NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #41
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,808 | Props total: 1830 1830
I'm tired of people saying " If you dont like this album you probably only listen to rap" I listen to alot of other genres including classical and a little bit of country if I find a dope song. Shyt can't just get by on being a novelty album in hip hop.

I truly believe there are people out there that love novelty or "different" shyt just because it's different. There is a way to make a dope hip hop electro rock album but this isn't it. Propz to Kanye for creative risk taking and trying something new but as far as the music itself goes, it's just not that great to be honest.

I'm also tired of people saying " Kanye isn't lyrical so stop critiquing the lyrics " like going from a 6-7 out of 10 lyrically to a 3-4 out of 10 should be overlooked.

At the end of the day, I give Ye credit for trying something new in order to inspire change in the culture, I love when artists do that, but he only gets credit for the direction he went, not the actual destination he ended up in or the product he gave us when he got there.
 4 years ago '10        #42
TheGift 1 heat pts
space
space
$9,849 | Props total: 8207 8207
 justinjones said:
those were the two fastest beats ever. i think i did all of that in less than an hour. and the only sample i had before i started was the willie hutch one
Damn! Good sh*t. I fux wit Isis Taylor and a few others too! Paige turnah is fu*kin serious tho! Started writing as soon as I heard it! Ima attack skin diamond tomorrow!
 4 years ago '11        #43
superdrunken 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,849 | Props total: 82 82
album aite, nothing special, I liked the one before this a lot more
 4 years ago '12        #44
KleanKutt100 151 heat pts151
space
space
$4,717 | Props total: 2570 2570
@ a non-hiphop album...saving hip-hop
 4 years ago '12        #45
KleanKutt100 151 heat pts151
space
space
$4,717 | Props total: 2570 2570
That sh*t sounds like something you'd play at a rave full of white people with drugs n*ggas aint even heard of before.
 4 years ago '04        #46
EKEK 825 heat pts825
space
space
$7,076 | Props total: 1399 1399
Ebro is the biggest a.ss licker on the radio.

album is sh*t. only one good song.

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '13        #47
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38454 38454
Bound was the only good song, I agree^, but even that was pretty ehh for Kanye standards, just a sample playing, no drums, no bass, just sounded like rushed production and some flip with a bass synth
 4 years ago '10        #48
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 EKEK said:
Ebro is the biggest a.ss licker on the radio.

album is sh*t. only one good song.

Why? Because it's the closest thing to sounding like something that could have been on College Dropout?

Let me guess.. You love the sample in the middle of "On Sight" too and the end of "New Slaves"

These n*ggas man

The reviews come in and they all positive so its "All those music publications that been evaluating music for decades cant judge a hip hop album"

Ny Radio stands behind the album and "They're 'ass lickers' "

Then when The Source and XXL inevitably rate it favorably its gonna be "Them n*ggas been irrelevant for a minute"

So who's reviews of the album are valid?
 4 years ago '04        #49
EKEK 825 heat pts825
space
space
$7,076 | Props total: 1399 1399
 HipHopFactz said:
Bound was the only good song, I agree^, but even that was pretty ehh for Kanye standards, just a sample playing, no drums, no bass, just sounded like rushed production and some flip with a bass synth
I agree.

bottom line, he tried too hard to create something revolutionary and failed unfortunately...
 4 years ago '07        #50
sleep23rd 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,829 | Props total: 326 326
Hah!!! n*ggaz stay proving him right on here with their defensive stance on some n*gga on the radio
 4 years ago '11        #51
newark4lyfe3 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$363 | Props total: 33 33
It may be a great album he maybe saying crazy sh*t, but if your not musically in-tune, you can't savor the album. For instance a country album could be the greatest of its genre, have great artistry behind it, amazing vocals/lyrics, and even big names working behind it, but if you don't have an ear for country music the entire body of work is incompatible with your taste. You can't appreciate it, its just not what you like. Not everyone wants tomatoes on their sandwich.

Last edited by newark4lyfe3; 06-17-2013 at 02:06 PM..
 06-17-2013, 12:49 PM         #52
bigbarcelona  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 newark4lyfe3 said:
It may be a great album he maybe saying crazy sh*t, but if your not musically in-tune, you savor the album. For instance a country album could be the greatest of its genre, have great artistry behind it, amazing vocals/lyrics, and even big names working behind it, but if you don't have an ear for country music the entire body of work is incompatible with your taste. You can't appreciate it, its just not what you like. Not everyone wants tomatoes on their sandwich.
That's true and n*ggas need to stop pretending they don't like it because is garbage when they don't understand the genres of music that were utilize for this line of work. It k!lls me when somebody says... Well I listen to country and soul and mentally I'm going like well, do you hear anything country about this album? The album is great and people just need to keep it real if they don't understand what's going on.
 06-17-2013, 01:03 PM         #53
Nasty Neighbor  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hot97 is such a fu*king garbage radio station and i dont even live in nyc or have listened to a single broadcast
 4 years ago '10        #54
Intoxicated 123 heat pts123
space
space
$2,344 | Props total: 166 166
This fool must have listened to a different Yessus album because that sh*t is not worth listening to at all.

fu*k him and hot97.
 4 years ago '07        #55
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,915 | Props total: 573 573
 YI-Drizzy said:
hot97 is such a fu*king garbage radio station and i dont even live in nyc or have listened to a single broadcast
U live in the deep south and hate anything jay or ye related

We get it

06-17-2013, 01:13 PM         #56
Mwana Ya Lola  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 newark4lyfe3 said:
It may be a great album he maybe saying crazy sh*t, but if your not musically in-tune, you savor the album. For instance a country album could be the greatest of its genre, have great artistry behind it, amazing vocals/lyrics, and even big names working behind it, but if you don't have an ear for country music the entire body of work is incompatible with your taste. You can't appreciate it, its just not what you like. Not everyone wants tomatoes on their sandwich.
A great album ? What genre ?

Because it's an average/bad hip-hop album.
 06-17-2013, 01:17 PM         #57
Mwana Ya Lola  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigbarcelona said:
What do you consider hip hop then? The bullsh*t you hear on the radio today? Because as far as mainstream is concern, besides Kendrick, n*ggas have been horrible and truly copying and pasting each other to a point where sh*t is turning into a Flintstone cartoon montage. And the reason why this album is great to me and others is because he executed a well concept album, which gives you all kinds of elements of different sounds and genres while lyrically being on point, something that hasn't been done well in a good minute in hip hop. You might not get why is good, but to those that do, he did a great job. Didn't think he was going to pull it off, but he did. Plus, an album like that you got it listen to it multiple times to get it, especially if you don't understand the other musical approaches he implemented.
If it's a mix of different genres, it's not hip-hop.

Hip-hop is specific genre, like rock, salsa, rumba, polka, merengue, country or K-Pop.

You cannot make a garage album, then turn around and call it hip-hop.

I don't know the genre of this Kanye album. But if it's hip-hop, it's bad hip-hop.

Maybe it's a c*cktail...
 4 years ago '12        #58
PrimeLamboJr. 163 heat pts163
space
space
$11,322 | Props total: 7343 7343
 DanBootleg said:
Meanwhile what does his radio show play? The very sh*t that's polluting our ears.
Thats Exactly What I Was Thinking.
 06-17-2013, 01:21 PM         #59
Nasty Neighbor  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Root Of Evil said:
U live in the deep south and hate anything jay or ye related

We get it

if they stop dropping wack sh*t i wouldn't hate
 4 years ago '07        #60