Xbox One engineer spills frustrations on pastebin

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
85 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #21
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 3992 3992
 Msirae said:
If the end goal for Microsoft is a Steam-like business model, then I applaud it and I hope they achieve it, I love Steam. The problem is that people want to pay for things and get immediate results, alot of people don't care about or just ignore the future of gaming, they wanna pay money for games and consoles that give them what they want now.

If a Steam future is what MS are after then it's gonna require digital only, and that isn't gonna happen for years, so right now it just seems like MS are draconian because the advantages of their Xbox One policies need to reach their potential.
If they made that sh*t digital only no one would buy the X1. It has to be a slow transition.

I really hope they copy those steam sales though.

Msirae, thank you for posting
 5 years ago '12        #22
Mavs In 4 51 heat pts51
space
space
$8,877 | Props total: 1037 1037
 Gmengfx said:
see i get what he is saying but what he doesnt get

there is just something about going to the store and BUYING a physical copy..driving in your car with that sh*t ready to open up and put in..

just being able to "get it" online on your xbox is no fun..i love having a game collection..i stack them all nice and its just nice when people come over and they look at what games you got bla bla bla

i dont want all my games stored on my xbox or ps

and they are trying to say "ITS BETTER FOR US"

no motherfu*ker..its better for YOU GUYS..you guys save money by doing that..we dont..because i dont always want to buy a brand new fu*king game..
This. I don't trust an all digital game collection, that's just too sketchy to me. I feel like that could give way to more errors, bugs, etc. Plus, XBox f*ggots won't even own their games after the servers shut down

n*ggas trying to rob you by "helping" you.
 5 years ago '05        #23
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,432 | Props total: 2905 2905
With all the ridiculous features the X1 can do, the PS4 truly does feel like a brick in comparison. And this is no hate, but what cool features does the PS4 have? It just seems like a PS3 with upgraded graphics (which is satisfactory for some). I personally am looking for more than just a graphic upgrade. Now I understand the price difference. The possibilities are almost endless.
PS4 seemed like the way to go at the end of E3 (not during, that was unimpressive). But when the hype dies down and I really step back and look at it, not only can the X1 revive the game industry, but it's way ahead of everything else.
 5 years ago '05        #24
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,906 | Props total: 21058 21058
 Yinz N Burgh said:
It's a fact they made that decision right before same with the price. Sad part is they could back out before release and catch 0 sh*t for it. They will go they both have it Forgetting if that was the case they would have pre-order X1 for the better exclusives.

Like you said they can't do it for one console and not the other. So it's lose money or make money?
It's either that happens or Microsoft backtracks, as much as the publishers haven't said anything (they won't and basically can't), they were in for it.

It's gonna be an interesting few months..
 06-14-2013, 12:00 AM         #25
HDBeatz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '05        #26
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,906 | Props total: 21058 21058
 Mavs In 4 said:
This. I don't trust an all digital game collection, that's just too sketchy to me. I feel like that could give way to more errors, bugs, etc. Plus, XBox f*ggots won't even own their games after the servers shut down

n*ggas trying to rob you by "helping" you.
It's a simple firmware push to make all games DRM-free. Once the servers shut down, they have no reason to have any worries about the DRM. You seriously think a company that will be alive 20 years from now will completely negate all you purchased with a flip of a switch? That has to be the dumbest thing I ever heard. They'd get way too much backlash from that sh*t. Sony may worry about it down the road, but I don't think Microsoft will be out of business 20 years down the road.

If they shut down support for the X1 online, I'm fairly sure that they'd shut down the DRM beforehand.
 5 years ago '05        #27
Jutsu 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,109 | Props total: 0 0
>The thing is we suck at telling the story. The whole point of the DRM switch from disc based to cloud based is to k!ll disc swapping, scratched discs, bringing discs to friends house, trade-ins for sh*t value with nothign going back to developers, and high game costs. If you want games cheaper then 59.99, you have to limit used games somehow. Steam's model requires a limited used game model.

Whether this is real or not, i'm pretty sure we can all agree that MS needs to fire their PR people. A simple statement, "DRM is necessary because we want to make your games cheaper". That would have put everyone's mind at ease.

The hurdle I see for MS is that they have competition offering the same games with no DRM hassle. When Valve implemented Steam on the PC, it was the only way we could play Half Life 2 and Counter Strike. PC Gamers tolerated the crashes/bugs with Steam (not really tolerate because ppl sh*tted on it using the Valve's community forums, but they stuck with it begrudgingly) in the fist couple years. If MS wanted to slowly roll this out perhaps they could have let the disc based games be 59.99 and then advertise a 49.99 price point for the same game using their download service on their UI.

But that also means EA and UBI would not be down with that for too long because when they started wanting full control of pricing from Steam they created their own services (Origin and U-play), now PC gamers have Origin, U-Play, and Steam to buy games from (if i got this right, Origin started with BF3 and U-play started with Far Cry 3...i think).
 5 years ago '12        #28
space
space
 Oh Finesse said:
^my man

which is why I don't see this whole idea of all digital on consoles panning out, at least not any time soon, if ever. ms will backtrack in the coming years, hopefully before the xlawsetwo comes out, they'll follow Sony's lead this gen, they'll kick the dumb sh*t sooner or later.. or maybe that's just wishful thinking, this whole fiasco has proven their stupidity

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #29
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Yinz N Burgh said:
It's a fact they made that decision right before same with the price. Sad part is they could back out before release and catch 0 sh*t for it. They will go they both have it Forgetting if that was the case they would have pre-order X1 for the better exclusives.

Like you said they can't do it for one console and not the other. So it's lose money or make money?

where's the source for this fact? serious question
 5 years ago '11        #30
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 Nyse03 said:
With all the ridiculous features the X1 can do, the PS4 truly does feel like a brick in comparison. And this is no hate, but what cool features does the PS4 have? It just seems like a PS3 with upgraded graphics (which is satisfactory for some). I personally am looking for more than just a graphic upgrade. Now I understand the price difference. The possibilities are almost endless.
PS4 seemed like the way to go at the end of E3 (not during, that was unimpressive). But when the hype dies down and I really step back and look at it, not only can the X1 revive the game industry, but it's way ahead of everything else.
Streaming PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4 games
Allowing you to instantly access a demo
Allowing you to download in part and begin playing immediately.
Allowing you to download the game's multiplayer or single player first.
Remote Play with all titles that don't make use of the PlayStation Camera
 5 years ago '12        #31
space
space
 Jesszman said:
I really want to see how flawless this streaming thing works on the Playstation.

Last edited by Cubs Draco; 06-14-2013 at 01:30 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #32
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 Austin Foyt said:
I really want to see how flawless this streaming thing works on the Playstation.
It was pretty flawless before Sony acquired them
 5 years ago '12        #33
space
space
 Jesszman said:
It was pretty flawless before Sony acquired them
The X1 will be able to do this too
 5 years ago '05        #34
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
 Jesszman said:
None of this is as dope as switching between games at the sound of your voice. Just my opinion though.
 5 years ago '12        #35
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:
This dude has clearly never owned any voice activated sh*t in his life it's a gimmick and it's never as good as it looks u will be using the controller more bet
I'm going to be using my controller more, but it's still another option.
 5 years ago '12        #36
space
space
Mr I 69 how many trophies do you have? Do you even have a PSN account?
 5 years ago '05        #37
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:
To ur previous comment true about the controller but that dude said it like it was some major selling point

No idea I only pay attention to trophies if I beat a game and wanna go back and have sh*t to do but who actually keeps count like that
So you saying its not going to work how they demonstrated it? And you know this how?
And for me it is a major selling point after seeing it work.
 5 years ago '12        #38
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:
Did u even watch the playstation conference and the playstation UI teaser?
The only thing they said that excited people was "You can play used games on our $399 console."

PS4 UI will stay the same after 8+ years like the PS3's
 5 years ago '12        #39
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:
Ok just had a little more time to skim through still didn't read the whole sh*t so correct me if I'm wrong but

They implemented drm so u wouldn't have to locate ur disc when ur pesky brother didn't put it back? Wut?

They implemented drm to reduce prices on games.... Like playstation plus?

Did that dude say Internet Explorer?
You will forever be stuck in the past.
 5 years ago '12        #40
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:
Ur not allowed to say that while riding with a system that's trying to implement sh*t the competition did the previous gen.... And Internet Explorer is the future? Oh the irony
Where did you get this IE is the future sh*t from? that stuff is on 360...

And it looks to me that Sony is trying to implement what the 360 has already done with cross game chat, and making you pay for online to play multiplayer
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
203 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
229 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy