Ebro Of Hot 97 Says Kanye West Has Saved Hip Hop With “Yeezus”

most viewed right now
LIVENATION cancels Jeremih from the rest of his touring...
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - America Today, In Cartoons...
13 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Punches Kangaroo To Save Dog
62 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Would you bang this chick?
30 comments
@misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-17-2013, 03:33 PM         #81
Nasty Neighbor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rippac4 said:
was there another CD he put out besides the one I heard

gimmethat said:
if this album is incredible ...someone dare to defend "hold my liquor" and explain to me why its a good song
chief keef
 3 years ago '07        #82
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,401 | Props total: 609 609
This the same dude clowing Riff for not being real hip hop? x1000000
 3 years ago '04        #83
justinjones 295 heat pts295
space
space
$47,598 | Props total: 2462 2462
 gimmethat said:
...someone dare to defend "hold my liquor" and explain to me why its a good song
i like parts of it. not all of it. i wish it could of been a different kind of song all together on that beat.
 3 years ago '07        #84
bigbarcelona 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$4,663 | Props total: 0 0
 TheMindOf said:
The point I'm making is we would all respect n*ggas more if they just admitted that they dont understand the album, instead of pretending to

When you tell a n*gga that they dont like it, probably, because it doesn't sound like College Dropout or Late Registration they say "Nooo.. Thats not why"

But then proceed to tell you that they only like all the parts of the album that sound like they could have been on the College Dropout

Im not gonna laugh at anybody for not understanding the album (which seems to be the case with MOST people i've heard hate on it)..

But I will laugh at a n*gga who pretends to understand what they're listening to when they clearly dont. Im just like "Ohhh.. You have a Linkin Park song on your iPod somewhere.. Please tell me more about how eclectic you are, and how you listen to all types of music too"

Im just saying, there's some n*ggas who need to be honest with themselves. Not understanding something doesn't make you any less of a man, or a lesser fan of rap music

3 years ago '04        #85
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$21,259 | Props total: 4580 4580
your ears have been polluted.

3 years ago '04        #86
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
He'll give us what we need
It may not be what we want.....
 3 years ago '09        #87
sgcsnc 1 heat pts
space
space
$356 | Props total: 0 0
It was an attempt at destroying hip hop if anything, that type of dubstep/ techo/ whatever beats are used only by trash artists.
 3 years ago '04        #88
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
 sgcsnc said:
It was an attempt at destroying hip hop if anything, that type of dubstep/ techo/ whatever beats are used only by trash artists.
4 years, 7 posts.

this album really bringing all the aliases out the wood works.

3 years ago '09        #89
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$46,622 | Props total: 6006 6006
 joblakthe1 said:
Damn! Good sh*t. I fux wit Isis Taylor and a few others too! Paige turnah is fu*kin serious tho! Started writing as soon as I heard it! Ima attack skin diamond tomorrow!
:
 3 years ago '10        #90
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,779 | Props total: 16435 16435
 justinjones said:
but i will say that people think they are on some upper level of music because they like this cd are talking sideways and no better than an underground fan saying that about underground music.

i listen to different stuff and think the album is ok. there is one song beat wise i skip(on sight) one of my other friends listen to everything(including screamo which i have no idea why personally) but didn't like it. knew 2 dudes that are in a rap group that i know, grew up together basically playing the same music which is mostly texas rap. one likes it ones doesn't so it goes from person to person.

i also don't see whats to understand with this album. its him rapping on non traditional rap beats. that is it to me. its like somebody from the east coast not liking trap beats. its basically a preference
If you listen to how he's getting these different genres to speak to each other on these songs, it's something that we rarely see. This album is an experience.

You go from a track like "Black Skinhead" which infuses early 70's Glam/Stadium Rock with early 80's Punk (two genres that are polar opposites) and they are blended so well together on this track..

Then you cut to a track like "New Slaves" which goes from Industrial rock with Metal influences into 70's progressive rock sample from Hungary, with a Peter Frampton style autotune layer on top. Yet it flows together seamlessly.

One last example

Go to a track like "I'm In It" it goes from Trent Reznor/Nine Inch Nails style Industrial Metal into a Jamaican Dancehall vibe and those are two genres which almost never touch, yet Ye got them conversing fluently..

There's things you just gotta be familiar with to see whats going on from track to track with this album

It's not anybody trying to be a music snob or belittle anybody else, but it just is what it is..

For example.. I keep hearing people who dont know any better call this album "EDM" there is very little EDM on this album at all..

But people are using that term, for lack of a better understanding of what they're actually listening to.. And its okay. Once again. It just is what it is

Last edited by TheMindOf; 06-17-2013 at 04:30 PM..
 3 years ago '07        #91
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,401 | Props total: 609 609
People really trying say we don't understand the album?

It's music mother fu*ker, not a math problem.

You listen and then you decide if you enjoyed it or not. gtfoh
 3 years ago '09        #92
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
 justinjones said:
those were the two fastest beats ever. one

I see what U did there

3 years ago '06        #93
9.18 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,455 | Props total: 258 258
 MemphBleek05 said:
That's what they do best

actually from Cali...
 3 years ago '12        #94
dman 4901 38 heat pts38
space
space
space
$6,098 | Props total: 5594 5594
 TheMindOf said:
If you listen to how he's getting these different genres to speak to each other on these songs, it's something that we rarely see. This album is an experience.

You go from a track like "Black Skinhead" which infuses early 70's Glam/Stadium Rock with early 80's Punk (two genres that are polar opposites) and they are blended so well together on this track..

Then you cut to a track like "New Slaves" which goes from Industrial rock with Metal influences into 70's progressive rock sample from Hungary, with a Peter Frampton style autotune layer on top. Yet it flows together seamlessly.

One last example

Go to a track like "I'm In It" it goes from Trent Reznor/Nine Inch Nails style Industrial Metal into a Jamaican Dancehall vibe and those are two genres which almost never touch, yet Ye got them conversing fluently..

There's things you just gotta be familiar with to see whats going on from track to track with this album

It's not anybody trying to be a music snob or belittle anybody else, but it just is what it is..

For example.. I keep hearing people who dont know any better call this album "EDM" there is very little EDM on this album at all..

But people are using that term, for lack of a better understanding of what they're actually listening to.. And its okay. Once again. It just is what it is
 3 years ago '04        #95
VinceTran 
space
space
$2,406 | Props total: 1360 1360
if this is hip hop... autotune + EDM/punk.... count me out...

Asap/Jay z/drake... sh*ts on this album. People are idiots
 3 years ago '09        #96
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
 dman 4901 said:
 3 years ago '04        #97
justinjones 295 heat pts295
space
space
$47,598 | Props total: 2462 2462
 TheMindOf said:

One last example

except for the dancehall part i see all these things. i still think its him not being on non traditional rap beats...and if i knew just changing from one style into a soul/gospel sample would have people go ape sh!t
 3 years ago '11        #98
jamietttt 52 heat pts52
space
space
$1,967 | Props total: 1071 1071
 TheMindOf said:

So who's reviews of the album are valid?
Nobody's but my own. If you listen to others to make your decision your a lame....and the album is crap, end of story.
 3 years ago '09        #99
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
 jamietttt said:
Nobody's but my own. If you listen to others to make your decision your a lame....and the album is crap, end of story.
 3 years ago '08        #100
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
space
$13,161 | Props total: 4 4
this thread and this ebro dude is one of the reasons hiphop is in the state its in..People with platforms are now trying to dictate whats hot and whats not...

ebros opinion doesn't mean sh*t to me...and i haven't even heard any of the album yet.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
144 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
54 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
130 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
103 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
132 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you could have a threesome with 2...who would u pick?
113 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
94 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Street Fighter 5 Akuma Reveal Trailer - Playstation Experience 2016
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy