DaOmega_1 reviews "Man of Steel"

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
89 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
205 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #41
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,852 | Props total: 2535 2535
Lmao I'm on my iPad man. I was just trying to get the post through quick as possible and move on to the next thread. My bad spell check police, but HORRENDOUS!****
 5 years ago '06        #42
primetimemookie 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,078 | Props total: 98 98
 Young_Impetuous said:
You definitely left some sh*t out of spoilers that you shouldn't have
noted and fixed...

although i doubt it will change in your quote of my post so....

my bad.
 06-14-2013, 11:31 PM         #43
DOOMage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I didn't read the full review in fear of possible spoilers (which you typically avoid, but mere suggestions of certain plot points I want to avoid so the whole experience is fresh), but I usually trust your opinion.

Not that I'm a sheep like that one idiot was suggesting, but we just happen to have very similar taste in movies for the most part. And most of the professional journalists etc that I tend to trust as well enjoyed it so this is a bonus.

I'm confident I'm going to get out of it what I want.
 5 years ago '04        #44
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 1909 1909
I respect everyone's opinion who didn't enjoy this film. Different folks, different strokes.

That being said, this was the best Superman movie ever, and top 3 superhero movies of all time.

Greatness, dopeness, excellence.
 5 years ago '05        #45
myword 6 heat pts
space
space
$829 | Props total: 120 120
This movie is hella divisive. I'm a huge Superman fan and even I found it to be missing something...er...super. It's inline with current template for blockbusters. A paperthin plot held up by incredible CGI driven action. I like the universe they've tried to create and would love a second go round with these actors but as a first entry this falls pretty flat as I mentioned in my .
 5 years ago '05        #46
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,402 | Props total: 677 677
heard it was great... will wait til payday, next fri to see it
 5 years ago '07        #47
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,409 | Props total: 2526 2526
 Maroon_Tiger said:
just got back.. its an 8-8.5 out of 10 for me... i can kinda see the critics gripes... if i had to gripe about something.. it was the mind numbing action (and im an action buff), that i was begging to end

the movie almost included toooo much action...and at some point, it really stopped being about acting.. and more about action shots, explosions and f!ghting

this movie was really a superhero verion of matrix revelations...

i think it was better than iron man 3... but the replay value is not great on this movie.. its nothing but slamming, explosions and slamming heads into the ground/buildings... i cant bear to prolly go out again and see it with my friends (who havent seen it yet) because the movie just leaves you fu*king exhausted

due to the weak replay value... i might dock it down to a 7.5-8
This was honestly my biggest complaint too... I was like damn... How many building can you fu*king destroy before you think we get the picture One of the few movies where I just found myself sitting down and wondering just how much in property damage was happening lol
 5 years ago '04        #48
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,751 | Props total: 2411 2411
Omega I am gonna leave it at this.... the same way your chick felt was the way I felt watching this film. And hope you caught the references/homages that were paid to Chris Reeves through out the film. My n*gga is back.
 5 years ago '12        #49
Thworldisyours 43 heat pts43
space
space
$6,811 | Props total: 13307 13307
 Kastanova said:
Movie sucked IMO...bored the sh*t out of me.

4 or 5 out of 10.

Might also be because I'm tired of comic book movies..

Been saying this for a while now, but I know I'm in the minority.
[pic - click to view]

And I'd give this a 6... Not horrible but I'd probably never watch it again...
 5 years ago '11        #50
Lee Wizzle 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,667 | Props total: 1510 1510
sh*t was EPIC!!!! loved this version of superman this is how i imagined superman to be since a child. Why it took them so long to make a movie this good idk but i guess better late then never. The only complaint i have is how rushed the story is in the beginning i think they should of tljust made the movie longer. I see some ppl complaining about the long action scenes me on the other hand i loved it the action scenes we're really great and well thought out even tho it was crazy how that last f!ght scene was more destructive then any transformer movie could ever be lolbut it was great it was about time 9.5
 5 years ago '09        #51
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 727 727
Can't wait to see this in the morning
 06-15-2013, 01:55 AM         #52
Originalgoat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Triple0 said:
Wait. She actually cried? Lmao
To each their own, I guess.. lol

Seriously, though.. I HATE Superman for all the reasons I ENJOYED this movie. For once, they made the character less "godlike" and more human in nature.

Yeah, I didn't like how he clearly looks like effing superman with glasses and a different barber, at Daily Planet.. they could have "modernized" it, as well.. maybe throw on some type of fake facial hair since he's already pretending to be a blind-ass, like me.

The other part I didn't like was the continuity issue in the final scene.. Superman and Zod kick each other throughout the entire city, miles away from Lois.. land in Grand Central Station, and she somehow ends up there.. did I miss something? Did she track them in a ship or something? Lol it was the type of odd plothole Christopher Nolan was notorious for in Dark Knight Rises.
 5 years ago '05        #53
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,314 | Props total: 4740 4740
 Optimus Crime said:
This was honestly my biggest complaint too... I was like damn... How many building can you fu*king destroy before you think we get the picture One of the few movies where I just found myself sitting down and wondering just how much in property damage was happening lol
And wondering how many people died because of
[spoiler - click to view]

And those poor people in

5 years ago '10        #54
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
Maan I saw this movie at midnight. You wanna talk about mind-numbing, dragged on, often repetitive action scenes?

Try bearing through that when it's damn near 2AM and you're tired as fu*k.

The movie was alright. It was good, but it wasn't great. Again, I felt like I was watching a video game trailer with all the CGI being thrown at me. Buildings being destroyed....close combat...more buildings being destroyed, skyscrapers falling... okay we get it. Some people are impressed by massive destruction scenes in action films (i.e Transformers) I however am not, especially in an era where A LOT of films use that.

The best part about the film were the flashbacks and the cast choices. Amy Adams actually played a decent Lois Lane. Dude who played the villain k!lled that role. The film could have touched on more emotional aspects of the characters. Like someone else on here said, a little more character development and less action would have been better. superman sees his dad...whom he hasn't seen...uh...ever! And they only talk for like a minute or so? And all his dad does is give him cheesy cliche motivational messages about saving the world n sh*t!? The movie was rushed as hell as it got into the middle and end of it. I was like whoa slow down wtf is going on.

I will give this a 3.5 out of 5 for now. Ironically, one of the best movies I've seen this year, but not my favorite. In my Top 3 right now though.
 5 years ago '12        #55
styxz 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,309 | Props total: 438 438

Opinions aside, movie was trash (Shyne voice).
Seriously, pacing, writing, editing. I'm sic of these Hollywood cats thinkin they cannjust take an ip, throw some explosions and epic music in and call it a day.

Sh*t felt like a three hour trailer for MOS 2. trash
 5 years ago '07        #56
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,785 | Props total: 1311 1311
My question is if this was boring what was Superman returns?
 5 years ago '06        #57
NY_StandUp 56 heat pts56
space
space
$781 | Props total: 0 0
I agree with the OP 9/10.... pissed I didn't here the kneel before zod line tho
 5 years ago '04        #58
chirpflare 173 heat pts173
space
space
$4,022 | Props total: 37 37
ugliest lois lane ever
 5 years ago '05        #59
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
 SokeSleezy said:
this is my biggest complaint of the film...the entire first half felt like if i was skippin thru scenes of a downloaded copy to see if the quality was good,it didnt flow together was just like random scenes thrown together.. the relationship wit Lois felt forced,it was all hi im lois,bamm i love you! and she reminds me too much of PAM from The Office for me to take her serious as Lois Lane

And him

was no need for that type of changing of the story,it didnt add anything...

and the stupidest thing was them basically saying

action was great though and the casting was good too minus Lois and his Kryptonian mother...
SPOILER *

5 years ago '04        #60
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 0 0
 hustlehard365 said:
SPOILER *

you serious?
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy