Ebro Of Hot 97 Says Kanye West Has Saved Hip Hop With “Yeezus”

most viewed right now
 126
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
209 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 67
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 64
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 59
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
50 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #61
kingkolby 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,366 | Props total: 97 97
 Mwana Ya Lola said:
If it's a mix of different genres, it's not hip-hop.

Hip-hop is specific genre, like rock, salsa, rumba, polka, merengue, country or K-Pop.

You cannot make a garage album, then turn around and call it hip-hop.

I don't know the genre of this Kanye album. But if it's hip-hop, it's bad hip-hop.

Maybe it's a c*cktail...
So then your saying del la soul and a tribe called quest aint hiphop because most of the beats they used were jazz
 06-17-2013, 01:54 PM         #62
SOD RG  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*king f*ggot a.ss Ebro
 4 years ago '11        #63
newark4lyfe3 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$363 | Props total: 33 33
 Mwana Ya Lola said:
A great album ? What genre ?

Because it's an average/bad hip-hop album.
I said "it may be"....it may be wack....to each his own...your opinion is subjective like everyone else's. And tbh I wouldnt classify this under one genre as it is a mash up of different sounds and blending of genres. But as he is considered a rapper, it will be classified under hip-hop


Last edited by newark4lyfe3; 06-17-2013 at 02:14 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #64
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$26,786 | Props total: 17157 17157
 PseuDEEnym said:
the media says a lot of sh*t to spark a conversation. hip hop wasnt even in a state of trouble tbh
 4 years ago '10        #65
BBhiphop 523 heat pts523
space
avatar space
space
$17,052 | Props total: 20262 20262
isn't this dude fired yet? smh
 4 years ago '10        #66
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
avatar space
space
$49,864 | Props total: 13650 13650
f*ggot a.ss industry politics so predictable
 4 years ago '09        #67
zreckman 
space
space
space
$578 | Props total: 272 272
 Minister said:
Perfect Execution..... Flawless Victory
 4 years ago '05        #68
rippac4 
space
avatar space
space
$14,133 | Props total: 1050 1050
was there another CD he put out besides the one I heard
 4 years ago '10        #69
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Fresco said:
Hiphopfactz can't be the only person that goes at it with TheMindOf.

TheMindOf just dropped a k!ller comment. If you disagree with him, explain why.
There is no arguing with the undeniable truth..

Its easier just to avoid it for these n*ggas.


To argue with that, n*ggas might actually catch themselves having to be honest with themselves..

and nothing hurts these n*ggas more than the truth
 4 years ago '04        #70
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
avatar space
space
$49,362 | Props total: 6375 6375
 Fresco said:
Hiphopfactz can't be the only person that goes at it with TheMindOf.

TheMindOf just dropped a k!ller comment. If you disagree with him, explain why.
when it comes to reviews? i never take any review that seriously because its still one person's opinion. hell the source gave lil kim 5 mics just like i don't take award shows that seriously. its just brownie points for the artists. pdiddy got a rap album grammy nas doesn't.

i don't need a review to validate or invalidate my opinion because after all...its my opinion
 4 years ago '12        #71
5E8FW 
space
space
space
$7,659 | Props total: 4169 4169
 kingkolby said:
So then your saying del la soul and a tribe called quest aint hiphop because most of the beats they used were jazz
This is bullsh*t. Their music wasn't cosmetic. Regardless of the sample origins, it was creative, inclusive and spoke to the hip hop community. This album is superficial, souless and exclusive. Now, if one wants to venture out as an artist, that's cool, but it ain't hip hop.
 4 years ago '04        #72
tdm2000 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,161 | Props total: 505 505
Talking a whole lot of b00ty chatter.

The CD isn't bad, but don't act as if it's a game changer.
 4 years ago '10        #73
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 justinjones said:
when it comes to reviews? i never take any review that seriously because its still one person's opinion. hell the source gave lil kim 5 mics just like i don't take award shows that seriously. its just brownie points for the artists. pdiddy got a rap album grammy nas doesn't.

i don't need a review to validate or invalidate my opinion because after all...its my opinion
The point I'm making is we would all respect n*ggas more if they just admitted that they dont understand the album, instead of pretending to

When you tell a n*gga that they dont like it, probably, because it doesn't sound like College Dropout or Late Registration they say "Nooo.. Thats not why"

But then proceed to tell you that they only like all the parts of the album that sound like they could have been on the College Dropout

Im not gonna laugh at anybody for not understanding the album (which seems to be the case with MOST people i've heard hate on it)..

But I will laugh at a n*gga who pretends to understand what they're listening to when they clearly dont. Im just like "Ohhh.. You have a Linkin Park song on your iPod somewhere.. Please tell me more about how eclectic you are, and how you listen to all types of music too"

Im just saying, there's some n*ggas who need to be honest with themselves. Not understanding something doesn't make you any less of a man, or a lesser fan of rap music

 4 years ago '04        #74
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,467 | Props total: 2703 2703
if this album is incredible ...someone dare to defend "hold my liquor" and explain to me why its a good song
 4 years ago '11        #75
SuL2K12 
space
avatar space
space
$1,366 | Props total: 428 428
SO if i take a piece of music from a bunch of different genres it's automatically good???????
or if Kanye West does it then im to stupid to understand????????

FOH

The songs are weak as fu*k the album will never be hot its room temperature in the winter time!

When i catch Ebro

[pic - click to view]

 4 years ago '04        #76
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,786 | Props total: 1794 1794
Ebro seems like one of those "great hip hop should be lyrical" guys, but he's defending an album that's lyrically terrible , How do you save hip hop with watered down lyrics ??

and if Em comes out tomorrow rapping over Salsa beats or Jay rapping over country beats, does that "save" Hip-Hop too ??

When did we start judging albums off novelty instead of quality ??
 4 years ago '05        #77
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
avatar space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
This garbage album saved hip-hop?

Sure, buddy.
 4 years ago '07        #78
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
avatar space
space
$18,661 | Props total: 4411 4411
...because the beats will lead to numerous dope mixtapes?
 4 years ago '04        #79
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
avatar space
space
$49,362 | Props total: 6375 6375
 TheMindOf said:
The point I'm making is we would all respect n*ggas more if they just admitted that they dont understand the album, instead of pretending to

When you tell a n*gga that they dont like it, probably, because it doesn't sound like College Dropout or Late Registration they say "Nooo.. Thats not why"

But then proceed to tell you that they only like all the parts of the album that sound like they could have been on the College Dropout

Im not gonna laugh at anybody for not understanding the album (which seems to be the case with MOST people i've heard hate on it)..

But I will laugh at a n*gga who pretends to understand what they're listening to when they clearly dont. Im just like "Ohhh.. You have a Linkin Park song on your iPod somewhere.. Please tell me more about how eclectic you are, and how you listen to all types of music too"

Im just saying, there's some n*ggas who need to be honest with themselves. Not understanding something doesn't make you any less of a man, or a lesser fan of rap music

but i will say that people think they are on some upper level of music because they like this cd are talking sideways and no better than an underground fan saying that about underground music.

i listen to different stuff and think the album is ok. there is one song beat wise i skip(on sight) one of my other friends listen to everything(including screamo which i have no idea why personally) but didn't like it. knew 2 dudes that are in a rap group that i know, grew up together basically playing the same music which is mostly texas rap. one likes it ones doesn't so it goes from person to person.

i also don't see whats to understand with this album. its him rapping on non traditional rap beats. that is it to me. its like somebody from the east coast not liking trap beats. its basically a preference
 4 years ago '04        #80
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
avatar space
space
$18,893 | Props total: 4412 4412
This is what rock and rap should sound like when its mixed... not that horse sh*t all you herbs are calling art...GTFO with all that fake stan a.ss sh*t


[video - click to view]

Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 42
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
15 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 36
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 13
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
50 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy