Jay-Z - "Magna Carta Holy Grail" | Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
46 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
230 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
156 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #421
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573
 Ghetto_Guevara said:

so u hate jay and nas

who do u like ?
 06-27-2013, 10:35 AM         #422
WavyCrockett 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I saw 24 pages an thought the sh*t leaked already
 4 years ago '05        #423
Nickel 118 heat pts118
space
space
$11,231 | Props total: 179 179
Tracklisting w/ features added...TS add this into the original post

1. Picasso Baby
2. Heaven
3. Versus
4. Tom Ford
5. Beach Is Better
6. fu*kWithMeYouKnowIGotIt (Feat. Rick Ross)
7. Oceans (Feat. Frank Ocean)
8. F.U.T.W.
9. Part II (On The Run) (Feat. Beyonce)
10. BBC
11. La Familia
12. Jay-Z Blue
13. Nickles & Dimes
 4 years ago '05        #424
Nickel 118 heat pts118
space
space
lmao funny a.ss review of the album (LOL)

On the Fourth of July of the year two thousand and thirteen, Jay-Z will officially release Magna Carta Holy Grail, his 37th album, to humans. We’re going to review it for you right now.

Some background information: Two weeks ago, Jay-Z was at an upscale tennis club in Florenia, a part of New York that you don't even know exists and isn't even on Google Maps so don't bother trying to look it up. He was just hanging out wearing a human coat* and just being a multimillionaire and whatnot. In walked Justin Timberlake. Jay was all, “Yo, Justy Timby!” Timberlake was all, “My dude!” They touched rings, exchanged pleasantries, did the rich guy foot rub**, then started talking about each other’s albums.

Timberlake mentioned that he'd not heard Jay’s, which made sense to Jay because Jay records all of his albums in the future and then comes back in time and delivers the master copy the day it's supposed to be released (which is how he avoids it getting leaked). Jay was like, “Dude… poof!” Justin was like, “Uh…” Jay was like, “My bad, bro. I was expecting Future Jay-Z to materialize with a copy of the album for you. I still get the mechanics of this whole time travel thing confused.” Then he reached into his back pocket, pulled out a copy of Magna Carta Holy Grail and handed it to Timberlake. Timberlake smiled, impressed that his clout had delivered him one of the summer's suddenly most anticipated albums. Jay smiled, then vaporized himself, leaving behind little more than a cloud of mist and a Yankees cap. Timberlake wasn't so impressed with his clout anymore. Timberlake wanted to be able to vaporize himself, too.

*A human coat is when you pay a very attractive El Salvadoran woman to follow you around and hug you all day long.

**Little known fact: Whenever very rich dudes run into each other, they plunk down onto the floor and then rub each other's feet. It’s not gross because very rich dudes replace their feet with new ones after every use. If you haven't replaced your feet, then that's how you know you're poor.

So that's how we got here. After Timberlake got the album, he swung by the Myspace office, dropped it off, then bodyrolled rightthefu*k out the front door. So, now a track-by-track review of Magna Carta Holy Grail:

1. “Picasso Baby”
Opening track. Solid, not spectacular. The production is actually very avant-garde, though. What they did was took a bunch of babies, shoved them down the stairs, then recorded the sounds that they made. It's looped over and over again onto itself. I think one of the babies might trace back to Picasso, though I can't say for certain. Jay does his old man staccato flow.

2. “Heaven”
No joke: What happened here is Jesus is a big fan of Jay's “22 Two’s,” right? And so one day Jesus was strolling around the Barclays Center listening to it on his iPhone. He bumped into Jay-Z coming out of an elevator. Jay was like, “What the fu*k, bro,” and then smacked the phone out of his hand. Jesus was like, “Yo! You're Jay-Z.” Jay was like, “Duh, n*gga.” Jesus was like, “Dudebros, for real, like, I’m totes your biggest fan. I keep trying to get my dad to call me Jay-C—like, the J for Jesus and the C for Christ, right—but he's not into it. Whatever. Hey, check this out: [sings] ‘Ain't no n*gga like the one I got, no one can fu*k you beh-tur.’ Pretty good, right?” That's when Jay-Z realized he was talking to Jesus. This song is about that. Jay does his old man staccato flow.

3. “Versus”
Not that great. Produced by Rick Rubin. I think he was maybe just rubbing the microphone in his beard? The chorus: “My life is versus, hearses, curses, I get nurses, purses and nurses with purses.” Jay does his old man staccato flow.

[pic - click to view]

4. “Tom Ford”
This one's good, but a little embarrassing. Jay spends the whole song comparing himself to Tom Ford, only except he got Tom Ford (a designer) confused with Henry Ford (the guy that founded Ford Motor Company). There are a whole bunch of “I mass produce this sh*t, a.ssembly line this sh*t, you couldn't American dream this sh*t, my new Ford look mean in this sh*t” lines. I thought maybe it was just a, like, double entendre-type Tom Ford/Henry Ford thing, but then he finishes, “I’m Tom Ford in this sh*t, the guy that founded Ford Motor Company in this sh*t.” Jay does his old man staccato flow.

5. “Beach Is Better”
This one's about how Jay-Z used his time traveling machine to go back to when the whole earth was just one big giant beach and how he lived there for a month with Beyoncé. Beach is better, bro. Jay does his old man staccato flow.

6. “fu*kWithMeYouKnowIGotIt”
ProducedbyPharrell.Jay-Zrapsthewholesongwithouttakingasinglebreath.Jay-Zdoesn'tneedspacesbetweenwords.Jay-Zexistsonadifferentplanethanyoudo.
Jaydoeshisoldmanstaccatoflow.

7. “Oceans”
This is a song about how Jay is actually just a few red tape steps away from acquiring the Atlantic Ocean and the Indian Ocean. “I had a notion so I bought a couple oceans, you had a notion and you couldn’t afford lotion,” he raps. It’s produced by Timbaland. He took a bunch of seashells and crab claws, placed them in a bag, them threw them at the wall. Malibooyah. TIMBALAND IS THE GREATEST. One of the standouts. Jay does his old man staccato flow.

8. “F.U.T.W.”
All I'm gonna say about this one: “French Ungulates Talk Weird.” I’ll say this too: Jay-Z has a machine that translates what European mammals are saying. JAY-Z IS THE KING, DUDEBROS. Jay does his old man staccato flow.

9. “Part II (On The Run)”
This one is actually a bit of a hustle. “Part II (On The Run)” is 28 seconds long and it's very clearly just the end of a song that preceded. In the very last moments, a robo-kidnapper voice comes on and grumbles, “The only way you get to hear 'Part I' is if you sign up for a two year contract with Samsung,” followed by, “Samsung would like to take this time to announce that their new two year contracts are now priced $70,000.” Jay does his old man staccato flow.

10. “BBC”
[didn't play. Were we to guess: Jay raps in a British accent; at one point, he makes some sort of play on Kanye’s glorious “Hurry up with my damn croissant!” line; he goes through three or four lines straight where he raps different things that “BBC” stands for; Jay does his old man staccato flow.]

11. “La Familia”
Maybe one of the most energetic tracks on the album. It’s a narcocorridos* song. Guest feature: La Tropa F. Jay does his old man staccato flow (in Spanish).

*Narcocorridos**: Basically a love ballad in Spanish except instead of about love it’s about death and murder and drugs.

**If you needed to read the above aside to know what Narcocorridos meant, then you need more Mexican friends.

12. “Jay-Z Blue”
Produced by Rick Rubin + Timbaland + Pharrell. What they did was take the sound that a car makes when its timing belt is loose and then added some spacey bloops and bleeps to it. Jay-Z just shouts “Blue” over and over and over again. Jay-Z is a god. fu*k your rhyme scheme. Jay does his old man staccato flow.

Sidebar: Jay-Z partnered with the color blue for the release of his next album.

13. “Nickles & Dimes”
In this song, Jay-Z makes an unfortunate nickels/pickles rhyme. However, he makes up for it later in the song when he manages to make the word “dimes” also rhyme with “pickles.” GREATEST OF ALL-TIME. Jay does his old man staccato flow.

----

“Holy Grail (Bonus Track)”
Turns out, the Holy Grail—LIKE THE REAL ACTUALY HOLY GRAIL THAT THEY TALK ABOUT IN THE BIBLE—is the bonus track. Holy Grails for everyone!

“Open Letter (Bonus Track)”
Four minutes of silence. Jay-Z comes on at the very end just to deliver a proper Jay-Z cackle.

Score: 8.2/10

Magna Carta Holy Grail in stores July 4th. Buy it
 4 years ago '09        #425
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,213 | Props total: 19313 19313
^^Hilarious props Nickels
 4 years ago '10        #426
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
 Nickel said:
Tracklisting w/ features added...TS add this into the original post

1. Picasso Baby
2. Heaven
3. Versus
4. Tom Ford
5. Beach Is Better
6. fu*kWithMeYouKnowIGotIt (Feat. Rick Ross)
7. Oceans (Feat. Frank Ocean)
8. F.U.T.W.
9. Part II (On The Run) (Feat. Beyonce)
10. BBC
11. La Familia
12. Jay-Z Blue
13. Nickles & Dimes
No Nas?
 4 years ago '04        #427
DJ Maximum|M 47 heat pts47
space
space
$43,333 | Props total: 11492 11492
 Nickel said:

On the Fourth of July of the year two thousand and thirteen, Jay-Z will officially release Magna Carta Holy Grail, his 37th album, to humans. We’re going to review it for you right now.

Some background information: Two weeks ago, Jay-Z was at an upscale tennis club in Florenia, a part of New York that you don't even know exists and isn't even on Google Maps so don't bother trying to look it up. He was just hanging out wearing a human coat* and just being a multimillionaire and whatnot. In walked Justin Timberlake. Jay was all, “Yo, Justy Timby!” Timberlake was all, “My dude!” They touched rings, exchanged pleasantries, did the rich guy foot rub**, then started talking about each other’s albums.

Timberlake mentioned that he'd not heard Jay’s, which made sense to Jay because Jay records all of his albums in the future and then comes back in time and delivers the master copy the day it's supposed to be released (which is how he avoids it getting leaked). Jay was like, “Dude… poof!” Justin was like, “Uh…” Jay was like, “My bad, bro. I was expecting Future Jay-Z to materialize with a copy of the album for you. I still get the mechanics of this whole time travel thing confused.” Then he reached into his back pocket, pulled out a copy of Magna Carta Holy Grail and handed it to Timberlake. Timberlake smiled, impressed that his clout had delivered him one of the summer's suddenly most anticipated albums. Jay smiled, then vaporized himself, leaving behind little more than a cloud of mist and a Yankees cap. Timberlake wasn't so impressed with his clout anymore. Timberlake wanted to be able to vaporize himself, too.

*A human coat is when you pay a very attractive El Salvadoran woman to follow you around and hug you all day long.

**Little known fact: Whenever very rich dudes run into each other, they plunk down onto the floor and then rub each other's feet. It’s not gross because very rich dudes replace their feet with new ones after every use. If you haven't replaced your feet, then that's how you know you're poor.

So that's how we got here. After Timberlake got the album, he swung by the Myspace office, dropped it off, then bodyrolled rightthefu*k out the front door. So, now a track-by-track review of Magna Carta Holy Grail:

1. “Picasso Baby”
Opening track. Solid, not spectacular. The production is actually very avant-garde, though. What they did was took a bunch of babies, shoved them down the stairs, then recorded the sounds that they made. It's looped over and over again onto itself. I think one of the babies might trace back to Picasso, though I can't say for certain. Jay does his old man staccato flow.

2. “Heaven”
No joke: What happened here is Jesus is a big fan of Jay's “22 Two’s,” right? And so one day Jesus was strolling around the Barclays Center listening to it on his iPhone. He bumped into Jay-Z coming out of an elevator. Jay was like, “What the fu*k, bro,” and then smacked the phone out of his hand. Jesus was like, “Yo! You're Jay-Z.” Jay was like, “Duh, n*gga.” Jesus was like, “Dudebros, for real, like, I’m totes your biggest fan. I keep trying to get my dad to call me Jay-C—like, the J for Jesus and the C for Christ, right—but he's not into it. Whatever. Hey, check this out: [sings] ‘Ain't no n*gga like the one I got, no one can fu*k you beh-tur.’ Pretty good, right?” That's when Jay-Z realized he was talking to Jesus. This song is about that. Jay does his old man staccato flow.

3. “Versus”
Not that great. Produced by Rick Rubin. I think he was maybe just rubbing the microphone in his beard? The chorus: “My life is versus, hearses, curses, I get nurses, purses and nurses with purses.” Jay does his old man staccato flow.

[pic - click to view]

4. “Tom Ford”
This one's good, but a little embarrassing. Jay spends the whole song comparing himself to Tom Ford, only except he got Tom Ford (a designer) confused with Henry Ford (the guy that founded Ford Motor Company). There are a whole bunch of “I mass produce this sh*t, a.ssembly line this sh*t, you couldn't American dream this sh*t, my new Ford look mean in this sh*t” lines. I thought maybe it was just a, like, double entendre-type Tom Ford/Henry Ford thing, but then he finishes, “I’m Tom Ford in this sh*t, the guy that founded Ford Motor Company in this sh*t.” Jay does his old man staccato flow.

5. “Beach Is Better”
This one's about how Jay-Z used his time traveling machine to go back to when the whole earth was just one big giant beach and how he lived there for a month with Beyoncé. Beach is better, bro. Jay does his old man staccato flow.

ProducedbyPharrell.Jay-Zrapsthewholesongwithouttakingasinglebreath.Jay-Zdoesn'tneedspacesbetweenwords.Jay-Zexistsonadifferentplanethanyoudo.

7. “Oceans”
This is a song about how Jay is actually just a few red tape steps away from acquiring the Atlantic Ocean and the Indian Ocean. “I had a notion so I bought a couple oceans, you had a notion and you couldn’t afford lotion,” he raps. It’s produced by Timbaland. He took a bunch of seashells and crab claws, placed them in a bag, them threw them at the wall. Malibooyah. TIMBALAND IS THE GREATEST. One of the standouts. Jay does his old man staccato flow.

8. “F.U.T.W.”
All I'm gonna say about this one: “French Ungulates Talk Weird.” I’ll say this too: Jay-Z has a machine that translates what European mammals are saying. JAY-Z IS THE KING, DUDEBROS. Jay does his old man staccato flow.

This one is actually a bit of a hustle. “Part II (On The Run)” is 28 seconds long and it's very clearly just the end of a song that preceded. In the very last moments, a robo-kidnapper voice comes on and grumbles, “The only way you get to hear 'Part I' is if you sign up for a two year contract with Samsung,” followed by, “Samsung would like to take this time to announce that their new two year contracts are now priced $70,000.” Jay does his old man staccato flow.

10. “BBC”
[didn't play. Were we to guess: Jay raps in a British accent; at one point, he makes some sort of play on Kanye’s glorious “Hurry up with my damn croissant!” line; he goes through three or four lines straight where he raps different things that “BBC” stands for; Jay does his old man staccato flow.]

11. “La Familia”
Maybe one of the most energetic tracks on the album. It’s a narcocorridos* song. Guest feature: La Tropa F. Jay does his old man staccato flow (in Spanish).

*Narcocorridos**: Basically a love ballad in Spanish except instead of about love it’s about death and murder and drugs.

**If you needed to read the above aside to know what Narcocorridos meant, then you need more Mexican friends.

12. “Jay-Z Blue”
Produced by Rick Rubin + Timbaland + Pharrell. What they did was take the sound that a car makes when its timing belt is loose and then added some spacey bloops and bleeps to it. Jay-Z just shouts “Blue” over and over and over again. Jay-Z is a god. fu*k your rhyme scheme. Jay does his old man staccato flow.

13. “Nickles & Dimes”
In this song, Jay-Z makes an unfortunate nickels/pickles rhyme. However, he makes up for it later in the song when he manages to make the word “dimes” also rhyme with “pickles.” GREATEST OF ALL-TIME. Jay does his old man staccato flow.

----

Turns out, the Holy Grail—LIKE THE REAL ACTUALY HOLY GRAIL THAT THEY TALK ABOUT IN THE BIBLE—is the bonus track. Holy Grails for everyone!

Four minutes of silence. Jay-Z comes on at the very end just to deliver a proper Jay-Z cackle.

Jay does his old man staccato flow.
 4 years ago '09        #428
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
 Mocking Mind said:
No Nas?
How does Ross get on n*ggas album man lol he was LIG now he is on Holy Grail
 4 years ago '09        #429
Vos 2 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 0 0
 thegoldenhero said:
How does Ross get on n*ggas album man lol he was LIG now he is on Holy Grail
Rick Ross is entertaining as hell, and when he's at his best, he's pretty damn good (i.e. Devil in a New Dress)
 4 years ago '09        #430
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
 Vos said:
Rick Ross is entertaining as hell, and when he's at his best, he's pretty damn good (i.e. Devil in a New Dress)
Devil in a New Dress was Ross at his absolute best tho he isn't that dope with a feature all the time...but Ross and Jay on that first Maybach track was really dope so i don't expect to be wack.
 4 years ago '10        #431
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
His Devil in a New Dress verse is overrated as fu*k imo..

Last edited by Mocking Mind; 06-27-2013 at 11:39 AM..
 4 years ago '12        #432
King Jaffe Joe 23 heat pts23
space
space
$8,088 | Props total: 4761 4761
no nas
 4 years ago '05        #433
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
 Ghetto_Guevara said:
it depends on my daily mood

I'll be damned if I cling on to a "favorite" rapper for YEARS

it's just music....disposable trash really...like pr0n...you click on the best lookin thumbnail and get all excited you jerk off, finish, wipe, and you feel stupid after cos you know you spent few minutes on that same ole dumb sh*t, again...same with hip-hop.....

i listen to whatever suits me that day

fiendin Jay-Z or Nas in 2013. is like sayin "I jerk off almost exclusively to Jenna Jameson...fu*k these new bi*ches, Jenna pr0n the best"

romantic a.ss clowns

this ain't sports, this ain't nothing of real value, this is hip-hop, cheap audible pr0n, who got better car, chain and more money circlejerk

it's amazing it lasts like this still....shows how dumb people are really...including myself

understand that most of these d!ckrfiders never had a father figure to teach them not to pay attention to another mans actions/obsess /d!ckride.they were raised with d!ckriding females
 4 years ago '04        #434
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,670 | Props total: 11322 11322
can some one refresh me. is this out?

who the fu*k is droppin reviews of this sh*t.

4 years ago '12        #435
CaliSteppin 33 heat pts33
space
space
$9,694 | Props total: 3394 3394
 Nickel said:

1. “Picasso Baby”

2. “Heaven”

3. “Versus”

[pic - click to view]

4. “Tom Ford”

5. “Beach Is Better”

7. “Oceans”

8. “F.U.T.W.”

10. “BBC”

11. “La Familia”

12. “Jay-Z Blue”

13. “Nickles & Dimes”

----

So he trashes the album for the most part but still gives it an 8/10? My high expectations are justified
 4 years ago '04        #436
Mr AirRic 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,897 | Props total: 2564 2564
guessing ross's verse will be something like this:

black bugatti/ (5 second breath)
she got naughty/
in america/ (10 second breath)
united states/
of america/
bugatti/
(takes heavy breathes for 35 seconds to finish the verse)
 4 years ago '04        #437
Mr AirRic 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,897 | Props total: 2564 2564
 CaliSteppin said:
So he trashes the album for the most part but still gives it an 8/10?
it was a joke review..
 4 years ago '05        #438
Nickel 118 heat pts118
space
space
 Mr AirRic said:
guessing ross's verse will be something like this:

black bugatti/ (5 second breath)
she got naughty/
in america/ (10 second breath)
united states/
of america/
bugatti/
(takes heavy breathes for 35 seconds to finish the verse)
gotta save this....cause if he drops a "Devil In A New Dress" type verse....
 4 years ago '09        #439
Vos 2 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 0 0
 Ghetto_Guevara said:
Shut up rapper.

I listened to Jay, I probably have couple of his tracks in my car, but I don't give a single blue fu*k about his life, deals, apps or albums because as of late - he's trash to me.

But he's not trash to you, because you hate your poor parents and you idolize his nut a.ss sociopath wife Beyonce and you worship him more than you worship yourself and you were more invested into his hoe givin birth than your own family member being prego...and that's because you're insane.

You would cry @ Jigga concert.

You're a soulless spineless ghoul bought up by Whitey's enormous propaganda machine.

Now go bump BP3 Ghetto Techno and listen to camel ad libs and admire the lyrical wit of it.

Who knows, if you appreciate poetry like that maybe you'll read a book by 2024...
Get a new hobby, you're terrible at trolling.
 06-27-2013, 04:03 PM         #440
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the greatesttt rapper everrrr..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
124 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
62 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy