Sony's About Face: Used games DRM is Still up to Third Parties

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
204 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
253 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
176 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #121
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
The issue is that, this is not the same Gen. And if 3rd parties see an opening to go all out and keep all the money for them, why wouldn't they, MS didn't just go all out and not consult with these people, I hope so, not that besides the controller and friends, give a fu*k witch console I play on. I wish I could go "XBOX IS THE sh*t" right now, but it's not the case.

Xbox fu*ked up on the HDDVD/Blueray sh*t and lost ALOT of customers, so I doubt they really fu*kin up with this, I really think in the next couple of months the 24hour check in will be removed, cause they know damn well how many times most of their subscribers do not check in each 24hrs.
 5 years ago '07        #122
Bigakathebeast 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 137 137
AllThingsD: First off, people seemed really excited at last night’s [Sony PlayStation] event when you announced the no-DRM policy, which would allow for freer sharing of games. But this morning there was still confusion, and some countered that there are restrictions on game sharing. Can you offer a simple explanation for how this will work with the PS4?

Any game that is made for PS4 that is physical goods, whether first-party or third-party, can go into a PS4 and play regardless of where it came from. The first player will play it, no problem, the second player will play it, no problem. What I was referring to was the online proposition. [The example was later given to me: If you buy a used disc from GameStop, you’ll have no problem popping that disc in and playing it from your PlayStation 4. The issue may arise when you try to jump online and play with other players. At that point, a third-party publisher may impose a fee or not allow that.]

The easiest way to explain it is — if you understand how it works on PlayStation 3, then that’s the same way it will work on PlayStation 4. No changes there. We’ve been out for six and a half years. It’s the same experience.

from Jack Tretton directly

what is the problem again?
 5 years ago '12        #123
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,121 | Props total: 15688 15688
 Bigakathebeast said:

from Jack Tretton directly

what is the problem again?
Thank You. That's all I needed to see.

Now can we please end this thread
 5 years ago '05        #124
jwill 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$980 | Props total: 270 270
Sony is reiterating that ps4 is no different from ps3 or xbox360. If activision wants to charge you to play online right now they can. same with ps4. even if you throw drm out, why would anyone pay

$100 more to get a console that plays the same games with worse graphics?

AMD Radeon HD 7870 (ps4) vs AMD Radeon HD 7790 (xbox)

ddr5 (ps4) vs ddr3 (xbox)

8 gigs (7 dedicated to gaming, ps4) vs 8 gigs (5 dedicated to gaming, xbox)

500gb non-replacable hdd with mandatory install (xbox, retarded) vs replaceable hdd (ps4)

built-in used game restrictions on every game (xbox) vs potential 3rd party used game restrictions (ps4)?

required to be online every 24 hrs and every hr at a friends house (xbox) vs not giving 2 sh*ts (ps4)

Last edited by jwill; 06-11-2013 at 10:10 PM..
 06-11-2013, 10:03 PM         #125
HDBeatz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CosbySweater said:
I'm gonna pick up my PS4 like

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #126
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
Some dumb mother fu*kers in here and I only read this page and page 1
 06-11-2013, 11:13 PM         #127
purelogic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I liked the ps2 over xbox
I liked the 360 over the ps3
I like the ps4 over the xbox one

time to adjust to the dualshock controller again.
 06-12-2013, 02:46 AM         #128
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
after all that celebrating y'all n*ggas was doing. Y'all will still have SOME restrictions too. But now it's "But it's not as many restrictions". What happen to being all about your rights as a human being!!!? Now you're ok with them not taking away as many of your rights? Face it. n*ggas was overreacting to this entire Xbox1 sh*t to begin with and after the dust settles nobody is really gonna give a fu*k that you have to check in online within 24 hours to play the Xbox1. Xboxwon.
 06-12-2013, 02:48 AM         #129
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
As for graphics the PS3 has "better" graphics than the Xbox360. You can't even notice the difference. And what happened to all the "Real gamers don't care about graphics" sh*t that n*ggas be kicking to knock COD? smh Majority of "hardcore" gamers are fu*king stupid, this is the conclusion I'm drawing from this whole sh*t.
 5 years ago '06        #130
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 pandadays said:
put your shirt back on n*gga
 1ironboy1 said:
fuc up fatty lol

SOCIALITE said:
after all that celebrating y'all n*ggas was doing. Y'all will still have SOME restrictions too. But now it's "But it's not as many restrictions". What happen to being all about your rights as a human being!!!? Now you're ok with them not taking away as many of your rights? Face it. n*ggas was overreacting to this entire Xbox1 sh*t to begin with and after the dust settles nobody is really gonna give a fu*k that you have to check in online within 24 hours to play the Xbox1. Xboxwon.

u were too stupid to understand anything u read in this thread, we get it
 5 years ago '04        #131
eza 
space
space
$3,686 | Props total: 1 1
get the fu*k out of here go buy your george orwell 1984 xbox one game console that tells you when to eat and sh*t PS4>>>>>>>>xbox1
 06-12-2013, 06:38 AM         #132
BayArea51 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CosbySweater said:
I'm gonna pick up my PS4 like

[pic - click to view]

06-12-2013, 03:02 PM         #133
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SOCIALITE said:
show me ONE restriction thats been revealed for ps4

and there's also this

We've already come right out and said we're not going to allow online pass. And the word "allow" is key there. Specifically with online, with PS+ requiring a charge to play online, we would not want any publisher [to charge.]

In general, we're all businesses. Sony or Microsoft is never going to be able to tell EA or Activision exactly what they can do. What we like to say at PlayStation is that we set the precedent. The way we are approaching this is that we want this to be extremely consumer-friendly, extremely retailer-friendly, and extremely publisher-friendly. My personal opinion is that it's hard for me to believe that any major publisher is going to put an extra set of used DRM onto game titles because that wouldn't put them in a good spot, right?
MS is out here requiring drm and used game fees while sony is out here f!ghting against it
 5 years ago '04        #134
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,519 | Props total: 55 55
Wow... buncha brain surgeons in here. If a game only supplies Multiplayer... how the fvck are you going to play it offline???? A developer isn't gunna put single player in for just Sony... stupid mother fvckers
 5 years ago '04        #135
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,519 | Props total: 55 55
Also about the GPUs... you know they incorporate different ammounts of RAM on GPUs. You can get 1GB and 2GB cards... hell my buddy is grabbing a 7790 with 6GB of RAM on it... know what you are talking about... architecture is based off those models... thats it. Trying to justify system Specs when you all seen k!llzone Gameplay... now put that next to Titanfall or Ryse Gameplay... Sony got smashed in the graphics department so far.
 5 years ago '10        #136
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,883 | Props total: 20932 20932
 2D.... said:

and there's also this

MS is out here requiring drm and used game fees while sony is out here f!ghting against it
You think they f!ghting against it?

Y'all gon learn today
 5 years ago '05        #137
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,893 | Props total: 20996 20996
 2D.... said:

and there's also this

There are no required used game fees. I can't believe dudes are still arguing sh*t that has been debunked 1,000 times.
 5 years ago '08        #138
BRonin357 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,877 | Props total: 1156 1156
sh*ts ridiculous on both sides! The $100 is the new kinect (which for some is being shoved down their throats) which is only making it easier for devs to bring certain game features across the board like voice/visual chat voice commands and the like. The eye toy is extra if you want it and doesn't have the same features like tracking heartbeats and a 1080p camera. I understand not wanting the kinect or eyetoy, they're niche items that resonate with dancers, small children and girls. Most of us are too lazy to want to get up or talk unless its getting more beer or sh*t talking. But if my kinect could pause my game cuz it saw me leave or while I'm on skype mute the convo when it sees me turn my head for an extended period because I was talking to my wife or child then that would be awesome!

The supposed difference in DDR and how there allocated is a moot. I've see $5000 rig's get beat by $1000 rig's because the tweeking was done to get the most out of the machine. And with dev's learning that in the years to come along with the virtual hardware from the 300,000 servers I can see the One taking a small lead in graphics and AI in the coming years also!

The restrictions are a bit of a downer, but they don't really affect me, especially now that I'm out of the service! (Thank God) But for guys in the sandbox wanting next gen xbox I feel bad, but they could always get mobile broadband, which some guys do! For those in the sub's, well it's the PS4 for you and keep it moving! Bull getting butt hurt over nothing IMO!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
72 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
45 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
80 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy