what artists to check for, great music is comin out a lot.
 4 years ago '06        #138
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
 DanBootleg said:
Meanwhile what does his radio show play? The very sh*t that's polluting our ears.
And He's the program director.. He decides what gets played.

Yeezus aint trash but it aint really good either. Its very experimental. Theres are several things I dont like about it and on a 10 track album.. Eww!

Lyrically its mediocre. Like Ive said this n*gga is a producer. By that i mean He's great shaping the sound, adding bells and whistles, arranging the song structure, and mixing his song again with bells and whistles.

But when it comes down to flow and lyrics he's mediocre in my book.
 4 years ago '05        #139
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,085 | Props total: 4220 4220
He accepted yeezus into his life, but speaks ill against riff raff.... I'm puzzled....
 4 years ago '06        #140
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,218 | Props total: 5029 5029
ebro needs to go
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
175 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
123 comments
2 days ago