most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
51 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #121
Confidance 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,776 | Props total: 144 144
Devil music. No thanks
 06-15-2013, 09:17 PM         #122
BdotGdot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The sh__ is a bunch of noise, son. All rap ain't hip-hop. Conye is whining over a collection of varied noise. But them white folks love him, so he'll always be overrated. Real ngz know - that album ain't even worth the few minutes it took to pirate it.
 4 years ago '11        #123
Jaymalls 58 heat pts58
space
space
$3,933 | Props total: 366 366
 Beantown Bully said:

acting like an iq over 100 is good

once you hit my 131 certified iq total, holla at me
Help me do my 2013-14 taxes then fuq n*gga...
 4 years ago '05        #124
Panopticon 42 heat pts42
space
space
$23,924 | Props total: 11287 11287
 literal miracle said:
Problem is young/narrow/undeveloped minds, especially when it comes to musical genres, don't know sh*t from gold when they hear it...it's pathetic really but you can't get mad at someone for only listening to or expecting one type of sound their entire life.

[pic - click to view]

06-15-2013, 09:27 PM         #125
youdug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
listening right now. best part of On Sight was the sample it cut to. rest of it was straight trash.
wtf.... this sh*t is straight garbage two tracks in...
i am not a kanye fan at all but i was going to give this an unbiased listen but so far this is horrible..

edit 1: three tracks in.... this is absolutely terrible.

edit 2: New Slaves is ok. the unneeded sounds, reverbs, echos, cuts that make zero sense, and terrible autotuning make this sound so fckin amateur tho.

edit 3: hold my liquor..... garbage.

edit 4: im in it is aight... at least it was until about 1 minute before it ended. christ... blood on the leaves sounds absolutely horrible 1 minute into it...... 7 tracks in and this was given 4's and 5's............ gtfoh. this is probably the worst album ive ever actually listened to straight thru.

edit 5: blood on the leaves has the absolute worst ending ive heard in my life.

edit 6: 9 tracks in. garbage. im done. im not listening to the rest of the 9th track and the last sh*t. this was fu*king horrible.

Last edited by youdug; 06-15-2013 at 10:01 PM..
 06-15-2013, 09:34 PM         #126
BdotGdot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NiteTerroz said:
The album is FIRE. Its outside the box. So ratchet n*ggas with hood mentality stuck in they box wont understand. It's a concept album. It dont sound like nothing else out there. You n*ggas calling it garbage are the n*ggas who listen to the same wack sh*t over and over and over again. Who call rock white boy music. Not knowing the actually history of it. CONCEPT ALBUM dummies. The beats are progressive not the normal hi hats and snaps. Not gonna waste anymore time tryna explain it to monkeys who only want the same bananas they used too.

ALBUM IS FIRE!!!! 4/5 (Just wish it had about 3-4 more tracks)
n*gga you done? That sh*t is retarded like 95% of the rest of mainstream hip-hop. Oh wait... that sh*t ain't even hip-hop, so n*ggas like you gotta come up with sh*t like "outside the box" and "concept album".

GTFOH!!
 4 years ago '07        #127
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 literal miracle said:
Tried to tell yall this is near/potential classic. Time always tells. Problem is young/narrow/undeveloped minds, especially when it comes to musical genres, don't know sh*t from gold when they hear it...it's pathetic really but you can't get mad at someone for only listening to or expecting one type of sound their entire life. This album is quality and gets better and better every time you listen. Haven't had the urge to listen to any of the other albums that dropped the last few days since Yeezus landed.

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '07        #128
NuffGanja 117 heat pts117
space
space
$35,711 | Props total: 14906 14906
expected garbage... pleased wen i discovered gold...

edit:
wow a lot of ppl on this thread say its bad, huh?
perhaps its the fact i had low expectations? 4.5/5 thoroughly enjoyable

Last edited by NuffGanja; 06-15-2013 at 10:44 PM..
 4 years ago '13        #129
The Originator 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,865 | Props total: 3850 3850
I heard the album for the first time today. I let it play through one time while I was cleanin the crib and thought it was aight. didn't really pay ttention. But I know yeezy is more that just rap now.. He on his world icon sh*t. His music def sounds dif, but that don't mean its bad. There are a couple songs I was really feelin though..that I can remember.
 4 years ago '05        #130
blackninja 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,998 | Props total: 3512 3512
I am about to review this album for allhiphop.com. Yeezus is NOT one of Kanye's best IMO.
 4 years ago '12        #131
Tyrantula 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,422 | Props total: 744 744
After raging hard first time in. Im spining it for the 3rd time like
 4 years ago '05        #132
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,401 | Props total: 676 676
im disappointed... album was a.ss till new slaves then picked up pace after that... 3.5/5

cole murdered ye on album quality
 4 years ago '07        #133
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 NuffGanja said:
expected garbage... pleased wen i discovered gold...

edit:
wow a lot of ppl on this thread say its bad, huh?
perhaps its the fact i had low expectations? 4.5/5 thoroughly enjoyable
n*ggas was expecting a lupe fiasco album

ignorant n*ggas aint prepared for this classic sh*t right chea
 4 years ago '05        #134
jvee 1 heat pts
space
space
$867 | Props total: 228 228
aint feelin this, cant dig this dudes music anymore, college dropout still my fav ye cd
 4 years ago '13        #135
Slickster90 
space
space
$1,582 | Props total: 1088 1088
Not really my cup of tea...

I'm a give it a few more plays though and see...

I wouldn't call it complete trash, but it surely ain't fire either...
 4 years ago '10        #136
VeX 
space
space
$3,718 | Props total: 43 43
Awful album, IDGAF what anybody says.
 4 years ago '10        #137
VeX 
space
space
$3,718 | Props total: 43 43
 NiteTerroz said:
The album is FIRE. Its outside the box. So ratchet n*ggas with hood mentality stuck in they box wont understand. It's a concept album. It dont sound like nothing else out there. You n*ggas calling it garbage are the n*ggas who listen to the same wack sh*t over and over and over again. Who call rock white boy music. Not knowing the actually history of it. CONCEPT ALBUM dummies. The beats are progressive not the normal hi hats and snaps. Not gonna waste anymore time tryna explain it to monkeys who only want the same bananas they used too.

ALBUM IS FIRE!!!! 4/5 (Just wish it had about 3-4 more tracks)
lmao... please stop with this bullsh*t.
 06-16-2013, 04:31 AM         #138
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People need to stop calling this "hip hop" cause it ain't. Just like Nicki isn't hip hop. Kanye used to be hip hop...maybe he will again, but this sh*t right here is NOT hip hop. Just because he speaks in a cadence during it doesn't mean it's hip hop.
 06-16-2013, 05:04 AM         #139
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyone interested can read my thoughts on the album via the link in my sig. Below is a snippet.

Another aspect to this new album that I found interesting was the reaction to the new songs on Saturday Night Live. The subject matter is much more dark and "real world" if you will, than a lot of his past stuff, which tends to focus on materialism and whatnot. I've seen numerous people praising Kanye for the songs and going on about how deep and intellectual the songs truly are, if you could only "hear" them.

And if you take it on face value and don't focus on WHO is saying the words, rather WHAT is being said, yes, it's a very thought provoking couple of songs lashing out at everything from racism to materialism to the act of having to sell out to get ahead.

That's actually quite commendable for someone to tackle, and it is not a "Safe" song to do. I think the imagery that he included with it only hammers that home even more. It's discomforting and unsettling. And it's supposed to be. It's never really easy to have to address bad things in history, nor really should it be.

However my problem comes in with the messenger. I think that if someone else came through with this message it would perhaps have a bit more...weight behind it. It would demand more attention, it would insist upon more respect. If Immortal Technique or Mos Def or Talib Kweli or someone of their status did this, that would really be a powerful piece.

If Jasiri X, a New York rapper who is known for his politically charged songs dealing with social issues, came out with these songs, I would be able to take it much more seriously than Kanye, as Jasiri has a well known history of this type of important music.

[video - click to view]

Of course none of them have the massive world wide appeal of a Kanye West, so their versions wouldn't get a tenth of the response or attention, however they also have much more credibility in this department than Kanye. He may be 100% sincere in this, and I'm sure he is. However Kanye is not the person I go to for socially conscious music. Especially not since the unfortunate death of his mother in 2007. He's been on a helluva wild ride since then, and has been gradually spiralling out of control, in my opinion. One only has to listen to his music pre- 808's and Heartbreak and everything that's come AFTER it.

Night and day.

I've written plenty on that aspect before, so I'm not getting into it now.As I said, the new songs have a certain powerful aspect to it, whether it's the castigating of materialism and selling out for corporatism, or the horrors of lynching in the south on "Blood on the Leaves". It's all heavy heavy sh*t that should be acknowledged. I'm afraid, though, that because it's coming from Kanye West, many people will simply dismiss it. I'm trying not to dismiss it despite my clearly not being a fan of his anymore. I think, unfortunately, that's the situation he's in.

I think many people are like myself in that I don't look at Kanye and see "socially conscious" or someone who is a respected leader of men. I don't see someone who can legitimately kickstart a conversation on the role that race plays in this troubled country's history. I just don't. As I said before, there are plenty of rappers I COULD see do that and much more convincingly.

If Lupe Fiasco or Chuck D came out with those songs, it would be lent a level of credibility. When Kanye does it it reeks of someone who is punching above his weight, so to speak. His father may have been a Black Panther, however Kanye has never been about that life, as it were. There's never been anything really about Kanye or his music that screamed revolutionary, although there have been little bits and pieces here and there dealing with socially conscious issues. Just nothing to this extent. But maybe this is his entry into the area of political music.
 4 years ago '10        #140
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
 literal miracle said:
Tried to tell yall this is near/potential classic. Time always tells. Problem is young/narrow/undeveloped minds, especially when it comes to musical genres, don't know sh*t from gold when they hear it...it's pathetic really but you can't get mad at someone for only listening to or expecting one type of sound their entire life. This album is quality and gets better and better every time you listen. Haven't had the urge to listen to any of the other albums that dropped the last few days since Yeezus landed.

The irony is that posts like these clearly demonstrate who the ignorant ones really are.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago