Ebro Of Hot 97 Says Kanye West Has Saved Hip Hop With “Yeezus”

most viewed right now
 79
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 78
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
130 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 71
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
94 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 51
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
284 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '10        #101
jmheight1 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$6,291 | Props total: 7636 7636
Hip Hop is full of all types of sounds, styles, and genres. Seems its own fans even the elitist know it all fans cant even understand that, so no he cant save something that has all different types of sounds and styles.

Hip hop really needs to get on some Rock sh*t when it comes to recognizing genres. Ans stop comparing all rappers, who clearly dont make the same type of music.
 4 years ago '10        #102
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 justinjones said:
except for the dancehall part i see all these things. i still think its him not being on non traditional rap beats...and if i knew just changing from one style into a soul/gospel sample would have people go ape sh!t


The response to this album reminds me so much of 808's.. Its nearly identical..

But its one of those Agree to Disagree situations..

But what Ebro said is right.. Any hip hop album that can get people (of all sorts) talking, then it's already done well by the genre.


It'll be interesting to see what the general stance on this album is in 5 years..
 4 years ago '04        #103
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$7,121 | Props total: 229 229
LMAO @ all the people who didn't like the album mad b/c they can't comprehend YEEZUS!!!
 4 years ago '09        #104
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$49,084 | Props total: 8867 8867
 ballergenetics said:
Where are you getting these numbers from ..? You keep saying this, with no proof, or basis whatsoever. A couple reviews (literally), and a few people who happen to agree with you. What about the other side suggests "don't listen to other genres" so definitively ...? By all means love the album with all your heart. May it be the soundtrack to many good times, but stop saying the majority of those who don't like it, don't listen to other music. sh*t's retarded, and a cop out. Try justifying your opinion with truth, instead of bullsh*t.

This thread whole thread
 4 years ago '10        #105
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 ballergenetics said:
Where are you getting these numbers from ..? You keep saying this, with no proof, or basis whatsoever. A couple reviews (literally), and a few people who happen to agree with you. What about the other side suggests "don't listen to other genres" so definitively ...? By all means love the album with all your heart. May it be the soundtrack to many good times, but stop saying the majority of those who don't like it, don't listen to other music. sh*t's retarded, and a cop out. Try justifying your opinion with truth, instead of bullsh*t.
So when I go on my twitter feed and its a bunch of n*ggas talking bout

"What's this white people sh*t Kanye put out?"

"Don't nobody fu*k with this Rock and Roll sh*t. Kanye fell off"


When I read the comments on the reviews and it's a bunch of other people saying the same thing about people they know who listen to other genres like the album, the others dont.


When I'm on here and people talking bout how much they miss CD Kanye and the traditional soul samples..

And I see people making the same observation, about peoples listening taste vs their feelings for the album


Aint gonna be no "scientific experiment" run to prove anything, just know Ima call a Spade a Spade.

Simple as that.. This aint something that n*ggas all decided to pull out of thin air..

No matter where you look, people are saying the same thing.. That sentiment is not exclusive to me, or even Boxden for that matter
 4 years ago '10        #106
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 ballergenetics said:
For the sake of not wanting to get in one of them Retro/Rico situations for 3 hours, I'ma just extend an invitation to agree to disagree. You think it's amazing, I like it, some hate it (for whatever reason). The end...
/
Respect.

 4 years ago '07        #107
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376
how can anyone think this saved hip hop? Even if you like this album you wouldn't classify it as hip hop.

Songs like this save hip hop...we need more of this in the mainstream

[video - click to view]

 06-17-2013, 05:23 PM         #108
bxrulez  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A n*gga who sold out to Lucifer "saving" anything
 4 years ago '11        #109
Jett83 61 heat pts61
space
avatar space
space
$2,404 | Props total: 2839 2839
 TheMindOf said:

So you stating that people are liking it because of the reviews nonsense..

The reviews of this album are being brought up to prove one point and one point only, that people who listen to other genres of music consistently seem to like this album for the most part..

..
Some ppl probably are, those ppl are idiots if they are tho.

My favourite band is The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, and I still think this album is a piece of garbage.

Just becuz it's avante garde-esque doesn't mean it's quality music.
 06-17-2013, 05:34 PM         #110
bigbarcelona  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jamietttt said:
Some ppl probably are, those ppl are idiots if they are tho.

My favourite band is The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, and I still think this album is a piece of garbage.

Just becuz it's avante garde-esque doesn't mean it's quality music.

And again, what the hell do these two bands have anything to do with the genres that he was using in his album? I understand you like those bands, but industrial rock or punk aren't necessarily the sounds that you'd hear from those bands you mentioned above. Matter fact, last time I check, neither Ministry or Nine Inch Nails (industrial groups) sound anything like those two bands you mentioned above. I'm starting to believe n*ggas are either deaf or they didn't really listen to the album


Last edited by bigbarcelona; 06-17-2013 at 05:36 PM..
 06-17-2013, 05:36 PM         #111
dlettern  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PseuDEEnym said:
the media says a lot of sh*t to spark a conversation. hip hop wasnt even in a state of trouble tbh

[pic - click to view]

 4 years ago '09        #112
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,118 | Props total: 1655 1655
i hate ebro man true loser
 4 years ago '04        #113
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
avatar space
space
$46,357 | Props total: 8456 8456
auto tuned garbage
 06-17-2013, 05:39 PM         #114
dlettern  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bxrulez said:
A n*gga who sold out to Lucifer "saving" anything
So you're gonna act like Kanye didn't make "Jesus Walks"?

Funny how cats let the racist media brain wash them into thinking Black people worship evil....that was never in our DNA. The other man has a history of that, not the brother man. Don't fall for the tricks. Success isn't evil, ignorance is
 4 years ago '11        #115
Jett83 61 heat pts61
space
avatar space
space
$2,404 | Props total: 2839 2839
 bigbarcelona said:
And again, what the hell do these two bands have anything to do with the genres that he was using in his album? I understand you like those bands, but industrial rock or punk aren't necessarily the sounds that you'd hear from those bands you mentioned above. Matter fact, last time I check, neither Ministry or Nine Inch Nails (industrial groups) sound anything like those two bands you mentioned above. I'm starting to believe n*ggas are either deaf or they didn't really listen to the album
i said in the actual thread that it sounded like kanye just jumped on a NIN album and dropped some verses...and i actually like some nin sh*t.

this is just a bunch of mishmash of different generes all throughout the album which makes it nearly impossible to listen to.

At the end of the day it's just my opinion tho, I think the album is a piece of trash, you like it....different strokes for different folkes breh.
 06-17-2013, 05:46 PM         #116
bigbarcelona  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jamietttt said:
i said in the actual thread that it sounded like kanye just jumped on a NIN album and dropped some verses...and i actually like some nin sh*t.

this is just a bunch of mishmash of different generes all throughout the album which makes it nearly impossible to listen to.

At the end of the day it's just my opinion tho, I think the album is a piece of trash, you like it....different strokes for different folkes breh.
I can respect that.
 4 years ago '11        #117
mravish23 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$509 | Props total: 0 0
 DanBootleg said:
No Ebro you fu*kboy...Hov saved us from Yeezus with a 3 min commercial.


[pic - click to view]

 4 years ago '04        #118
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,215 | Props total: 2114 2114
 castro13 said:
n*ggas is LITERALLY loosin they minds tryna justify this BS of an album.

ITS NOT GOOD MUSIC. NO MATTER HOW YOU WANNA SLICE IT DOG.
What about it isnt good to you?
 4 years ago '10        #119
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8022 8022
 4 years ago '07        #120
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
avatar space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
its not even hip hop
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 32
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
99 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 25
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 16
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 13
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 10
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 6
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy