Jay-Z - "Magna Carta Holy Grail" | Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
112 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
160 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #3381
Nickel 118 heat pts118
space
space
$11,231 | Props total: 179 179
 NBA Brawler said:
I'm still at the fact that you n*ggas really think iTunes has horrible quality music.
its not horrible....but Grouprip are the best quality (imo)
 4 years ago '05        #3382
Nickel 118 heat pts118
space
space
$11,231 | Props total: 179 179
Grouprip like
 4 years ago '07        #3383
bluehefner96 95 heat pts95
space
space
$12,172 | Props total: 11306 11306
Bought the CD, dont see album credits.
 4 years ago '04        #3384
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,354 | Props total: 8454 8454
Throughout “Magna Carta,” the 43-year-old pretends he’s a threat to a system he’s so eagerly become a part of, as if his life as a champion capitalist is some perpetually escalating act of subversion. Hooray? Rooting for this man in 2013 is like rooting for Pfizer. Or PepsiCo. Or PRISM.

Plus, all of this Samsung hullabaloo has only distracted listeners from the fact that, musically and lyrically, “Magna Carta” is one of Jay-Z’s blandest offerings. Over 16 joylessly professional tracks, our hero laces up his sneakers for his bazillion-thousandth victory lap around the hip-hop universe. There’s no mood, no verve, no vision to this music. It’s the sound of champagne being sprayed around an empty locker room.
Washington Post:

Last edited by Javon23; 07-09-2013 at 02:01 PM..
 4 years ago '09        #3385
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,080 | Props total: 8850 8850
I Didn't need to, the Flac leaked

4 years ago '05        #3386
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,279 | Props total: 6382 6382
 Kyrietolakers said:
bought the physical today
!
whats the booklet art looking like?
 4 years ago '04        #3387
kenoe212004 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,298 | Props total: 3758 3758
n*ggas Love To Hate This Album Is Raw IMO!!!!
 4 years ago '06        #3388
Darkpoet 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,667 | Props total: 1 1
sh*t sounds like one big mid life crisis. This is what happens when you turn yourself into a brand: You turn your fans into customers. All the props in the world given for his success, probably more than I'll ever achieve in 10 lifetimes, but this album is awful. It's a reminded of how far lost Jay-Z has become in his art.

"Sometimes I don't think you all deserve me..." lmao Nas dropped a way better album at the same age almost.
 4 years ago '12        #3389
FreshBeatzBx 32 heat pts32
space
space
space
$5,167 | Props total: 6 6
Yo son this album quality is the DAMN NEAR if not the same EXACT quality as the app son!

I know I'm not buggin because I actually have the app & just played the iTunes, the Grouprip & the app's. The clarity of the songs LITERALLY does not change.

The only thing that changes was the file size, some of you n*ggas deadass don't know wtf you talking about lol. I honestly think that's the way this album was mastered. You can easily increase the kbps of a song which in tern increases the MB's.

I downloaded the iTunes with the booklet & you n*ggas in here complaining bout iTunes when that sh*t is literally probably the same exact quality as the grouprip. I believe grouprip is just an alternative cuz iTunes has their own format (m4a) which some sound systems don't play while the grouprip is usually mp3 if I'm not mistaken.

All my other iTunes mastered albums is lowder than MCHG, the mastering isn't terrible its still CD quality its just not what I expected from everything being so loud today.

We pretty much all got the same links, if you think the ACTUAL QUALITY OF THE SOUND ON MCHG is of the same standard as ESGN, The Gifted, Yeezus then pm me a link...
 4 years ago '04        #3390
DezCaughtIt 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,179 | Props total: 32 32
 FreshBeatzBx said:
Yo son this album quality is the DAMN NEAR if not the same EXACT quality as the app son!

I know I'm not buggin because I actually have the app & just played the iTunes, the Grouprip & the app's. The clarity of the songs LITERALLY does not change.

The only thing that changes was the file size, some of you n*ggas deadass don't know wtf you talking about lol. I honestly think that's the way this album was mastered. You can easily increase the kbps of a song which in tern increases the MB's.

I downloaded the iTunes with the booklet & you n*ggas in here complaining bout iTunes when that sh*t is literally probably the same exact quality as the grouprip. I believe grouprip is just an alternative cuz iTunes has their own format (m4a) which some sound systems don't play while the grouprip is usually mp3 if I'm not mistaken.

All my other iTunes mastered albums is lowder than MCHG, the mastering isn't terrible its still CD quality its just not what I expected from everything being so loud today.

We pretty much all got the same links, if you think the ACTUAL QUALITY OF THE SOUND ON MCHG is of the same standard as ESGN, The Gifted, Yeezus then pm me a link...
I have a good ear for this sh*t I'm telling you the iTunes definitely sounds better than the initial leak from Samsung.
 4 years ago '12        #3391
MischiefTooReal 139 heat pts139
space
space
$11,577 | Props total: 5034 5034
Whats ppl's beef with this album? About half way through, sh*t knocks so far...
 07-10-2013, 12:32 AM         #3392
illmatix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KiddMischief said:
Whats ppl's beef with this album? About half way through, sh*t knocks so far...
I like the album fine, but I guess my main beefs would be:

- no classic records

- same content on every song

- two best beats are halfway wasted (fu*kwithme by too much lazy Rick Ross and Beach is Better too short)
 07-10-2013, 12:35 AM         #3393
KiddKidd45 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn even that holy grail track grew on me...heard it on the radio and was like wtf is this?!
 4 years ago '12        #3394
MischiefTooReal 139 heat pts139
space
space
$11,577 | Props total: 5034 5034
 illmatix said:

- no classic records

- two best beats are halfway wasted (fu*kwithme by too much lazy Rick Ross and Beach is Better too short)
I definitely agree with that Ross sh*t his verse was wack AF. I was like wtf, track had so much potential... But the beat still knocks I guess...
 4 years ago '09        #3395
Vos 2 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 0 0
 illmatix said:

- no classic records

yeah, Holy Grail and Oceans and Nickels and Dimes and fu*kwithmeyouknowigotit and On the run and Heaven all have exactly the same content. Idiot
 07-10-2013, 01:06 AM         #3396
AAZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Darkpoet, that's 100. Jay delusional because of money and so are the sheep who eat this sh*t up. n*gga stay masking his career with money and n*ggas so naive and blind that's mainly what they pay attention to.
 4 years ago '04        #3397
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,359 | Props total: 11566 11566
 illmatix said:

- no classic records

Picasso Baby
Oceans
Heaven
Nickle & Dimes
FUTW

U Serious?
 4 years ago '04        #3398
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,359 | Props total: 11566 11566
Elvis got his record took!
 4 years ago '10        #3399
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 DJ Maximum said:
Picasso Baby
Oceans
Heaven
Nickle & Dimes
FUTW

U Serious?
You forgot "Somewhereinamerica"

n*ggas know I'm a Hov fan (a big one)

But none of those are classics. They just really good songs.

No song on this album is fu*king with ANY of his classic songs.

Can you honestly say any song on here is fu*king with "Song Cry" or "What More Can I Say?" or "Big Pimpin" or "Can I Get a....?" or "Empire State of Mind" or "Beach Chair"

Nah... Not at all..

Still dope records though
 07-10-2013, 01:40 AM         #3400
illmatix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ Maximum said:
Picasso Baby
Oceans
Heaven
Nickle & Dimes
FUTW

U Serious?
yeah i'm serious

you listened to those songs the same way as when "99 Problems" dropped? you heard "Big Pimpin" and felt the same way?

Not to mention all the non-single type classics (D' Evils, Where I'm From, etc.). None of those you mentioned fu*k with his best sh*t imo.

These would be the forgotten tracks on his best albums. Doesn't mean they ain't good, but this is not a classic album.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy