DaOmega_1 reviews "Man of Steel"

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '13        #21
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305

Thanks for the review OP.

Your the man

I will check this out for myself very soon.
 4 years ago '04        #22
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 1573 1573
damn, all these positive reviews

...and i'm still skeptical about watching a movie about a n*gga that can do all and cant die.
 4 years ago '07        #23
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,405 | Props total: 2525 2525
Da Omega... Maan... You just need to

[video - click to view]

Edit: No lie... I added Faora to the impregnate on sight list

Last edited by Optimus Crime; 06-14-2013 at 09:01 PM..
 4 years ago '06        #24
A-1 AFiciaL 
space
space
$1,521 | Props total: 53 53
General Zod was that n*gga.
 06-14-2013, 09:02 PM         #25
NotInThisTown 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1MikE said:

...and i'm still skeptical about watching a movie about a n*gga that can do all and cant die.
This movie is mostly getting mixed reviews, nothing great but nothing really bad or so they say, if you go watch it and think it's the best thing since slice bread good for you everyone has their own opinion.

I don't get over emotional for a character that is just a fictional character, they say he's hope.... I say he's just an alien that came from another planet and can fly at the near speed of light, so I'm very sure I'm gonna enjoy this once I see it, all I want is entertainment, Superman is just that only, a big blockbuster movie that goes along well with popcorn.
 4 years ago '04        #26
DezCaughtIt 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,179 | Props total: 32 32
this movie was very good. 4/5. get stoned and watch it in imax 3d... action was top notch.
 4 years ago '05        #27
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,163 | Props total: 957 957
 1MikE said:

Who said he couldn't die? thats why u gotta go see the movie kid..
 4 years ago '07        #28
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
 NotInThisTown said:
This movie is mostly getting mixed reviews, nothing great but nothing really bad or so they say, if you go watch it and think it's the best thing since slice bread good for you everyone has their own opinion.

I don't get over emotional for a character that is just a fictional character, they say he's hope.... I say he's just an alien that came from another planet and can fly at the near speed of light, so I'm very sure I'm gonna enjoy this once I see it, all I want is entertainment, Superman is just that only, a big blockbuster movie that goes along well with popcorn.
I think it hits everyone because it's a [not so] low key Jesus Allegory (Father sends his only son to save the world that eventually sacrifices himself for humanity and is later raised from the dead... ya ya ya lol) I think that's why it hits some people so close to home
 4 years ago '12        #29
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
Well got damn omega

Seeing this sh*t sunday
 4 years ago '10        #30
2113 36 heat pts36
space
space
$2,362 | Props total: 49 49
 Optimus Crime said:
I think it hits everyone because it's a [not so] low key Jesus Allegory (Father sends his only son to save the world that eventually sacrifices himself for humanity and is later raised from the dead... ya ya ya lol) I think that's why it hits some people so close to home
I've haven't seen the movie yet,going tommorow,but i've heard alot about this mostly from my christian friends and I heard about one scene in particular that displays it,looking forward to seeing that if true,but I know this movie will be epic,only issue im having is deciding if I want to see this is the end first and get the laughs out or this first and get the serious and jaw dropping awesomness out the way first....hmmmm
 4 years ago '07        #31
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
 2113 said:
I've haven't seen the movie yet,going tommorow,but i've heard alot about this mostly from my christian friends and I heard about one scene in particular that displays it,looking forward to seeing that if true,but I know this movie will be epic,only issue im having is deciding if I want to see this is the end first and get the laughs out or this first and get the serious and jaw dropping awesomness out the way first....hmmmm
lol well I wasn't talking about the movies. I was mainly talking about Superman in general...

But i think I know what they're talking about lol
 06-14-2013, 10:18 PM         #32
NotInThisTown 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Optimus Crime said:
Everyone can approach this movie however they like, Superman just doesn't do it for me Batman on the other hand, I did feel sad when he was heading towards the sea in his spaceship
 4 years ago '06        #33
primetimemookie 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,078 | Props total: 98 98
i respect the view that OP has in his review, but 9.5 is being generous...I think you may have let you emotions get the best of you.

that is not to say there weren't some touching moments, movies typically are supposed to cause some type of emotional reaction...but this movie could have been way better.

my first complaint is the timing of the movie...either a) it should have been 40 minutes shorter with the same amount of depth of story, or b) should have been 40 minutes longer and actually spent more time developing the story. it seemed like they were trying to go into it deeply but wanted to give so much time to action that they cut off parts that could have been made stronger by better and deeper dialogue.

my second complaint has to be just the dialogue in general. it seemed cut short in most cases, and extremely corny in other parts. the best dialogue all comes from both fathers in my opinion, and even then Jonathan's dialogue seemed to cut and dry. i understand clark was an introvert, that didnt bother me that much, and i kind of expected that, but still, the most heart wrenching thing he said was "mommy whats wrong with me" and that was during a flashback in the beginning of the movie.

the last thing i didnt like, but WAS cool for the action scenes was all the fu*king collateral damage he caused. I understand this is a movie and there are certain liberties you can take, but the one fu*king f!ght scene in smallville...
[spoiler - click to view]

now some of the minor things i didnt like, i can honestly say i was not impressed

lastly, being an A/V guy i always pay attention to the camera, and there were more than a few times i questioned why they shot and edited some of the scenes the way they did.

and oh yea, i cant even see the SVU dude in anything without immediately expecting someone to get r*ped...i wasnt expecting to see him and for a brief moment that threw me the fu*k off.

now what i did like....

1) It was emotional, for the first time watching a superman movie, i actually felt semi relatable to the character. In fact i even felt for Zod,

i thought that was a beautiful way to end the movie, i smiled. The movie sold that theme of Hope damn near as good as obama did his first election.

2) The action was top notch...the sh*t was epic, sh*t exploded, sh*t was destroyed, they battled the fu*k out basically. But like i said before some of the f!ght scenes dragged on too long so much that it became predictable, and all the fu*king damage they did...i mean

3) I love the fact that they attempted to really get into the back story of krypton, and why kal el was sent there in the first place...and i rather enjoyed watching the similarities to the story of jesus.

4) Lois Lane wasnt a fu*king idiot. She was the top notch, willing to give her life for a story reporter that you would expect to hunt down a guy like superman...not just some pretty dunce cap with a pen and pad.

5) I thought the acting was pretty decent, even though it could have been a lot better if the dialogue given to them would have been a lot better.

6) He didn't make the world go backwards, the theme of

Overall, i think it was a good movie, a great action movie, and the best superman by far...but really, how hard is it to have made the best superman movie ever when you take into consideration the quality of all the other ones that came before it. It is always unfair in a sense to say this because they are two different characters, but it is not Dark Knight great, so if you go into open minded and not expecting to see the best movie ever, you'll enjoy it.

I'd give it a solid 8/10, and if you're not emotional connected to it, then it probably is more like a 7/7.5 just because of the epic action scenes.

Last edited by primetimemookie; 06-14-2013 at 11:32 PM..
 4 years ago '06        #34
Addled Thoughts 1 heat pts
space
space
$744 | Props total: 18 18
Cried? Hahaha. This sh*t is hilarious. I can't take this sh*t seriously. Write reviews with more hubris, son.
 4 years ago '07        #35
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,599 | Props total: 909 909
My body is ready
 4 years ago '07        #36
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,599 | Props total: 909 909
Edit: problem solved

Last edited by Jayceon; 07-01-2013 at 02:36 PM..
 4 years ago '12        #37
Kastanova 91 heat pts91
space
space
$16,231 | Props total: 1389 1389
Movie sucked IMO...bored the sh*t out of me.

4 or 5 out of 10.

Might also be because I'm tired of comic book movies..
 4 years ago '07        #38
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,842 | Props total: 2528 2528
From what I've heard from my friends that are into comics,

Hurroundous dialog, it drags and too many "what?" Moments if you care about staying true to the character...

I gotta see this sh*t soon as I get the chance to though...
 4 years ago '04        #39
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
 Adam Is BeTTeR said:

Hurroundous dialog, it drags and too many "what?" Moments if you care about staying true to the character...

Again? Horrendous, son. Horrendous.
 4 years ago '10        #40
Jinusean 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,287 | Props total: 10 10
 Adam Is BeTTeR said:

You mean to tell me, you read comics that's at a 6-8th grade level and you can't spell worth sh*t?
Home      

most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now