DaOmega_1 reviews "Man of Steel"

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
25 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
93 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '10        #81
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
It got an applause when I saw it too in Green Bay

Last edited by G Code; 06-15-2013 at 04:55 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #82
dj X 33 heat pts33
space
space
$18,736 | Props total: 6438 6438
 etchasketch said:
Co-sign. I went to a screening in a packed Atlanta theater and not a single human being applauded once the movie concluded.
ATL n*ggas would have enjoyed it more if Superman was a f*ggot
 4 years ago '05        #83
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,834 | Props total: 4102 4102
 G Code said:
It got an applause when I saw it too
Boston, the audience applauded three times.
 06-15-2013, 05:08 PM         #84
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aye Omega...

Going to see it sometime this week... Should I see it IMAX 3D or 2D?
 4 years ago '04        #85
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,882 | Props total: 2942 2942
just got out. no idea for the life of me what critics are bi*ching about. movie was all kinds of epic
 4 years ago '05        #86
space
space
 Illstreet said:
Aye Omega...

Going to see it sometime this week... Should I see it IMAX 3D or 2D?
I saw it in IMAX 3D. And, it was goddamned awesome in that format, so I'd say go with that.

When I see it again, that will definitely be the format I see it in.
 4 years ago '11        #87
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,857 | Props total: 1454 1454
I seen this today great movie and one the best Superman movies worth watching if not the best. My only problem with M.O.S. was it took too long for them to get to the point of the the movie.

[spoiler - click to view]

I'm coppin' this on blu-ray when it comes out great movie.

M.O.S. >>>> Superman III & IV>>> Superman Returns.
 4 years ago '06        #88
NY_StandUp 56 heat pts56
space
space
$781 | Props total: 0 0
Applauded at the end here too!!
 4 years ago '05        #89
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,202 | Props total: 15746 15746
So people are saying there was too much action and destruction?

I mean really, what hell did you expect when there is a bunch of kryptonian supermen and women f!ghting in a major city

This was the type of superman movie that most fans have been waiting a long time for. The whole complaint about Superman Returns was that it was boring, I for one welcomed as much action and destruction as possible just like the comics.
 4 years ago '05        #90
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
O reviews be on point to me. Gotta go see this...
 4 years ago '07        #91
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,776 | Props total: 1306 1306
Saw it in 2d might have to check that 3d next time around.
 4 years ago '05        #92
space
space
 Daville502 said:
Saw it in 2d might have to check that 3d next time around.
I'd say the $18.50 I spent on my IMAX 3D ticket was well worth it.
 4 years ago '10        #93
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
 Bullseye said:
These were my exact feelings after watching this movie. I agree with everything except for the 3.5/5 and top 3 of the year part. I would give it a 2.5 or 3 out 5. I actually fell asleep during part of it cause the over-done action was just mind-numbing at one point. It felt like another comic book movie. I thought it would be different from the previews. Very disappointed.
The best movie I've seen so far was the new Star Trek. Man of Steel is prolly second or third. There hasn't been a lot of stand out movies in 2013 so far.

With that being said, I think I need to give this film one more watch. Just to see if it has replay value and doesn't bore me. Having more action was >>> because that's what Superman films needed, but this one was often too much at times. I felt like half the time all I was seeing was sh*t blowing up and building after building being destroyed. Just because a bunch of sh*t is being blown up doesn't mean it's exciting action (and this is why n*ggas love those sh*tty Transformers movies)

When Superman

cuz you know it hurt him to do that sh*t So the movie ended pretty well. Everything along the way was just a bit too rushed. And that's funny considering it was a damn near three hour movie.

I by no means hate this film, I just don't love it the way I love other summer blockbusters/superhero movies that were great. When you hold it up against movies like The Dark Knight, Avengers, the first Iron Man, it pales in comparison to all of them.

Last edited by TiestoFriendly; 06-15-2013 at 07:09 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #94
space
space
 TiestoFriendly said:
The best movie I've seen so far was the new Star Trek. Man of Steel is prolly second or third. There hasn't been a lot of stand out movies in 2013 so far.

With that being said, I think I need to give this film one more watch. Just to see if it has replay value and doesn't bore me. Having more action was >>> because that's what Superman films needed, but this one was often too much at times. I felt like half the time all I was seeing was sh*t blowing up and building after building being destroyed. Just because a bunch of sh*t is being blown up doesn't mean it's exciting action (and this is why n*ggas love those sh*tty Transformers movies)

When Superman

cuz you know it hurt him to do that sh*t So the movie ended pretty well. Everything along the way was just a bit too rushed. And that's funny considering it was a damn near three hour movie.

I by no means hate this film, I just don't love it the way I love other summer blockbusters/superhero movies that were great. When you hold it up against movies like The Dark Knight, Avengers, the first Iron Man, it pales in comparison to all of them.
I'd actually argue that it's better than The Avengers because there was more of an emotional element that added dimension to the storytelling.

I'd argue this is better than "The Dark Knight Rises", because "Man of Steel" is so much more singular in its focus storytelling-wise.

I'd argue that this is better than the first Iron Man (or 2... and definitely 3), because... Well, at least this movie had a climax.
 4 years ago '09        #95
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,823 | Props total: 723 723
 Killamike79 said:
So people are saying there was too much action and destruction?

I mean really, what hell did you expect when there is a bunch of kryptonian supermen and women f!ghting in a major city

This was the type of superman movie that most fans have been waiting a long time for. The whole complaint about Superman Returns was that it was boring, I for one welcomed as much action and destruction as possible just like the comics.
Yeah niccas bi*ching that the movie had TOO MUCH action, I'm not like you gotta be fu*king kidding me what else do you expect from an experience like this
 4 years ago '04        #96
Turtle 2099 
space
space
space
$912 | Props total: 0 0
 DaOmega_1 said:

When the credits started to roll, my friend sitting next to me was crying. She broke down, sobbing, truly emotional. I asked her what was wrong. She looked at me, face still bright red, and in a crackling voice said “This is my Superman. My entire childhood, everything I knew Superman to be is here. I… thought I’d never see it”.

“Man of Steel” will hit a lot of people very deeply. As for my audience, the audience went into riotous applause on at least three occasions in the film. It totally had us captivated. And, it isn’t because of the special effects, or the actions.

It’s simply because of Clark Kent aka Kal-El.

This is a thorough reimagining of the Superman mythos. The changes made to continuity are all bold & ballsy in ways that I wasn’t expecting. Superman has always had the stigma of being “overpowered”, or not relatable. And, maybe the outdated view of Superman in the past (the Richard Donner films) was in direct reaction to America needing a hero to believe in on the big screen.

To have a relatable Superman was on the backburner for those films. Flash forward to today, you have a Superman that feels strangely alien and foreign from us. Zack Snyder makes the interesting choice to make the alien & foreign nature of Kal-El a focal point of the entire film. And, miraculously that creates a Clark Kent/Kal-El that feels more human.

“Man of Steel” is an experience. Deeply emotional, surprisingly soulful, and ballsy. It is at once the biggest AND smallest Superman film ever made. It is a surprisingly intimate story. In fact, what impressed me was the fact that Clark Kent/Kal-El is essentially an introvert. He doesn’t do a lot of talking. But, Henry Cavill’s performance speaks volumes, and radiates a need to do good for the Earth.

However, what sparks an internal conflict is the relationship he has with Pa Kent (Kevin Costner) and Ma Kent (Diane Lane), the adoptive parents who found him as an infant. We get a view of Clark as a child, grappling with his newfound abilities. At one point, in a heartbreaking moment, he asks his mother “what’s wrong with me”. It’s those moments that invest us in the character of Superman. Had that not been there, all the visual effects in existence wouldn’t have mattered in the slightest.

What also makes this film so strong is how thoroughly it takes us through the journey of Krypton’s last days. We spend a good 20 minutes on Krypton at the very beginning of the film. Honestly, I couldn’t believe it had taken all these years to fully realize Krypton. We spend a lot of time with Superman’s biological parents, and seeing their struggle against General Zod. In fact, one of the strongest thematic threads in the film is how important Krypton’s existence is, and how torn Kal-El is about the plot at hand to ensure Krypton’s survival.

Of course, Lois Lane has a major hand in the events of this film. This is, I think, the single best screen-version of that character I’ve ever seen. Amy Adams brings intelligence to the role that I thought was refreshing for her character. She isn’t nearly the ditz that she was in previous versions. First & foremost, Lois Lane is an investigative journalist. We get a good bit of the film with her doing her job, chasing leads, and being fully capable (which is more than I can say for nearly any other blockbuster this year).

General Zod makes a convincing case for the central conflict. He’s a villain we understand, which makes the emotional gut punch of the film’s final f!ght scene that much stronger. It hits you. Hard. And, Michael Shannon brings so much to that performance that I’m almost certain didn’t originate from the page. However, as far as villains go, Faora steals the show.

Now, you may have noticed that I haven’t talked about the action sequences at all during this review. And, that’s because the action wouldn’t have mattered at all if the character work wasn’t as strong as it was. But, rest a.ssured, the physicality of Superman has finally been displayed in all its wonder. Superman is unleashed here, and the scale of the action & destruction is unlike anything I’ve ever seen in a Superhero Film. Like, we talk about “The Avengers”, or “The Dark Knight Rises”… But, honestly in terms of the action & the scope of it, never has it ever been as fully realized as it is here.

It is, at once, exhilarating and exhausting. During the film’s final 45 minutes, my face was actually starting to hurt because I was smiling so much. The action here is f*cking awesome.

Now, I’ve read reviews that have complained about the film’s perceived lack of humor or levity. And, I can’t help but disagree with them. It’s not that the movie is humor or joyless, in fact, the film ends on such a beautifully hopeful note, I couldn’t help but smile. The truth is, I think most critics are still holding on to the Superman of the past. But this Superman is one that seems more palatable for our times and interests. We will always have Christopher Reeves, but this one is for a new generation. And, they’ve managed to perfectly update Superman as an entity for a totally new audience.

It’s not a perfect film, however. If you see this film in 3D, you might get a little dizzy from some of the shaky cam, especially during the first hour or so. The screenplay by David S. Goyer (co-written by Christopher Nolan) has some dialogue that can be perceived as hokey or corny. And, also the screenplay feels almost like, in the first half hour, the movie is on fast forward. It almost needs another 10 or 15 minutes to allow more of the film’s themes to play out a little more convincingly. And, there is A LOT of action in the last third. Maybe a little too much… Maybe.

But, those quibbles aside, this is first-rate majestic blockbuster filmmaking. It is a reintroduction into the Superman mythos, and a beautifully told story about identity, doubt, reconciliation with oneself, and making tough decisions. Simultaneous intimate and epic, this film is certainly one of the most deeply effective superhero films ever made. I loved it from top to bottom.

As my friend (at the beginning of the review) cried what I a.ssumed were tears of joy, I couldn’t help but think that this is a film that will connect with people on a deeply emotional level. And, that (to me, at least) is what I will always take away from this film.

I honestly cannot wait to see it again.

SCORE: 9.5 (out of 10) = DOPENESS

Dude you basically wrote what I felt like when I walked out of that theater. Although I would have give this movie a 8.7 rating I felt that it figured out how to make Superman human. Those 15 minutes would have sold that point had they fit them into the film. I love how the introduction of the movie which takes place in Krypton some what set up a galactic/ Green Lantern type world. As I walk out of this movie I told myself there is no way that the Avengers would have been able to deal with General Zod or his minions.
 4 years ago '13        #97
PsychoCyber 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,882 | Props total: 2026 2026
PsychoCybernetics concurs with the ops review.
 4 years ago '05        #98
space
space
 Turtle 2099 said:

Dude you basically wrote what I felt like when I walked out of that theater. Although I would have give this movie a 8.7 rating I felt that it figured out how to make Superman human. Those 15 minutes would have sold that point had they fit them into the film. I love how the introduction of the movie which takes place in Krypton some what set up a galactic/ Green Lantern type world. As I walk out of this movie I told myself there is no way that the Avengers would have been able to deal with General Zod or his minions.
That's all because the scope is so much larger than it was in The Avengers.
 4 years ago '07        #99
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
what did you give Gatsby?
 4 years ago '05        #100
space
space
 1LynguisticMind said:
what did you give Gatsby?
I gave it an 8.5, maybe a 9.0
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
68 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
27 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
112 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
51 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
46 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
78 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy