The Official "The Last of Us" Thread

most viewed right now
 119
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
162 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 87
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 77
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 71
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
92 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '10        #241
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
avatar space
space
$34,129 | Props total: 15630 15630
 damien1928 said:
i'd rather it did though.....
its no way in hell you'd beat the game wit Bill loud a.ss footsteps pounding all over the place
 4 years ago '04        #242
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
 lboog1423 said:
its no way in hell you'd beat the game wit Bill loud a.ss footsteps pounding all over the place
Exactly.
 4 years ago '05        #243
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083
 famoussasjohn said:
Naughty Dog did this so you wouldn't be penalized for the character you have no control over.
I get that, but they should have gave your friendly AI better AI as well. At the very least you should have been able to give them orders, ala Mass Effect, on where you wanted them to go and take cover/etc.

Not a big complaint, just took away from the realism of the game for me.

 damien1928 said:
i'd rather it did though.....
Same here.
 4 years ago '05        #244
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
avatar space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Just finished it great game. Naughty Dog k!lled it this gen. Up there with God of War 3 for my favorite PS3 title. Ending was crazy but I could feel myself doing the exact same thing in the end.
[spoiler - click to view]



Last edited by PhI|0z0pH3r; 06-21-2013 at 03:53 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #245
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083

[pic - click to view]



Trilluminati GA gave props
 
 4 years ago '05        #246
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083

[pic - click to view]



Trilluminati GA gave props
 
 4 years ago '12        #247
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$8,610 | Props total: 2124 2124
People are really complaining about the partner AI? I just thought that sh*t was funny. The only time I didn't think it was funny is when I was sneaking up behind a clicker and Bill decided he was going to pop a shot as I was going for the k!ll. I wasn't laughing then.
 4 years ago '05        #248
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083
 LicensedLegend said:
People are really complaining about the partner AI? I just thought that sh*t was funny.


So, a game that is supposed to be dark as fu*k, and part of the horror genre at times, was inadvertently humorous to you at times?

And you don't get why that quality was bothersome for some people?



Like I said, I absolutely loved the game, might be one of my all-time favorite games, and it's my GOTY so far this year (Followed by Bioshock), but the AI could have definitely used some work.

For instance, the AI in Bioshock was much better.
 4 years ago '10        #249
ecomog 98 heat pts98
space
avatar space
space
$3,206 | Props total: 395 395
 ReppinDaBurghh said:

[pic - click to view]



 06-21-2013, 05:42 PM         #250
Se7en 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyone know if this is on sale anywhere? Got a friend trying to cop but doesn't want to spend the whole $60
 06-21-2013, 05:45 PM         #251
LakeHawks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Se7en said:
Anyone know if this is on sale anywhere? Got a friend trying to cop but doesn't want to spend the whole $60
What a cheap Bstrd

Tell him go to gamestop and buy used

New egg had it for 45 back in the day tho (around release)
 4 years ago '05        #252
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083
 Pierced Talentz said:
back in the day
Back in the day is a week ago now.

 06-21-2013, 05:53 PM         #253
Se7en 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pierced Talentz said:
What a cheap Bstrd

Tell him go to gamestop and buy used

New egg had it for 45 back in the day tho (around release)
Lol that's what I was saying.oh well lol. He ain't borrowing my sh*t
 4 years ago '06        #254
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$13,522 | Props total: 949 949
The stealth is funny/broken sometimes. Those infected that can see have eagle eyes wtf.
Trilluminati GA gave props
 
 06-21-2013, 06:06 PM         #255
fatboi1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ReppinDaBurghh said:


So, a game that is supposed to be dark as fu*k, and part of the horror genre at times, was inadvertently humorous to you at times?

And you don't get why that quality was bothersome for some people?



Like I said, I absolutely loved the game, might be one of my all-time favorite games, and it's my GOTY so far this year (Followed by Bioshock), but the AI could have definitely used some work.

For instance, the AI in Bioshock was much better.
No it wasn't. This AI sh*t is being overblown.

For one, that enemy not reacting to your AI is very minuscule compared to how great it is. Your AI can k!ll enemies for you, can distract enemies with bricks, can interrupt enemies f!ghting you and so forth. I've had Ellie jump on dudes back and stab them to death for you. I don't remember other games I've played where your allies actually k!lled enemies for you. Bill would chop up runners and clickers while I'm literally in a struggle with them.

Elizabeth literally did nothing but run around the battlefield and throw coins and ammo at you. Plus that game wasn't stealth based so it's not even in the same league. Plus are we conveniently forgetting how amazing the enemy AI is when they're coordinating tactics against you?? Let them see you, run away and hide and listen to their dialogue. sh*t is really crazy.

I've had AI that reacted to me running out of bullets, to them begging for their lives when they're down with a shotty to the face. There is no way someone is telling me other game AI has AI that intricate. Yea the little partner AI being sort of invisible to enemies when in stealth is nothing compared to how good it is.


Last edited by fatboi1; 06-21-2013 at 06:10 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #256
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083
 fatboi1 said:
No it wasn't. This AI sh*t is being overblown.

For one, that enemy not reacting to your AI is very minuscule compared to how great it is. Your AI can k!ll enemies for you, can distract enemies with bricks, can interrupt enemies f!ghting you and so forth. I've had Ellie jump on dudes back and stab them to death for you. I don't remember other games I've played where your allies actually k!lled enemies for you. Bill would chop up runners and clickers while I'm literally in a struggle with them.

Elizabeth literally did nothing but run around the battlefield and throw coins and ammo at you. Plus that game wasn't stealth based so it's not even in the same league. Plus are we conveniently forgetting how amazing the enemy AI is when they're coordinating tactics against you?? Let them see you, run away and hide and listen to their dialogue. sh*t is really crazy.

I've had AI that reacted to me running out of bullets, to them begging for their lives when they're down with a shotty to the face. There is no way someone is telling me other game AI has AI that intricate. Yea the little partner AI being sort of invisible to enemies when in stealth is nothing compared to how good it is.
I get what you're saying, but there is a reason that in a near flawless game, the one flaw that most reviewers are pointing out is the faulty AI. I said it was a minor problem, I'm not acting like it annoyed me and made me think anything significantly less of the game. But it was apparent and it took you out of the immersion of the experience, in my opinion.

It's my favorite game since Uncharted 3. I'm not trying to talk sh*t on the game.

A little minor criticism and people get up in arms
 4 years ago '06        #257
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$13,522 | Props total: 949 949
Last of us AI>
Bill and the machete>
Ellie with the timely shiv>

There were some sections that were unclear if you had to blast everyone of sneak past. Wasted some tries and time there
Trilluminati GA gave props
 
 06-21-2013, 07:19 PM         #258
fatboi1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
I get what you're saying, but there is a reason that in a near flawless game, the one flaw that most reviewers are pointing out is the faulty AI. I said it was a minor problem, I'm not acting like it annoyed me and made me think anything significantly less of the game. But it was apparent and it took you out of the immersion of the experience, in my opinion.

It's my favorite game since Uncharted 3. I'm not trying to talk sh*t on the game.

A little minor criticism and people get up in arms
I get what you saying but It didn't affect me as again the AI didn't react the same way in every playthrough. Only a few times it did that and it was more so something like "wtf!?" but then another dude would slam a 2x4 in my face quickly brought me back in.
 4 years ago '08        #259
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$13,357 | Props total: 271 271
 Blood Edge said:
Burg is right about the AI in this game. But the friendly AI is wack because the other option of making them good, but visible to enemies was too frustrating for most players.

Enemy AI was dumbed down too. Patrol paths weren't dynamic, close range sight lines don't expose the player even on survivor, and enemies always move in the area where the player is, even if you don't lure them. Again, this was done to help players. They had an extensive breakdown of the AI on reddit a while back.
agree on enemy AI being dumbed down. last scene or part of game in the hospital.

a brick showed up in the same spot every time and i picked it up and threw it to the same spot every time to get these n*ggas with m16s to walk to the same spot every time and picked them off one by one, all of them like "you hear that?" slowly walk over, shot to the dome. now that i beat the game, i wish i could just replay that one part cause i spammed the hell out of that part...cause i was struggling.
Trilluminati GA gave props
 
 4 years ago '05        #260
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083
 Blood Edge said:
Burg is right about the AI in this game. But the friendly AI is wack because the other option of making them good, but visible to enemies was too frustrating for most players.

Enemy AI was dumbed down too. Patrol paths weren't dynamic, close range sight lines don't expose the player even on survivor, and enemies always move in the area where the player is, even if you don't lure them. Again, this was done to help players. They had an extensive breakdown of the AI on reddit a while back.
Happy we agreed for once, but I'm just curious as to how many subreddits you have been banned from on Reddit, considering they are far less lenient on spoilers (When it comes to any sort of entertainment) then Boxden, and you're notorious for being one of the biggest spoilers on this forum

Or do you just troll here and act responsible over there?
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 37
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 34
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 25
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 13
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 9
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 6
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy