most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-14-2013, 02:32 PM         #61
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they're trying to be steam and they can't be steam

they don't support the indie market the way steam does
they talk like gamespot is the only place for used games
steam doesn't have some bullsh*t 24 hour check, you just log in when you log in
consoles thrive on simplicity, otherwise everyone would be pc gamers - just pop the game in and play
you don't pay to go online for steam games
steam doesn't require other peripherals, its up to the DEVELOPERS

i see their vision but its not realistic they way they're doing it
it really sounds like them tooting their own horn
they feel like they know whats better for us than we do

edit: and on top of that, steam doesn't charge for game updates
MS isn't doing this for developers, they're doing it for money while making it more difficult to put out games from third parties

Last edited by 2D....; 06-14-2013 at 02:36 PM..
 4 years ago '12        #62
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 3987 3987
 Hovi Bryant said:
Kinda obvious that the Xbox One is a sinking ship already. The damage to the platform isn't irreparable. They just need some good strategists over there, and I see none.
But the X1 will sell more during the holidays...
 4 years ago '04        #63
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
if M$ said "We're going to do all this DRM crap...but the good news is that all of our games are @ a new low price of $39.99"

Then i'd be more welcome to the idea. But they're most likely shooting for $59.99 (or more), but we as gamers, have LESS ownership rights to our copy of the game than last gen.

That's not a fair trade off.
 06-14-2013, 02:59 PM         #64
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why did this guy compare what MS is doing to Steam? Steam allows an offline mode, MS does not. If they actually used the Steam model, a bunch of people would be applauding what MS did instead of criticizing them.
 4 years ago '12        #65
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$20,982 | Props total: 17080 17080
 One-O-One said:
if M$ said "We're going to do all this DRM crap...but the good news is that all of our games are @ a new low price of $39.99"

Then i'd be more welcome to the idea. But they're most likely shooting for $59.99 (or more), but we as gamers, have LESS ownership rights to our copy of the game than last gen.

I been saying this as well. Before the console reveal, and of course way before E3 i repeatedly said they have to give me a reason to spend my money. I need to see the value in all of this

The games that were shown? Amazing...Games wise that was their best presentation in years at E3....All the console hoopla needs to be address, it needs to be addressed with respect, and it needs to be over with.

Its insane because years ago MS used to do a pretty decent job of coming out and drawing a line in the sand...but now its kind of like a free for all...I mean they just can't put out this fire and its just staying there...

And Don Mattrick is such a fu*king idiot
 4 years ago '04        #66
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,606 | Props total: 1774 1774
 Austin Foyt said:
They have 5 more months to get more info out. Your problem is just like Sony's problem, you only think about now and not the future. Microsoft Eternal

Whatever troll. Any idiot can see x1 is in damage control. The fact you think M$ would give the price of the system at E3, but not mention thanks to drm the prices of games will be cheaper than competitors further illustrates just how lost you really are.
 4 years ago '10        #67
illement 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,476 | Props total: 1526 1526
I stopped readin at "If you want games cheaper then $59.99"
 06-14-2013, 03:19 PM         #68
Cya Nerd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #69
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,064 | Props total: 10747 10747
 Cya Nerd said:

[pic - click to view]

fu*kin Alan Wake looking f*ggot... i hate don mattrick... n*ggas a fu*kin douche prick putas.lut f*ggot herb
 4 years ago '12        #70
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 3987 3987
 P-Hill said:
fu*kin Alan Wake looking f*ggot... i hate don mattrick... n*ggas a fu*kin douche prick putas.lut f*ggot herb
 4 years ago '10        #71
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,847 | Props total: 20802 20802
Yeah we passed that around the office at Xbox. Most of us were like "Well played Sony, Well played". That being said they are just riding the hype train of ZOMG THEY ARE TRYING TO fu*k US FOR NO REASON. Without actually thinking about how convienent it would be for the majority of the time to not find that disc your brother didn't put back... [...] just simpleminded people not seeing the bigger picture. Some PS4 viral team made them all "U TOOK R DISCS" and they hiveminded.

Everyone and their mother complains about how gamestop fu*ks them on their trade ins, getting 5$ for their used games. We come in trying to find a way to take money out of gamestop, and put some in developers and get you possibly cheaper games and everyone bi*ches at MS. Well, if you want the @#$@ing from Gamestop, go play PS4.

Instead of 10mins, is 24hrs for your console, and 1 or 2 at a friends house. Really the majority of people have a speck of internet at least once a day. And if you don't. Don't buy an Xbox 1. Just like if you didn't have a broadband connection don't get Live, and if you don't have an HDTV the 360 isn't that great for you either. New tech, new req. This allows us to do cool sh*t when we can a.ssume things like you have a kinect, you have internet, etc.

Current plan is basically you're fu*ked after 24 hours. Yeah... I know. Kind of sucks. I believe they will probably revist the time period and / or find a diff way to "call in" to ensure you haven't sold your license to gamestop or something... but there is no plan YET. I'm hoping the change it, but I don't work on that so I don't have much influence there /sigh

Honestly, if you care about anything other then pure games AT ALL. Xbox 1 > PS4. If all you do is play games, and nothing else, PS4.

Msirae said:
If the end goal for Microsoft is a Steam-like business model, then I applaud it and I hope they achieve it, I love Steam. The problem is that people want to pay for things and get immediate results, alot of people don't care about or just ignore the future of gaming, they wanna pay money for games and consoles that give them what they want now.

If a Steam future is what MS are after then it's gonna require digital only, and that isn't gonna happen for years, so right now it just seems like MS are draconian because the advantages of their Xbox One policies need to reach their potential. If they would have come out and explained that what they're doing can be good for the industry then this backlash would be alot less severe.

One-O-One said:

4 years ago '04        #72
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
 P-Hill said:
 4 years ago '04        #73
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 Mr I 95 said:
from reddit

"If someone on Xbox Live party chat says "Xbox Off" will all of their Xboxes turn off?" I asked, and got an answer.

[pic - click to view]

It won't.
It filters audio channels from the microphone so it wont have that famous netflix problem with the Xbox 360 kinect where your TV was telling itself what to do.
essentially you can play music full volume through the console and it will still hear you when speaking without shouting.
[Edit] Being asked for source, completely fair request. It was in an article I read a few weeks back (had to find it again) going into detail about the kinect two: Kinect 2 Full Video Walkthrough
Kinect 2 doesn't just see you, though; it can hear you too. In fact, it can hear your voice, specifically, through whatever ambient game and/or movie noise that's going on around you. Want to give a command in the middle of a particularly loud concert video or melee? You don't have to shout for Kinect 2 to listen and comply.
also important:
The face recognition recognizes you, personally, and can tell if you're "engaged" or not engaged, meaning if you say "Xbox pause" while not looking at the TV, it won't listen to you.
 4 years ago '04        #74
Phemom 
space
space
space
$1,204 | Props total: 278 278
I wouldn't have a problem with this if MS was gonna have sales & keep up with game trends. For instance Remember Me is a good game....but it ain't $60 good, so I will prolly grab that used for 20 from gamefly. The way MS does things Remember Me is gonna be $60 until like 2015 from them....ain't nobody got time for that.

Last edited by Phemom; 06-15-2013 at 07:24 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #75
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
IF (big "if) what he's saying is true, then it's understandable. I still disagree with the forced daily online update though. If they did it as an optional sign in, then there'd be nothing wrong with X1 honestly.
 4 years ago '04        #76
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,292 | Props total: 11212 11212
 Austin Foyt said:
DRM is evil!!! i can't sell my games on Ebay

I'm not always online, what if i'm stuck in a cabin in the middle of nowhere for 2weeks

The Kinect is gonna watch me fap

My consumer rights i don't own anything
This. I'm not a huge gamer, but fu*k M$ for this bullsh*t. I want to buy Xbox because I always do, but I'll go Sony if I have to.
 06-15-2013, 07:55 PM         #77
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Turns out this was all fake.

/thread
 4 years ago '06        #78
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
so basically he says they are ahead of the game, and looking to the future etc....well, not every idea that they think pays off in the future works. Just ask the millions of companies who went belly up with that thinking, but we'll see. Sink or swim I guess
 4 years ago '13        #79
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
Sony Won
 4 years ago '04        #80
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,902 | Props total: 833 833
I'll never bow down' to Sony. Those muthafukkas will say ANYTHING to get the people on their side. They have a track record of using bait and switch tactics. I bet my life that they switch up some stuff before the PS4 is released.

I'm going XB1. The DRM doesn't bother me because I never sell my used games and I don't even lend them out. Plus my sh*t is always connected to the internet anyway so I don't see the big deal about that either.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
239 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
92 comments
19 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy