DaOmega_1 reviews "Man of Steel"

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
50 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '08        #121
BRonin357 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,877 | Props total: 1157 1157
 SokeSleezy said:
this is my biggest complaint of the film...the entire first half felt like if i was skippin thru scenes of a downloaded copy to see if the quality was good,it didnt flow together was just like random scenes thrown together.. the relationship wit Lois felt forced,it was all hi im lois,bamm i love you! and she reminds me too much of PAM from The Office for me to take her serious as Lois Lane

And him
[spoiler - click to view]

was no need for that type of changing of the story,it didnt add anything...

and the stupidest thing was them basically saying

action was great though and the casting was good too minus Lois and his Kryptonian mother...
Happy to see another Naruto fan, but you've got it wrong

Plus Pam from the office this chick is not! Their romance wasn't forced so much as it was her all ready to get smutted by a dude who looks like he could be a male model and has saved her from near death a hundred times!

Good review Omega, I don't always agree wit you, but this review hit the nail on the head!
 4 years ago '11        #122
bosslife11 26 heat pts26
space
space
$3,489 | Props total: 2692 2692
Good review. I may have to go with a 9.0/10.0. It was a great movie, but it definitely has flaws. It would have been a good addition if they had a few more scenes showing how Krypton's society was. It would have forced the audience to understand Zod and the others a bit more. They should have driven home that Zod was doing what he was bred to do. I guess maybe showing the different parts of their society in there natural setting in a few minute scene.

Also, I think they should have incorporated a bit more of Snyder's tactics. A few slow motion f!ght scenes between superman and zod would have been nice to see. The f!ght scenes were insane, but they may have been a bit over the top. Nevertheless, I enjoyed them a lot.

People are rating this movie based on the wrong logic. This was like Batman begins. It showed how Kal-El becomes superman. Everything that happens in the movie contributes to the man he becomes. This movie shouldn't get lower than an 8.
 4 years ago '04        #123
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,974 | Props total: 121 121
im in agreement that they should of shown more Krypton that sh*t looked epic.. and anyone else pick up how much young clark looked like Tom Welling from Smallville show?
 4 years ago '07        #124
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 bosslife11 said:
People are rating this movie based on the wrong logic. This was like Batman begins. It showed how Kal-El becomes superman. Everything that happens in the movie contributes to the man he becomes. This movie shouldn't get lower than an 8.
We get the idea. It was the execution of the idea that was horrible. 5-6 sounds more appropriate. It shouldn't get anything higher than a 6.5
 4 years ago '10        #125
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,157 | Props total: 15695 15695
you i legit teared up at the end where it showed the kid playing around in the cape
 4 years ago '05        #126
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4115 4115
 lboog1423 said:
you i legit teared up at the end where it showed the kid playing around in the cape
Yeah, I thought that was a really nice touch.
 4 years ago '06        #127
BigPervy 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,920 | Props total: 29 29
 DaOmega_1 said:

When the credits started to roll, my friend sitting next to me was crying. She broke down, sobbing, truly emotional. I asked her what was wrong. She looked at me, face still bright red, and in a crackling voice said “This is my Superman. My entire childhood, everything I knew Superman to be is here. I… thought I’d never see it”.

“Man of Steel” will hit a lot of people very deeply. As for my audience, the audience went into riotous applause on at least three occasions in the film. It totally had us captivated. And, it isn’t because of the special effects, or the actions.

It’s simply because of Clark Kent aka Kal-El.

This is a thorough reimagining of the Superman mythos. The changes made to continuity are all bold & ballsy in ways that I wasn’t expecting. Superman has always had the stigma of being “overpowered”, or not relatable. And, maybe the outdated view of Superman in the past (the Richard Donner films) was in direct reaction to America needing a hero to believe in on the big screen.

To have a relatable Superman was on the backburner for those films. Flash forward to today, you have a Superman that feels strangely alien and foreign from us. Zack Snyder makes the interesting choice to make the alien & foreign nature of Kal-El a focal point of the entire film. And, miraculously that creates a Clark Kent/Kal-El that feels more human.

“Man of Steel” is an experience. Deeply emotional, surprisingly soulful, and ballsy. It is at once the biggest AND smallest Superman film ever made. It is a surprisingly intimate story. In fact, what impressed me was the fact that Clark Kent/Kal-El is essentially an introvert. He doesn’t do a lot of talking. But, Henry Cavill’s performance speaks volumes, and radiates a need to do good for the Earth.

However, what sparks an internal conflict is the relationship he has with Pa Kent (Kevin Costner) and Ma Kent (Diane Lane), the adoptive parents who found him as an infant. We get a view of Clark as a child, grappling with his newfound abilities. At one point, in a heartbreaking moment, he asks his mother “what’s wrong with me”. It’s those moments that invest us in the character of Superman. Had that not been there, all the visual effects in existence wouldn’t have mattered in the slightest.

What also makes this film so strong is how thoroughly it takes us through the journey of Krypton’s last days. We spend a good 20 minutes on Krypton at the very beginning of the film. Honestly, I couldn’t believe it had taken all these years to fully realize Krypton. We spend a lot of time with Superman’s biological parents, and seeing their struggle against General Zod. In fact, one of the strongest thematic threads in the film is how important Krypton’s existence is, and how torn Kal-El is about the plot at hand to ensure Krypton’s survival.

Of course, Lois Lane has a major hand in the events of this film. This is, I think, the single best screen-version of that character I’ve ever seen. Amy Adams brings intelligence to the role that I thought was refreshing for her character. She isn’t nearly the ditz that she was in previous versions. First & foremost, Lois Lane is an investigative journalist. We get a good bit of the film with her doing her job, chasing leads, and being fully capable (which is more than I can say for nearly any other blockbuster this year).

General Zod makes a convincing case for the central conflict. He’s a villain we understand, which makes the emotional gut punch of the film’s final f!ght scene that much stronger. It hits you. Hard. And, Michael Shannon brings so much to that performance that I’m almost certain didn’t originate from the page. However, as far as villains go, Faora steals the show.

Now, you may have noticed that I haven’t talked about the action sequences at all during this review. And, that’s because the action wouldn’t have mattered at all if the character work wasn’t as strong as it was. But, rest a.ssured, the physicality of Superman has finally been displayed in all its wonder. Superman is unleashed here, and the scale of the action & destruction is unlike anything I’ve ever seen in a Superhero Film. Like, we talk about “The Avengers”, or “The Dark Knight Rises”… But, honestly in terms of the action & the scope of it, never has it ever been as fully realized as it is here.

It is, at once, exhilarating and exhausting. During the film’s final 45 minutes, my face was actually starting to hurt because I was smiling so much. The action here is f*cking awesome.

Now, I’ve read reviews that have complained about the film’s perceived lack of humor or levity. And, I can’t help but disagree with them. It’s not that the movie is humor or joyless, in fact, the film ends on such a beautifully hopeful note, I couldn’t help but smile. The truth is, I think most critics are still holding on to the Superman of the past. But this Superman is one that seems more palatable for our times and interests. We will always have Christopher Reeves, but this one is for a new generation. And, they’ve managed to perfectly update Superman as an entity for a totally new audience.

It’s not a perfect film, however. If you see this film in 3D, you might get a little dizzy from some of the shaky cam, especially during the first hour or so. The screenplay by David S. Goyer (co-written by Christopher Nolan) has some dialogue that can be perceived as hokey or corny. And, also the screenplay feels almost like, in the first half hour, the movie is on fast forward. It almost needs another 10 or 15 minutes to allow more of the film’s themes to play out a little more convincingly. And, there is A LOT of action in the last third. Maybe a little too much… Maybe.

But, those quibbles aside, this is first-rate majestic blockbuster filmmaking. It is a reintroduction into the Superman mythos, and a beautifully told story about identity, doubt, reconciliation with oneself, and making tough decisions. Simultaneous intimate and epic, this film is certainly one of the most deeply effective superhero films ever made. I loved it from top to bottom.

As my friend (at the beginning of the review) cried what I a.ssumed were tears of joy, I couldn’t help but think that this is a film that will connect with people on a deeply emotional level. And, that (to me, at least) is what I will always take away from this film.

I honestly cannot wait to see it again.

SCORE: 9.5 (out of 10) = DOPENESS
I agree with everything said here. I felt a flood of emotions whenever Costner was on the screen. I think I'm in the minority in actually loving how they placed the story and did break up things. I didn't want to see the story flow from krypton to clarks childhood to his adult hood to his becoming superman. That would have been too predictable. By them changing up the pace and actually showing you how Clark had conflict dealing with who he really was and how he would handle coming out to the world made it seem very realistic to me. My gripe is that he really didn't get a lot from Jor El in this film and I'm not sure how he'll get any more from him

4 years ago '06        #128
BigPervy 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,920 | Props total: 29 29
Also did anyone else pickup how well Henry Cavill mimicked some of his speech pattern to Christoper Reeves' Superman?
 4 years ago '08        #129
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
Review is on point. I loved this film and planning to catch it again. A superman movie done right in this modern era.

And for those that didn't like it, sucks for you.

Last edited by KarteL13; 06-17-2013 at 09:05 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #130
2113 36 heat pts36
space
space
$2,364 | Props total: 49 49
Movie was dope!!! I'd give it a 9.0/10 ....one of the things I loved the most about this movie is the ending....it was the most satisfying ending i've seen in a comicbook movie,and I like that it didn't need to have a secret scene after the credits or hint at a hidden villian just to set up for sequels.I hope this is the beggining of something big for the DC universe on the silver screen,they have already conquered every other medium...almost.
 06-21-2013, 03:36 AM         #131
DOOMage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Really enjoyed it.

However I did have a couple of gripes. The most obvious one being Clark's relationship with Lois Lane. It just didn't feel quite right to me at all.

I would have loved to seen more of Krypton, the beginning was fantastic. I know reasons for the planet's demise were shared later, but I think they definitely could have expanded on that in the beginning.

Loved all the flashbacks, especially the tornado sh*t gave me goosebumps

I think what Zack Synder has done here is a great achievement and a perfect introduction into a further expansion into the DC Universe. I also liked how it didn't LOOK like Snyder movie either.

Don't get me wrong, it has it's flaws but this could truly be the start of something great.

The question now is, will Cavill perform well as Clark Kent from Daily Planet? He proved himself as Superman that's for sure
 4 years ago '05        #132
jiggaman85 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,865 | Props total: 165 165
I give it a 10. You're still gettin worse at reviews but you're right on this.
THIS IS THE SUPERMAN I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR.
 4 years ago '05        #133
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4115 4115
 jiggaman85 said:
I give it a 10. You're still gettin worse at reviews but you're right on this.
THIS IS THE SUPERMAN I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR.
Sure, guy.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy