*Spoilers* Man of Steel Easter Eggs you missed: setup for future dc movies

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
151 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #1
16020 pageviews
63 comments

eddiefizzle 133 heat pts133
space
space
$2,792 | Props total: 506 506
*Spoilers* Man of Steel Easter Eggs you missed: setup for future dc movies

Man of steel was awesome but the action flew by so fast I missed some of the easter eggs hidden throughout the film.

Major Spoilers Ahead Stop reading if you have not seen the movie.... Check out Source articles below for some pictures!

Here are some:
Wayne Enterprises... In space
During the outer world f!ght between Superman and Zod, they end up destroying a satellite. Look closely and you'll notice the words 'Wayne Enterprises' on its outer shell. The concept of Batman and Superman on screen together for 'Justice League' is exciting to say the least.

Smallville without mentioning Smallville
We all know the Kent farm and the small-town battle (and utter destruction) takes place in Smallville, but the location is never explicitly mentioned and is only referenced in print.

Chloe Sullivan
During a flashback where a teenage Clark is about to be pummelled by a gang of bullies, his father intervenes, and in the background we see they're at Sullivan's Truck & Tractor, which is a nod to Chloe Sullivan (played by Allison Mack) in the show 'Smallville'. Her character was created specifically for the show, so is nice to see the reference.

LexCorp
A small, yet significant inclusion (and one fans will appreciate) is the shot of a tanker with the words 'LexCorp' on the side during the climactic battle. There's no sign of or mention of Lex himself, but it's nice to see a brief acknowledgement of his future nemesis' existence.

Prince of Thieves
This is more of a series of (convenient?) connections here, but here goes. Firstly, is it a coincidence that both Clarke's adopted dad (Jonathan Kent) and his real father (Jor-El) are played by Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe -- two actors that have both portrayed the outlaw Robin Hood? Both characters do questionable things for the greater good: Jonathan 'adopts' an abandoned Kal-El as his own, and Jor-El breaks Krypton law to save his son. Superman also has a similar dilemma when he must k!ll Zod -- even though murder is the one thing he doesn't wish to commit -- in order to save humanity.
It doesn't end there. 'Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves' (starring Costner) was directed by Kevin Reynolds. In 2002 he directed Cavill in his first major film ('The Count of Monte Cristo'); a film that also starred one-time Superman candidate Jim Caviezel. Caviezel went on to play Jesus in 'The Passion of the Christ', and isn't the common analogy of Superman meant to be a religious idea that he is Jesus?
A morphing tribute?

Call me crazy;
I'm pretty convinced by this one. As Superman is flying upwards into the beam of the ship that's in the process of terraforming Metropolis, I'm sure Henry Cavill's face alters, for a split second, to that of the late Christopher Reeve. Did anyone else notice this, or did I just see what I wanted to see?

Star Labs-
Star Labs is a shared continutity in the dc universe and means that they all co-exsist.

Booster Gold-
Character from the future can be seen on the blaze comics billboard advertisment.

Green Lantern-
The Carrie Farris character, which could be a nod to Carol Farris From Green Lantern.

Trident-
mentioned as possibly being related to Aquaman, along with a pair of whales.

Here are a couple great articles:
visit this link Man of Steel extensive Hints

visit this link One More Big Man of Steel Easter Egg Everyone Missed? - Cosmic Book News

Pretty Excited about the dc universe there building as superman as their flagship, sequel already underway and paving the way for the batman/superman movie and then of course wonder women film and a justice league movie! Check out the links alot of stuff I didnt even connect and Ive read superman comics for years.

Anyone catch anything else? Love to hear comments and speculation.image

63 comments for "*Spoilers* Man of Steel Easter Eggs you missed: setup for future dc movies"

4 years ago '04        #2
eddiefizzle 133 heat pts133 OP
space
space
one more great article,
sums up alot of what I was thinking anyone think that the empty pod in the fortress of solitude hinted at supergirl?

Last edited by eddiefizzle; 06-16-2013 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: no link
 4 years ago '06        #3
Junglist 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,047 | Props total: 9909 9909
A lot of reaching here but the lexcorp and Wayne enterprise references were cool
 4 years ago '07        #4
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,527 | Props total: 43702 43702
Call me crazy;
I'm pretty convinced by this one. As Superman is flying upwards into the beam of the ship that's in the process of terraforming Metropolis, I'm sure Henry Cavill's face alters, for a split second, to that of the late Christopher Reeve. Did anyone else notice this, or did I just see what I wanted to see?
 4 years ago '04        #5
space
space
Of course alot of it is tenative and reaching, I just thought some of the subtle things are setting up the superman universe for the expansion of future heroes and they are trying to do it classy without totally ripping off marvels film universe. Hard to do. The booster gold one is legit tho, thought it as pretty cool to setup up possible story lines like infinite crisis, would be epic on film.
 4 years ago '07        #6
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,784 | Props total: 1311 1311
The Wayne satellite seemed to be right above the action in Metropolis too. I wonder if Batman was live streaming right to the batcave.
 4 years ago '04        #7
space
space

and Iam not the author of that article btw... i didnt think christopher reeves face changed but they did pay homage to him.
 4 years ago '04        #8
space
space
 Daville502 said:
The Wayne satellite seemed to be right above the action in Metropolis too. I wonder if Batman was live streaming right to the batcave.

Exactly, definitely alluded that batman/luthor both waiting to approach superman/ keeping an eye on the events.
 4 years ago '11        #9
UrbanGAAWD 209 heat pts209
space
space
$7,295 | Props total: 1071 1071
i noticed the lexcorp gas truck when they flew into it and it blew up but had a hard time seeing the wayne enterprises on the satelittle but its probably something i need to watch that scene a couple of times to catch it

nice to see them reference sh*t outside of supermans world......we all need a JL movie and it wouldnt be possible without these small, yet big references....props to them

but they could have had an after credit scene....cmon son
 4 years ago '04        #10
space
space
marvel spearheaded that campaign, as a way to make the lasting impression of man of steel on a bad note, they were classy didnt copy marvel and no gimmicks. Marvel may have created the universe first, but in no way does that mean dc has to follow that structure i applaud how they are handling it, cant be easy everyone wants to be a chief in this world.
 4 years ago '09        #11
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,538 | Props total: 3831 3831
i saw the lexcorp truck on 2 occasions
when clark went back home to kansas, it was a lexcorp truck in the background. i'm not sure, but his mother asked him something & he said "it's a friend"
 4 years ago '04        #12
space
space
 Daville502 said:
 5_star_smitty said:
when clark went back home to kansas, it was a lexcorp truck in the background. i'm not sure, but his mother asked him something & he said "it's a friend"
He was referring to louis lane, that she was in fact trustworthy and was a quote on quote friend cause she had been asking for him around smallville.
 4 years ago '10        #13
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
No need for after credit scenes. If youre going to say something say it in the movie. The iron man 3 one was the most pointless sh*t ever
 4 years ago '04        #14
space
space
 G Code said:
No need for after credit scenes. If youre going to say something say it in the movie. The iron man 3 one was the most pointless sh*t ever
 4 years ago '04        #15
Bill-e Blanx 1 heat pts
space
space
$809 | Props total: 425 425
I thought I was the only one who caught that Christopher Reeves lookalike tribute..
 4 years ago '04        #16
Mumbletaker 58 heat pts58
space
space
$11,487 | Props total: 7162 7162
 5_star_smitty said:
I caught both lexcorp easter eggs but how did i miss the wayne one

I read somewhere that there's a wonder woman one too. Anyone else catch it or was it mde up?
 4 years ago '11        #17
UrbanGAAWD 209 heat pts209
space
space
$7,295 | Props total: 1071 1071
 Mumbletaker said:
I caught both lexcorp easter eggs but how did i miss the wayne one

I read somewhere that there's a wonder woman one too. Anyone else catch it or was it mde up?
Wonder Woman is on an island somewhere, she's not or any reference in it......and it happen fast......it's the scene when zod and kal are f!ghting on the after they destroy they trident sh*t

Anyone see my n*gga Elliot stabler
 4 years ago '12        #18
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,767 | Props total: 22152 22152
 Daville502 said:
Same thing I said as the movie could've ended with Bruce Wayne possibly going to Metropolis and questioning somethings.
 4 years ago '04        #19
Mumbletaker 58 heat pts58
space
space
$11,487 | Props total: 7162 7162
 UrbanGAAWD said:
Wonder Woman is on an island somewhere, she's not or any reference in it......and it happen fast......it's the scene when zod and kal are f!ghting on the after they destroy they trident sh*t

Anyone see my n*gga Elliot stabler
And Van Alden. And Jack Crawford.

Damn, gotta catch the WW one when it comes out on dvd
 4 years ago '05        #20
TheInevitable24 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,464 | Props total: 0 0
They used the exact same Smallville font on a water-tower in the background while Superman/Faora are f!ghting in the streets I geeked out at this, am mad I didn't catch the Sullivan's truck and tractor sign

Last edited by TheInevitable24; 06-16-2013 at 10:35 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
171 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
264 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
91 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
170 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
52 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
115 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy