Sony's About Face: Used games DRM is Still up to Third Parties

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
57 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #81
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,868 | Props total: 20842 20842
 1ironboy1 said:
jeezman trynna hold on to sonys defense to dear life. LMAO. give it up bro and take ur L. loll
He still needs to come collect that L for swearing up and down and every which way that there was a 0% chance that Sony would charge for online play with the PS4.
 4 years ago '06        #82
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
So basically it's no different then it is now? ... This thread is useless lol
 4 years ago '12        #83
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,101 | Props total: 15514 15514
 JCSIII said:
So basically it's no different then it is now? ... This thread is useless lol
EXACTLY
 06-11-2013, 05:46 PM         #84
Se7en 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jesszman said:
No they didn't. Jack's statement was referring to online for used games. So publishers might bring back online passes specifically for used games. Otherwise, you'll be able to play your used games just like always.
and that is pretty what Xbox one does. Lol. They are leaving third party up to the developer and only enforcing it with their own in house developed games...Boohoo I cant trade in Halo 5. I dont trade sh*t anyway and pretty much any big console exclusive I dont lend out either. People are dumb as sh*t (not you Jizzface, Just the dumb fanboys in here)
 4 years ago '04        #85
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,593 | Props total: 1013 1013
I'm keeping my preorder. I'm mainly interested in the first party sh*t anyway.
 4 years ago '04        #86
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,261 | Props total: 2826 2826
 Se7en said:
and that is pretty what Xbox one does. Lol. They are leaving third party up to the developer and only enforcing it with their own in house developed games...Boohoo I cant trade in Halo 5. I dont trade sh*t anyway and pretty much any big console exclusive I dont lend out either. People are dumb as sh*t (not you Jizzface, Just the dumb fanboys in here)
thats cool but some games most likely won't warrant purchasing at release in my opinion. For example Forza 5, Ryse, Sunset Overboard and I'm also not a fan of Dead Rising. But what if I want to play these games for a short period of time. I have to buy them and be stuck with them forever?
 4 years ago '06        #87
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,904 | Props total: 7568 7568
 Jesszman said:
No, you don't need to be online at all for any games that isn't online only. stop trying to spin this.
No one is spinning anything but you, if third party games that use Sonys patent DRM do not have to be online to play them, show me a link where Sony verifies that.
 4 years ago '06        #88
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
 CTre said:
thats cool but some games most likely won't warrant purchasing at release in my opinion. For example Forza 5, Ryse, Sunset Overboard and I'm also not a fan of Dead Rising. But what if I want to play these games for a short period of time. I have to buy them and be stuck with them forever?
You can trade them in or sell them to someone whose been on your friends list for 30 days. It's cool you getting a ps4, I ain't mad at ya, but you don't have to lie on the xbox one, its not that serious.
 4 years ago '07        #89
moe4484 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,661 | Props total: 1132 1132
 CTre said:
Didnt they say you can trade games in at participating retailers????
 4 years ago '10        #90
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 Se7en said:
Nope.

The Xbox restricts what you can do with your games without publishers doing anything at all.

The PS4 is the same as the Xbox 360 and PS3 in terms of how this works.

Try again.
 4 years ago '06        #91
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
 moe4484 said:
Didnt they say you can trade games in at participating retailers????
You can trade in your games. Playstation fanboys are just making up stuff to save face. They Sonya E3 was wack.
 4 years ago '07        #92
moe4484 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,661 | Props total: 1132 1132
 Kingme said:
You can trade in your games. Playstation fanboys are just making up stuff to save face. They Sonya E3 was wack.
Thanks I thought I had read that somewhere
 4 years ago '10        #93
space
space
 Kingme said:
Nope.

"Participating retailers"

That's a restriction.

You guys just look for "you can trade games" and think everything is alright.

You guys just aren't that bright.
 4 years ago '04        #94
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,261 | Props total: 2826 2826
 Kingme said:
I've been down with MS since Black/Green Xbox Launch. I'm trying to get things straight. Hey, I still care about the XboxOne...somewhat
 4 years ago '10        #95
space
space
Has Microsoft even confirmed the list of participating retailers?

These guys have left you in the dark on how so much works in regards to what you can do.

Nothing has changed from this gen with Sony. The difference is clear as night and day.

I'm a gamer that just wants to play without the bullsh*t. I want someone to call me a Playstation fanboy so I can make them look stupid.
 4 years ago '05        #96
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:

These guys have left you in the dark on how so much works in regards to what you can do.

Nothing has changed from this gen with Sony. The difference is clear as night and day.

I'm a gamer that just wants to play without the bullsh*t. I want someone to call me a Playstation fanboy so I can make them look stupid.
Keep telling yourself that.

sh*t, free online play has already been confirmed to have changed.
 4 years ago '12        #97
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,101 | Props total: 15514 15514
 Krazie said:

Other than PS+ being a requiring for multiplayer (which I really don't mind paying for with all the extra perks)

What is the difference with this gen in regards to Sony? I seriously want to know.
 4 years ago '05        #98
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
 CosbySweater said:
Other than PS+ being a requiring for multiplayer (which I really don't mind paying for with all the extra perks)

What is the difference with this gen in regards to Sony? I seriously want to know.
Waiting 5 months for the dust to settle to have an exact clear view of how everything will operate.

It's the only logical thing to do instead of being a keyboard warrior like Hovi.
 4 years ago '06        #99
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:

Has Sony confirmed its third party DRM policy, restrictions, or policy for third party games? As far as we know, every third party game can use DRM on the ps4 with no trade in, rental, or gifting options. Sony said the PS3 would be backwards compatible and they lied, you'd be wise to question a desperate company who has a history of lying on games and console features.
 4 years ago '10        #100
space
space
 Krazie said:

[pic - click to view]

You were in this thread earlier and now you're acting brand new huh?

Hovi Bryant said:
The average American income hasn't changed in over 3 decades, yet Microsoft keeps taking away from the consumer. The competition will follow suit if they succeed.

Playstation Plus is required for online gaming. We know why.
You're pretty sad man.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
65 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago