OFFICIAL Killer Instinct(2013) Thread || ULTRA COMBO!!!!
|3 years ago||'04 #363|
$9,341 | 5732
[pic - click to view]
Killer Instinct Spinal notes
Spinal's unique combo trait is called, "Ghostly Manuals."
- After hitting a normal Auto Double, you hit the same button again, and an extra third hit will come out.
- That third hit deals a nice chunk of potential damage.
- Timing on breaking the third hit is tight, like a regular manual.
Currently equipped with the most tools out of any character on the roster.
Spinal's entry level to play is not quite as high as Glacius'.
Spinal can acquire skulls in this iteration of k!ller Instinct.
- Most common way to do so right now is using a particular Combo Ender.
- Skulls give him a powered up version of each special move.
- They allow him to shoot a bunch of skulls as well.
Spinal has three types of skull fireballs: One hits low, one recovers very fast, and one is an overhead that comes from the top of the screen. Each of the fireballs reportedly recovers quite quickly.
If skulls hit you, they will attach to you and work like a status ailment, draining Shadow meter, and granting it to Spinal.
- The skulls also have a stacking function, so if you hit the opponent with multiple skulls, you can potentially drain all of their meter.
Regular skull fireballs drain Shadow meter, super skull fireballs, (which you don't need summoned skulls to perform), drains Instinct meter.
Spinal is a momentum based character, with a "varying archetype".
Another way to acquire skulls is by using his shield absorb special move.
- This attack can absorb physical attacks. (The stream used the example of Spinal absorbing Jago's Wind Kick, gaining 1 skull, then punishing Jago even though he'd normally have frame advantage in that situation. They also mentioning being able to absorb a full Shadow Wind Kick from Jago.)
Spinal does not morph into other characters in this game.
He still has his Skeleport move. Has three versions of it, and the MS team compared it to that of Dr. Strange or Phoenix from UMvC3.
- When he has a summoned skull, he can cancel one of the teleports directly into a special move.
- Skeleport can be used in the air, but only when using the Shadow version.
Spinal has a run, a dive kick, and a slide.
When Spinal activates Instinct mode, he immediately acquires 5 skulls (which is the maximum number right now.)
- He also quickly regenerates skulls during Instinct mode.
His dive kick is very unsafe on block, but can be made safer when aiming at the opponent's ankles.
- Leads into a full combo on hit.
Spinal does not have a dash, but his run can be used instead.
- Run can be cancelled into any of Spinal's moves, and is reported to be one of the most mobile characters in the game.
- He is incredibly slow when he's not running.
Spinal retains his classic laugh, and can do so by performing his taunt.
Throws will grant Spinal with a skull, and absorbing special moves with his shield will give him a number of skulls based on how many hits are absorbed. (i.e. 5 hits of a Shadow move would give Spinal 5 skulls.)
Shield absorb does have a bit of start up, but recovers quickly.
- Can't cancel into shield. (The MS team notes that you can't be blocking, and then cancel into shield absorb. This was considered, but they felt it would be too powerful.)
Spinal has a command normal overhead (Back + HP), and a command normal slide (Down + HK) that works as an opener and is very unsafe on block.
- Back + (hold) LP is his "Power Devour" attack.
He has really good pokes, but his frame data is "pretty average."
His normals aren't that fast, and aside from his particular long range pokes, he doesn't have much range on his attacks.
Shield Bash attack is safe on block, and with a skull, the HK version is projectile invincible.
- All of the heavy versions of his special moves use up a skull, but they gain special properties.
At the moment, Spinal is well-balanced. He does well against Glacius, and Sadira.
- Thunder and Sabrewulf currently do pretty well against Spinal.
Along with the Spinal update, the rage quitting issue will be addressed. Patch notes will be released when the update goes live and will detail what changes are being made in that regard.
Fulgore expected to be shown at the end of Spinal's trailer, which will drop some time next week.
|3 years ago||'04 #366|
$9,341 | 5732
Spinal seems like he has too many options to earn skulls. Ima gonna get drained by skulls all game and not be able to do sh*t.
At least he has a slow walk speed. But well timed dive kicks, runs, & teleports will get him where he needs to be.
All these Jago players are screwed. Those super safe Wind Kicks aint happening on Spinals watch.
|3 years ago||'04 #367|
$12,260 | 1750
I've learned moving up in rank. That wind kick is far from safe And shadow moves are worse. My jago had to be revamped as I moved up in rank or people would perfect me.
I still cant defeat a good sadira this chick something else.
Spinal will be light weight to command grab and the quick ankle chip move. From thunder
|3 years ago||'04 #374|
$9,341 | 5732
Spinal marathon til Titanfall March 11th. Titanfall binge til Fulgore & KI3 story mode.
I don't regret my Xbox One purchase.
|3 years ago||'04 #376|
$9,341 | 5732
NEW PLAYABLE CHARACTER
Spinal character and his accessory sets are now available for ULTRA EDITION and COMBO BREAKER PACK owners.
Meld will now greet you each time you start up k!ller Instinct to highlight any updates or news!
RAGE QUIT SOLUTION IMPLEMENTED
Introducing a novel solution to rage quitters in Ranked Match:*JAIL
- The first time your disconnect percentage goes above 15 percent you go to JAIL
- A 10 match minimum is required
- JAIL lasts for 24 hours. During this time you can only be matched against other JAIL members
- Each time you go to JAIL the amount of time increases by 24 hours (capped at 5 days 120 hrs)
- While in JAIL your profile icon will be automatically changed to a custom JAIL icon to let you know you are in JAIL
- When your JAIL time is up, you go back into the public again (even if your disconnect percentage is back over 15%)
- However, when back in public, if you disconnect and you are still above 15 percentage you go directly back to JAIL
- For any match that sends you to JAIL, player will take a loss
Practice Mode Position Reset Added
Players now have the ability to quickly reset their character positioning by using the commands below while in PRACTICE MODE:
- View + Menu Reset both characters back to the starting locations in the center of the stage
- View + Menu + Left Reset both characters on the left side of the stage
- View + Menu + Right Reset both characters on the right side of the stage
Leaderboards Quick Search
Players will now be able to press Y to see the top rank of that specific leaderboard.
ULTRA COMBO AUDIO DISTORTION
Fixed an issue where users would hear audio distortion during ULTRA COMBO sequences.
TRAINING MODE GENERAL FIXES
Several issues have been fixed to make sure that the AI will react accurately towards the settings of the player.
MATCHMAKING FOR RANKED MATCHES
Ranked search will now properly search for the ranks nearest to your rank, then slowly expand its ranked search range over 1 min.
EXHIBITION INVITE FIX
Fixed an issue when you tried to join an invite and it would fail because it was waiting for you to leave your previous session.
PLAYER RANK DISPLAY UPDATE
Fix spelling errors in Journeyman and Baller Rank Title graphics.
HOSTING BUG FIXED
Fixed hosting an Exhibition Match while player rank was above 20.
RANKING UP/DOWN DISPLAY FIX
Potential Rank Up / Rank Down messages will no longer stay on the screen if the opponent disconnects during the match.
WIN/LOSS PROPERLY DISPLAYS*
Fixed post-match screen showing incorrect win/loss in Exhibition Match.
RANK BAR ANIMATION FIX
Ranking bar animation on loss has been fixed, and will now properly display.
Fixed a bug that allowed players to perform a Shadow Endokuen without using meter.
Tracking properties of OVERPOWER (Back + Heavy Punch) will no longer auto correct if the opponent jumps over Sabrewulf.
Fix to Shadow Itch Ni San getting broken when used as an opener in certain cases.
Fix to web ball causing a blowout reaction during ultra if opponent was already above 100 KV.
|01-30-2014, 03:37 PM||#377|