Xbox One Family Share Plan Clarification

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
106 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1
9259 pageviews
53 comments

Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
Xbox One Family Share Plan Clarification

I know we are all confused about the details of this policy, and I hope this doesn't add any more confusion...I'm cross-posting this from another thread because it MAY answer some of the questions that are circulating in this thread. I went to the Microsoft store today and pre-ordered. There was a Microsoft representative there, since it's in Bellevue, so I decided to talk to him about some of the concerns and hopefully clarify a few things. I summarized what he said, but it was about a 20 minute convo and I asked him a bunch of different scenarios to try to nail down some specifics. Here's the points that I posted in the Hype thread:

Quote:

I talked to the 'on-site' Microsoft representative there about some of the issues, here's a rundown of some of the interesting things he said:

1. In the family/friend circle, concurrent play is allowed on the same game. Say I get battlefield 4 and put it in my share. 1 person can play it with me, single player and/or multiplayer.

2. The other 9 people no longer have access to my shared library until that person is done playing.

3. Every person within the group can make their shared games available, so if 5 people in the group buy battlefield 4, the other 5 can play concurrently through other 'shared libraries' in the group. This way, everyone gets to play.

4. (this one tidbit was REALLY interesting) Let's say you have battlefield 4 in your family share circle, and you pick up halo 5 when it drops. no one in that circle is really interested at all in that game. you can have OTHER circles that you can share games with. You CANNOT have the same game in multiple circles, however. So if you put Halo 5 in one, it cannot be in another unless you remove it from that circle. No word on how many circles you can have, however.

5. The trade-off with this system, as I know a lot of people on GAF were saying there HAD to be one, is already known. It's the 24-hour check. In order to make sure that this system isn't exploitable, they needed a way to ensure that games weren't being passed around physically to be pirated/exploited. So that's the trade-off, to get this type of sharing system between friends/family and keep devs/pubs happy.

There were other things, but I got stuck in traffic and this is all that I one-noted. If I explained something in a way that you don't get, I'll try to rephrase it for you. I'm paraphrasing most of this because our conversation was probably 20 minutes and I had to go through MULTIPLE scenarios and analogies to get exact info from him.

I'm still looking forward to Major Nelson laying it out in plain english, but there were some good tidbits. This is what the Microsoft stores are being trained with from the reps, so take that as you will.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.neogaf.com/for .. d.php?t=591751

53 comments for "Xbox One Family Share Plan Clarification"

5 years ago '10        #2
freshprinceoba 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,318 | Props total: 13 13
 Yinz N Burgh said:

Thanks for this. 2 people can play online at the same time with 1 game. You can have multiple circles.

The future is bright

Love the sarcasm
 5 years ago '04        #3
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,611 | Props total: 1783 1783
Wait, so only ONE person can play a game of yours at a time?

So Xbots cant even lend out two games to there "family" at a time? Watta buncha f*ggots.
 5 years ago '05        #4
phil_8705 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,139 | Props total: 872 872
6 in my area

06-15-2013, 08:59 PM         #5
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cold_young_thug said:
Wait, so only ONE person can play a game of yours at a time?

So Xbots cant even lend out two games to there "family" at a time? Watta buncha f*ggots.
so are sony fanboys going to break their discs in half so they can play the same game
online with one of their friends?

this is a cool feature stop hating bro
 06-15-2013, 09:01 PM         #6
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Devs just lost half their sales at least. Everybody who gets an Xbox One should get at least one person to split games with. Seeing as how you can play each other's games at the same time, that is the perfect scenario.

Xbox One games are now only $30. Find a partner and split the price. Huge win for Xbox One owners.
 5 years ago '12        #7
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
space
$16,310 | Props total: 3993 3993
The Circle will be strong.
 5 years ago '12        #8
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:
U also have to be using the same wifi network
you don't...
 5 years ago '05        #9
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,657 | Props total: 13768 13768
Xbox Won.
 5 years ago '05        #10
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,093 | Props total: 10785 10785
 Y.G. said:
Xbox Won.
you gon be in one circle... JetsLost gon be in a separate circle

the triforce of gaming will save us that PAPAGUAPO
 5 years ago '12        #11
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:
Source?

Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.
Now where is yours?
 5 years ago '04        #12
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 Mr I 95 said:
U also have to be using the same wifi network
Even if that were true (which it isn't) what kind of household uses different WiFi for everything

[pic - click to view]

06-15-2013, 09:28 PM         #13
BayArea51 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:
Even if that were true (which it isn't) what kind of household uses different WiFi for everything

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #14
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,093 | Props total: 10785 10785
 BayArea51 said:

[pic - click to view]

yo wtf has rony turiaf so excited here?
 5 years ago '12        #15
space
space
Please don't respond to Mr I 69.
 06-15-2013, 09:36 PM         #16
BayArea51 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P-Hill said:
yo wtf has rony turiaf so excited here?
:hillwhoa: lol whats up P-Hill
 5 years ago '05        #17
Greece 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,603 | Props total: 1202 1202
So you can share your game with one person at a time without physically giving it to them. This may save some time.
 5 years ago '12        #18
space
space
 Greece said:
So you can share your game with one person at a time without physically giving it to them. This may save some time.
It's convenient as fu*k. If any of yall buying the X1 cop games regularly, hit me up.
 5 years ago '05        #19
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,657 | Props total: 13768 13768
 P-Hill said:
you gon be in one circle... JetsLost gon be in a separate circle

the triforce of gaming will save us that PAPAGUAPO
The Holy Trinity.
[pic - click to view]

06-15-2013, 09:48 PM         #20
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
Devs just lost half their sales at least. Everybody who gets an Xbox One should get at least one person to split games with. Seeing as how you can play each other's games at the same time, that is the perfect scenario.

Xbox One games are now only $30. Find a partner and split the price. Huge win for Xbox One owners.
u can already do something simular with any digital game/dlc on 360/ps3

google gamesharing/ license tranfering
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
163 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
86 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy