Is J Cole talking about Hov on the second verse on Rich Niggas?

most viewed right now
 129
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 111
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 85
vida guerra
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 81
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
145 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 06-10-2013, 10:35 AM         #61
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'mma cop this.
 5 years ago '04        #62
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
avatar space
space
$49,446 | Props total: 6517 6517
if anything else this is a very interesting discussion
 5 years ago '10        #63
Walmart 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,908 | Props total: 9064 9064
Looks like he's speaking to his alter ego in that verse and not an actual person
 5 years ago '10        #64
Walmart 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,908 | Props total: 9064 9064
 hanis said:
idk, cole just doesn't seem like the type, from numerous interactions with him and doing shows with him, he is one of the few rappers i've been around who actually is a genuinely good guy, and thats coming from someone who is a non rapper so he doesn't need to be fake nice to me, it just seems like he has a pretty good grasp on what to do and not do , and this is just never going to end well for him if somehow it comes out he feels a way about jay, so early into his career, it makes no sense
True, Cole does seem to be a genuinely cool dude.

That and his subject matter are reasons why he has such a true fanbase
 5 years ago '07        #65
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,847 | Props total: 4832 4832
 KoKen said:


Surprised no one's mentioned this yet...

Reminds me of Eminem's Seduction track, where it sounded like blatant shots fired.. This sounds more like real man to man sh*t though like Hov showed him a side he didn't like and Cole doesn't really regard him as highly anymore...


Or am I reaching?
when he is talkin about rich n*ggaz,he is talkin about people born wit a silver spoon in they mouth.jay doesnt fit that bill
 06-10-2013, 11:33 AM         #66
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Song is definitely a shot at whoever fit the description, and Jay does fit the description, He's a rich n*gga. But It really ain't a shot, Cole just ain't as mature as jay and he know that and he know that one day he may grow to be just as cold as Jay and the new n*gga might be dissing him.
 06-10-2013, 11:41 AM         #67
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
when he is talkin about rich n*ggaz,he is talkin about people born wit a silver spoon in they mouth.jay doesnt fit that bill
How is he talking about someone born with a silver spoon in their mouth when he's talking about a rich n*gga who make music that brags in their song. Now name a rich rap n*gga born with a silver spoon. He definitely not talking about Rich Hil because he don't brag like that and ain't been around long enough.


This song needed to be made whether he's talking about Jay-Z or not, damn Jay-Z ain't perfect every body doing what they have to do for that cash and slicing n*ggas hands off out here I don't care who they are. That's why Cole was like his worst fear he might become the n*ggas he dissing.

Wayne fit the description too.


Last edited by Sam Rothstein; 06-10-2013 at 11:44 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #68
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,847 | Props total: 4832 4832
 Sam Rothstein said:
How is he talking about someone born with a silver spoon in their mouth when he's talking about a rich n*gga who make music that brags in their song. Now name a rich rap n*gga born with a silver spoon. He definitely not talking about Rich Hil because he don't brag like that and ain't been around long enough.


This song needed to be made whether he's talking about Jay-Z or not, damn Jay-Z ain't perfect every body doing what they have to do for that cash and slicing n*ggas hands off out here I don't care who they are. That's why Cole was like his worst fear he might become the n*ggas he dissing.

Wayne fit the description too.
because if u actually take tha time to listen to tha song,he is talkin about why he hates "rich n*ggaz".he says he hates them because he grew up not havin sh*t,his moms was neva home because she had to work,he had to rob,steal and hustle to get money.

jayz ,and lil wayne grew up tha exact same way.so he is talkin about people who were born rich.and verse 2 he is talkin about losin himself in tha fame that comes wit bein a star
 5 years ago '11        #69
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
avatar space
space
$13,250 | Props total: 24761 24761
 hanis said:
if he feels a way about jay, he would never, ever , ever in his life even throw a subliminal at the man, think about what you guys are really accusing him of right now... no matter how jay treats him, acts towards him, says to him, all he can do is sit there and take it and quite frankly he's probably happy that jay even acknowledges him...

first, this is a kid who used to wear a "produce for jay z or die" t-shirt proudly in college

second, if jay doesn't give him a shot (given that mark pitts deciding to manage him was really what gave him a shot), and put him as the first artist on roc nation when he started it, none of you guys know who j cole is to this day, the platform he gave him, the resources he gave him, the looks he gave him, there is no man alive who is ungrateful enough to take shots at the man who set him up to have money in his pocket for the rest of his life

and third, he could possibly be taking some shots at ye, i get the impression he kinda feels some way or another about him from little things him and his people have said in the past and now leading up to this point, but in reality its not him either and its a reach, kanye is exactly WHO HE IS TRYING TO BE, kanye paved the road for the rapper/producer to be taken seriously, if there's no kanye, his label is telling him he needs to stop producing, cause he beats are average at best for the most part, and stick to perfecting the craft of rapping

[pic - click to view]



 06-10-2013, 12:59 PM         #70
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
because if u actually take tha time to listen to tha song,he is talkin about why he hates "rich n*ggaz".he says he hates them because he grew up not havin sh*t,his moms was neva home because she had to work,he had to rob,steal and hustle to get money.

jayz ,and lil wayne grew up tha exact same way.so he is talkin about people who were born rich.and verse 2 he is talkin about losin himself in tha fame that comes wit bein a star
Yeah, but he's saying his worst fear is that he will become who he is talking about. He's becoming a rich n*gga just like Jay, just like Wayne. So it's not about how he grew up if he scared that he can become what he's talking.

I don't know though, but that's just how I see it. If this isn't directed at the elite in the game then who is it directed at?


At the end of the day Cole know that real hip-hop ain't gonna get him no where so he might have to start switching it up.



He really not taking shots at Jay, he's just telling it how it is, that's what the game will do to n*ggas. I don't think these n*ggas buying all these chains and talking this bullsh*t just to do it, they do it because that's how the game go.

If a n*gga ain't stuntin, then you can bet your last dollar another n*gga gonna come through and stunt on n*ggas and get all the attention and all the hoes. That's how the game go.


Last edited by Sam Rothstein; 06-10-2013 at 01:04 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #71
SpazzOut 63 heat pts63
space
avatar space
space
$3,580 | Props total: 1671 1671
 J.Nathan said:
I was coming in here to say the same exact thing.

On top of that he made references to:

Being crazy - Ye is constantly flipping out in public and going on rants.

"And numb from all the Ménages" - Ye is always talking about ménages in his rhymes.

"And I become lost and I become heartless" - Title of Ye's song

"Just one bi*ch don't feel the same no more" - He's been rumored to fu*k around with multiple chicks in the past and cheated on Amber Rose w/ Kim K.

"And Henny don't really k!ll the pain no more" - The Taylor Swift incident

I could be reaching also, but that's just how it seems to me.
Reach of the decade my n*gga.... you get the Dhalsim award
 5 years ago '10        #72
SpazzOut 63 heat pts63
space
avatar space
space
$3,580 | Props total: 1671 1671
But yeah, Cole was throwing shade on Jay all over the album...
 5 years ago '10        #73
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
avatar space
space
$67,904 | Props total: 21191 21191
 psylence2k said:
Why would it be about Canibus ?? I'm sure Jay was one of his "idols" too, after Pac, Nas, and Em.
? Are you serious? The dude idolized Canibus, it's well documented bruh. I think he fu*ked with Bis more over Pac & Nas.
 5 years ago '07        #74
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,847 | Props total: 4832 4832
 Sam Rothstein said:
Yeah, but he's saying his worst fear is that he will become who he is talking about. He's becoming a rich n*gga just like Jay, just like Wayne. So it's not about how he grew up if he scared that he can become what he's talking.

I don't know though, but that's just how I see it. If this isn't directed at the elite in the game then who is it directed at?


At the end of the day Cole know that real hip-hop ain't gonna get him no where so he might have to start switching it up.



He really not taking shots at Jay, he's just telling it how it is, that's what the game will do to n*ggas. I don't think these n*ggas buying all these chains and talking this bullsh*t just to do it, they do it because that's how the game go.

If a n*gga ain't stuntin, then you can bet your last dollar another n*gga gonna come through and stunt on n*ggas and get all the attention and all the hoes. That's how the game go.
it is no jay and wayne lol.all he is talkin about is not becomming numb,and gettin lost in this fame sh*t.every song a dude makes doesnt have to be about somebody
 5 years ago '10        #75
SpazzOut 63 heat pts63
space
avatar space
space
$3,580 | Props total: 1671 1671
Rich n*ggaz is about rappers like Diggy, Drake, etc. who grew up rich and got into rap without paying any real dues.
 5 years ago '07        #76
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,847 | Props total: 4832 4832
 SpazzOut said:
Rich n*ggaz is about rappers like Diggy, Drake, etc. who grew up rich and got into rap without paying any real dues.
 5 years ago '04        #77
therealness 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,445 | Props total: 1572 1572
Doubt Cole would go at the n*gga he's signed too. n*gga aint tryna get shelved.
 5 years ago '13        #78
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
avatar space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38467 38467
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
? Are you serious? The dude idolized Canibus, it's well documented bruh. I think he fu*ked with Bis more over Pac & Nas.
He said he only started rappin because of Pacs Thuglife album, first song he memorized word for word was Pour Out A Lil Liquor when he was 7 years old, there is a video of him rappin it during a interview

Fav rapper is Pac, fav album is Makaveli
 06-11-2013, 01:02 AM         #79
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lets not forget that cole has a few too many lines saying how the older heads should bow out the game

but kanye and drake make just as much sense too, if not more
 5 years ago '12        #80
Yugi 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$271 | Props total: 64 64
I'm not going to say too much but Cole and J been beefin low key for the longest it started first when cole did this song.

[video - click to view]

Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 53
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
97 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 47
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 36
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 22
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 18
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 18
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy