DaOmega_1 reviews "Man of Steel"

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
169 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
188 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #101
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
 DaOmega_1 said:
I gave it an 8.5, maybe a 9.0
i have a hard time remembering the movies i saw before march without really thinking about itt but imo Gatsby is the movie of the year. That movie had me emotionally by the balls the whole time. I loved the fact that at my cousins open house my whole family was ranting about the different themes and symbolism and how much we all loved it .....could never understand how that flick got mixed reviews it was absolutely PERFECT imo and this is coming from a big fan of the book.

Gatsby 10/10

Mud 9/10

Man Of Steel 9/10

I loved Man of Steel. I loved the fact that it didnt resort to cheap laughs as much as Iron Man and Star Trek did. It was darker, and imo the flash backs were perfect and didnt really affect the pace at all.

Going to see This Is The End tomorrow, hopefully that will live up to the hype.
 4 years ago '07        #102
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
and has far as comic/graphic novel movies go this is #3 for me

1. Nolans Batman Series

2. Watchmen

3. Man Of Steel

1,000. The Avengers
 4 years ago '05        #103
gunot86 1 heat pts
space
space
$738 | Props total: 95 95
Havent seen it but Is it better than batman begins? (I dont feel like comparing it to the dark knight would be a fair comparison)
 06-16-2013, 08:49 AM         #104
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good review as always, O. Saw this last night with my daughter and I gotta say that the movie was awesome, the fact that my child actually cried when during the flashback scenes explaining how Pa Kent died and the demise of Krypton, including seeing Kal El's mother die,seeing her actually cry cause she's not one to do that pretty much a gauge that the movie did what it was supposed to do-it made be able to relate to Superman as being human in a sense. Plus when he k!lled Zod and the comments he made to the General about he is just as American as apple pie and was just a corn-fed farmboy from Kansas was a good touch because Superman was always a bit of a boy scoot at heart which was always a complete contrast to Batman. My only gripe was and it was not actually anything about the movie itself was that we were viewing it in 3D and at the point of the film where he starts to get better at flying, the movie started to cut off and on for a good while until they finally were able to fix it
 4 years ago '05        #105
tokinjohn 2290 heat pts2290
space
space
$11,869 | Props total: 52152 52152
anybody notice the "LEXCORP" truck (oil tanker)....
[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #106
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,924 | Props total: 4285 4285
 tokinjohn said:
anybody notice the "LEXCORP" truck (oil tanker)....
[pic - click to view]

Yes but did you see the Wayne Enterprises satellite ?
 4 years ago '04        #107
zhiggeman 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,091 | Props total: 3903 3903
man this sh*t was kinda weak. i know they were going for a different angle, but damn why the homey from law and order: SVU get more relevant screen time than superman? hell why did it seem all the real actors got more screen time then him?

spoilers:

#1 too many plot holes like when zod smacks supermans earth moms down, why didn't she die? hell they smacked supes 2 blocks during their f!ghts!!

#2 how the hell did fishburn and his merry crew didn't die with the beam literally on his ankles, the debris alone should have k!lled them

if this is what DC has to offer they are in trouble. they went for emotion vs action.. you need both.. the lack of common sense is what really k!lls this for me.. i mean you have 8 guys with the same powers as superman,
[spoiler - click to view]

and then the scene near the end

4 years ago '07        #109
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,786 | Props total: 14594 14594
 zhiggeman said:
man this sh*t was kinda weak. i know they were going for a different angle, but damn why the homey from law and order: SVU get more relevant screen time than superman? hell why did it seem all the real actors got more screen time then him?

spoilers:

#1 too many plot holes like when zod smacks supermans earth moms down, why didn't she die? hell they smacked supes 2 blocks during their f!ghts!!

#2 how the hell did fishburn and his merry crew didn't die with the beam literally on his ankles, the debris alone should have k!lled them

if this is what DC has to offer they are in trouble. they went for emotion vs action.. you need both.. the lack of common sense is what really k!lls this for me.. i mean you have 8 guys with the same powers as superman,

It's a movie. Those ones you put in spoiler tags are like nitpicking sh*t and you can do that with every movie. DC is far from being in trouble w/ the masses. Maybe to you, but there are millions of you, just one . For example a lot of the people I left out of the theater were happy. One old guy that I'm sure is a huge Superman said "this time they did it right". I wouldn't go that far but its whatever. sh*t, I don't even like Superman as a character like that. I think he's ridiculous but the movie delivered IMO.

Last edited by TH35; 06-16-2013 at 12:38 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #110
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
 zhiggeman said:

spoilers:

4 years ago '04        #111
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,887 | Props total: 2945 2945
I loved the movie but yall are out of your minds with that better than avengers/TDKR/IM1 talk. and especially omega's friend sobbing come the fu*k on
 4 years ago '11        #112
Darealness420 
space
space
$659 | Props total: 310 310
good review as always from omega....but cmon your friend was really crying? it seems like she just wanted a lil too much attention, u know how chicks are
 4 years ago '05        #113
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,837 | Props total: 4109 4109
 Darealness420 said:
good review as always from omega....but cmon your friend was really crying? it seems like she just wanted a lil too much attention, u know how chicks are
I'm sure it's not that uncommon for someone to be emotionally affected by something they've had an attachment to since childhood. I mean, I've heard about grown men crying too. As for me, I can see how folks were touched that deeply even if I wasn't necessarily touched on the same level as they were.
 4 years ago '04        #114
Mumbletaker 58 heat pts58
space
space
$11,486 | Props total: 7155 7155
Liked it but didn't love it. 7.5-8/10

They did such a great job with Krypton that I wished they did a prequel with the Els...

The final f!ght was good, but I think they tried to out do

Zod was great. Ma and Pa Kent were great.

Lois was surprsingly not hot, but was at least potrayed as smart as her past incarnations.

The people of smallville

Still a good film.
 4 years ago '09        #115
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 74 74
It was def not a 9.5 or close Ur bugging out

The dialogue was childish the CG effects were overused and the flashbacks didn't not go well together.

7/10
 4 years ago '05        #116
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,837 | Props total: 4109 4109
 JewsusChrist said:

The dialogue was childish the CG effects were overused and the flashbacks didn't not go well together.

7/10
According to me, it is a 9.5. I'm bugging out because we disagree?

Right.....
 4 years ago '07        #117
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 JewsusChrist said:

7/10
Agreed. I'd actually give it a 4-5/10. They got some of Hollywood's best only to sell tickets. They might as well have just hired no-names to play those characters. They spent so much time and money on A-list cameos and CGI effects that they forgot that they were making a movie.
 4 years ago '05        #118
Chuck_Remixed 253 heat pts253
space
space
$17,116 | Props total: 3600 3600
Absolutely loved the movie and definitely going to see it again.
 4 years ago '10        #119
Jruk2345 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,207 | Props total: 238 238
omega great review

that was the best interpertation of superman ever made
 4 years ago '09        #120
29 26 6 heat pts
space
space
$11,181 | Props total: 2582 2582
Pretty weak movie imo.. writing, acting, overused shaky cam.. 6 .5-7-10.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
204 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy