Jay-Z - "Magna Carta Holy Grail" | Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
 200
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 155
Rappers that have or had AIDS
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 116
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
210 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 65
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
69 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #2761
Mr.Man 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,530 | Props total: 371 371
 Andre3stacks said:
5/5 Production
2.5/5 Lyrics

Give it about a 7/10
If his lyrics are 2.5 out a 5. Then you are saying that 98% of the rap game are 1 out of 5.
 4 years ago '04        #2762
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
this picasso song is CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY!!!!!
 4 years ago '11        #2763
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$8,856 | Props total: 1453 1453
 JetsLost said:
He pays to use the lyrics lol. Bigs mom's and kids get to eat more cause of that. Smart way to keep your friends name going and help his family.
True but it would seem as a vet you would want to stand on your own merit but that's smart business.
 4 years ago '11        #2764
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
avatar space
space
$11,808 | Props total: 1191 1191
The production is so fu*king crazy on this album, I can't wait to play this in my car.
 07-04-2013, 10:58 AM         #2765
Dream914 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 whouthinkitis said:
You got 3 more days to wait the hard copy don't drop until the 7th.
Oh yeah I know
 4 years ago '07        #2766
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
avatar space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573
 jj01 said:
lol but jay is creative and has content tho right

production is nasty on here, he is not on par with it lyrically tho.
lyrically MCHG > AEOM
 07-04-2013, 11:00 AM         #2767
kk504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andre3stacks said:
5/5 Production
2.5/5 Lyrics

Give it about a 7/10
i wouldn't give the production a 5/5. more like a 4/5. part II sounded like it shoulda been on a beyonce album. bbc sounded like a n.e.r.d throwaway.

i just got the vibe throughout that jay was tryna emulate a rick ross album. from the cadence on certain songs to the beat selection.

this is probably my second least favorite album from him next to kingdom come.

people who are saying this is better than american gangster are idiots. that album was pretty soilid throughout. had some mishaps, but also some really standout joints. this one doesn't have a single song that sticks out more than another.

if i had to rank all jay's albums, my list looks like this...

reasonable doubt
the blueprint
the black album
dynasty album (if people consider this a jay solo effort)
american gangster
vol 2
blueprint 3
blueprint 2
vol 1
vol 3
mghg
kingdom come


mchg is a 6.5/10 in my eyes. some of jay's lyrics are corny as sh*t on this. the rick ross swagger jacking on some songs also annoys me.


Last edited by kk504; 07-04-2013 at 11:11 AM..
 4 years ago '05        #2768
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$17,968 | Props total: 3225 3225
Picasso Baby

About 7 tracks in and this is dope as fu*k so far. Like others are saying lyrically he aint really up to par but he might not need to be. Need to hear the rest though.

Another nice thing about this album so far to me is that he released it on the 4th and it's a perfect cookout album(at least so far). Has some chill out soothing beats and some harder stuff. There's just a few tracks so far that I'm not feeling his delivery or his flow(Got really Nicki Minaj towards the end of Heaven, and a little too Kanye for me in one of the other joints..and not the good Kanye), but I'm feeling this.


Last edited by Switchc2390; 07-04-2013 at 11:10 AM..
 4 years ago '10        #2769
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
n*ggas are exposing themselves thinking the lyrics are a.ss.

Damn, white people figured this one out so quickly.

The breadth of his subject matter - which also touches on family, loyalty, spirituality and fame - is matched by his lyrical acuity. His perspective is that of someone who has achieved much but hasn't lost sight of what brought him to this point.
 07-04-2013, 11:00 AM         #2770
Dream914 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 norcal925 said:
The production is so fu*king crazy on this album, I can't wait to play this in my car.
This is why I don't mind the wait for the hardcopy.
 07-04-2013, 11:00 AM         #2771
AJESUSPIECE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So Nas is officially the goat, but this is a solid album Hov knows how to stay relevant with production and riding other artist wave this time he's using JT. Good year for hip hop so far
 4 years ago '07        #2772
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
avatar space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573
 kk504 said:
i wouldn't give the production a 5/5. more like a 4/5. part II sounded like it shoulda been on a beyonce album. bbc sounded like a n.e.r.d throwaway.

i just got the vibe throughout that jay was tryna emulate a rick ross album. from the cadence on certain songs to the beat selection.

this is probably my second least favorite album from him next to kingdom come.

people who are saying this is better than american gangster are idiots. that album was pretty soilid throughout. had some mishaps, but also some really standout joints. this one doesn't have a single song that sticks out more than another.

if i had to rank all jay's albums, my list looks like this...

reasonable doubt
the blueprint
the black album
dynasty album (if people consider this a jay solo effort)
american gangster
vol 2
blueprint 3
blueprint 2
vol 3
vol 1
mghg
kingdom come


mchg is a 6.5/10 in my eyes
 4 years ago '11        #2773
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
avatar space
space
$11,808 | Props total: 1191 1191
 Dream914 said:
This is why I don't mind the wait for the hardcopy.
My car's in the shop till next week
 4 years ago '06        #2774
jj01 
space
avatar space
space
$44,940 | Props total: 4624 4624
 Root Of Evil said:
lyrically MCHG > AEOM

pac's passion, depth and song making ability make up for his average at times lyrics.

jay's lyrics and ear for beats and features are usually what ppl compliment most about him.

just accept the fact that this sh*t isnt all that man. yall were expecting some LIG level lyrical

focus on this and he failed u.
 4 years ago '07        #2775
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
avatar space
space
$17,724 | Props total: 4479 4479
Listened to it 3 times and this album is FLAMES!!!
 4 years ago '07        #2776
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
avatar space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573
 norcal925 said:
My car's in the shop till next week


convenient excuse
 4 years ago '07        #2777
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
avatar space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573
 jj01 said:
pac's passion, depth and song making ability make up for his average at times lyrics.

jay's lyrics and ear for beats and features are usually what ppl compliment most about him.

just accept the fact that this sh*t isnt all that man. yall were expecting some LIG level lyrical

focus on this and he failed u.
this is all bullsh*t

and

MCHG > LIG
 07-04-2013, 11:05 AM         #2778
Dream914 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 norcal925 said:
My car's in the shop till next week
 4 years ago '11        #2779
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
avatar space
space
$11,808 | Props total: 1191 1191
 Root Of Evil said:


convenient excuse




I've already posted mine, my baby got hit last week

Its all covered though
 4 years ago '04        #2780
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
clap for this n!gga with his rappin a.ss
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 60
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 43
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
82 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 41
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 14
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 13
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
62 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 8
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
40 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy