Rolling Stone Gives Yeezus 4.5 out of 5 stars

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #141
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1668 1668
 literal miracle said:
Tried to tell yall this is near/potential classic. Time always tells. Problem is young/narrow/undeveloped minds, especially when it comes to musical genres, don't know sh*t from gold when they hear it...it's pathetic really but you can't get mad at someone for only listening to or expecting one type of sound their entire life. This album is quality and gets better and better every time you listen. Haven't had the urge to listen to any of the other albums that dropped the last few days since Yeezus landed.
To a.ssess one's "underdeveloped mind", you'd need to really dig into their intelligence. I'm a.ssuming you're super smart since, after all, your mind is more developed than the rest of ours. How much money do you make from your prestigious job? What degrees do you have to show for your intelligence? How many achievements have you racked up from your mind? How have you changed the world for the better lately? How does that stack up with the rest of the people you just criticised for being dumb?

People are judgmental as hell, man. Chill.
 4 years ago '08        #142
hollaballooza 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,250 | Props total: 430 430
 youduglas said:
listening right now. best part of On Sight was the sample it cut to. rest of it was straight trash.
wtf.... this sh*t is straight garbage two tracks in...
i am not a kanye fan at all but i was going to give this an unbiased listen but so far this is horrible..

edit 1: three tracks in.... this is absolutely terrible.

edit 2: New Slaves is ok. the unneeded sounds, reverbs, echos, cuts that make zero sense, and terrible autotuning make this sound so fckin amateur tho.

edit 3: hold my liquor..... garbage.

edit 4: im in it is aight... at least it was until about 1 minute before it ended. christ... blood on the leaves sounds absolutely horrible 1 minute into it...... 7 tracks in and this was given 4's and 5's............ gtfoh. this is probably the worst album ive ever actually listened to straight thru.

edit 5: blood on the leaves has the absolute worst ending ive heard in my life.

edit 6: 9 tracks in. garbage. im done. im not listening to the rest of the 9th track and the last sh*t. this was fu*king horrible.
pretty much sums up the entire thread. not even a full listen through. albums take more than a listen through to form a valid opinion. listening and updating your thoughts with every track listen isn't exactly a critical analysis.
i didn't really feel the album on first listen, but i'm honestly like that with most albums, especially the critically acclaimed onces; for me it's the day after that - when listening - i can establish if it's to my tastes or not.

you people are hating just to hate.
 4 years ago '05        #143
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,723 | Props total: 2177 2177
let me go ahead and chime in in this mutha fu*ka..

... sh*t is not that dope..

not even his 2nd best album...
 4 years ago '05        #144
lil 1 
space
space
space
$464 | Props total: 0 0
well J Cole won. hands down 7:30.

It has to be the worst kanye album out. Don't know what they were reviewing but hopefully for Kanye, what everyone has heard, has to be a fake.

The flow on some songs are wack, the lyrics are wack and in some instances the beat is wack. Just a disappointment but he will go platinum because they stores already preorder his stuff and then when you consider his die hard fans.

Makes me wonder how his next album will do tho
 4 years ago '05        #145
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,887 | Props total: 5120 5120
Im sorry album was horrible for a kanye album...
 4 years ago '06        #146
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
 4 years ago '06        #147
d4deesnuts 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,425 | Props total: 3135 3135
noone gives a fu*k about rolling stones reviews, when this dude said his favorite kanye album was beautiful dark twisted fantasy, thats when i knew this guy liked sh*t music. That was personally his worst album to me, i couldn't stand listening to that garbage.
 06-16-2013, 09:19 AM         #148
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 snippet said:
Man, ease up. Kanye is a great artist. In fact, he's the best hip hop artist of all time in my opinion. Not the best rapper of all time, or the best lyricist of all time, or the greatest producer of all time. But if all those things make up a hip hop artist, he's the greatest hip hop artist of all time thus far.

But this sh*t is trash. You can still like it - nothing wrong with that, and to each his own. But don't tell people they just don't understand it or that they are small minded unless you have good cause to do so. I think it is trash and I'm not small minded or dumb.

If you think it is that good, it will show up eventually, whether in continued praise by some, or in longevity, or in the impact it makes on music, rap, or art as a whole. So why berate people who don't like it? There's no point.
The Irony of a man that says Kanye West of all people is the greatest Hip Hop Artist of all time AND that his latest Album is Trash.........

4 years ago '11        #149
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
Lol@whitey I hope you ******s don't fall for this, and start trying to make all hip hop sound like ye, that would suck. Props to ye for doing him But fu*k rolling stones and all them other whitey media muthafu*kas. Come on in utero and manson? Smh I damn near want to Reginald Denny one of them bastards fu*k pc yell
 4 years ago '12        #150
WhosIt 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,624 | Props total: 1150 1150
My question yall n*ggas who saying its good, is it better than MBDTF?
 4 years ago '07        #151
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,325 | Props total: 1110 1110
 ddoucette214 said:
I can see why the lyrics are top notch as usual and the production/sound is like nothing i ever heard before so i think this could be a game changing release.
really? Kanye hasn't had a hot bar since CDO
 4 years ago '12        #152
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,117 | Props total: 15672 15672
 WhosIt said:
No. Hell No.

I knew MBDTF was special when I first played it. Yeezus is taking me time to get into, but I definitely don't hate it.

Last edited by CosbySweater; 06-16-2013 at 11:07 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #153
grydlok 38 heat pts38
space
space
$8,641 | Props total: 1092 1092
 bigbarcelona said:
To keep it simple... You don't understand the album because it clearly wasn't made for ignorant hood a.ss n*ggas like you. So if you're into Trap music but never bother to listen to other musical genres, then sure, you'll be too dumb or stupid to get it. And with a nickname like yours, it makes my point very solid as well. Now, go back to listening to Wacka or Yo Gotti.
you gong to cut that hood n*gga sh*t out white boy, I don't listen to any of that trap sh*t and I think the Kanye sh*t sounds like noise.
 4 years ago '04        #154
thewaitisover 
space
space
space
$704 | Props total: 11 11
This album is right in line with Canibus - C: True Hollywood Stories...
 4 years ago '10        #155
kingdavid22 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,328 | Props total: 446 446
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
I'm sorry, but this was wack as fu*k....
I'm a Kanye fan, but it sounds like he made this album on the back of a school bus...

When I heard the song new slaves I was like

06-16-2013, 12:21 PM         #156
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 grydlok said:
you gong to cut that hood n*gga sh*t out white boy, I don't listen to any of that trap sh*t and I think the Kanye sh*t sounds like noise.

You bum a.ss n*gga I'm black, so get that sh*t out of here.
 4 years ago '07        #157
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14588 14588
 Jaymalls said:
Actually a perfect example you dumbass n*gga.... Keef never sounded like how he had on Yeezus before, probably wont ever again!

you mad and yea he has he just hasn't been auto tuned like that

WhosIt said:
Its as if MBDTF and 808s met up, fu*ked and had a baby. Yeezus grew on me. It's still around a 6/10 imo. Cole has the better hip-hop album.

MOTTAFOOKAH said:
really? Kanye hasn't had a hot bar since CDO
When Ye actually raps its alright. I think Im in it, and Blood on the Leaves are probably two of his better songs in his catalog out of the last few albums.

Last edited by TH35; 06-16-2013 at 12:27 PM..
 4 years ago '07        #158
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
black skinhead on FLAC
 06-16-2013, 12:39 PM         #159
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Terrible I listened to this thing 5 times over.......Yeezy dropped the ball. How rolling stone gave it this score is beyond me.
 4 years ago '05        #160
A~team 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,768 | Props total: 1579 1579
this is one of his best works to date

he reinvents himself on every album sh*t is crazy kanyes gonna go down as one of the greats.

bound 2>>>any track released thus far this year
Home      

most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc